King of hearts • d.sc

By lets_w1nw1n

"All I wanted was to lift the storm that raged in your heart." In which Winwin gets tangled up in the heart o... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
:)

13

1.6K 113 17
By lets_w1nw1n

happy lucas day^^

📖
———

Endlessly typing up notes onto her laptop, Haneul tried her best to keep up with Professor Lee's quick pace. She wasn't struggling alone, everyone else in her class frantically clicking at their keyboards, evident looks of stress plastered on each one of their faces. She had her phone on record so that she could listen to it again later, but everyone knows there's no way they could simply study off a recording of Professor Lee's lectures. Keeping her focus between her professor and the screen, an email notification popped up on the side. Haneul simply ignored it, knowing there's no way she can afford getting distracted. As she continued another popped up, making Haneul regret not turning them off. She took a glance at the notification in annoyance, reading what it had to say.

CEO Bang Seori

Hey Haneul!
Hope you're having a good day cause it's about to get ruined. I thought that you might want to see this...

Knitting her eyebrows together, she clicked to see more notifications.

Bang Sungbin

I'm not sure if Seori has sent this article to you but you should probably see it. Please talk to us if you need anything. I know all you want is to run away and since I'm a med student I can come up with a realistic way to fake your death.

Immediately clicking onto their emails, she realised that both of them lead to the same article. "A PRINCESS RETURNS", the title read in bold, making her gulp down a worried feeling. Forgetting about her lecture, she took a deep breath, clicking onto the site.

A PRINCESS RETURNS : Park Haneul's return to the world of the bourgeoise.

Haneul let out a snort. She hadn't seen an article written about her in years. She hates it, though she couldn't help but be impressed by the fact that they actually did, their choice of words as cringeworthy as always. Scrolling down the page, she continued reading.

After almost three years of absence, Park Haneul has made a comeback to the world of the rich. As the only child of Park Hanyoung, CEO and founder of Han Peak Investments and award-winning actress Baek Eun-jung, there's no doubt she was born to be a royal. But it seems her pompous upbringing and luxurious lifestyle was not enough for young Haneul, which lead to the heiress running away from her home in the prestigous suburbs of Gangnam. Though the act of running away should have her title of a Chaebol revoked, there has been no information given on who will be the one to inherit the multi-million dollar investment company.

It is unsure of what Haneul had done in whilst she was away, but it didn't take long for her to come running back. Last Friday, Haneul was spotted at the Gushiken residence for the annual Gushiken charity event (picture above showing Haneul with CEO Bang Seori and her brother Bang Sungbin at the event). Haneul has grew humble over the years, as she arrived at the party in a 82000 dress. Despite so, she still looked, as her name suggests, heavenly. The girl could easily make it anywhere simply with her looks. But she must have been unsuccessful in her chosen field, as she is now back here. It is difficult for those born rich to live poor, and Haneul must not have realised that until now. The reason for her reappearance could be because of money, but another popular theory is that she had simply missed her prince. Gushiken Ryu has become a household name these days, being the #3 richest under 25 year old in the country as well as being the Chaebol to Korea and Japan's biggest tech company, he has both money and looks, so it's no wonder Haneul is infatuated by him. They were often seen together before Haneul ran away, and it was rumoured that the two were dating. The two royals would truly make a powerful couple.
No one really knows why Haneul had left, or why she came back. But we will just have to wait and see what is instore for our returning princess.

Related articles:

Son of the CEO of Naver at the Gushiken charity event!

Richest under 25 year olds in Korea (updated!)

Haneul's mouth fell open as she was left speechless by the article. She couldn't quite believe that it even existed. This is why she always tried to avoid the media, seeing what it did to her mother. She isn't worried about the article going viral, knowing that no one could care less about her. But what bothered her was the over content of the article. It pained her in a light she didn't want to be seen at in at all. The condescending way they talked about her, the lies. They obviously don't like her, and they wanted others to think the same way. As if she is simply a rich kid who only cares about money. She hated it so much. In frustration, she slams her laptop shut, surprising the busy students next to her.

Faking my death seems like the only good option at this point.

-------

Haneul pulled up in front of Yoonbin's house. She was going to be staying there for a night or two, at least until she's able to get the article out of her mind. He had no problem with it, the only thing he asked for was some drinks, which Haneul had completely forgotten. She decided to walk to the closest convenience store, taking a night stroll should be relaxing, but as a woman Haneul often gets paranoid. Luckily it was a Monday night, which gave Haneul some peace of mind, knowing people don't often go out drinking at these times.

She pulled her jacket tighter around her as she walked out of the store, plastic bag in hand. She got herself bottled coffee, knowing she'll have to stay up listening and going over Professor Lee's lecture since she had missed a large chunk of it. She walked a different way than the one she had came, this one passed Binnie Cha, which gives a nice view of the river that reflected the stunning city lights. There was no one in the empty street. Other than a figure sitting at a bench, staring into the river. A single dim street lamp hanging over his head, adding a spark to his glazed eyes. She knew very well who it was, she also knew he wouldn't want to see her, which is why she made her way towards the bench, taking a seat beside him. At first he gave her a surprised look, but as he realised who it was he eased back into his blank expression, turning his attention to the river once more. She looked at his side profile, taking in the way he watched the moon in the face of the water. As if he was searching for something within it.

"Will a picture stop you from staring?" He remarked, his eyes still locked on the water. Haneul smirked, not stopping.

"Does it bother you, soulmate?" She teased lightly, which seemed to get his attention as he's now looking at her with a raised brow.

"Don't call me that. I'd rather you stare at me than say that." He shook his head in disapproval.

"Oh okay." She respected that, it felt weird to say anyways. "So how was your day?"

"Fine until I saw you." He answered, Haneul letting out a scoff.

"You know, I kind of had some expectations from you after I realised you were my soulmate. You aren't as nice as I thought you would be."

"Yeah well you're just as annoying as I expected you to be." He snapped back, crossing his arms across his chest, in both defense and to conserve whatever warmth his body has. He was wearing a t-shirt and a thin zip up over, not enough to keep warm in the night temperature.

"Wow what a comeback." She commented as she pulled her jacket off, passing it to him. He looked between her and the jacket sceptically before shaking his head, denying the offer. "You're cold. Just take it. You can't risk getting sick, I heard you have a concert or something coming up." She said before he paused, considering it. Reluctantly, he took it, wrapping it around himself as he sighs at the sudden warmth the jacket offers. He fit it, which isn't exactly a surprise as Haneul had bought an oversized one with the purpose of it feeling like a hug. She looked tiny in it, but it fit him perfectly.

"Thanks." He mumbled. "I'm guessing you haven't had the best day." He brought up, sticking his chin out to the bag filled with soju bottles in her hand.

"Well I haven't, but these drinks are actually for a friend, he's letting me stay over at his place tonight." She explained, tucking the bag away slightly. Winwin nodded before looking back at the water.

"I knew you didn't live around here, so I guess that explains why you're here." He said.

"Why are you here?" She wondered. He blinked at the question, it was something he had to think about. But Haneul wasn't sure if the reason he had to think about it was because he had to come up with a good lie to tell her.

"The night is a good time to be alone." He said finally. It was obviously a hint for her to leave, which Haneul wasn't planning to take.

"I disagree. I just think night is the only time you allow yourself to be lonely." Haneul replied, looking at the same moon he was. The one that painted itself onto the water. Winwin didn't say anything, letting his mind ponder on about what she had just said. "I don't like it. Being lonely. It's almost like your thoughts eat at you constantly without giving you a break. Like everything is so loud but quiet at the same time." She continued as Winwin turned to look at her.

"Why are you telling me this?" He asked quietly as they locked eyes. It was genuine curiosity in his tone, one filled with wonder.

"Well I figured that at least one of us should be honest." She answered. Her own words shocking her. Haneul and honesty doesn't mix that well, she's constantly lying to those around her. Never one to talk about her personal feelings to even her close friends. But somehow, she feels the need to tell him everything. It was as if she had just found something she could be scared of. She pulled her eyes away from his, standing up abruptly, figuring that she should leave before she says something he doesn't need to know yet. "I should get going." She announced.

"Yeah sure." He turned his head the other way, awkward from the sudden eye contact.

"I'll see you...I don't know when but I will." She said before receiving an aggressive nod from him him. She gave him a wave before turning the other way, making her way back to Yoonbin's house, leaving Winwin on the bench with her jacket.

------

"Can I tell Rushi you found your soulmate." Kun asked with a smile the moment Winwin stepped into their dorm.

"What? No of course not." He shook his head as he took off Haneul's jacket, placing it onto a nearby coat hanger.

"Ah I was worried you weren't wearing a jacket when you left." Kun commented. "Anyways, I tell her everything."

"That's not my problem." Winwin said back, walking towards the kitchen as Kun followed close by.

"Well she said that the girl's are going to watch the nct beyond live concert together next week, and I thought your soulmate might wanna join too." Kun explained as Winwin furrowed his brows, taking a drink from the fridge as he poured it into a cup.

"I can assure you she has no interest, and you're forgetting that I don't care about the soulmate stuff at the moment." Winwin said after swallowing the cool drink.

"I just don't think that'll last."

"I don't want anything to do with her, and she's too busy flirting with other guys and sleeping over at their houses anyways." He doesn't understand why she leads Yangyang on, and the only reason it annoys him is that it effects him, since Yangyang will continue to invite her to game night and talk about her until she turns him down. Even though he doesn't care what Haneul does, he doesn't think she should be sleeping over at guys houses, even if they are her friends.

"Sicheng is jealous~" Kun chimed causing Winwin to roll his eyes. "So you've met up with her since the night you bonded?"

"Not on purpose." Winwin sighed as he leaned into the counter, thinking about how they have met up accidentally too many times. Game night was the only time they've met actually knowing they were going to see each other.

"What's she like?" Kun asked curiously as Winwin let out a small chuckle.

"Think of Haneul." Winwin suggested.

"Hmm is she like Haneul?"

"She is Haneul." Winwin confessed casually. Kun stood up straight, pulling his head back in surprise. He doesn't see a point from hiding it from Kun, he already knows a lot more than everyone else.

"Really?!" He exclaimed a smile growing on his face. Winwin nodded slowly, looking over at the guy who was overly excited about it. "And you're just telling me this now?!"

"Hey at least I'm not like Renjun." Winwin defends.

"True." Kun agreed. "But I'm so happy for you!"

"Uhh I'm not, as cool as Haneul may seem she's still going to be a nuisance." Winwin said. He does think Haneul is a pretty cool person, he just doesn't like the fact that he's destined to be with someone, and that someone happened to be her. "If you see me acting like a douche in front of her, you did not."

"I'll call you out if it gets out of hand." Kun assured. As Winwin shrugged, it wouldn't seem realistic if he didn't. "I'm just glad it's someone we'll be inviting to game night, it means you guys won't go through the horrible soulmate distance thing since you'll be seeing each other often."

"I have no idea what you're talking to but okay." Winwin commented. "Don't tell anyone else okay, especially Rushi."

"I won't, she'll figure it on her own anyways." Kun let out a laugh. "Wait but what are you going to do about Yangyang?"

"What about me?"

i'm really tempted to do a double update but i literally have work training tomorrow so i can't stay up late.

this chapter is literally 2.4 k words but i guess it makes sense since literally half of it is an article lol.

uhh anyways hope you liked the chapter!! have a great day!!!💕💕 don't forget to vote and comment :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 11.1K 18
"i just wanted to be pretty" nct yuta + winwin [started : 23/7/18] [finished : 13/9/18] [edit started : 24/4/19] [edit finished : 14/6/19] © lavende...
286K 5.9K 31
!𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐊𝐒, 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐈𝐒 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐃 Ꮠ꩜ʾ 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘳...
27.8K 1.4K 75
~* ιт's α cяυεℓ gαмε , ι cαη ησт ℓσsε * . . . . . . . 🔂Editing _ 8/75 ✏️ 【 Disclaimer: Please remember that this is a work...
31.8K 897 49
yangyang _x2 requested to follow you yangyang_x2 started following you yangyang_x2 wants to sent you a message Approved 3 new messages