Trouble Awaits| R. Lupin

By shawnscum

Annabeth Prewett was not one to follow rules so it only made sense that she was sorted into Gryffindor on Sep... More

Face claim
Chapter one: Kings Cross Station
Chapter two: Chocolate Frogs
Chapter Three: The feast
Chapter four: Unsettling Questions
Chapter five: Potions
Chapter six: Twinky
Chapter seven: Astronomy
Chapter eight: The Plan
Chapter nine: Chat with the boys
Chapter ten: A fathers love
Chapter eleven: Study dates
Chapter twelve: Surprises
Chapter fourteen: Halloween
Chapter fifteen: Feelings expressed
Chapter sixteen: Hogsmeade
announcment
Chapter seventeen: Forgotten Birthdays
Chapter eighteen: Lost friends
Chapter nineteen: New wardrobe
authors note
Chapter twenty: Truth or Dare
Chapter twenty-one: Secrets Revealed
A/N
Chapter twenty-three: Christmas spirit
Chapter Twenty-four: Reunited
hey homies
Chapter Twenty-five: Winter Wonderland
Chapter Twenty-Six: Revelations
update
Chapter Twenty-Seven: decisions
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Regretful Behavior

Chapter twenty-two: Boggart

3.5K 121 98
By shawnscum

A/N: i tried a new writing style so please lmk what you think.

Annabeth woke up to soft snoring in her ear and the sun shining through the window. Looking over, she saw the peaceful face of Remus Lupin. His thick hair was disheveled and all over the place.

He was beautiful.

Annabeth sat and replayed the previous night over and over in her head. She hyper analyzed everything that was said and every touch they shared.

The kiss between them was heavy on her mind, it was perfect. It hadn't been her first kiss but it was definitely the most memorable one for the girl.

She brought a finger to her lip as she imagined the warmth that Remus provided her and the sparks that erupted through her. She could still taste the mint and the butterflies never ceased to be there.

Lost in her thought, she didn't hear Remus stir awake. The boy slowly opened his eyes, the sun shining brightly in them. He saw the red-headed beauty, his attention instantly on her scarred cheek.

" Good morning" spoke Remus, his morning voice present.

Annabeth was snapped back to reality and turned to face the boy, a smile present on her face. He looked so majestic with his messy hair and goofy grin.

" Good morning, how'd you sleep?" whispered Annabeth, placing a hand in Remus's hair.

" Honestly, pretty well. Someone is a kicker though" he laughed

Annabeth's cheek turned a dark red as the words left his mouth.

" I- i kicked you?" stuttered Annabeth

Remus nodded his head with a deep laugh. He loved seeing the girl flustered especially when it was his causing.

" It didn't hurt me, it was just a nice surprise" he replied

Annabeth hid her face behind her hair and slowly nodded. As she drowned in embarrassment, there was a knock at the door.

" Come in" called Annabeth

Molly Weasley entered with her son, Bill.

" Good morning you two! Breakfast is ready. I expect you two down there" she said with a motherly smile

Remus and Annabeth nodded as Molly left, leaving Bill and Charlie to walk to the bed.

" Up, up" cried Charlie, clapping his hands together

Annabeth scooped up the toddler and placed him in between Remus and herself. Bill was at the end of the bed climbing up and placing himself in Remus's lap.

" I think you're his favorite" Annabeth whispered to Remus with a smile

Bill loved his uncles but he felt more drawn to Remus. The way Remus carried himself reminded the small boy of himself, shy and collected.

The four talked about dragons and muggle stories until they heard their name called by Molly.

" We best be going down there" laughed Annabeth

Annabeth picked up Charlie and headed towards the door, Remus and Bill not far behind.

" Oh Merlin! This looks amazing, Molly" gushed Remus as he entered the kitchen.

The table was full of a dozen of biscuits, half covered in gravy. There was a plate of perfectly crispy bacon along side a huge bowl of eggs. There were fruits of any kind, all types of juices, and waffles.

" Mols, you've really outdone yourself" said Arthur Weasley with a smile.

Annabeth always loved their relationship, they were perfect. The way Arthur looked at Molly with nothing but adoration and pure love gave Annabeth a warm feeling in her chest. She sincerely hoped to have that type of love someday.

The family plus Remus all sat and enjoyed the delicious breakfast. Their conversations drifted from topic to topic, never ceasing to be entertaining.

Remus had only been there for a day but he already felt more at home than he did with his own family. Ever since he was a boy, his parents treated him like a beast all because of his lycanthropy. Granted, not everyone at the table knew but that just gave him a peace of mind.

To them, he was Remus. Just Remus.

" Fancy a game of Quidditch?" asked Gideon, his mouth full of eggs.

" What have I told you about doing that?!" shrieked Molly

" Not to do it..." mumbled Gideon

" Exactly. And no, you will not be playing Quidditch in this weather. You'll die from the cold! The ground is covered in snow" said Molly with a shake of her head

The group let out groans after the woman's statement.

" Maybe we could decorate the tree today" spoke up Annabeth

" Yea dearie, that's precisely what we will do" beamed Molly

Breakfast went by smoothly as the group continued their conversations and slowly started to empty the table.

" So, fancy doing the tree with me?" asked Annabeth

" I thought that was a given" said Remus with a smirk.

The pair made their way to large, bare Christmas tree in the living room. The tree took up a whole corner of the room and the decorations were packed away in a box in the attic.

" I'll go get the decorations,be right back" said Annabeth

Annabeth made her way up to the attic and rummaged her way through the endless boxes that filled it. She was midway through a box when she heard a sound behind her.

" Hello?" asked Annabeth, spinning around

Behind her, she saw the dead bodies of Gideon and Fabian.

Annabeth's mouth went dry and it felt as though all the air in her lungs had disappeared. They couldn't be dead, they were just eating with her. Her only brothers couldn't be dead.

" Bubba?" cried Annabeth.

A sob escaped her lips as she ran over to the bodies, only for them to change into her big sister.

" Mols?" screamed Annabeth, her voice cracking and pain soaring through her body.

Seeing her siblings dead physically pained her. She felt as though her heart wasn't beating, she wasn't in her own body.

Annabeth began to shake as screams and sobs escaped her lips. Her nails were digging so hard into her hand that she drew blood but she couldn't feel that. She couldn't feel anything over the emotional pain she was feeling.

Molly quickly turned into Charlie and Bill, their eyes staring up at nothing. Her boys, dead. Her sweet, innocent nephews had no smile on their faces, only pain.

" No... this isn't real. This isn't real!" screamed Annabeth, trying anything to convince herself.

Her body fell to the ground as she couldn't take her eyes off the lifeless bodies. They disappeared, leaving Annabeth to think it was over. Only for her to be met with Sam.

" I hate you! You mean nothing to me" he shouted at the girl

Annabeth's breathe caught in her throat as she looked her best friend in the eye, seeing so much hatred.

" It should have been you instead of Daniel. You are worthless garbage" spat Sam

Annabeth couldn't contain the tears that drenched her face as she stood in shock. The only person she ever trusted hated her. She made herself look away, only to see Sam's father approach them.

In one swift motion, Sam's father killed him in cold blood.

" SAM!" screamed Annabeth, her throat burning.

Just as Sam was transforming into the dead bodies of the Marauders, Remus ran into the attic.

Remus was shocked at the scene in front of him. Annabeth was on the ground shaking and screaming as their best friends bodies lay in front of her.

Remus's dead body in front of her.

" Annabeth" yelled Remus, trying to make his way over to her

His yells were unheard as her deafening screams filled the house, gaining the attention of her family. The Prewett- Weasley family came running into the attic, hearts breaking at the scene.

" Riddikulus!" shouted Arthur, making it all disappear.

Gideon and Fabian ran over to their baby sister and wrapped her into a hug.

" Shhh, it's okay. You're okay. We're all okay. It was just a boggart. We're safe" whispered Fabian, tears leaving his eyes.

Remus slowly made his way over and joined them, kissing Annabeth's head.

" You're alright, love. Nothing can hurt us" he cooed

Broken sobs left Annabeth's lips as she looked up at the boys, the boys she loved more than life.

" Where are Bill and Charlie" choked out the girl.

As if on cue, her nephews came running over. Annabeth grabbed them and pulled them
into a bone-crushing hug, loud cries coming from her.

" I love you" she cried into the boys

" We love you, Bethy" said Bill.

The family plus Remus led the girl back to the living room, completely discarding the decorations. Annabeth and Remus laid on the couch, he rubbed her back as she caught her breathe.

" I thought you were dead." whispered Annabeth

" I'll never leave you, Annabeth." replied Remus

If only that were true.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

647 40 4
To simply put it, Olivia Randaloff was sick and tired of the way James Potter treated her best friend, Lily Evans. After years of him refusing to lea...
39.7K 1.3K 29
"So if its words that you are looking for McKinnon, I am fluently gifted with the art of speaking. But I'd much rather spend every day showing you ex...
2.8K 181 25
❝I fucking lost control and almost hurt you.❞ She never knew what she would become. She never knew what would happen in her future. She never knew of...
841 24 14
Maisie Chadwick always wanted to feel at home. She'd never felt like she had a home, especially after a few tragic events unfolded in her life before...