Claws and Lightning (Male Zer...

By StormBreaker2k1

(Y/N) Zeraora. Born with traits and characteristics of a tiger and electrokinetic powers. His origins are unk... More

(Y/N) Zeraora
Prologue: The Cub's New Pack
[Season 1] CH 1:Lightning , Explosions and Spirit
CH 2:A New found Spark
CH 3:The Tiger's First Hunting Ground
CH 4: New Territory, New Rules
(Y/N) Zeraora (Updated)
CH 5: Battle Trials, Thunder Races
CH 6: Class Representative? Not Happening
CH 7: USJ Part 1: Handling Disasters
[Season 2] CH 9: Recovery, Secrets and War
CH 10: Sports Festival Part 1: Striking Words, Striking Tiger
CH 11: Sports Festival Part 2: Survival of the Fittest and the Fiercest
CH 12: Sports Festival Part 3: All Out Brawls, The Queen of Evolution
CH 13: Sports Festival Part 4: The Battle Intensifies, Conflicting Forces
CH 14: Sports Festival Part 5: No More Games, No More Mercy
CH 15: Beast vs Mutant, Electrokinesis vs Psychokinesis
Deoxys: The Otherworldly Nomu
CH 16: Room for Improvement and An Unsettling Future
CH 17: Either Work Together or Fall Apart
MHA: Two Heroes Part 1: An Invitation to I-Island, Nostalgic Visions

CH 8: USJ Part 2: Roar of the Thunder Beast

5.5K 101 111
By StormBreaker2k1

Previously on Claws and Lightning...

Class 1A's rescue training in UA's Unforeseen Simulation Joint turned into a life of death situation, due sudden appearance of a group of criminals who called themselves, "The League of Villains".

Aizawa commanded Thirteen to protect the students as he fends off the villains himself until backup arrives. However, the students and Thirteen were intercepted by black and purple amorphous figure and many were scattered across the various zones of the USJ.

Zeraora was able to subdue the villains who outnumbered him, and after interrogating one who was still conscious but unable to move, he rushed back to the main area.

After swiftly saving three of his classmates and teacher from what would have been certain death, The young tiger now faces the grotesque mutant called Nomu and the ringleader Shigaraki. Options are limited with numerous outcomes.

*COUGH COUGH*

"That brat. He was able to move so fast that I couldn't even notice him". Shigaraki clutching his chest from Zeraora's attack.

"Zerachan?! When did you get here?!" Midoriya questioned. Zeraora didn't respond, instead he focused his gaze on the monstrosity and the puppet master.

'You three, take Aizawa and get out of here. I'll handle this'. He calmly spoke while his classmates quickly turned to him, with extreme shock present on their faces.

"HUH"?! Mineta shrieks.

"Kero"?! Tsuyu lets out a shocked ribbit. 

"WHAT?! Zerachan you can't! That monster was able to withstand One F-... uuuhhh, one of my punches and didn't even flinch. Your Plasma Surge won't be enough to take it out-

'Shut... Up'. Growing annoyed, Zeraora silences Midoriya paying no mind to him voicing his concerns.

'In case you haven't realized Midoriya, your obnoxious pessimism isn't helping anyone. Unless you have a better idea on how to deal with our current dilemma then let me hear it'.

Midoriya pauses for a moment.

'There, see you got nothing. None of you will be handle that monster and the creep with the hand fetish. And with Aizawa out of commission, I'm the only one here who can at the very least hold them back'.  

"Bu-but". Midoriya stammers.

'No objections Midoriya! You three are taking Aizawa and leaving the USJ, and whatever happens, do not turn back for me'!

'This isn't a request and I'm not speaking to you as your classmate'.  

'This is an order. An order from your Class Deputy'!

Midoriya was at a loss for words. Unable to concoct an adequate alternative suggestion for the situation. 

"Midoriya-kun let's go". Tsuyu speaks up.

"But Asui".

"He's right, we can't fight that thing and we're only going to hold back Zeraora-chan".

"Remember what Thirteen said saving people is a hero's priority".

Midoriya quickly thinks over the situation then assist Asui in carrying Aizawa out of the USJ with Mineta following after wiping off the beads of sweat from his face.

Along the way Midoriya has a brief flashback to when Zeraora saved him and Bakugo from the sludge villain before All Might stepped in. He needed to come to terms that Zeraora is more capable then he realizes.

As the trio leaves the area, Shigaraki who was still relapsing from Zeraora's attack looks on as the young tiger maintains his current placement.

"You really think that you can take on Nomu by yourself"? He questions while laughing slightly.

"His Shock Absorption is capable of withstanding blows from the number one hero himself, he was made for the sole purpose of killing All Might. A bioengineered force of terror, the Anti Symbol of Peace"!

Shigaraki excessively hyping up Nomu's power and abilities made it very clear to Zeraora that he was not only overconfident but also extremely childish. Regardless, he needed to keep his guard up. Seeing as these two were able to overwhelm an experienced and skilled pro like Aizawa.  

Zeraroa grips his beam saber and electricity begins to crackle from it.

'Thunder Fangs: Lightning Flash' 

Zeraora unleashes a crescent-shaped slash towards Shigaraki. Being unable to dodge Shigaraki had Nomu quickly step in to tank and absorb the attack.

'Well, despite it's hulking frame, that thing can move pretty quickly'. Zeraora assess. 

"That attack could've killed me. Not only that you attacked knowing that I still couldn't move. Aren't you supposed a student aspiring to be a hero. Well that isn't not very hero-like..." Shigaraki was interrupted when Zeraora suddenly appeared to his side, his beam saber crackling as he aims for a direct slash onto the ringleader.

However, in that same instant, Nomu quickly steps in and guards its master from the attack with  its right arm. Then with its free hand it throws a punch at Zeraora, but with his incredible reaction and reflexes, he narrowly avoids the attack and quickly jumps away from the two. Shigaraki looks on seemingly impressed but also concerned, with Zeraora noticing the latter.

"Well I'll give credit tiger boy, you're pretty impressive for a brat training to be hero. However at your level, you can't beat Nomu with just speed". Shigaraki smiles proudly to himself acting as if he knows Zeraora's full abilities.

Zeraora almost felt insulted by Shigaraki's claims, but then he similes to himself.

'You really think speed is all I got'? Zeraora speaks up, and Shigaraki raises an eyebrow in confusion.

'Then you really are an amateur'. Zeraora's earlier assaults wasn't meant for Shigaraki. They were to test Nomu's physical capabilities and its Shock Absorption.

Having gained enough insight, Zeraora now believed that it was time that actually fought seriously. And since Nomu isn't human, he can strike to kill if needed.

Lightning began radiating from his body with his costume helping in containing the energy to maintain maximum effect. With blinding speed he rushes towards Nomu, both beam sabers activated aiming for an overhead slash. Nomu defends and attempts to throw counterattack however, the electricity from Zeraora's attack momentarily stunned it prevented from moving immediately, due to a slight delay in movement from it requiring to use its quirk to absorb the shock from his attack. A delay that Zeraora, with his speed, reaction and reflexes, is more than capable of capitalizing on.  

In that same instant Zeraora sheathes his sabers and followed up with a point-blank plasma fist. The force of the attack was enough to send Nomu flying backwards, much to Shigaraki shock and dismay.

"This can't be happening! This brat is pushing back Nomu?! NO NO NO, this can't be possible this shouldn't be possible"! Shigaraki starts scratching himself frantically while also internally panicking. 

Zeraora runs in aiming for a direct cross-slash onto Nomu however...

*GASP*

A portal, the same kind as the one from which the villains appeared, suddenly emerged in front of him. Forcing him to halt his charge and quickly jump away.

"It would seem that we have greatly underestimated your abilities. I didn't expect that there would be a student who could actually fight Nomu". Kurogiri says appearing before Zeraora.

"Kurogiri, Nomu... Kill this kid. He can't be allowed to live past this day". Shigaraki commands bearing a much more sinister gaze and aura.

'That doesn't look good. He went from some childish amateur to a straight psychopath. Guess that means he actually considers me a threat'. Zeraora thinks to himself.

"With pleasure". Kurogiri responds with glee, and Nomu lets out a bellowing roar, as it charged at Zeraora with greater speed than it previously displayed.

It leaps into the air and slams both hands toward Zeraora, however he evades its attack causing it to impact the ground creating a large crater.

'It caused that much damage just from physical strength?! It's no wonder Aizawa got heavily injured by this thing.' While Zeraora was witnessing the results of Nomu's strength Kurogiri appeared behind him creating a portal with Nomu's fist emerging from it.

Zeraora let out a pained growl as the attack caused him to briefly stagger, but then Nomu quickly wrap its arms around him, griping him in a vice-like bearhug, and proceeded to squeeze the life out of him. A pained roar/scream echoes through the USJ catching the ears of Midoriya, Tsuyu and Mineta.

"Kero! What was that"? Tsuyu questioned first.

"Maybe Zeraora took down that monster"! Mineta responds seemingly excited.

"No". Midoriya objects. For a moment he could vaguely hear Zeraora's voice from that roar.

"That was Zerachan"! Midoriya turns and runs back but Asui stops him.

"Wait Midoriya-Kun! You can't go back!"

"But he needs our help"!

"Our class deputy gave us a direct order, he told us not turn back regardless of what happens". Tsuyu reminds him.

Midoriya tightens his fist and thinks to himself as past words echoes in his mind.

"YOU'RE JUST A QUIRKLESS LOSER"! Said Bakugo.

"You're worthless if you can only throw a single punch and break down". Said Aizawa.

"Young Man, you too can be a Hero". Said All Might.

And there's also what Zeraora once told him.

"If you want to be a hero, then don't lose that spirit". Said Zeraora.

Midoriya looks back at Tsuyu and Mineta with his mind made up. He turns and runs back to the fight without hesitation.

"MIDORIYA, WAIT!!" Tsuyu and Mineta called out to him, but it was no use.

Back with Zeraora

Zeraora struggles to break loose from Nomu's grasp, however its physical strength exceeds his own. He even attempts to envelop his entire body in electricity, but even then Nomu absorbs the discharge and firmly maintains its grip. Seeing that his opponent has been subdued Shigaraki steps up to deliver the killing blow.

"You had me worried for moment. I'll attempt it, you are pretty strong so to make you don't become a nuisance later, I'll kill you myself". Shigaraki slowly brings his hand to Zeraora's face ready to disintegrate him.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM". Midoriya screams out catching their attention.

"Kurogiri". Shigaraki calls Kurogiri and intercepts Midoriya, but then...

"OUTTA MY WAY DEKU"! Bakugo lunges toward Kurogiri and fired an explosion at the amourous villain causing him to back off. Having caught a glimpse of Kurogiri's metal vest Bakugo aimed his attack to it and managed to subdue the villain.

"Kurogiri"! With Shigaraki distracted Zeraora, using the electromagnets on his palms calls his beam saber to his hand. Shigaraki noticed this and jumped away. With his beam saber in hand Zeraora channeled his electricity through the saber further enhancing its power and stabs Nomu in the abdomen, causing the beast to release its grip on him.

"No". Shigaraki muttered to himself when from these chain of events, Kirishima appears and attacks him, only for his attack to be evaded. 

"Darn. I couldn't get him". Kirishima said to himself and returned to Bakugo's side.

"Try anything funny and I'm gonna blast you so bad the pros will retrieving you in pieces". Bakugo threated with a malicious grin.

"Bro that's not very hero-like". Kirishima jokingly commented, but then he noticed Zeraora and his injuries. 

"Whoa! Hey, Zeraora you alright man". He questioned with concern.

Zeraora gave no answer as he was panting trying the catch his breath. He looks towards Nomu seeing his saber still imbedded in its abdomen. After finally composing himself he rushed towards the beast faster than Kirishima could register and gripped his saber. With a mighty roar he swiftly bisected the abomination from the waist down, and Nomu falls. 

Kirishima having witnessed this runs to inquiry Zeraora on his action.

"Dude that was crazy! How did you do that?! Was that your quirk?!" Kirishima barrages Zeraora with questions as he walks away, but didn't answer them, his injuries were slowly catching up with him.

Seeing what has transpired Shigaraki lunges toward Zeraora, the intent to kill made clearly visible, but he was intercepted by a sudden wave of ice.

"Looks like I got here in time". Todoroki calmly spoke exhaling cold air. 

"The villains mentioned something about killing All Might". He reminds himself as looks about and noticed the mutants bisected body.

"Who or what could've done that"? He questioned to himself, as he noticed Zeraora seemingly out of breath with one of sabers in his right hand. 

"Zeraora did that"? He thought to himself breaking his usually calm demeanor.

"Zerachan"! Midoriya called out breaking Todoroki from his train of thought.

"You okay, you alright"?! Midoriya asked, the concern in his voice made apparent.

Zeraora looks up at the green-haired boy, annoyance present in his gaze.

*Cough Cough*

'I thought I...'

*Cough Cough*

He struggles to stand straight.

'I thought, I told you...' 

'Not, to turn back for me'! His words made Midoriya and Kirishima flinch for a moment.

"I, I". Midoriya attempts to respond but Zeraora cuts him off.

'Whatever.' Zeraora gathers his bearings and gets back up on his feet. His electricity looking dim.

'The big threat is out of the way, and Bakugo has their escape cut off'.

'All that's left is you'. He says as he turns and points to Shigaraki.

Shigaraki looking on, seeing Kurogiri subdued and himself outnumbered. Frustration grows within him.

'Your get-out-of-jail free-card is pinned down and your so called Anti Symbol of Peace is dead. This is your last chance to surrender'. Zeraora speaks out the hopelessness of the ringleader's situation, but notices a simile slowly crawling onto Shigaraki's face.

"HEHEHEHEHEHEHEH".

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"! Out of nowhere. Shigaraki begins laughing maniacally Zeraora and company were unable to discern the meaning behind it.

"What's so funny"? Todoroki questions.

Shigaraki looks to the heterochromatic male then back to the young tiger.

"You really think you've won do you"? His question confused the group unsure of it he's hinting at.

When suddenly Zeraora's senses began acting up and caught glimpse of the worst possible sight.

Nomu, whom he was certain that slayed, began Regenerating.

"What"! Midoriya said with fear.

"No way". Kirishima said utterly dumbfound.

Bakugo and Todoroki gave off worrying and shocked looks.

'Regeneration?! You said its quirk was Shock Absorption'?! Zeraora yelled out.

"Yes I did. But, I never said, that was all he could do". He responded with a grin so malicious, so sinister, it was as if you were staring down the devil.

Zeraora attempts to ready himself to attack but his injuries resurfaced, making it so that even trying to use his quirk started to injure.

Todoroki launched another wave of ice trapping the monster by legs restricting its movement. But, it simply tore off its own legs and quickly had them restored.

"Nomu, free Kurogiri". Responding to its master command, turned its gaze to Bakugo. Zeraora eyes widen as his body had begun moving instinctually.

As if time has halted, Zeraora and Nomu began racing towards Bakugo . Having reached him first, Zeraora was able to narrowly push Bakugo out of the way of the attack. 

Unfortunately...

*CRASH*

He had no time, to save himself.

"ZERACHAN"!! Midoriya cried out for his friend as the force of the attack caused Zeraora's body to brutally impact the ground. Rendering the young tiger unconscious.

"YOU BASTARD". Bakugo yelled out enraged, as he, Kirishima and Todoroki engaged the villains. Midoriya was left to panic.

"What do we do?! What do we do?! That thing took a punch from One for All and didn't flinch. Even after all the work Zerachan put, it can still keep going. We can't defeat it". Midoriya was lost in thought, couldn't think of any possible means to escape from the situation.

Meanwhile with Zeraora

Everything is dark and cold, Zeraora's mind was slipping, his consciousness fading, it almost felt as if Death had him in his grip. Or so it seemed, his heard a vague sound. It wasn't human, it was a roar. A roar accompanied by...

Thunder

Back to the Fight

Bakugo and company's assault proved useless against Nomu. Either the force of their attacks were absorbed, or the monster would simply regenerate, undoing any damage done. 

The trio nearly out of breath while Nomu was virtually untouched.

"It's shame All Might isn't here to see his precious students stuffer. I wonder how much his spirit will be broken when he sees your broken bodies". Shigaraki speaks as if victory has been achieved.

"SHUT UP, YOU DAMNNED BASTARD".

*PANT PANT*

"I'M JUST GETTING WARMED UP". Bakugo attempts to put on a confident face, but Shigaraki sees through his façade.

"Whatever, it's time to wipe the slate clean".

"Nomu..." 

"Finish Them"! The grotesque mutant charged with muderous intent as the trio stood their guard ready to fight back. But then...

Nomu was struck by powerful thunderbolt and sends the beast recoiling.

Midoriya and company stared wide eyed as they looked behind them to find...

"ZERA-   chan" Midoriya's excitement turned to confusion.

Zeraora's body was up but he wasn't the same. Electricity violently flared from his body, his claws were sharp enough to cleave metal like paper. And his eyes... 

Were glowing, pupil-less and yet Piercing.

Like a...

Beast.

"HAHAHAHAHA! You are one stubborn brat"! Shigaraki broke the silence.

"Back up for more aren't you?! Well that's fine Nomu still has more to throw at you"!

...

...

...

No response.

Zeraora turned his gaze to the ringleader, no reaction.

Then seconds later... 

(Play at time 0:16.)

He unleashed a blood-curdling roar. Shigaraki lost his cocky grin as he finds himself stepping back...

Out of Fear.

"NOMU KILL THAT BRAT! KILL HIM DEAD"! Shigaraki commanded visible terrified.

Nomu raises once again and stares down its opponent.

The two fix their gaze on each other, and with inhuman speed...

They Clash.

*CRASH*

Their collision sends thunderous shockwaves across the facility causing all within the vicinity to fly back. The two exchange an endless barrage blows from one point of the USJ to another. Zeraora savagely tore off one of Nomu's arm, it swats him away and grows its arm back continuing the assault. 

Midoriya and company could do nothing but watch with gaping mouths. Zeraora kicks Nomu into the and follows by him ruthlessly slashing Nomu blood pores uncontrollably. Nomu's Shock Absorption cannot keep up with Zeraora's endless strikes. Its regeneration is only stalling its movements.

Nomu can no longer up with the unyielding Thunder Beast. Zeraora grabs both beam sabers and stabs Nomu into the ground, pining it down and stands meters in front of it. Lightning gathers from the atmosphere, as he focuses all of the energy into a single point. 

  (Keep this clip muted while having the Ash-Greninja Theme play over it.)

Nomu cannot move, Shigaraki and Kurogiri cannot intervene and Midoriya and company, cannot believe what they're witnessing.

Having compressed all the energy, Zeraora, with a single, merciless roar

Fired...

" THE GIGAVOLT HAVOC".

The explosive energy was so immense, so violent, it completely overloaded Nomu's body. Plumes of dust rose obscuring the onlookers view.

Seconds later, the dust cleared and Nomu's body lays flat on the ground, lifeless. With Zeraora left standing.

Shigaraki couldn't comprehend the event, he stood there in utter fear, shaking uncontrollably. Which only worsened when the thunder beast turned to his direction.

When Zeraora turned to his direction and slowly walk to him, endless beads of sweat began poring from Shigaraki. He found himself, trapped, unable to move. There was no confidence, no cockiness, no malevolent intent, there was only Fear in his eyes. Like helpless Prey cornered by its Predator.

Zeraora was about to lunge towards the now, psychologically paralyzed villain,

But...

'Ugh' *THUD*

His injuries, overuse with his quirk, and the adrenaline rush, all of their effects at once and Zeraora falls.

Silence overtakes area until...

"You, you, you. You cheated! this isn't what was supposed to happen!! You You You YYYYYYOOOOUUUUU"!!! Shigaraki breaks the silence and runs to Zeraora's unconscious body aiming to kill, but Bakugo having broken himself from the trance intercepts him.

"Shigaraki we must leave! The plan is a failure. Nomu has been defeated and reinforcements are soon to appear." Kurogiri advises and Shigaraki, begrugdingly agrees.

"HOLD IT! YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE". Bakugo and Kirishima rushes to stop them, however they have already disappeared.

They all look back to Zeraora whose appearance a darkened.

Silence once again overtook the area, when suddenly the entrance to the USJ slammed open.

"I AM HERE, TO-" All Might announcing himself was cut short, when he looked around." What on earth happened here.

Time Skip

Iida had successfully brought the UA staff to the USJ, cleared out any remaining villains and all students were brought out of the facility.

Aizawa, Thirteen and Zeraora were placed in an ambulance and taken away to recover. Many of the students and staff were quite shocked at Zeraora's state. 

Moments later multiple police and Detective Tsukauchi had just finished questioning everyone on today's events, with the sun beginning to set.

"That should clear things up, I'm glad to know most of made it out unharmed". Tsukauchi said.

"Excuse me sir what about Thirteen and Aizawa"? Ashido asked worringly.

"Recovery girl has seen them both, she told us that they estimated to make a full recovery". He respond.

Uraraka and Ashido gives off a sigh of relief.

"Wait sir!" Tsuyu catching the detective's attention.

"What about Zeraora-chan".

"Zeraora... well, I'm not sure". His answer prompted a few gasps from the students.

"His injuries are rather severe and I heard that he's suffering some side effects from using his quirk beyond his physical limits. On a normal person, those injuries could result in long-term damage."

"Oh No!" Many of them said. While other looked distraught.

"However, I was also told that Zeraora is a special case and given his unique biology, Recovery Girl might know a way to help him make a swift recovery."

"So fingers cross for you friend".

Everyone seemed more hopeful after that. Afterwards Class 1A was put in a bus and taken back UA.

The chaos has finally been quelled and the students of UA live to fight another day.

But what of the young tiger, will join his classmates on the next day will he be able to withstands the future events UA has in store for him.

Find out next time, on Claws and Lightning.

StormBreaker2k1 out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 552 28
Amanda Grayson, a 21 year old Autistic adult dies and instead of going to heaven or hell.. She's brought to an office with a small kitten behind the...
7.5K 277 11
!! FIRST STORY WARNING !! ๐Ÿ’™Records:๐Ÿ’™ #13 in KatsuDeku (EEEEEEEEE!!!) #168 in '#fairytale' (out of 17.5K!) ๐ŸŒŸ'"T-take me.... Instead..." Izuku told...
305K 9.4K 95
*I have aged the charecters up for this story. * "In the world eighty percent of the population has access to some form of supernatural ability, kno...
436K 16.5K 50
ใ€Žโ๐™ž๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™—๐™š๐™˜๐™–๐™ช๐™จ๐™š ๐™„ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™–๐™—๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช, ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ž๐™™๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฉ!โžใ€ ___________ in which Bakugou finds solace in someone just as stubborn an...