Daisy Johnson Imagines

By SierraCara

Just a bunch of random imagines for my favorite brunette superhero because there are not enough stories with... More

Intro
Christmas
Afterlife (2x16)
World's End (4x22)
A New Inhuman
Maveth (3x10)
Adjusting
Sneaking Around
Lost Without You
Nightmares
Dark Alleys
Drinking Buddy
Without Her (5x03)
Eavesdropper
Avengers Party
Real Life
Marry Me?
Busted
Too Bad (3x21)
Delicate
The New Deal (7x01)
The New Deal (Part 2)
The New Deal (Part 3)
The New Deal (Part 4)
Sparring
Familiar Stranger
Mind Reader
Empty Bed
Cuts And Bruises
Fake Wife
What We're Fighting For (7x13)
Phone Calls
Jealousy
Who Are You?
Forced Conversations
''Please Kill Me''
Fun And Games
New Year's
I'll Be Your Family Now (2x22)
Harmless Fun
Regrettable Decisions
Regrettable Decisions (Part 2)
Regrettable Decisions (Part 3)
Prank wars
Unwanted Guests (Part 1)
Unwanted Guests (Part 2)
Unwanted Guests (Part 3)
Unwanted Guests (Part 4)
What if... (4x16)
What if... (Part 2)
What if...(Part 3)
What if...(Part 4)
What if...(Part 5)
A New Avenger
The Real Deal (5x12)
The Simmons Sibling
The Simmons Sibling (Part 2)
Seeds (1x12)
Ghost Rider
Ghost Rider (Part 2)
Ghost Rider (Part 3)
Quarantine (Part 2)
Quarantine (Part 3)
The Simmons Sibling (Part 3)
The Guardians
Left Behind
I have loved you for a while
Full Evil (5x14)
Are you high? (6x03)
LMD Central (4x15)
That was so stupid
Ghost Rider (Part 4)

Quarantine (2x11)

3.2K 79 22
By SierraCara

Summary request: you are stuck in quarantine with Skye after you both went through Terrigenisis and the team starts arguing, causing you to lose control. 

Thank you for requesting. I hope this was somewhat like you had in mind ;)

That stupid glass. Why couldn't they put you together in one room. Why did they have to separate you. After all, you went through the same thing, at the same time. Right when Skye needed you most, you couldn't hold her, couldn't hug her body close to yours and tell her it would be all right.

You could tell her, sure, but it wasn't the same with this wall between you. 

The small but annoying device tied around your upper arm and the wires connected to your hand reminded you time and time again there was something wrong with you, but nobody knew what. They said it was ''a miracle'' you both survived, but it wasn't. Miracles didn't exist.

''Hey Dumbo, are you going to play or what?'' 

Bobbi had been so kind to bring the both of you a survival kit, which also included a board game that Skye had in her room. She threw the dice for you, moved your pawn and read the cards. 

You threw her your best glare. She was exhausted, like you. A strange buzzing in your chest, a restless feeling you tried to push down, kept distracting you from your thoughts. You felt like a balloon about to blow or a volcano about to erupt. ''You're lucky you're behind glass.''

Skye smiled smugly, pulling her cross-legged body a little closer to the board. ''Or what, you would have fought me?'' The both of you tried to stay positive and it did help to undergo the same fate together, but it was hard when nobody knew exactly what had happened and why you felt so anxious all the time. 

''For that remark? Definitely.''

Your girlfriend smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. They were dull actually, not their usual sparkling brown. She was grieving Trip, like everyone else. Three SHIELD agents went into the temple, only two came out alive. Trip was in litteral pieces and every time you closed your eyes, you saw him die. 

Your face fell. The jokes did nothing to take your mind off the dread in your stomach. ''You feel it too. I'm not going crazy, right?'' Your voice was just above a whisper, but it froze Skye's hand in the air. 

Her brown eyes darted around the lab outside of your hamster cages, making sure nobody heard or would hear her answer. She nodded, the joy from a second ago completely gone. ''The restlessness, the buzzing. Something has changed. We have changed.''

She described what you were feeling, but there was a difference. While her fingers were shaking ever so slightly every time she went to pick up a pawn, you were constantly hot. Hot to the point where you were sweating in just a tank top. 

Skye sat in her sweatshirt and repeatedly pulled the sleeves over her fingers because the base was so cold, but to you it was as if you were on fire. Your hair was already away from your neck to release some warmth, but it didn't help. Fitz had said you had a fever.

''I'm scared,'' you admitted. Never did you want her to hold you as much as right now. Just her hand on yours would be enough. 

She watched you play with the threads on your sweatpants. ''I know. I am too.''

The peace and silence was interrupted by the rest of the team marching into the lab. Mack with a deep frown on his face, unable to look at the two people in quarantine. In the alien underground city, he had been possessed, turned into nothing more than a mindless zombie. But while he was cured and cleared quickly, you and Skye would never return to your old selves.

Because of his experience, Mack had developed a deep hatred for everything alien. He felt the need to protect the base stronger than ever, and couldn't help but blame you and Skye, even when none of it was your fault and he didn't say it to your faces. It was obvious by the way he looked at you.

Now, he stood with his back to the quarantine cells.

''We're going after HYDRA now,'' was the first thing Coulson said, starting the meeting. They had been so kind as to move from his office to the lab, so you could hear and join in too. If the glass wall wasn't there, the team would make a perfect circle.

''With a prisoner exchange?'' Bobbi asked, unsure if that was the right move. You liked her, she was smart and kind and funny. ''Using Bakshi out in the open like that... it's a dangerous strategy, sir.''

''I know it's high-risk,'' Coulson acknowledged. His voice was slightly muffled through the glass and you kept glancing at Skye to see what she thought. ''But we have a small window to take advantage of HYDRA's lack of leadership.''

You had to agree with him there. HYDRA was vulnerable now that all their leaders were dead. Without leaders, the resistance would be a lot less, their troops less organized.

''It puts us out on a limb,'' Hunter countered. He was never one for calmly arguing, his voice always raised the first chance he got.   

Coulson was the one to stay calm, even if people yelled at him. It was an admirable quality. ''With a chance to deliver a crushing blow to those responsible for Trip's death. I'll take it.''

''Responsible, huh?'' Mack's voice was so soft it was hard to hear, but the stab in your chest made it clear you had heard him, and according to the hurtful look on Skye's face, so did she.

Shocked, all heads turned towards the big man. He wasn't making any friends with his behavior. 

''You have something to say, Mack?'' Coulson asked, his stare icy.

Mack didn't turn around, keeping you from seeing his face, but again he muttered softly, ''Plenty, but I'll keep it to myself.''

Hunter, being Hunter, tried to make a joke about it. Most of the time they were funny, but nobody was laughing now. ''Don't mind him. He's just coming down from the worst alien acid trip of all time.''

Fitz shook his head, crossing his arms. ''That's not funny.''

Hunter shrugged. ''Just trying to lighten the mood, mate.''

''Yeah, well, Mack didn't ask for what happened to him.''

''No one asked for any of this to happen,'' May said sternly, already starting to get fed up with their behavior. ''HYDRA forced our hand, and now Coulson plans to force theirs.''

''Did they?'' Mack's sudden outburst, his voice loud enough to be heard in the hallway, made you jump. Next to you, Skye was so startled she unconsciously took a small step back. Both your heart monitors beeped faster. ''Did HYDRA force our hand?'' 

Bobbi was quick to shut him down and you were thankful for that. All this arguing wasn't good for your nerves, the tension building up inside. ''Calm down, Mack.''

''Repeatedly,'' Coulson admitted, trying to keep the peace, ''but we have a chance here-'' 

''Or did we hand them detailed plans and the location of that city?'' Mack yelled, his face contorted with anger. You shared a look with Skye. This was not going to end well.

''HYDRA took them when they took Skye. Are you saying we shouldn't have gone in to save her?'' Coulson's voice was a little louder now too, but still controlled. The rescue mission to save your girlfriend was burned in your brain. You had been the first one to step up, accepting Coulson's orders without a doubt.

''I'm saying there wouldn't have been anything to take if you and Skye hadn't been obsessed with the alien messages in your damn head.''

You didn't like the way Mack was talking about her in that tone. Your hands started shaking more, but you clenched them into fists to hide it. Meanwhile you felt like you were burning up. This couldn't be healthy.

''All right, let's just all-''

''This isn't about blame.''

''Watch yourself, Mack.'' 

Everyone talked over each other. It was pure chaos. You glanced to your right to see Skye watching them with wide eyes, her muscles tense. All this stress wasn't good for her or for you.

''No one would have left Skye there,'' Fitz said calmly, backing Coulson. ''That's not what he's saying.''

The Director nodded. ''I shouldn't have to ask any of you to save one of our own.'' 

''You never ask!'' Mack yelled, stepping towards Coulson in a threatening way. ''You just give your orders, no matter how cracked out they are!'' 

You had to do something, something to stop the pounding in your ears. You ripped yourself away from the glass and started pacing, back and forth through your small cell. Three steps to the south wall, three steps to the north wall. Before Fitz locked you up, he told you not to call it a cell. But you were trapped in here so what else would you call it?

''Mack, you'd do well to remember your rank right now.''

''Really? Rank at a time like this? Why don't you shove rank up your-''

''Not helping, Hunter.''

But you weren't focused on the conversation anymore because in the cell next to yours, Skye's monitor went haywire, beeping and flashing red. She was staring at an empty soda can that was heavily shaking without anyone touching it. Weakly, she tried to interrupt the team. ''Guys, stop.''

''Coulson's only trying to stop HYDRA.''

''We didn't stop anything! We unleashed something on the planet!''

Things started to shake more and more. Now multiple things in her cell and also yours had started to shake. ''Please,'' Skye begged. 

You wanted to help her, to say something to her, but you were heaving at this point, your whole body on fire. Her panicking made you panic and together with the screaming happening outside, it was all too much. 

''Trip averted disaster. It could have been a lot worse!''

''And Skye barely made it out alive!''

''Thanks to Trip! He sacrificed his life, Mack!''

''No, he traded his life for hers! And then he was shattered into a thousand pieces!''

''That's enough!''

The volcano erupted.

You weren't sure what happened, but all the heat suddenly consumed you and left your body a shivering, tense mess on the floor. Somewhere during all this, you sunk through your knees. And while Skye had somehow found a way to shut down her powers, you were pretty sure yours hadn't stayed unnoticed. 

There was a crackling sound in your ears. Together with your rapid heartbeat and fast breathing, it was difficult to make out the voices. Skye's voice next to yours was the most audible, so you focused on that to try to calm down, to stop your hyperventilating.

Her knees were on the floor and her hands on the glass, wanting to push the barrier away. ''Hey, listen to me.'' How she was able to talk to you so quickly after her own outburst was unbelievable. It once again proved how strong she was.

''Focus on me. Push it down, block it-''

Her voice was cut off by the fire alarm. You didn't even know the base had one. 

Smoke traveled into the lab, causing the few remaining scientists to cough. 

Finally, the team noticed something was going on. At first they thought it was a simple fire, something that happened more often in the lab than you would know, but Bobbi spotted you on the floor of your room, trembling. ''Sir!'' she called out to Coulson, not only alerting him but also the rest of the team.

Some of them rushed to your door, others went to check out the hallway. 

Coulson stopped in front of the glass, unable to open it because you were still in quarantine. ''Skye, Fitz, talk to me, what's going on?'' he asked anxiously.

Fitz anxiously tapped on his tablet to see the readings from your monitor. ''Eh...eh... she's burning up. Heartrate erratic, blood pressure-''

He shook his head, looking between Skye's distraught face to your trembling figure. ''I'm not talking about her vitals, I want to know what's happening to her.''

Fitz was at a loss, a complete loss. ''I have no idea, sir.'' He ran his hand over his head, trying to make sense of it all, but nothing came up. 

Hunter peeked his head back into the lab, pure shock written all over him. ''Sir! The hallway... You need to see this.''

With one last look at you, he turned around and stalked out the door, only to stop just in time before walking into a hot, deadly pool of liquified stone and fire. The floor had melted, giving off such a heat people had to step back. Smoke came from it, filling the hallway. People with fire extinguishers tried putting it out or freezing it, but nothing helped. 

Inside the lab, Fitz typed in the codes to Skye's chamber, unlocking her door, before doing the same to yours. 

''Fitz! What are you doing?'' Bobbi yelled in shock.

''They aren't contagious. They're not sick. Their DNA has changed.'' He shoved his tablet into her hands so she could see it for herself. 

The cool air from the lab flowed into your room, hitting your sweaty skin. But what was even better was finally inhaling Skye's scent again. She was on her knees in front of you within seconds, grabbing your hands that were laced in your hair. They were so hot to the touch it hurt slightly, but she didn't let go.

You sat with your knees to your chest, rocking back and forth as best you could. The motion was soothing but did nothing to stop what was happening outside. ''I can't make it stop.''

Skye tried catching your eyes with hers, but they were too restless and kept jumping around the room. ''Yes, you can. Focus on me, listen to me and only me.''

But that was hard when people were yelling at each other, trying to find a way to de-liquify the hallway.

Coulson ran back into the lab, taking in the scene in front of him. He asked the question but deep inside, he knew the answer. ''Fitz, what is causing this?''

''I think she is, sir.''

''Is it safe to go in?'' Fitz nodded so Coulson positioned himself next to Skye and in front of you. She moved a little to the side to give him space, but kept holding your hands. ''Y/N, I need you to calm down. Can you do that for me? Because you're melting our hallway.'' He tried to lighten it in the end, but it had little effect.

Skye turned to him with wide eyes. She had just made a couple things shake, something nobody had noticed, but you set the base on fire. 

''I'm sorry,'' you muttered between your sobs. ''I don't know how.'' If it was possible, you got anxiety on top of your anxiety. At this point your heart beat so fast it should have stopped altogether. The fire was spreading and also threatened to go into the lab now, so there was less and less time. However, you didn't see yourself calming down any time soon.

Skye hissed and dropped your hands. They were now too hot to touch. It was a miracle your skin hadn't melted off yet. Guilt spread through you. ''I'm so sorry, I don't-''

Coulson turned his head around to the engineer, sadness written all over. ''Fitz?'' He didn't have to say more. 

Sadly, the man nodded and went through one of the drawers in the lab. You heard him walk in and felt him crouch next to you. ''We will figure this out,'' he murmured.

Then there was a sharp sting in your upper arm. It was so unexpected and sudden, you jumped. More time to think about it, you didn't have. The room started swaying and within seconds it all turned black. 

Fitz caught you before your head could hit the ground and lowered it gently. Your heart slowed down to a normal rate and your skin was touchable again. 

In the hallway, the stone floor hardened so quickly after you passed out, if anyone would have blinked, they'd have missed it. It was no longer smooth and polished. Big chunks of stone stuck out. It was more a rock wall than a floor.

Everyone took a few breaths to calm down. Skye's shoulders sunk in defeat and she hung her head. You looked so peaceful now, as if you were sleeping next to her in bed, but her hands still stung from where you burned her, reminding her it was all too real.

''So,'' Coulson finally said, ripping his eyes away from you, ''does anyone want to explain to me what the hell just happened?''

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 245 12
GxG imagines. I write all different types of prompts from fluff to smut to cozy holidays with a little angst. Just request it and I will try to write...
268K 5.2K 55
Just a bunch of Hailee Steinfeld imagines because there's not enough of her on here. gxg includes: -Fluff -Smut *REQUEST ARE CLOSED*
35.5K 810 52
As you can see by the title, it's simply one shots, but it's currently majority of marvel ladies if you're into that and a few random others. I DO NO...
333K 9.1K 64
Y/n was kidnapped by Hydra and exposed to the mind stone, receiving powers nobody quite understood the extent of. After a year and a half under Hydr...