Chasing More Than A Trophy (R...

By ourchaeyoung

Arsenal youngster Y/N finds himself being pushed out on an unexpected loan move. Next thing he knows he finds... More

Getting a loan
Welcome to Seoul
Lunchtime
The First of Many
First Day on The Job
Not an Update
First Date
9 - Trouble Brews at Home
10 - Sleepover
11 - Beach Day
12 - Days Before Gangnam
Update but not the story
13 - Flowers in Gangnam
Another Random Update
Seeing Twice
14 - Messes will be Messi
Twice in LA
15 - New Beginnings
0.5: Sana's Destiny

Finally Debuting

2.1K 78 12
By ourchaeyoung

Just a heads up this is gonna be a game chapter so maybe not as much Twice as you would like. If you want you can skip the gam senses, it's very easy to know where they are.

Besides that thank you for reading again, Come on you Gunners.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on we're going to be late" Jeongyeon said as she paced down the corridor of the stadium

"Jeong, calm down. We have plenty of time until the game starts." Chaeyoung told her, watching her unnie bounce off the walls.

"Let her be Chaeng, she's just excited to be in the stadium again." Mina held Chaeyoung back from bullying Jeongyeon anymore.

Currently Jeongyeon, Mina, Dahyun, and Chaeyoung were being lead to your player box by a member of staff, although not all of Twice could make it, Jihyo and Nayeon stayed with the managers to park the car. The rest of the members (Tzuyu, Momo and Sana) had a scheduled photoshoot, unfortunately.

"And here you are." The staff member said, showing them a door with a good plate simply reading '(Y/N) (L/N)'.

"Oh how fancy." Chaeyoung said to herself has she slowly opened the door, to see you sitting there speaking to someone in a team tracksuit.

"(Y/N)!" Chaeyoung yelled, running up to you and giving you a hug. "How are you doing? Ready for the game?"

"Ah Chae!" You jumped, surprised at the sudden assault. "I'm as ready as I can be."

"It seems like your visitors came, I'll be in the dressing room. Make sure you're not late." One of the medical staff says, before excusing himself.

"Hi (Y/N)~" You turn to see Dahyun walking in, shorty followed by Jeongyeon and Mina.

"Ah it's nice to see you Dahyun." You say giving a bow to her as well as Mina and Jeongyeon. "Nice to finally meet you two."

"Likewise."

"Nice to meet you two."

"From what I've been told you two are the biggest fans of football out of the bunch." You lead the conversation.

"Yeah, we started watching during our time on Sixteen, that's where we really started to bond." Mina say, walking over to the rest of you.

"Oh, do you both support Seoul?" You asked.

"Yep." "We do."

"Oh that's good to hear, hopefully you can be a fan of me as well." You chuckle before taking a look at the time. "I'm sorry to cut our meeting short but I've got to go."

You get up and say your goodbyes before exiting the room, leaving the four girls alone in the suite.

"Well he seems nice." Jeongyeon smiles as she takes a seat overlooking the stadium

"Yeah, he's great." Dahyun says taking a seat "He also knows so much about football!"

"Well I'd hope so, he's a professional." Mina joked, taking a bottle of water from the mini fridge.

"Hey guy sorry we're late." Jihyo says, walking in followed by Nayeon and Pinky manager. "Oh, where's (Y/N)?"

"He had to go, he's actually right there I think." Chaeyoung points down to your team warming up on the pitch.

"Damn, I was really looking forward to meeting him." Nayeon pouted as she plopped onto the couch.

"I'm sure you'll have a chance after the match." Chaeyoung said.

"Hopefully..." Nayeon muttered.

"Okay everyone bring it in!." One of the coaches yelled.

All eighteen of you stop what you're doing and head back into the dressing room for the final pre-match meeting. The starters were changing into their kits while everyone else was switching to a clean set of jerseys.

"Today is the first game of the season, our fan's traveled to support us. We go out there today to show them what to expect this season!" Your manager shouted, hyping up the locker room as you sat there enjoying the moment.

"We all know the plan today, get out there and win it for the fan!"

The locker room erupted as everyone was excited to get out onto the pitch and win the game. The benches of both teams came out of the locker room first and filled up their seats, the fans in the stadium were erupting for the first game of the season. Unfortunately you knew that they weren't exactly cheering for you since you were playing away this game.

You took a seat on the bench making yourself comfortable before looking around the stadium, admiring the scenes unfolding before you.

It wasn't as grand as your home stadium but the architecture really intrigued you, it had an open design that you really loved. You just stared around as the crowd chanted in the background. The feelings of your first time in the Emirates started coming back to you as you felt a lump form in your throat.

"You getting nervous?" You hear your teammate say to you, giving you a light bump on the shoulder.

"Hmm? Maybe a little, a debut is always nerve-wracking isn't it?" You smiled. "But I'm excited too, I hope we can win today."

"Oh look the teams are coming out!" Jeongyeon shouts, grabbing everyone's attention.

"We know, there's a TV in here." Nayeon laughs pointing at the very obvious TV in the room.

"Yeah but it's not the same as watching it in person." Jeongyeon retorted with Mina nodding in agreement.

"Hey, where's (Y/N)? I don't see him on the field." Chaeyoung questions, looking at the TV in search for your name.

"He's not in the starting line up." Mina answers.

"..."

"It means he is on the bench, they probably don't think he's ready to start." Mina continued when she saw Chaeyoung confused, poor Chaeyoung, living with a bunch of football fans when she doesn't follow it herself.

"Ohhh, well I hope he gets to play." Chaeyoung smiled before turning back to the TV.

---------------------------------------------------------KICK OFF----------------------------------------------------------

0'

The referee blew the whistle announcing the start of the game. Your team started with the ball, starting off by retaining as much of the ball as we could. They were inviting the pressure as they kept passing the ball between the holding midfield and the center backs.

The plan was to bring them in and hit them on the counter, especially early on in the game where it could effect their mentality for the rest of the game.

12'

Your teammate gets the ball in near the center of the field before taking a quick turn and playing your striker through on goal with a beautiful pass that unlocked the opposition defense.

Your striker takes the extra touch, giving him acres of space in front of him with another teammate to his left. He looks up to see the enemy keeper being indecisive about where to go, taking a breath he gets closer to the box, doing a simple step over, faking the keeper and having and easy tap-in.

FC Seoul (1-0) Incheon United

Your whole team jumped in celebration of the goal along with the away fans that were roaring in happiness. This was matched by the home team's moans and groans of disappointment having to watch their keeper pick the ball out of the back of his net barely ten minutes into the season.

"Yeah!" "Did you see that goal?!" "The goal? The pass was way better!" "Maybe this is why (Y/N) isn't in the starting lineup." Needless to say, Twice also enjoyed the goal. Some of them hadn't really ever watched a game of football so this was an exciting first game.

37'

The game was gearing up to be a very one sided affair, with FC Seoul having the majority of possession and creating most of the chances. They were building up a lot of confidence when a corner for FC Seoul was crossed in and cleared away by Incheon United. FC Seoul found themselves being caught on the counter with only a few defenders back.

It was a three on three coming onto your half of the field when the Incheon midfielder finds a pass just as beautiful as the on your teammate found earlier in the game, leading to a 1-on-1 with your goalkeeper. The player fires a shot off towards the bottom left of goal with your goalie too slow to stop it.

FC Seoul (1-1) Incheon United

The entire stadium erupted into a roar of excitement as Incheon equalize the score. You're left only holding you head in your hands as you were too embarrassed by your team's atrocious defending.

"How are they letting that in?" You whined as you hear your teammates moan in agreement, despite how good the pass was the defend was just absolutely horrid.

"What was the defender doing?!" Jeongyeon screamed when she say the goal.

"How did they let that happen?" Mina added on, visibly saddened by the goal.

42'

Incheon have the ball again and are working it into the box. They're playing quick passes between each other trying to work it into a shooting position. The Incheon striker takes a dribble on the edge of the box, doing a few skills and drawing your defender into a tackle.

"Oh no." You mumbled to yourself as soon as you saw what was happening.

As soon as your teammate took a step into the attacker, he dove to the ground, clutching his leg like it had been run over by a car. The ref blew his whistle pointing to the spot, despite the best efforts of your team to appeal the penalty the ball was place on the spot.

The entire stadium goes silent as the penalty taker steps back and takes in a breath. Taking a few stutter steps before running up and hitting the ball into the top right corner, sending your keeper the wrong way

The stadium erupted once more with the scoring player running over to the stands to celebrate with the fans. Leaving your team and supporters in disarray, you had thrown your water bottle in frustration.

FC Seoul (1-2) Incheon United

The rest of the half was very sluggish from your side, it seemed like you were just trying to get to half time to get rest and have the new plan implemented. The whole team was feeling the dread of going from 1-0 to being down 1-2.

Half Time'

You were the first one into the dressing room taking a seat in the back, knowing full well that the players would be heated and you we're trying to get involved.

"What the fuck was that!" You hear someone yell as they walk into the dressing room.

"Why would you slide in?" Another yelled.

"Maybe if we had some cover for the back he wouldn't be in the position!" The conversation was getting overly heated at this point when you se the manager storm in.

"Sit down and listen up." He says, not yelling, but a voice full of authority making everyone stop and listen.

"Why are you arguing about what just happened?" He asks the few members of the team that are still heated. "Are you going to go back in time and change it?"

"What's going to happen is that we're going to bring (Y/N) and Chuyoung in for the second half. Keep the mentality of the first half, suck them in and hit them on the break, we have quick players and we can destroy their defense again. Do you understand?"

"Yes Sir!" Everyone yelled, before getting back to talking in small groups to trying a solve their woes.

You sit down preparing yourself to get into the game and make a difference, you didn't get a lot of chances at Arsenal so you knew that you had to make everyone one count. You put your headphones on to help you get into the zone, turning on 'I Can't Stop Me' by Twice, it was funny thinking about how you would always listen to them before game to actually inviting them to one of your games.

"(Y/N)." You look up to see your manager ahead of you. "You're not feeling nervous are you?"

"Maybe a bit, but more of it is making my debut instead of the score." You said, taking off your headphones. "I'm excited to get out there though."

"That's good to hear, I really want you to focus on getting through the back line and either crossing it in or taking the shot. I know you have quite the foot on you."

"I'll make you proud." You say before the changing into your jersey and lacing up your cleats.

45'

You walk out onto the pitch with a roaring applause greeting you. You can feel your heart beating harder than earlier, the occasion was really getting to you. You look towards the player boxes up in the stand, specifically where you thought Twice was, and gave them a nice smile hoping they saw.

You hear the referee blow the whistle signaling the start of the second half, immediately you spirit towards the ball making the opponents know your presence, they are barely able to scramble the ball away, showing you that they're not ready to see what you bring.

79'

That's what you thought would happen, in reality the second half was filled with a lot of running and ruined chances, you were doing all you could to help your team get back into the game. Pass after pass, either your teammates didn't convert your chances or the keeper was just too good.

Frustration was starting to build within you, you could feel the time passing by, who knows how much time you had left to win the game, that added with you basically handing chances on a silver platter that nobody scored from.

"Come on!" You yell. "Make the run!" You pointed in front of you with the ball at your feet.

"Fine I'll do it myself." You mumbled before starting to run towards the defenders. Running straight at one you switch the ball to your right foot before cutting it sharp through the four defenders

You hear the away fan roar as you cut through four defenders into a perfect space in front of goal, you fake the shot with your left before chipping it right over the floundering keeper for an easy goal.

As soon as the ball crosses the line you run towards the corner flag sliding with a teammate to your side, giving the flag a slap as you near it. You feel your team jump onto you as you stand up facing the fans.

FC Seoul (2-2) Incheon United

"That's more like it!" You yell towards the fans.

"Lets go!" "What a goal!" You team yells as you walk towards the a halfway line, not before looking into the camera with a smirk and giving it a wink for good measure.

"That's should rile up some fans." You thought to yourself as you prepare for the game to resume.

91'

You look to the side to see the official showing 2 minutes of added time, you curse to yourself knowing that you didn't have much time to score again and there was no way you were leaving your first game without a win.

Looking for anyway to break into their half you ask for the ball in front of your box before quickly passing it out to the right and sprinting forward with all your might. You kept running until you noticed that the ball wasn't being played towards you, stopping your run you see that your right back had passed to back to your center backs who in turn cycled it back to your keeper.

"Damn it." You say before moving back towards the middle of the field, that's when to your surprise the keeper boots the ball up the left side of the field to Chuyoung who was left in a 1-on-1 with the defender.

He kicks the ball deep into the other half, confident that he would win on pace. He nears the left corner when cuts back in an attempt to fake out the defender who was sliding in, unfortunately Chuyoung was caught in the slide, dropping to the floor with a yelp of pain.

There was a second of calm before a storm of people were rushing over to them, pushing and shoving each other around, you were one of them. He might only be your teammate for a season but he was a teammate nonetheless so you ran straight up to the defender and got into his face.

"What the fuck was that?" You yelled.

"Fuck off kid, you don't know who you're messing with." He said, giving a shove that caught you off guard, forcing you to fall over.

The teams erupted into a 'fight', you say fight but it wasn't really, it was more a shoving and yelling match considering nobody wants to get sent off in the 90th minute of a match. Eventually the ref is able to settle everyone down, not before handing out a few yellow cards, one of which was to you although you thought you didn't do anything wrong.

Regardless, he awarded you a free kick right on the left edge of the box, you stand over the ball with Chuyoung to your side and every other player in the box, even the keeper had come up for this one.

"They're probably expecting us to cross it into the box right?" You whisper to Chuyoung

"Yeah... why?"

"What if I just took the shot instead?"

"You think you can score from there?" He questions, looking down at the ball, he was right, the angle was a little too sharp for you to feel confident with the shot.

"No, but I can from there." You gestured a little bit into the box. "So here's the plan."

The referee sounds the whistle signaling you to get on with it, Chuyoung stands about 5 yards into the box while you're over the ball. You give it a light tap towards him, where he stops the momentum allowing you to run forward, hitting the ball as curved as you could.

You watched as the two defenders in front of you desperately try and jump in the direction of the ball to no avail, the ball wrapped around them and headed into the back corner of the net, past their keeper desperately trying to keep it out.

FC Seoul (3-2) Incheon United

You hear everyone stop for a second as you started sprinting around the edge of the field screaming like you just won the world cup. Eventually you notice your teammate running after you, forcing you onto the ground as everyone dogpiles onto you, even the bench was getting in on it.

As everyone cleared off of you, you felt both admiration from your supporters and the glares of opposing fans and players a like. You couldn't help but have a smile plastered across your face knowing you won the game for your team and that Twice was watching and hopefully impressed with what you did.

You get set for the other team to kick off again but there wasn't much to do, as soon as the kicked the ball the ref sounded the whistle signaling the end of the game. You heard your team cheer and you watched the other team drop to the floor in defeat, you walked around the field greeting all the players and staff of Incheon United thanking them for a great game.

As you made your way down the tunnel you were stopped by one of the staff members asking you if you could do the post match interview, to which to happily obliged to, following them to a seclude part of the stadium where you found a reporter and a camera operator.

"Hi, I'm Choe Sang hun it's a pleasure to meet you." He says extending his hand.

"(Y/N), Nice to meet you." You say shaking his hand.

"Are you ready to start?" Sanghun asked.

"Of course."

"3..2..1... Start." He said, pointing towards the camera. "Amazing game tonight (Y/N). How does it feel to score two amazing goals on your debut?"

"Ah, it's an amazing opportunity to make my debut at this club made all the better by scoring twice." You chuckled.

"Speaking of Twice, they were spotted entering the stadium today. Over the past week you've been seen with a lot of their members, is there possibly something between you and them?"

"You're starting to sound like Dispatch." You laugh. "But to put it simply we're just friends, I am still yet to meet all of them so there is definitely nothing happening."

"I see, with that we have one final thing on our list." Sanghun says, reaching onto the floor and picking up a small trophy which he hands over to you. "You've been voted Man of the Match on your first official game for the club. How does that feel?"

"Wow, I'm at a loss for words. I can only say thank you to my teammate for allowing me to win this, I hope I can help us win many more matches like we did today."

"Thank you for that (Y/N)."

"Thank you." You say before making your way back to the dressing room to the warm reception of your team.

"Did you see that free kick?" Jeongyeon was still bouncing off the walls from your audacious goal deep into stoppage time.

"Who does he thing he is?" Mina laughed at he ridiculous the plan way.

Twice was currently waiting for you to arrive after the game, they had been told that you would be here to meet with them after you finished your interviews so they had been waiting and enjoying the free food that was provided.

Chaeyoung, Jihyo, and Nayeon were watching the commentators speaking about the game, being less into football than the other three they were having a good time watching professionals talk about the game whole Dahyun, Mina, and Jeongyeon were having their own debate on the side.

"Despite how good he was, all of that came in the final 20 minutes, he was basically invisible for half of it." Mina pointed out.

"What do you expect, he's a playing his first game in a new league, of course he's not gonna hit the floor running." Jeongyeon defends you.

"And besides he's probably used to Aubameyang making the runs, there's going to be a skill gap between his teammates." Dahyun adds.

"Maybe it's because he played for Arsenal but I expected him to come into the team hot." Mina says, slouching back into her seat.

"He did come in hot, did you see that wink?" Nayeon mentions

"Nayeon!" Jihyo says, giving Nayeon a slap on the arm.

"What? You can't tell me you weren't thinking that too!" Nayeon whines, rubbing her shoulder.

Jihyo didn't want to admit it but Nayeon was right, she thought you were very... attractive when you winked into the camera after your first goal. In fact all of them had thought the same thing, the image of your smile was etched into their memories, at least for the near future.

Soon enough it was like their wishes were granted as you opened the door, peeking your head in to see everyone turning to face you. You had just gotten out of the shower so your hair was a little damp, reminding the girls of your antics towards the camera, immediately causing some of them to blush or turn away.

"Sorry for the wait guys, I had to take a quick shower after the game." You said walking in with your backpack.

"It's no problem (Y/N), congratulations on the win." Jihyo says.

"Thank you, it was really exciting towards the end." You joked.

"Yeah! That free kick was actually something else. where'd you learn to do that?" Dahyun says, jumping out of her seat.

"Ah well Pepe loves doing stuff like that in training back in London so I thought I'd try it out." You laughed scratching your nape as you do.

"You were so cool doing it, you looked so confident!" Dahyun continued as you just laughed it off.

"I'm grateful for the praise but it's the team that won not me."

"You're too modest (Y/N), what are your plans for the rest of today?" Nayeon asks approaching you.

"Um, I'm just planning on resting, we already got the debrief from the match and tomorrows just a recovery day so I just go in whenever for them to check on me and do the usual." You said, walking over to the table grabbing a few pieces of watermelon as a snack.

"If you're not busy do you wanna hang out with us tomorrow?" You snapped your head when Nayeon asked that, choking on the watermelon a bit.

"Um.. if you're all okay with that. But don't you have schedules?" You ask.

"Yeah, but I'm sure you're allowed to come with, right Pinky?" Nayeon says, turning on her aegyo when she asks.

"Well.. we'll have to speak to the higher ups to see. No promises." Pinky manager says before going onto his phone, presumably calling the 'higher ups'.

"In the mean time lets head to the car, we have to get ready for tomorrow." Jihyo says signaling her members to leave.

You lead the way towards the door, holding it for all of them as they pass by you saying their thank yous and goodbyes. You thanked all of them for coming when you noticed Mina stopped before the door.

"Hey, is something wrong Mina?" You asked, noticing that she was looking down towards the floor.

"Um.. I was just wondering about something..." Mina said, shifting from side to side.

"Yeah what's up?"

"Could... I possibly, maybe, you know, could I cometoadayoftrainingwithyou?" Mina spat out the last part so quickly before covering her face with her hands.

You laughed to yourself at how cute she was, being all shy when you were the one that should be shy. It seemed like a fever dream these past few days, from signing with Seoul to meeting Chaeyoung and subsequently the rest of Twice, now here you were with a Man of the Match award and Myoui Mina asking to come to training with you.

"I'll talk with the team and see what I can do okay?" You smiled.

"Really?" She was beaming with excitement, she looked up at you showing you her gummy smile.

"Really."

"Pinky promise!" She said, sticking her pinky towards you.

"Oh." You were caught off guard by her childish albeit adorable action. "Pinky promise."

You took her pinky and then connected your thumbs, locking the promise. After that she waved you goodbye before joining up with everyone else. You met up with them one more time to say goodbye and to see what the plan would be for tomorrow.

Pinky manager says that although you are permitted to attend schedules with them, he advised you to keep a low profile to avoid anymore unnecessary attention, you agreed obviously not wanting to add any unneeded drama to their lives. You agreed to meet them after you went in for a post match assessment to go on whatever adventure awaited you tomorrow.

That night you found yourself lying in bed, looking up at the ceiling thinking about what a wild ride it's been, and just how fortunate you were for there to be issues with your flight and how that brought you the opportunity to meet Chaeyoung. A chance encounter like that turned into what you would consider a budding friendship with nine of the most famous people in all of South Korea and probably the world, and nine people who you admired and respected.

You close your eyes and wonder what they were getting up to, it was only about 10 pm so they were probably up and doing lord knows what. You wanted to think about what you would be doing tomorrow but the match had drained so much out of you that you couldn't even keep your eyes open, slowly you drifted off to sleep.

About 5 miles away from your apartment there were five girls sitting around in a circle, Mina, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, Jihyo, and Nayeon were discussing what would happen tomorrow. Momo and Sana were resting after their schedules today and Jeongyeon and Dahyun were to be a JYP working on the new album. The five of them were supposed to go and appear on radio shows and some TV appearances.

"So if he's coming with us, does that mean we're picking him up?" Tzuyu asks.

"No, the training center is kinda far out for us to be able to get to him and all the studios on time." Jihyo answers, slurping up her ramen as she did.

"So he's coming here?"

"I suppose so." Nayeon remarks taking a bite out of Jihyo's ramen.

There was a moment of silence between them, they all were thinking, well maybe four of them were thinking. Without a second thought, Nayeon, Jihyo, Mina, and Tzuyu shot up and started cleaning everything in sight, the cupboards, the tables, the bathrooms. Everyone but Chaeyoung was diligently cleaning the dorm they were in, Chaeyoung on the other hand sat there and enjoyed the remainder of the ramen, if she considered you a friend she had no issue showing you how she lived.

That being said, their dorms were unusually clean that night, much to Jeongyeon's delight and much to Sana, Momo, and Dahyun's confusion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I finished this chapter way earlier than I expected. I'm really grinding out chapters as of late and I hope I can get a lot out before it drops off. It was a lot of fun writing the game though, but what do you think about the gifs? Do you like them or do they kinda ruin the story?

Btw we sign Martin Ødegaard and beat Southampton we're coming for you United. But why the fuck did Chelsea sack Lampard? How dumb could you be?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 228 13
Y/N a quiet and reserved 4'11 girl and Dahyun a very bubbly and cheerful 5'2 girl, What secrets will be revealed between the two? What'll happen to Y...
6.2K 124 10
You are in a very wealthy family but your uncle from Korea asks you to come up to help him with his company and be his assistant. You meet some very...
21.9K 809 30
Hirai Momo worked as a dancer for many years but decided to change her course in life and started attending a culinary school to pursue a new career...
20.7K 257 15
Twice x Male Y/N (18+) (Sequel to My Only One) Y/N comes across a injured girl and helps her along the way, little did he know, it was someone he's b...