Soldier // j.j.k

By _elin24_

'The way everything seems so wrong, but so right. Was it when you promised me you will be back? Or was it the... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.

42. (Final)

1.4K 54 51
By _elin24_

"I'm still wondering when are you going to quit working at the hospital? The war is over now. A lot of us had quit it even before the agreement."

"I'll have to think about it more, Rosé. Quitting a job you have done for so long is hard"

She nodded before sipping her wine, eyes looking at the countless people talking at each other. Face full of happiness, genuine laughter could be heard everywhere and tears of joy comes with it. They were finally free from the war, celebrating their independence with no worries. Lovers were married, families were reunited and hopes were blooming. It was a new life for them, for Rosé and for her. Women and men that night share the same happiness, and Haewon could see how happy are they.

Even so, almost half of them were mourning too. The ones who never get to come home alive, soldiers who was missing in action during the war and bodies that were buried far from their family was the proof of how it leaves a scar in their heart. There was nothing they could do, but to only hope they are in a better place. Rosé had lost her brother from the war, and all she was left was her mother. It will be hard for her to stop her job without no one taking care of their expenses.

"I was wondering where are the men who have fought bravely in the war? I heard most of them were single"

"You are never interested in men. Why are you suddenly asking for one?"

"I inspire to have a one night stand that end up making me find a husband myself, like someone I know"

"Says someone who almost yelled at me for marrying him. I assume you don't think Jungkook as a bad person anymore?"

She laughed before nudging her elbow to her, making Haewon raised her eyebrows. Rosé signaled someone was behind her so she turn, only to see her man in his blue dark uniform smiling at he. The woman laughed before walking away from the pair and went to talk with some gossipers at the side of the hall. Teas and coffees are spilling tonight, she don't want to miss it.

"Do you wait for too long?," he said before pulling her petite body closer to him, the smell of lavender entered his nostril. The woman shook before putting aside her wine at the table beside them before adjusting his tie which is a little bit loose. The close proximity between them ignite a spark in his body but Jungkook knew the woman would like to stay longer in the hall. It's a joyous celebration after all, Haewon will love to stay and talk with everyone. "It's a pity miss Anna choose to be with Jaeun tonight. She would love to see this"

"Your daughter is a fast sleeper, and Miss Anna is too old for dances and light. She claimed it by herself"

"Aren't we too old for this too?,"he said before slowly leaning in to kiss her but she stopped him by placing a finger at his lips. "Not here, sir. I don't wish to be famous because of a picture a soldier with his wife kissing after knowing the war has ended"

"Even a peck?"

"You've gotten a lot of that since we came back. You should have been bored to see my face now"

He chuckled before distancing themselves but instead of letting go, he took her hand in his and kissed the back of her hand. Haewon was a little bit bewildered by his sudden action and realize some women were looking at them with a giggle emitted from their red lips. She wasn't sure whether they found it romantic or Jungkook was indeed stunning that night, even young girls turned twice to see him. He's a looker, and now everyone in London might even try to throw their body at him if he wasn't married to a boring woman like her.

A boring woman that fit the royalty, Rosé claimed.

"I won't get bored at something I've tried so hard to make it mine. And kisses have a lot of version, whether a child play or an intense love. Which one do you prefer?"

"I prefer you to not even think about it tonight"

"Well that couldn't be helped. I'm making up for the times I lost with you and Jaeun. Daytime for our daughter, night time for my beautiful wife"

She rolled back her eyes before looking back at the crowded people in front of them. At the far left, she saw Peter was talking to a woman, probably he already met someone he wanted to settle down with. Jungkook had always been cautious with the man because he claimed that Peter is a strong candidate to took her away from him. At the right, she spotted Kim Seokjin talking with some elderly and they seem to like him much. The man has always been positive at everything, wondering how did Jungkook be friends with him. Rosé was already to caught up with the gossiper, so much for flirting with men.

"I want to tell you something"

She looked back to her side, Jungkook had been staring at her all this time. The woman nodded before letting the man lead her outside from the hall and before she knew, they are walking at the streets of London. Independence poster was everywhere, crowds were joyful and even some were singing at everyone they pass by. London has never been happier. The dull and dark city was now replaced with tears of happiness and Haewon was smiling through out their walk. It would be nice if her uncle and Vante could see it, but she was sure they are now happier at another place.

They went to the train station, and it was merrier. Soldiers and medical assistant who was in the warzone was walking down the train, some were waiting for another train to set off to the rural part of Europe. People come and go, but they were all going home. Jungkook than led her to a side where pictures of the deceased and the missing soldier was there. Some were new, some were old and Haewon saw a familiar name, at the bottom on the corner at the wall, a smiling Vante with his mother was there. The boy description was short, but she didn't need to read it how meaningful the boy was for them. He saved her husband because she took care of her mother when he was away.

When the church took her in, Miss Anna told her how calm the woman was, as if the death of her son didn't bothered her. Instead she left them with a word,'even when he and his father isn't here anymore, they are still taking care of me. What will a woman can hope for when she will be loved forever?"

Her words were beautiful, and it bought her to think that if her uncle never did those treason, she wouldn't survive the cold war with nasty men outside there. Probably she won't even get to meet Jungkook. "He's nice, isn't he? He looks handsome in the picture"

She kneeled down to touch the picture, a small smile plastered to her face when Jungkook took her hands in his. She looked to her side, a warm gaze greeted her. "I look handsome too didn't I?"

"Vante has blond locks. I love those more than your black hair"

"In another life, I will dye my hair blond and make girls swoon with it"

She laughed before standing up straight with him, hands still interlock with each other . He then walked them to the back of the station which led them to another part of the city that leads to the bridge. A bridge that connected two banks and it was always busy. The bridge was never harmed during the war and they were lucky it wasn't.

"What are you actually going to tell me?"

"Let's have a sit there, then I'll tell you what is it"

"If it's another deadly mission or a treason, I'm going to cheat on you tonight"

He raised his eyebrows at her remarks, found it adorable how Haewon really hated him being secretive and her trust issue was always trigerred. It was his fault tho, so he need to have her trust again. Their fight in the base before really changed the way he view her wife, and how actually the woman will do anything just to make sure he is still alive and Jaeun is still in her arm.

One of Lee Haejin traits were inherited by her.

"I told you to cheat if only you do find someone more better than me?"

"Your general has been single for too long. He's a perfect candidate"

"No. That's a big no. You can't handle him"

"May I remind you how hard it is to handle you?"

He chuckled before he lead her to sit down at the side of the bridge.  Their legs hanging down, the moon light shine above them. She could see her reflection beneath them, and if they ever fall Haewon might drown because she couldn't swim. "Seokjin won't be able to handle a cry baby like you. I'm the only one who can do that"

She smacked his broad chest loud that even some pedestrian looked them weird. Jungkook laughed at how mad she is with his words and proceed to pull her closer with him. His arm secured her body tightly, eyes never leaving the woman he love so dearly. A woman he might lose if he care too much about his pride. Now, he wanted to make things right and fulfill the promise he made to her and her uncle.

"Remember when I said about leaving this place, and go somewhere far from the war and raised Jaeun there?"

"Of course I do. You were so confident we can actually do that before"

"How about if I say, we can do it now?"

Haewon looked confused when suddenly her expression turned to a shock. Her eyes widen at him, couldn't actually believe the man really wanted to fulfil his promise even when the war has ended. Of course she wanted to, but it will be unfair if he did this only for her satisfaction. Not to mention how Jungkook declined every offer to travel again for the peace agreement because he wanted to stay with her.

Haewon was afraid she was too demanding when she literally had the confidence to lash him out only once. She didn't know she could actually talk back to him like that with pure anger. What if Jungkook was still hurt by his words?

"If we move, then what about you?"

"Your husband is talented in many ways. I can work as a painter or a farmer, or even a chef or a cab driver. Everything Haewon. You don't have to worry about the financial. I have enough for the three of us, and even more if you want to"

She smiled before she speak. "I know you are talented, but you loved your work and your life here. It would be unfair if I was the only one happy to move, but you don't". Her words soften his gaze before he pulled her closer to him, eyes never leaving the dark orbs of hers.

"I have spend half of my life doing my duty as a soldier, let me spend the rest of it with you and our daughter. I know you still had some doubts about my words"

She laughed before cupping his face, her thumb grazed the scar on his left cheek. "Is it that obvious?,"she asked playfully while her orbs intently looked into his, saw how he was enjoying the light touch of her fingers at his skin. The temptation to bring her home right now was getting bigger and Jungkook knew he couldn't stand it anymore. The woman really know how to make him so weak when she literally did nothing. Her playful touch, beautiful smile and the way her laugh could be hear whenever she played with Jaeun was enough to make Jungkook feels warm in the inside.

"Too obvious, and let's go home now. You're making things hard for me"

"But it's still too early?"

"It's never too late, Haewon"

Right after Haewon tucked Jaeun in the crib, her body was turned around swiftly and a pair of strong arms hugged her waist. It was none other that her own husband dark gaze staring at her intently, small smirk on his chaped lips while his body dangerously close to her. He didn't waste any time to hoist her up in his arms securing her thighs while she held her shoulder tightly. She laughed at how impatient he was, and Jungkook smiled.

After closing their door with his leg, he laid her down to the bed with him quickly hovering her. His fingers went to her bun hold by a pin, and pull it away. Her long hair was finally free and Jungkook was mesmerized at how beautiful she is beneath her. He sneaked a hand to her back which she arched to him to give access, and the man slowly unzipped her dress from the back. Their eyes never leaving each other, and their bodies are on fire.

She had a rush of confidence when she loosen his tie and put it away. Then she proceed to unbutton his shirt slowly that he got impatient. He graze her bare back with his fingers, showing that he wanted her to do her job fast. "It's not that we are rushing for something, aren't we?"

"How much would you like to tease me, darling?"

"Until you get tired of doing this anytime you got the chance"

When she finally unbutton the last button at his shirt, he pulled her to sit his lap, her legs straddling his waist and she gasped. With their face dangerously close and his fingers tracing her back with, it was indeed making Haewon feel a tug on her stomach. Not to mention the man was half naked. "Finish what you started. I don't want layers to be stopping me"

She blushed and she slowly push away the fabric from his firm body, revealing the fit torso. His body was fully healed know, but the scars were still there. She traced it with her fingers, making the man groaned.

"Finally, a scar that I don't have to ask where you get it form"

"If you wanted to explore more, let me show you."

"We have plenty of times when we move later, what are you rushing for?"

His eyes were a bit perplexed with her words, when he realized that she accepted his offer to move. He retrieve his hand from her back and cupped her face making the woman looked at him. There was a small smile plastered at her pale pink lips. His big palm when to her neck and pulled her closer till their lips were on each other. He could feel how hard her grip was on her shoulder, and he slowly pulled down the gown and it fell down to her waist, leaving her in her camisole. His thumb touched the scar on hee right shoulder, one she got from saving him and Seokjin.

The kiss slowly trailed to her neck, leaving the woman gasped when his lips marked every inch of her skin. Jungkook was in daze, and her lavender scent was making him crazy in the inside, imagining how her scent will linger all over him tomorrow. He ended his butterflies kisses on her skin at the scar before looking back at her who was crimson red, and pecked her lips several times before giving in a passionate kiss. The moment they parted away, he whispered with their lips grazed with each other,

"You're right, we have plenty of times. And this time,"

"I mean it. Forever."

The letter.

The way everything seems so wrong, but so right.Was it when you promised me you will be back?Or was it the war that you never thought you will come back alive?I longed for you, mourned for you and prayed for you.

How many deaths have you saw before you met me?Because this war will never end, same goes to my love for you. Even with those ugly scars in our soul and body, even if one day you might forget me, my love for you will still be here.

We might lose ourselves in the war, we might be distant because of our own pride, or we might get confused with desperate and love, but we will find each other if that means I have to enter the door of death myself .

If I'm the one who might leave you and our daughter later, take care of her. Her beautiful face have all of your traits, one I will always cry silently when I look at her because I miss you. But I know, we both will survive this, because you promised to come back, and I promise myself to wait.

Remember the dreams we talked about? That we wanted to raise our daughter together, that you wanted wake up with me beside you everyday, that you dream of having a world without war that kills people and hope, ripping off their sanity and happiness. And you want to witnessed it with me and our daughter?

I want that too. With everyone in London. So come home Jungkook. That is my last wish for you. And I want the word 'forever' exist in us.

Come home my dear, and I will love you forever.

Jeon Haewon.

End.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.3K 1K 10
You and Jungkook are in your late thirty's almost forty with two wonderful children. Just when you thought your lives were at peace your son comes te...
559K 39.1K 64
"𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮...𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧..." I was born to lead wars...But he was a battle that I could never...
7.4K 491 24
●COMPLETED● You were the person that I loved for the most of my life. But you just left me in the corner like a crumpled piece of paper that you woul...
5.2K 334 50
"Does your heart only beat for me?" "will you wait for me even when you know I am never yours?" "are you sure? because your eyes are saying somethin...