I'm a Costello

By _crazy_hooman_

•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very a... More

A/N
INTRODUCTION
(1) Monday is a bitch
(2) Secrets revealed
Characters (1)
(3) Finally home
(4) Meeting them
(5) Guilty
(6) Shopping
(7) More Brothers?!
Characters (3)
(8) Family from Italy
(9) Bonding {part one}
(10) Bonding {part two}
(11) Goodbye for now
(12) Emotional
(13) School
(14) Prank Day
(15) Texas
(16) Threat
Characters (4)
(17) Surprise!
(18) Scared
(19) Care
(20) Mafia?
(21) Captured
(22) Kidnapped
(23) Kidnapped (part 2)
(24) Revelations
Characters (5)
(25) Video
(26) Pain
(27) Attack
(28) Rescued
(29) Reunion
(30) Recovery
(31) Back to school
(32) Fight
(33) Argument
(34) Apology
(35) Cocky? Check.
(36) SURPRISE!
(37) Italy
(38) Italy (part 2)
(39) Birthday
(40) The Party
Characters (6)
(41) The Party ( part 2)
(42) Back Home
(43) Partners?!
(44) Project
(46) I like you
(47) Prank war
(48) Hostage
(49) Hostage (part 2)
(50) My entire family?
Epilogue
Bonus chapter (1)
Bonus chapter (2)
Thank you!
Sequel

(45) Dinner

43.9K 1.1K 818
By _crazy_hooman_

Comment and vote!

[Valentina's POV]

We all arrive to the dinning room and get seated accordingly.

"Don't tell me you're going to start without me", I heard someone

We turn and saw Ben standing there smiling.

Oh yeah he was coming for dinner as well.

"Hey Ben", Rafael smiled and stood up to greet him.

"Raf! It's been a long time! How are you?", Ben said excitedly and they did a bro hug.

Ben was then greeted by the entire Diaz family. They seem very close. They were all happy seeing Ben.

After that we all begin with our dinner. Dad and Louis were reminiscing some old mission of theirs, Ales, Ben, Rafael and my brothers were talking about their mafia deal/ project. I was not paying attention to any of them since it was getting boring.

I saw Micheal looking at me now and then. Whenever I would catch him staring at me he will shift his gaze to his food or somewhere else.

We all finished the food and everyone was in the living room talking and laughing about something. I saw Ales and Savannah talking near the fire place. I smiled looking at them. I really hope they date and get married some day coz they look good together.

I was honestly bored so I headed back to my room. I was standing in my balcony and looking outside. It was quite breezy and a bit cold but not so much to freeze you or something. It felt good just standing there and looking at the sky.

Suddenly I heard someone clear their throat. I turn and see Micheal standing behind me.

"Hey you alright?", He asked curiously.

"Yeah I'm good", I smile

"Okay...you came up while others were sitting down so I thought to just check up on you", He said softly

I nod and gesture him to join me. He came and stood next to me leaning on the rails like me looking at the sky and the garden.

"I was just bored. They're talking about their mafia stuff. So I came up", I shrugged.

"Yeah. They've been on it for a while", He snickered.

I smile and nod.

"By the way, dad told me that you came home this year to live with your father and brothers. You never lived with them all your life?", he said looking at me.

"Yeah I didn't know about them actually. I had never seen my dad, atleast not after I was like a few months old and I never knew I had six brothers", I nod

He was shocked.

"What? Really? Mind telling me your story? Only if you want to though", he said nervously

"Yeah I dont mind talking about it. It's fine", I smile

He smiled and gestured me to continue.

"Well I lived with my mum my whole life in Texas. She was my only family. Atleast that's what I thought. She never told me about my father or brothers or anything regarding mafia also. I lived 15 yrs of my life thinking it's just me and her", I said.

He looked a bit sad. He was staring at me not saying anything so I continued.

"Few months ago my mom died. Jack my mother's boyfriend was sent by the Russians to keep an eye on me. He shot my mother one day. He would have probably killed me too but the Russian leader wanted me alive for using me to hurt my family", I said with tears in my eyes.

He looked sad and angry. He put his hand on my hand tenderly and gave it a light press. I look at him and his face softened.

"You don't have to continue", he said softly

"No it's fine. I want to tell you", I said smiling

I don't know why but it felt okay and right to talk to him. His hand on my hand felt comforting. I don't know how but it felt nice.

"Okay", he smiled.

"So when my mom died I called up my father so I wondering if he'd...I guess take me in. He agreed thankfully and I travelled from Texas to New York to live with them", I explained.

"My mom barely told me anything about my brothers or my father. Heck she was on her death bed when she told me about them. Apparently she took me away from them because of the impeding threat mafia life posses", I sighed. "It was only when I acknowledged the fact that we own a mafia, two mafias actually, did I realise why she did that."

"Woah..that must have been quite difficult", He whispered gently.

"It was. My mother's choice affected a lot of people. My dad was heartbroken when his wife who he loved so much left him with me. My brothers practically become different people altogether", I shrugged.

"They had different ways to deal with their loss. You've known them for long so you must know. My grandparents were unhappy because they had never seen me as my mom took me away after a few months of me being born. And I was upset because I lost 15 years of time that I could have spent with them", I said lowly.

He looked really sad for me.

"But I don't really blame my mother you know", I continued. "She had her reasons and its kinda justified. She just wanted to keep her daughter safe, so she did what she thought was right and I don't blame her, but that doesn't mean I'm okay with that decision", I shrug.

"Why're you not okay with that decision?", He asked curiously.

"It's just...I never got to experience my childhood with my family. I always wanted a father and a sibling. I never got that", I shrugged.

"When I was a kid I would see my friends having fun with their fathers in the parks and I would immediately get upset as I never had one. I don't regret the time I've spent with my mom. It was wonderful but I can't help but think that it would have been perfect if we both were here with my family. I was a large family Micheal. And now that I have everything I don't have mom", I almost whispered.

He softly rubbed my palm with his thumb nodding at me.

"You know it sometimes just kills me knowing it was technically because of me my brothers lost their mother. It was I who became the reason for dad to have lost his love", I whispered with tears in my eyes.

"Hey hey look at me", He insisted and turned me towards him.

I noticed he had a slight frown on his face. "It's not your fault Valentina. Don't blame yourself for something that wasn't in your control", Micheal said seriously, looking in my eyes.

"Micheal my brothers lost their mother because of me. My mother died because of me. They lost their mother 15 yrs ago when she left with me. They never got the motherly love they deserve. The twins were so young. Matteo was two years old", I exclaimed with a tear falling down my eyes.

He immediately wiped it off and held my face in his hands.

"Valentina you're not to be blamed for the decisions your parents took okay? It was your mother's decision to leave not yours and your brothers know that. It was our ancestor's decision to start the mafia which was the main reason your mother left with you. You see none of the things that's ever happened to you or your brothers is because of you, it's because of someone else's decisions", he said seriously

I think about what he said and it did make sense. What he said kinda made me feel better.

"Do you even know the amount of happiness you've given to your family? Your family never had a daughter for years. They wanted a daughter in the family to shower her with love. You gave them the biggest gift by just being born", he smiled at me.

I chuckled a bit and his face brightens.

"I remember my grandpa telling me how your grandfather was beyond elated when he heard he got a granddaughter. My dad told me your father almost cried when he took you in his arms for the first time when you were born. I can see how happy you make all your brothers. So stop blaming yourself", he smiled widely.

I was feeling so good by the time he finished. He just changed my mood from sad to happy.

But I wonder how he knows so much

"How did you know about this?", I ask curiously

"After I met you at the party I asked my dad and grandpa about why we never knew about you before. I've known Costellos all my life. They told me about you not living with them and how happy your family was when you were born", he said.

I nod in understanding and smiled.

"Thank you so much Micheal. This made me feel better. I guess I needed this", I smiled gratefully

"Ah it's no big deal", he smiled waving me off.

I chuckled softly. We stood looking outside for a while.

"You have any crazy dramatic story like me you wanna share?", I snicker.

He laughed.

"I think your story beats any other crazy story", he smirked.

I nod laughing.

We both just look outside the balcony admiring the view for a while.

"What you said about your mom reminds me of my mom", he suddenly said.

I look at him and suddenly I realise I've never seen his mum.

"I've never seen your mother now that you mentioned her", I said

"She passed away five years ago", he said looking outside.

"Oh", I said and held his hand comforting him like he did me.

When he did that it made me feel better so I was hoping this will make him feel better.

"She was a beautiful person in and out you know. I loved her so much. My entire family did. She was the light in my life. I miss her so much", he said still looking outside

"What happened to her?", I ask softly

"She was shot by some men of some local gang. We don't know who sent them though", he gritted.

My heart sunk. I was so sad and angry at the same time. I hate the fact that his mother was shot like mine.

"She was pregnant at that time", he continued.

My heart broke. I gasped. I immediately had tears in my eyes.

He looked at me and I could see the pain his eyes held at that moment. I don't know why but it hurt me to see him this hurt.

"She was pregnant with my baby brother. My brother my family never got to meet. It was almost time for his birth when mom was shot. We didn't even get to see her after she passed away", he said looking at me.

His eyes got a bit glassy.

"My mom and unborn brother's death broke my sister the most. She would cry for hours when this happened. Rafael would just hold her trying not to cry himself. Dad was devastated. My mom was killed because of some mafia rivalry. We don't know who did it but Rafael and my dad haven't stopped searching since five years for avenging my mother. I officially haven't joined the mafia yet as it just scares me knowing that once I get into this people will start targeting the ones that I love. I don't think I'll be able to take it if my family ever gets hurt at my fault. But on the other hand I do want to join to help Raf. I don't know what to do", he said softly tears evident in his eyes

I immediately hug him tight. My arms around his neck. He looked shocked for a second I guess but then he immediately hugged me back. He held me tight and hid his face in my neck.

I rub his back. After sometime I pull back and look at him.

"Micheal it's normal to be scared. Everyone is scared of losing their loved ones. Our brothers are the Dons of their mafia. They are the most scared ones but they know it's their duty to take up the business and continue to run it like our fathers did", I said looking at him.

He nods slightly.

"I'm sure Rafael will be relieved if you join in and help him. Your loved ones won't be in danger because you joined the mafia. Your family is already in the mafia like mine. My dad and brothers thought that I'll be in danger because of them but it's not like that. Being born into this life puts us in danger not because of my family. It's the same with you", I smiled softly.

He nods in understanding.

"You're right. My family is always going to be in danger whether or not I join. I would rather join the mafia and protect them and help my brother", he said confidently

I smile. After a minute be sighs.

"This was really productive you know. I feel light and sure of what I want", he smiled.

"I felt good talking to you as well. I guess we both just helped each other out", I shrug smiling.

I realised we both were still holding each other. My hands held his face while his hands were on my waist. We were standing so close to each other.

I guess he realised it as well as he stopped smiling and looked at me with some emotion I couldn't understand. He made eye contact first and then looked at my lips. He slowly started getting his face closer to mine. I unconsciously started leaning towards him as well.

We were just a few inches apart when he stopped. I could feel his breath on my face. He looked at me as if asking permission to kiss.

I don't know what came into me since I closed the distance and kissed him. He immediately responded and kissed me back. It was a very soft and passionate kiss.

I broke the kiss to breathe after a while. He put his forehead on mine and was also breathing heavily.

It was an amazing kiss.

Suddenly his phone rang and I immediately took a step back resulting in his hands falling of my waist. It was kind of like a wake up call.

I was flustered. I looked everywhere but him.

He picked up his phone and replied to whoever was on the other side. I think it was Rafael.

"Yeah I'm coming down brother", he said cutting his call.

I totally forgot about mine and his family downstairs.

"My family is leaving and they're calling me down", he said after clearing his throat.

"Okay yeah fine", I said looking at him.

He kept looking at me fondly. When I saw that he's gonna make no move I walked out of my room. I was walking down and I could hear him coming behind me. God it was awkward. I didn't want it to be awkward.

We reached down and saw everyone at the main door. They saw us coming and stopped talking putting their attention on us.

"Bye Valentina! I'll see you soon", Savannah smiled.

I walked up to her and hugged her.

"Yeah see you. Bye", I smile.

I say bye to Rafael and Louis. My family saying the same to Micheal.

They walked outside our house to get into their cars. Micheal looked at me and winked before getting inside. My eyes went wide for a second.

They drove away.

I wish everyone goodnight and get back to my room. I layed on my bed thinking about that kiss. I was wondering why I kissed him.

Maybe I like him?

I took a deep breath thinking about it.

I think I might have a teeny tiny bit of a crush of him?
---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Hope you guys liked this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 25.9K 61
Evelyn Smith is a 15 year old girl who lives with her parents. She has been abused all her life by her parents, but still tries to find the good in b...
336K 6.8K 41
Hey, this book is not finished, but I have been asked to keep it up! I am rewriting it right away, because there were major plot holes and it was jus...
77.9K 1.9K 53
"Bella, if you don't wake up, I'm gonna check your phone" That Is all Gabriele says for her to jolt up. "I'm up! I'm up! I'm up!" I said panting and...
Macrina By Maya F

General Fiction

58.2K 2.2K 55
"Honestly, I think you're really gonna like New York." "New York? Like New York City, New York?" "The one and only," my cousin grinned, taking a swig...