The Late Night Travel {KamiJi...

By VirgoRoulette

[COMPLETED] *** Class 1-A is doing an assignment that causes them to all go to different parts of Japan. The... More

Chapter 1: Groups of 4
Chapter 2: The Preparations
Chapter 3: Discussions
Chapter 4: TIME TO LEAVE EVERYONE!
Chapter 5: Aria
Chapter 6: Meeting and Forgiving
Chapter 7: The Plan In Action
Chapter 8: Medicine and Assistance
Chapter 9: Tickets
Chapter 10: Food and Trains
Chapter 11: Cheerleaders
Chapter 12: Unexpected
Chapter 13: Truths
Chapter 14: Chaos
600 views and an Author's Note :)
Chapter 15: Time For What?
Chapter 16: Count Me In Or Count Me Out
Chapter 17: Arrive There
Chapter 18: What Lies Ahead
Chapter 19: Go Away
Chapter 20: Meet The New Hero
Chapter 21: Hi_S_tories
Chapter 22: Hypocrite
Chapter 23: Another Encounter (Pt.1)
Chapter 24: Another Encounter (Pt.2)
Chapter 25: Black and White
Chapter 27: Death Follows Life
Chapter 28: I'm Sorry
Chapter 29: What Went Wrong
Chapter 30: Funerals Aren't Just For One
Chapter 31: We'll See Each Other Again
Epilogue

Chapter 26: You Can't Protect Everyone

135 3 0
By VirgoRoulette

I just really like this song ^

*3rd person*

The fire is where a heavy battle would be taking place. They all knew Albino was either in hiding or already fighting his brother-in-law. They didn't know where Inasa was, but he most likely was trying to find his uncle.

Burnt particles rained down upon Jiro and Kaminari. They filled the space around them, the smoke getting thicker as they continued down the same path.

Now, not one, but two building were set on fire by an arsonist. Almost everyone was out, but people were still inside. "C'mon Kaminari! They could die if we're not fast enough!" Jiro yelled in his face over the loud noise of shouts, screams, cries and battles ongoing in the distance.

He listened to her and followed her into the flaming building. If they thought the outside was bad, the inside was a lot worse. The heat from the flames were excruciating. They crawled on the floor until they reached the second floor. The second floor wasn't as bad as the first floor but if they weren't quick enough, lives would be loss.

"Anyone still here!" Kaminari yelled over the smoke and flames.

"Help! Over here!"

"Save my child first!"

"His lungs are filled with smoke!!"

Several people shouted back answers and they were able to pinpoint where they were. They waved their hands as high as they could, trying to get the duo's attention. They already had a plan forming in their heads though. 

"I'll lead then down stairs. The front door isn't far from here. Will you be alright to search the area?" Kaminari asked Jiro, a strange mixture of feelings filling his eyes.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Count on me."

"Everyone! Be careful and follow me! You have to crawl downstairs but the door to escape isn't far from here! Come on and follow me!" Kaminari waved to the group and gave them the instructions. Everyone listened to him, thankfully, and no one fought back against him.

Jiro, knowing that it would be dangerous with the heat but had no other choice, put her earphone jacks into the wall and the floor. It was a two-story building so no need to put it into the ceiling. There wasn't even a rooftop, it was bare and there was no access to it anyways.

She listened in and finally heard a voice that was on the same floor she was in, across to the other side of the floor. She raced across the building, trying her best not to suck in any more smoke than needed.

"H-help! Is anyone there?" A lady stood in a corner cradling a baby. Fear was over her eyes, nothing else. When she saw Jiro a small part of it disappeared but not all. "Are you going to help me?"

"Yes ma'am. Is there anyone else with you?" She shook her head no. "Alright then, follow me." She stood there for a moment, questioning herself if she should follow a teen dressed as a hero, but didn't really have a choice anyways.

Jiro lead the lady down to the stairs. She started to walk down and once she was in Kaminari's care, she left to go check around for any more people that might've been still inside the building. Coughing, but still able to get through, she scanned the area but there was no one else.

"Jiro!! Are you alright?!" Kaminari called down from below.

"Y-yeah! I'm *cough* fine!"

"Hurry up and get down here! I don't want you to-" Debris covered Jiro like a shadow. Part of the ceiling came tumbling down, catching her leg stuck between it. "JIRO!!!" His voice was clear even from below. 

The heat started to burn her legs, but she couldn't get it off no matter how hard she tried even with every outcome being a burnt hand.

"Jiro! Hold on, I'm here!"

"I don't need your help!"

"Yes you do! C'mon!" He gave her his hand and helped pull her out from under the burning piece of wood.

"Ow! OW!! KAMINARI!!!"

"Sorry." He dragged her out but her legs were all dripping blood and burnt. "You can't walk now."

"I can if I-"

"No, you're coming with me. Get on." He made her get on his back but instead of going down the stairs, he walked to the window. "There's a rope we can use to get down there. It'll be risky though considering that the building is on fire."

"Do we have a choice?"

"Your legs are burnt. We might not make it out the door in time. This rope will be our best bet."

"Then let's do it. Where's the rope?" Jiro asked him while he looked around the room they were in.

"There it is!" He quickly wrapped the rope around him arm, still supporting Jiro with the other. "Can you tie this in a knot so we can get out of here?"

"Yeah but how did you know about this rope?" she asked as she tied to around the rope's old holder. Making sure it was secured, she tugged on it until they decided it was safe enough to use.

"I saw it when we first came up here," he explained. "Hold on tight, Jiro. We're going down~" he said as she tighten her grip around him and he started to zip down to the ground. Kaminari's teeth gritted against each other while he went down. He had no gloves and there was no time to look for any with the fire already so close to them. He'd had to do with rope burnt hands.

When they landed on the ground, they could see the inside of the building all set up in flames. Nearby someone shattered glass as someone flew out the window onto the pavement. Around them was nothing but despair, debris, and bloodied bodies, dead and alive.

For a while, they just stood in shock, not knowing what to do. "Put me down, Kaminari. I'm gonna walk from here on out."

"But-"

"My legs are that bad. I'm not the most injured person here anyways. There's more people that need our help and we won't get there fast enough with you carrying me." He let her down back onto the ground. At first her legs started wobbling but she stood back him within seconds without help. "Let's go."

They ran through the falling debris, hardly any more light in the area. The sky was nothing but full of smoke. But they were determined to fight through the suffocating air. They were heroes in training after all.

Not too long after they went to search for a fight, they found themselves surrounded by a large group of people. "UA High? Well, kind of wished for real heroes, not some fakes," one of them who was covered in a bunch of different colored garments said.

"We're more heroic than you'll ever be!" Kaminari shouted at them. "Come on and face us now if you dare!"

They all looked from each other to each other. "We dare." The enemies' quirks were unknown so this made it tricky for them. There was about seven of them in the group versus two high school students.

A lady with silky black hair dressed in tradition Japanese garments crossed her arms across her chest and put her head down with her eyes closed. After five seconds passed, swords and guns appeared all around her. 

Name: Scythe 
Quirk: Weapons (she can make weapons of any kind appear. The downfall is that guns and arrows only have a two time use making it sometimes difficult)

Their hearts started pounding in their chest as the weapons appeared out of thin air. "Scythe! Why the f**k did you give me a sword?! You know I always use guns!" A man, chubby with messy brown hair that clearly hasn't been combed in months, called out to Scythe. 

"I do not care in this moment. If you don't like it, grab another one or do with what you have," the lady replied calmly. The man cursed her underneath his breath as he threw the sword to the side.

"I can do fine on my own without your damn weapons! I'll be fine on my own."

Name: Viper
Quirk: Poison (he can shoot poison out from his hands but it's not as effective as real poison)

"You might need it later on. But since you want to be a toddler today, I'll call it back." With her command she called back the sword and it disappeared. "Introductions are not needed here. The ones you need to fear are me, Viper, and Chameleon." She pointed to the man dressed in different colored garments. "I don't want to waste time either. Viper?"

"My pleasure!" he said with a wicked grin. He lifted his hand up and seemed to be being squeezed, but lines and lines of poison came out and was aimed for Jiro and Kaminari. "Imma start with the injured one," he announced. 

All lines of poison came out of his hand all towards Jiro. Kaminari was about to step in front of her until she dug her earphone jacks into the ground and noise erupted from the ground causing a miniature earthquake. It gave her enough time to dodge the poisonous strings of venom aimed for her.

"Now!" she yelled.

"You know it, Jiro!" Jiro rushed towards the person known as Chameleon and attempted to knock him out. Even though her punch missed, she tore off a piece of his garment.

Electric bolts, exceeding his own limit, came out from all around. Since Jiro was covered by (mysterious) garments so they blocked her from getting shocked while everyone else was. To herself, she smiled at the look on their faces while getting shocked.

Once he finished, she expected him to look all woozy and drunk but he came out looking more serious than before. Was this-?

"Now you," he said, pointing towards the guy she was hiding behind. "Show us what you can do."

"Ha! Gladly," they replied. (Yes this person be using he/they pronouns). Instead of running or making an effort, they walked slowly towards Kaminari. Because he didn't know his quirk, he didn't try to run away. If he did then he would've. Instead, Jiro and Chameleon watched as Kaminari skin tone turned from a smooth silk to leather, and kept on changing between different fabrics.

"Wh-what are you going to him?!"

"Human cells can't work fast enough especially when making all these changes. Don't worry, we already killed enough people to our limit, so we won't get to kill this little fellow sadly enough."

"Sadly?! What is wrong you people?!"

"We all have our own stories to tell of why we are like this. But you won't ever get to here them. Never!"

"Why not?" she asked him.

"Because no one cares about people and outcasts like us. One slip up in this world and you get bullied or made fun of for the rest of your life." Anger started to boil up in her. At this guy, at everyone here, at the people who were on the floor crisped in shock. "Don't you have a story to tell?"

Her eyes went blank.

"S-stop it!" she spoke to no one but herself. She wanted to stop but couldn't. Too weak? Perhaps but she always seemed to be this way.

"Jiro! What are you doing?! Get down from there!" Her old neighborhood friend came rushing though her bedroom down and slapped her across the cheek. "Why are you doing this!? Don't I mean anything to you?!" But she got no reply except the tears that fell from Jiro's face.

"I-I'm sorry."

"No, I should be. I slapped you without thinking and I should have known how you felt. I've listened to you and seen you go through this. I just- I just couldn't bare to see you dead!" Jiro put her hands around her friend's. "They bullied you and hurt you. Some of it was my fault. I-"

"Please don't apologize to me. You have nothing to be sorry for."

"But-"

"It's my own fault...."

"So, by the looks of it, you do have one to share!"

"No, I don't. I'm no different from any of you but yet I'm still completely different. Just because you went down the wrong path doesn't mean I will too." She grabbed a sword to her right and seeing Kaminari on the ground, his skin turning ash like the smoke about 0.5 miles away, she swung at Chameleon and didn't stop.

Nor did they move.

The sword went through the body, blood spraying everywhere across her face and several others. "W-why didn't he move?" She started down in shock at the bloody body, eyes already completely drained of life.

"Because I too, have regrets." His eyes only took a few seconds to drain of color and his chest to stop breathing. Regrets. She had some of those two.

She didn't want to waste anymore time. This batch was weaker than some others they faced but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be watching out. But right as she went to pick him up, a different sword found its way to pierce her body.

"Finally you do something right. I've been watching you," a familiar voice said. Albino appeared from behind Jiro. She tried to stab him with her earphone jacks but he was close enough to where he pushed her forehead back with one finger and blood was coughed up from her mouth.

"You can't protect everyone, UA. You just can't."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 37.7K 112
[currently under major editing, please read at risk of changes.] "I heard there's a new transfer student!" -x- -x- -x- Shiro Kurayami is a new admit...
20 3 3
UA is one of the most renowned hero schools in the world. People from all over competed for spots in their classes, fighting tooth and nail to get ta...
5.7K 211 13
#1/141 momoxreader [21 July 2021] #1/26 jiroxmomo [9 Jan 2022] #2/90.1K mha [23rd May 2022] SLOW UPDATES!! [don't worry, I haven't abandoned this boo...
85.9K 2.6K 49
BEWARE‼️‼️ this ff was made in 2021 so everything will be cringe af 😭😭 "Why do I feel like this? I'm a girl...she's a girl! There's no way she coul...