Sister's Best Friend

By Haranjini

Pinky, a typical Indian mother who desperately wishes to see her 'marriage-aged' son married. Despite waiting... More

Sister's best friend

2.9K 388 205
By Haranjini

“What are you doing choti ma?” Priyanka asked as she walked to Pinky. 

“Your brother doesn't have any plans to bring a daughter in law for me. So I myself decided to find someone for my good for nothing son” Pinky told frowning as she looked between the photos making Priyanka chuckle. 

“Choti ma, haven't you seen my bestie Anika?” Priyanka asked and Pinky nodded. 

“Haan, I have seen her. Such a beautiful girl she is” Pinky told with a smile. 

“Her parents are looking alliances for her. They're a bit conservative so they'll only go for arranged marriages. Choti ma, let's get them both together? So I won't loose my best friend ever” Priyanka told happily and Pinky smiled widely. 

“Tell me her address. We're going to see her right now” Pinky told excited. 

“Yes! Yes! Yes” Priyanka told and off they went hand in hand excited to hitch Anika with Shivaay. 

Jhanvi shook her head seeing that. 

“This Pinky is spoiling her since childhood” Jhanvi told with a frown but smiled and walked away shaking her head. 

“Hmm” Shivaay talked over his phone while holding it between his neck shoulder as he tied his watch. 

“Hmm” He hummed as he walked to Priyanka's room.

“One——Wait! What are you both doing?” He told as he saw Pinky and Priyanka discussing something deeply. 

On seeing him, they moved away startled and gave him fake smiles. 

“Nothing Bhaiyya. Do you want something?”

“Oh yea! Didn't you say you want to go to the bookstore or something? I'm going out. Do you want me to drop you?”

“It's ok Bhaiyya. I told Khannaji to get the book” Priyanka told and he shrugged before walking back. 

“Ok so it's done. I'll bring Anika home tomorrow” Priyanka told excited. 

*

“Prinku” Anika called doubtfully as she walked in and Priyanka who was hiding behind a pillar along with Pinky looked at it smiling. 

“Bhaiyya is coming Bhaiyya is coming” Priyanka whispered to Pinky who nodded while biting her nails. 

Shivaay walked down the stairs and Anika smiled faintly looking at him. 

“Prinku” She asked hesitantly. 

“She might be in her room——Uh—Anika right?” He asked and she nodded. 

“Do you want me to show you her room?” He asked and she contemplated for a while before nodding. 

They walked upstairs with Anika following Shivaay and both Priyanka and Pinky came out of their hiding spot. 

“Where's the oil idiot?” Pinky asked and Priyanka pouted pointing at the oil that was just a step away from the way they both walked. 

“Plan failed!” Pinky told disappointed. 

“Don't worry choti ma. Only plan A failed. There are 25 other plans. Don't be disappointed so soon” Priyanka told determined and Pinky sighed before regaining her excitement. 

“Now let's go meet Anika” Priyanka told and Pinky nodded as they both walked upstairs. 

As Pinky and Priyanka reached the latters' room and looked at Anika who was simply sitting there going through some magazine.

“Ah you came——Uh hi aunty” She told quickly seeing Pinky who smiled. 

“Who showed you the way to my room? Usually you get messed up between left and right turns right?” Priyanka asked. 

“Your brother showed me the way” She told with a smile. 

“Such a sweet person he is. Don't you agree Anika?” Priyanka asked with a wide smile. 

“Ya I guess” Anika told and Priyanka looked at Pinky as both of them exchanged something through their eyes. 

*

That was continued by many ways to get Shivaay and Anika hitched together but all that happened was casual conversations between them. Finally, Pinky decided to go for the easy way, approach Anika's family for a marriage proposal. Before Shivaay could say anything to pinky, he was ushered to Anika's room asking them to 'talk'

“Hi” Anika told. Shivaay slightly saw Priyanka's shawl near the door and frowned. 

“I guess you forgot to take your shawl before going Prinku. I know this is your plan” Shivaay told and Priyanka widened her eyes before coming into view. 

“Sorry Bhaiyya! Talk! I'm going” Priyanka told with wide eyes before running from there. 

Shivaay looked outside properly before walking to Anika. 

“What happened baby?” He whispered and she hugged him tightly as she cried silently in his hold. 

“I feel guilty doing all these” She whispered and he kissed her head as he held her in the circle of his arms. 

“We have no other go baby. In a few months, we won't be able to do anything. If we get married now, we can somehow manage” He whispered and she sniffed. 

“Acha wait” He told separating her from him and went to close the door. Once he did, he walked to her and removed his blazer making her confused. 

Smiling, he took out all the chocolates he had sneakily put in all the secret pockets of the blazer and she smiled widely seeing that. 

“Aap kuch maange aur hum na leke aau, yeh possible hai kya janeman?” He asked in all so filmy way and she chuckled as she took one of the chocolate from the table where he had put it on. 

He emptied all his pockets and by the time, her table was filled with candies and chocolates. 

“Oh my God Shiv! How did you manage to put it all in your pockets?” She asked shocked and he raised his collars with a smirk. 

“You're okay right?”

“Totally fine!” She told with a wide smile and he kissed her temple as he took a deep breath. 

“Let's go then? Otherwise they'll get doubt” He told and she nodded as she quickly ate the Chocolate. 

*

A FEW WEEKS LATER

“Eat a little less. The dress is not fitting you” Her mother complained and she frowned as she munched onto the chocolate. 

After the final touches, her mother looked at her face and put a kaala teeka behind her ear with a teary eyed smile. 

“My daughter grew up so soon. It's your wedding tomorrow” Her mother told caressing her face like every other mother on their daughter's wedding. 

It was their pre-wedding reception night. 

In the party while talking to some aunty, Anika suddenly ran to the washroom feeling bile rush up her throat. Shivaay who saw that, rushed behind her but the damage was already done. The orthodox aunty who saw this started commenting on why women would vomit before marriage and how Anika started gaining weight recently. 

When Shivaay and Anika came back after taking a refreshment, people were already talking to themselves. 

“What happened to Anika?” Her mother asked in hushed voice as she rushed to them. 

“Woh aunty——Acidity. She was feeling suffocated here. Nothing else” Shivaay told quickly and Anika nodded as he said that. 

“Are you sure Shivaay?” Pinky too asked and he nodded. 

“Why are you questioning us like this? There's nothing to worry. She's absolutely fine” Shivaay told confused and both the mothers nodded as they took Anika who turned back and looked at Shivaay once, worriedly. He blinked his eyes and asked her not to worry. 

“Anu, come na. Our friends are here” Priyanka told dragging Anika with her from their mother's vicinity and Shivaay breathed a sigh of relief. 

“Are you alright Anu? Do you want to take rest?”

“I feel like fainting Prinku. I don't think I'll be able to hold on more. My chest is churning. I don't know” She told helplessly once they were out of the sight of everyone and Priyanka thought for sometime. 

“You come. Just give me five minutes. We'll get you to the room okay? Please hold on till that” Priyanka dragging her to where their mothers could see her clearly. Making her stand with some of their common friends and asking her to talk to them, she rushed to where juices were kept. 

Returning back, as casually as possible, she poured the juice on Anika's lehenga and then did an oscar acting of apologising to Anika. After the initial scolding from everyone, Priyanka took her to the room safely, only to be followed by Jhanvi who got some doubt on Priyanka's behaviour. 

“Sit here! I'll somehow send bhaiyya here okay?” She told caressing Anika's cheek and the latter looked at her teary eyed. 

“Thank you for everything Prinku”

“I'm doing all these for my best friend so chup!” Priyanka told kissing Anika's forehead and rushed out while Anika wiped the slight tears that had rolled down her eyes. 

“Why are you troubling me so much baby? After tomorrow, you show all these tantrums. But just for today, please be patient” She talked caressing her stomach and Jhanvi who heard that, looked on shocked. 

Without much adieu, Jhanvi went and whispered it to Pinky who was shocked listening to that. Thinking that Anika was cheating her son, she got enraged and called Anika's mother to Anika's room where she was sleeping on Shivaay's shoulder, tired. 

“What happened Pinkyji? Why did you bring us here?” Anika's mother asked outside the room and Pinky opened the door harshly making Shivaay and Anika startled. 

“Ask your daughter what happened! Is she cheating my son or you all knew everything and is purposefully tricking my son into this marriage?” Pinky asked angrily and Anika looked shocked at her. 

“What are you saying ma?” Anika asked shocked and Pinky looked at her angrily. 

“Don't call me that! You lost the right already. This wedding can't happen and it's my final decision”

“Are you out of your mind mom? You forced me into this marriage and when everything is in this final stage, what foolishness are you speaking?” Shivaay asked out of his wits end and Pinky looked at him with tears. 

“I'm sorry Shivaay. I didn't know that she is this kind of girl. I'm sorry but knowing the truth, I can't allow this” Pinky told and Shivaay turned to look at Anika who had tears rolling down her eyes. 

“What truth mom?”

“Anika is pregnant! Now you say! Do you want to marry her?” Pinky told and Anika's mother looked shocked at her. 

“See Pinkyji, I respect you but that doesn't mean you'll disrespect my daughter like this. We had raised her with good values and she won't ever do this to us” Anika's mother argued back and then turned to look at Anika. 

“Anu, beta tell them this is not true. See how they're insulting you” Her mother and Anika shook her head as tears dripped down her eyes. Her mother looked on shocked as she looked down guiltily. 

“I'm sorry mumma but whatever ma told is true” She told softly and her mother looked at her, lost. 

“Heard what your daughter said? Come Shivaay! Here ends everything” Pinky told holding Shivaay's hand and was about to walk out when he released his hand from Pinky's hold. 

“No mom! Not yet. I can't leave Anika in this situation and come with you”

“Didn't you hear what she said? That she is pregnant and was cheating you all these while”

“She never told that she was cheating me. You all just heard the half truth. That Anika is pregnant. Why don't you all ask her who is the father of that child? No don't ask her. I'll tell you” Shivaay told as calmly as possible and held Anika close to him. 

“She is mine and so is our baby growing in her” Shivaay told dropping a bomb on both their mothers and Jhanvi standing in that room. 

“I'm sorry mom. I had to tell you a lot of lies but I had no other go. I myself was about to introduce Anika to you all once get a job as per her wish but before that——I'm sorry” Shivaay told and Pinky just slapped him hard. 

“How could you Shivaay? You could have at least told this to me. Your happiness was always mine right? Why did you do all this drama. I doubted her, even if for a few minutes, I doubted my daughter's character. Why did you make me do this sin Shivaay?” Pinky asked crying as she sat on the bed while Jhanvi sat beside her, consoling her, feeling guilty for creating such a huge mess. 

“Why?” Anika's mother asked finally as she looked at Anika, tired. 

“I was scared mumma. Papa would never agree for a love marriage. I was scared if you both would ask me to kill my baby. Haan, it happened by mistake but the moment I knew I was pregnant, I started loving my baby. I was scared mumma. I'm sorry” She cried holding Shivaay's shirt tightly in her fist. 

“We're sorry for everything but our intension was not to hurt anyone. Love was a crime according to you all, so we just found this way” Shivaay told joining his palms in front of Anika's mother who shook her head and held Shivaay's palms. 

“At least you didn't abandon my daughter knowing she's pregnant. Thank you for that” Anika's mother told before slowly walking to Pinky. 

“Pinkyji, I'm sorry if my daughter——”

“No Radhaji, you shouldn't ask forgiveness. I did the mistake before enquiring the whole matter. Please forgive me if you can. I thought so low of you all. Sorry for everything” Pinky told with tears before walking to Anika. 

“I'm sorry for hurting you Anu. Please forgive me if you can” Pinky told and Anika shook her head as she wiped Pinky's tears. 

“Please don't hate me ma. I can't bear that” She told teary eyed and Pinky shook her head as she hugged Anika tightly. 

“You didn't do anything wrong Anu” Pinky told caressing her hair. 

“Everything happened this way. Let's forget everything and concentrate on their wedding tomorrow” Jhanvi told and both Pinky and Radha nodded wiping their tears, putting a fake smile on their faces. 

“Take care of her. We'll handle the guests” Pinky told coldly looking at Shivaay who nodded. 

Pinky, Jhanvi and Radha walked out of the room while Anika turned to look at Shivaay.

“I didn't want anything to happen like this Shiv. I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself when I felt like vomiting”

“What are you saying Anika? Do you think I'm such an insensitive person? It's our baby yet you went through everything alone without anyone to help. I never thought you could go on this long hiding this from everyone but still you did. Why are you asking sorry for something you haven't done?” He asked caressing her palm and she hugged him. 

“Just sleep now. You're already tired. I'm just praying that tomorrow's day gets over soon. You'll be dead tired by the time everything gets over so take rest now” He told making her sleep on the bed. 

“Don't go anywhere” She whispered and he nodded as he sat beside her caressing her hair. 

She was sleeping in no time and he kissed her forehead as he covered her with the duvet and moved to sit on the couch. 

*

“You knew everything since beginning right? Why so much drama to me Prinku? Is it because I loved you more than Shivaay since the time you were born? Did I get punishment for that?” Pinky asked broken and Priyanka cried hugging her tightly. 

“I'm sorry choti ma. I had no other way. I love everyone and I just wanted everyone to be happy” Priyanka told with tears and Pinky nodded. 

“When did you know about this?”

“Woh”

“Let's leave then?” Priyanka asked looking at Anika who was finishing her juice slowly. She kept the glass down and rushed to the washroom of the cafeteria holding her mouth as soon as she completed the juice. 

“What happened Anu? Was there something in the juice?” Priyanka asked as she rubbed Anika's back. 

“I think so! I don't feel right Prinku. My chest hurts” Anika told and Priyanka rubbed her back. 

“Let's go to hospital then. Might be the reaction of some stale oil or something. I told you not to gobble up everything like that” Priyanka told and Anika pouted. 

“I was hungry”

“Your hunger is in another level nowadays. Is it all going to your stomach itself? Nothing is to be seen” Priyanka asked jokingly patting Anika's stomach and she chuckled.

“Let's go to hospital anyway. Come” Priyanka told and Anika followed her.

*

“Congrats! You're pregnant” The doctor told smiling on checking Anika's reports making both Anika and Priyanka shocked. 

“WHAT!? There might be a mistake doctor. She's not married. How can she get pregnant?” Priyanka asked and the doctor looked at Anika who's face went pale by each second. 

“When I checked her pulse itself, I knew it but still to make sure, I sent for the blood and urine test. I don't know about your personal matters but please ask your friend and decide before it's too late” The doctor told and Priyanka turned to look at Anika. 

“Anu what is she saying? Tell her that it's a lie. You don't even have a boyfriend. How's it possible? Did someone forcefully——?” Priyanka couldn't even complete it feeling tears roll down her eyes.

“Prinku——I want to meet him——I'll——I'll leave” Anika told panicked before running out of the room leaving Priyanka shocked. 

*

Seeing Anika's fishy behaviour, Priyanka followed Anika only to find herself standing in front of the building she knew more than anyone else. 

Her heart thumping furiously, she walked inside and asked the receptionist about Anika, who told her that she had gone to Shivaay's cabin despite everyone's protest. Priyanka didn't want any other explanation to understand what was happening but still, she walked to Shivaay's cabin praying badly that let it not be what she assumed it to be. 

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU ANIKA?” she heard her brother's shout and things were pretty much clear to her.

Not following any manners, she opened the door of his cabin only to see her brother hugging her supposedly best friend who was crying in his arms. 

“Prinku” Shivaay whispered shocked and Anika parted from him to look at her. 

*

“Bhaiyya” Priyanka told rushing to the room and on seeing Anika sleeping, she silently gestured Shivaay to come out of the room. 

“How did choti ma and mom find out everything?” She asked shocked and he sighed as he told her everything. 

“Oh God!! Is she alright? Already the doctor——Uh——nothing” Priyanka stammered and Shivaay looked at her doubtfully. 

“What did doctor say?”

“It's nothing bhaiyya”

“Prinku tell me” Shivaay told sternly and Priyanka sighed. 

“She's weak bhaiyya. Doctor told her not to take stress. It's bad for both her and the baby”

“Which mahurat were you waiting for to tell this to me?”

“Bhaiyya, she insisted and I had to give in when she started crying. I'm sorry”

“You go now. I'm with her”

“I know you love her and no one can take care of her more than you but still I'm telling you, please take care of her” Priyanka told and Shivaay cupped her cheek as he nodded. 

“I promise” He told and Priyanka nodded before walking away. 

Shivaay looked at her going as his thoughts drifted to the time when Priyanka came to know about him and Anika. 

He was unusually restless that day and his mind kept saying something unpleasant was about to happen. To calm his mind, he thought to call Anika when the door of his cabin opened. He raised his head to see Anika standing there in the most miserable condition he had ever seen her since they met. 

“Shivaay” She whispered as she rushed to him and hugged him tightly, crying in pain. 

“What happened?” He asked shocked as he hugged her back and she cried more. 

“Shiv, I don't know how this happened. We were careful isn't it? How did this happen?” She asked amidst her cries and that was enough for him. Her tears were making him restless and he just shouted at her asking her what's wrong  when his cabin door opened once again. 

His sister and Anika's supposedly best friend stood there looking at them, hurt clearly visible in her eyes and he knew that instant that everything was over. 

“Prinku” He couldn't help but say and Anika parted from him to look at Priyanka, shocked. 

“Prinku” Anika rushed to her but Priyanka kept her palm in front of her. 

“No Anu. Don't explain and spoil it” Priyanka told with tears and Anika burst out crying seeing the way Priyanka looked at her with so much pain. 

“Wow! I thought you were a hero bhaiyya. From childhood, I idolised you but——You just turned out to be a villain! She's an innocent soul and you took advantage of that? When you lied that you love her, she might have given herself to you right? Isn't that what actually happened? You might have forced her isn't it? You're so good in tricking people” Shivaay looked shocked as Priyanka asked him in a calm voice. 

“Like you trick people in business, why did you trick her? What did she do to you bhaiyya?” She asked in tears as she held Shivaay's collars. 

“What nonsense are you saying Prinku? What's wrong? Why is Anika crying?” He asked shocked and Priyanka turned to look at Anika who was looking at her as shocked as Shivaay. 

As if you don't know anything! She's pregnant and naturally in such a situation, an unmarried pregnant woman would come to meet the person who is responsible for that”

“I thought, may be you love her but you were shouting at her while she was trying to find solace in your arms. Why bhaiyya?” Priyanka asked hurt and Shivaay looked at Anika who was looking at Priyanka with wide eyes.

He took Priyanka's arms from him and walked to Anika who was looking at him now. 

“Are you pregnant?” He asked in a voice that held a lot of emotions altogether and she nodded, looking down. 

He raised her chin and made her look at him. 

“Really?” He asked with tears and she nodded. 

“Is that why you were crying?” She shook her head. 

“Then?”

“Mumma and Papa” She told slowly. 

“Did I take advantage of you like Prinku said?” He asked and she shook her head shocked. 

“Prinku, it's not like what you're thinking. He loves me”

“Love? He already had a girlfriend. Long before I introduced you both to each other. Actually since high school. He wouldn't say about her to anyone but I found out once and he made me swear that I won't talk about it to anyone. He doesn't love you Anika. He was just using your innocence” Priyanka told and Shivaay chuckled humourlessly making her confused. 

“Girlfriend huh? So you thought so low about me. Great!” He told clapping his hands and Priyanka looked confused at him. 

“Who do you think was my girlfriend?”

“I don't know. You never told me”

“It's mine and Anika's eleventh anniversary next month” He told making Priyanka shocked out of her wits. 

“WHAT?” She asked shocked and he smiled faintly. 

“This was not how I wanted to introduce her to you. Holding her like this” He held Anika's shoulder and made her stand in front of him “I wanted to tell you, meet your bhabhi. That secret treasure about whom I hid from everyone till now” He told and Priyanka looked at Anika who had her head down. 

“But what to do! Fate had other plans and you had to know it like this. And you're right! I forced her. She was scared but I blackmailed her so lovingly that she had to agree to sleep with me” He told and Anika shook her head looking at Priyanka. 

“He's lying. I swear on the love I have towards him” She told and Priyanka looked at Shivaay who was smiling but that smile held hurt and mock. 

“I was 17 when I proposed her. She was a cute nineth standard kid and I kind of had a crush on her. I didn't want to leave school with any regrets so I just told her about my crush and she took a few days to think but finally accepted my proposal. We just roamed around talking about things. That was our dating. When I completed school, we both thought we'll split up but we just continued it sneakily through phone calls and seeing each other once in a while from far. When she completed school and joined my college so that we can study the rest of the years together, you joined the same college and fortunately or unfortunately, she made you her friend because she told me jokingly that nanand and Bhabhi should be best friends, otherwise who will talk about us to my family” He told and Priyanka looked at Anika who had her eyes casted down. 

“I thought to let it go and hid from you about her again. She started feeling guilty about hiding things from you but I coaxed her to stay quiet saying I'll break the news when it is time but that time never came. I was enjoying all the sneaky games and thanks to your combine study. I got to see her often” Shivaay told with a faint smile. 

“It was wrong in my part to hide things from you despite she being your best friend but all I have to say is sorry. I always thought only about the shock and surprise on your face when I finally introduce Anika to everyone. Never thought you would know things like this, in such a dire situation where your best friend is pregnant with your brother's child” He completed with a sigh and Priyanka sat beside Anika, then poked her arm. 

“I'm angry at you” Priyanka told in a choking voice and Anika turned to look at her. 

“I'm sorry” She whispered and Priyanka hugged her tightly. 

“Forget it! Didn't I always tell you how I wanted my Bhabhi to be my best friend? You could have at least told me then” Priyanka told and Anika sobbed hugging her. 

“Bhaiyya wait” Priyanka told seeing Shivaay walking out. 

He turned to look at her as she walked towards him. 

“You did a big mistake. But I did a bigger mistake than you. When I heard you shouting at her and then when I connected things, I couldn't get any other thought in my mind. I'm sorry bhaiyya”

“It's fine. I don't like her crying. When I asked her multiple times, without replying, she was crying. That is why I shouted” He explained and Priyanka nodded. 

“She's already six weeks pregnant, means almost one and half months. It would be difficult to hide it after a few weeks. You both have to get married as soon as possible. I know about her parents. They'll kill her if they come to know about this” Priyanka told worried and Anika looked at him. 

“Prinku——”

“Bhaiyya everything later. First we need to think of some or the other way to get you both married. I know she wants to be independent before marriage but there's no time. You're anyway settled and choti ma is already hell bent on getting you married”

“So?”

“I'm going to do a huge drama. Just play along okay?” Priyanka told and Anika looked confused at her. 

“Don't worry. I'm with you” Priyanka told holding Anika's palms in hers and the latter looked at her with tears. 

“Arre! Don't cry like this Bhabhi” Priyanka told pinching Anika's nose making both Shivaay and Anika chuckle with tears. 

*

“Ma didn't talk to you after yesterday's incident?” She asked him as she was removing her ornaments and he shook his head. 

“She's angry at me but I know, she'll forgive me soon” He told as he walked to her and hugged her from behind. 

“So finally that's over” He told keeping his arms around her stomach. 

“This wedding is just a formality for everyone to know. We were married on the day we confessed our love. I like to believe it like that” She told with a smile and he pecked her cheek. 

Turning her to him, he bent down and kept his head on her stomach making her smile. 

“You might have felt that I'm not happy about our baby. But trust me Anika, the moment Prinku told you were pregnant, I had mentally become a father. In between the tension of somehow managing everything, I didn't get time to sit with you or do this” He told softly and she smiled. 

“I know Shiv. You don't need to explain” She told caressing his hair. 

“I love you both” He whispered as he kissed her stomach. 

“We'll manage everything right?” She asked and he nodded. 

“When did this happen by the way?” He asked and she shrugged her shoulders, looking away. 

“Last time you came here to stay with Prinku?” He asked and she gave a hit on his head making him chuckle. 

“So then it is” He told only to receive another hit. 

“Look at her! She's physically assaulting your Papa” He told and she chuckled. 

“Yaya, what help is a four month old baby going to do for you? That too the baby didn't even come out” She told and he pouted. 

“When she comes out, you see” He told and she chuckled. 

“Ah how did I forget?”

“What?”

“It's our suhagraat” He told with a cheeky smile and she rolled her eyes. 

“The result of one suhagraat is inside me now. So my baby, sleep quietly” She told frowning and he pouted. 

“We were dating that time. Now we're married” He told with puppy eyes and she shook her head as she got on the bed. 

“Baby” He whined getting on the bed and she hid her smile as she turned to him. 

“Okay one kiss”

“Only one?” He asked blinking his eyes innocently and she sighed. 

“Two”

“Two is such an injustice baby” He told pouting and she frowned. 

“Then nothing! You sleep” She told and was about to turn when he pulled her back. 

“I'll adjust” He told with a sheepish smile and she chuckled before giving him a kiss on his forehead. 

“You promised two”

She raised herself and kissed his cheek. 

“Happy?” She asked and he nodded with an enchanting smile seeing which she hugged him keeping her head on his chest. 

“Did you talk to Prinku and clear things?”

“Hmm she was hurt but I somehow managed to get everything right”

“What about your mom and dad?” He asked and she sighed. 

“Mumma was still hurt but she didn't show it. She didn't even look at my face properly. I never thought she could hide something from Papa but she did. May be for the first time” She told sadly. 

“Papa might be knowing now and he might be really angry at me” She told and he held her palm in his.

“Are you scared?”

“You're with me right? Why should I be scared?” She told smiling and he kissed her head. 

“This wasn't how we planned right?”

“Not everything happen according to our plans and wishes” She told and he sighed. 

“Shiv, if I ask you something... Will you get angry?”

“No! At least not now when I'm supposed to keep you the happiest” He told and she looked at him. 

“If you feel angry, then show it. Don't keep everything to yourself for my sake” She told and he smiled. 

“Fine! What's it that you want to ask me?”

“That night, by mistake, this baby happened. Are you disappointed?” She asked and he shrugged. 

“To be brutally honest, I'm a little disappointed. Not because the baby happened, but because I didn't want our wedding to happen because of any helplessness like this. You were pregnant and we had to get married before people gets to know. I didn't want things to happen like that” She looked at him as he let out a sigh. 

“We had many plans before and after our wedding. I'm just disappointed with myself as I couldn't fulfill any of it. You wanted a destination wedding in the first place. I couldn't fulfill that simple wish of yours because you can't travel and we couldn't say anything to anyone about why you can't travel. You wanted a Catholic wedding along with traditional wedding but you had to give up that dream too because you can't drink wine and there's a ritual after catholic wedding where bride and groom had to drink wine together”

“Even without any of those, I'm happy. Because you're what matters to me more than all these wishes. I feared that mumma and papa would never let our wedding happen but I'm just happy that we got married to each other. Because of our baby, it happened quickly too. Otherwise I would have made you wait till I got a job and by that time, ma might have found someone for you. Life would have been so complicated like some daily soap” He chuckled and she smiled. 

“Other than that, you——”

“Ah! I told you we'll have kids after some five or six years after our marriage isn't it? Is that why you're asking this repeatedly?”

“Shiv, I'll die a thousand deaths if you ever feel that the life growing in me was just a mistake. That is why I'm asking you” She told softly and he sat upright before making her sit on the bed facing him. 

“Nobody is born ready for anything jaan. We just prepare for it. But I promise you one thing! I'll never feel that our baby is a mistake. Do you know why?” She shook her head with tears and he smiled faintly. 

“Because our love is not a mistake. What we have between us is not a mistake. So how can the symbol of that love be a mistake?” He asked and she smiled. 

“Are you tension free now?” He asked wiping her tears and she nodded. 

“Then sleep. You look really tired” He told as he made her lie down on the bed and kissed her forehead. 

“Good night wifey” He told with a smile and she closed her eyes, a small smile lingering on her lips. 

~The End~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fate By v xxxiri v

Short Story

20.6K 1.5K 12
"πš†πš‘πšŽπš— πš πš’πš•πš• πšπš‘πšŽπš’ πšœπšπš˜πš™ πš‘πšŠπšπš’πš—πš πš–πšŽ ?" 𝙰 𝟷𝟻 πš’πšŽπšŠπš› πš˜πš•πš, πš…πš’πšœπš‘πš—πšž πšŠπšœπš”πšŽπš πšŒπš›πš’πš’πš—πš πš‘πš’πšœ πš‘πšŽπšŠπš›πš 𝚘𝚞𝚝. "πš†...
154K 2.6K 68
Just some short stories about my favorite Ninjago couple, Jay and Nya. This book contains canon oneshots. I have a second book called "The Jaya Chro...
459K 1.5K 47
πŸ”žπŸ”žπŸ”ž warning sex!! you can cancel if you don't like it.This is only for the guys who have sensitive desire in sex.πŸ”žπŸ”ž
11K 893 21
YUH EX MAN BRUK YUH HEART ND YUH NUH SEE HIM FI YEARS! JUS LEAN PON ME SHOULDER, MI EASE YUH TEARSπŸ₯Ή. NEW TO THIS WRITING THING SO BARE WITH MEπŸ™πŸ½οΏ½...