PURPOSE | The Mandalorian

By reaganhight

"You have me. Until every star in the galaxy dies, Din Djarin, You have me." ---- Jeyna Ryn comes from a lon... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XXXX
XXXXI
XXXXII
XXXXIII
XXXXIV
XXXXV
XXXXVI
XXXXVII
EPILOGUE
NOTE

XXXIII

2.9K 116 15
By reaganhight

Satisfaction speared through my veins when her eyes widened even farther, her Adam's apple bobbing up and down as she swallowed. Then she turned around and nervously sprinted after Mayfeld.

I turned back to face the oncoming droid, and even through it was closing in fast, I still heard Din suck in a nervous breath just before he yelled, "Duck!"

I did as he instructed, diving out of the way just as the droid closed the distance. I tucked and rolled, and once I got to my feet again I saw that Din had used the tether in his vambrace to pull the droid against the cell wall. I used the droid's distraction to charge, pointing the tip of my blaster under its chin and blowing it's central processing unit into a thousand tiny little pieces.

Behind the door, I heard Din grunt as he released the tether. Then his helmet peered around the bars as he asked, "Are you okay?"

I scoffed. "I've never been better," I cheered facetiously, rolling my eyes as I ripped off the droid's arm and used it to unlock the cell door.

As soon as the door opened, Din shot forward, and our armor clinked together when he pulled me into a tight embrace. I immediately flung my arm around him to keep myself from losing my balance, but quickly melted into the embrace, burrowing my visor into the crook of his neck.

"You scare me sometimes," He said quietly after a short moment, and despite the blaring alarms, I heard him perfectly. I chuckled as I released my hold on him, motioning for him to follow me back to the control room.

"C'mon," I said smugly before taking off into a run, "Let's make this interesting."

Din sprinted right behind me as we approached control room. I slowed to a predatory prowl, leaning up against the wall once we made to the entrance. Din pressed himself to the wall beside me, checking to make sure none of the crew or the droids that were stalking the halls were following us.

I peered inside, giving Din the all clear when the only body in the room I saw was Davan's. The poor guard was still laying on his back, his blood staining the entire front of his uniform. It was even smeared across all the pristine white tiles.

"Poor kid," I whispered to myself as Din passed me to stand in front of the control panels. But I quickly stepped over the body, staring down at the buttons on the control panels before me, wondering in slight amusement how I wanted to make this hunt more fun.

But Din had already begun pressing buttons, switching off all the main lights and closing all the main doors. I let myself glance at the security footage that was playing on the screens to my right, smiling to myself as a door closed between the crew, splitting their group in half. Qin and Mayfeld on one side of the door and Xi'an and Burg on the other. Both Twi'leks banged on the door, obviously upset that they had been split up. But I could only laugh as the emergency lights began to flash between white and red, causing all four of them to descend into a panic.

"You go after Qin and Mayfeld," I said to Din, still staring at the footage on the wall as both groups began running again, desperately trying to find their way out of the maze of cell blocks without Zero's help. I felt a smirk cross my lips as I continued with the promise of violence in my voice, "Xi'an and Burg are mine."

————————————————————————

Din had stalked out of the control room about ten seconds ago, but before I began my own hunt, my hands were plunged into the cool river of the Force. I froze completely, letting the Force overcome me and guide me to my next move.

Wait.

Obeying its command, I glanced back at the security footage and noticed that Burg was closing in on the control room. My tongue flicked over my bottom lip in anticipation, and I nonchalantly leaned my hip against the control panel, crossing my arms over my cuirass.

I patiently waited for the Devaronian to round the corner, and once the big brute revealed himself in the doorway, I smiled and crooned, "Miss me?"

Then I sprang into action.

Letting out a battle cry to rattle the stars, I jumped up and grabbed ahold of his outstretched arm, using my momentum to swing myself around his shoulders and wrap my legs around his neck. I squeezed my legs as tight as I could, and after a few seconds of his attempts to throw me off of him, he fell to his knees.

Just when I thought I was about to give him the death he almost gave me, he threw himself against the nearby panels, pinning myself between him and the wall. Using his pure strength, he pressed me harder and harder into the wall until my shoulder, which was taking the brunt of the force, popped out of place. I let out a strangled cry as I released him immediately, scrambling to my feet as I grasped my arm with my other hand. Sucking in a sharp breath, I held in another cry of pain as I shoved my arm back into the shoulder socket.

This wasn't the first time I had to relocate a joint, but that didn't make the pain any easier to bare. Cradling my injured arm against my chest, I staggered away from Burg as he regained his bearings.

Exhaling sharp and pointed breaths, I frantically searched around for a way to defeat the brute without the use of my left arm.

And when my eyes landed on the control panel to the door, I had my answer.

Not even bothering to think about the cameras, I raised my palm in Burg's direction, directing the chaotic current of the Force around him and forced him towards the doorway. The Devaronian furrowed his brows when he began to move in the opposite direction he wanted to go, growing more and more frantic when he began to realize what was happening.

"Jedi!" He bellowed, his deep voice rattling my brain and carrying throughout the entire prison transport. It made me wince.

"That's right, asshole," I bit out, biting my bottom lip against the pain in my shoulder, "I am a motherfucking Jedi."

As soon as Burg was in the doorway, I slammed my hand down on the button that closed the doors to the control room. The top door came crashing down onto his shoulders, but I severely underestimated Burg's strength. He caught the door on his back and was even able to lift it up, despite the hydraulics of the door forcing it down.

This little kink in my plan only phased me for a moment. A smirk to rival the devil spread across my lips as I slowly reached for the control panel again, and Burg's own smile faltered as my finger hovered over another button.

"I'd say I'm sorry," I called to him as he shouted angrily, using all of his strength to keep the door from crushing him, "But I think we both know I'm enjoying this way to much to be sorry about it."

Then I pressed the button with my finger, laughing as the side doors slammed shut. A loud crack resounded as both of his horns broke off, flying in my direction. One clattered to the floor in front of me, but the other flew straight through the air, and my hand few up to catch it. Once my fingers wrapped around the severed horn, a dark laugh escaped my lips.

"Too easy," I muttered with a smile, pressing the button to open the doors again. Burg laid unconscious on his back, a slow trickle of blood seeping from both of the stumps where his horns used to be. Bending down, I allowed myself to take some of Burg's life-force to heal my arm. The Devaronian grunted in his unconscious state as some of his health was transferred to me, but I didn't care. He was unconscious. He had extra health to spare.

I moved my arm around, wincing when it twinged when I moved it to hard or to fast. But it was healthy enough to use in battle, so I would just have to live with the little twinge of pain. It's not like I haven't had to fight for my life with injuries before.

I quickly glanced back to the security footage. I noticed two figures on one of the screens and watched intently as Din prowled after Mayfeld down the length of a long corridor.

My jaw dropped. The scene was magnificent. The red and white flashing alarm lights reflected off of Din's armor in a way that made the butterflies in my stomach flutter, and his cape snapped behind him as he closed in his prey at the end of the hall.

Then the screens went completely black for only a moment, and when they flickered back to life, a faint scream echoed down the hall as they both disappeared.

My eyes flicked to another screen, and my sneer widened when I realized it was Xi'an prowling the halls by herself, two knives brandished in her hands.

"Time's up," I whispered to myself, unholstering my blaster as I exited the control room. Once I was outside, I blasted the outer panel to the doors, sealing the doors shut from the outside.

"I'm coming for you."

———————————————————

I stole Burg's blaster off his unconscious body, as well as pocketing the tracking beacon. A certain plan had unfolded in my mind, and I had the feeling Din would be all too happy to follow through with it.

Keeping my footfalls as quiet as possible, I stalked after Xi'an with both blasters aimed in front of me. I approached another junction, and when I peered around the corner, Xi'an was there, waiting for me with the sharpest sneer I had ever seen plastered on her face. Twirling both of her knives between her fingers, she called out, "I really hoped you were the other one."

I chuckled over the blaring alarms, and the Twi stiffened slightly. "You didn't think you were going to be that lucky, did you?" I crowed before I whipped my blasters in her direction, firing off a few warning shots. The bolts whizzed past her, but I had to give her credit when she didn't flinch.

She flashed me another ugly sneer, swiping her tongue across her fangs. "I'll make sure to give your friend your helmet," She threatened, "As a token of my forgiveness."

I just laughed, slowly lowering my blasters. As my confidence coursed through me, I called to her again, "You're going to have to kill me first."

The Twi just chuckled darkly. "Gladly," She agreed, her body jerking into motion as the flung one of her knives at me. I easily blocked it with a swipe of my arm, the blade clattering away harmlessly as it bounced off my vambrace.

Xi'an attacked again, and this time I had to deflect two blades she threw at me with my vambraces. I crossed my forearms in front of me in an X shape, letting both blades fall unceremoniously to the ground as I continued my daring approach. I kept my eyes focused on her has she twirled and let loose another blade. I immediately ducked and rolled, letting the knife fly over my head as I wrapped my fingers around one of the blades on the ground.

Once I rolled onto my feet, I let the knife in my hand fly. But during my roll, I lost sight of her movements and didn't have time to feign the next blade the threw at me.

Her aim was perfect. The knife would have killed me, sinking right into my heart had I not been wearing my beskar. But the blade shattered upon impact with my cuirass, splintering into hundreds of tiny little pieces.

Xi'an was not so lucky. The knife I threw sank deep into her upper leg, and she let out a blood curling scream. She collapsed and gripped her thigh, watching in horror as her blood begin to flow down her leg onto the tiles.

I quickly rose to my full height, but not before I plucked another one of her blades off the ground. Then I continued my approach, reveling in the true fear plastered on her face as she stared up into my unforgiving helmet.

Her face contorted into a snarl as she shrieked, "I hate you!"

I couldn't help the smirk that crossed my face as I crouched beside her. She tried to scoot away, but I clasped my hand around her neck to keep her in place.

As she sputtered and choked, I brought my other hand up to her face, letting the tip of the blade delicately run across her cheek.

"I'm not going to kill you," I said coarsely, and she flinched when I tapped the flat side of the blade against her check. "Do you want to know why?"

I felt her neck muscles twitch through my hand as she swallowed, and I continued in a deadly voice, "Because I think you'd hate me more if I left you do die in prison. But if you're lucky, maybe you'll bleed out before they throw you in a prison cell."

Then as quick as lightning, I stabbed the blade in my hand into her other leg. The Twi let out another ear-splitting scream, shrieking profanities at me as I left her in the middle of the corridor, bleeding and crippled and destined for a life prison.

"You'll pay for this!" She screeched as I reached the next junction.

Just before I turned to make my way back to the Crest, I glanced over my shoulder at her and let a disturbing chuckle escape my throat. "Actually," I called back to her in a sweet voice, "I think you're boss is going to pay me."

Xi'an's scream was music to my ears as I abandoned her in the middle of the hall, swaggering my way back to the Crest to meet up with my partner and get the hell off this transport.

***************************************
Word count: 2211

Okay I have to say, writing the fight scene between Xi'an and Jeyna has to be my new favorite scene. I got to take all my hatred for that Twi and take it out on her through Jeyna and it was AMAZING! Anyway, lots of action in this chapter, so I hope you all liked it!!

More ice came through last night, so I'm off of school again today, so more time to write for me!! Y'all are gonna cry when we get to episode 8 😢😭

Be sure to vote, comment, and share!

Ch 33 published: February 12th, 2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

955 22 15
The Mandalorian gets more than he bargained for when he takes a risky job in exchange for information on a Jedi. Preferring to work alone, he is frus...
5.9K 220 12
━ ❝𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦, 𝘥𝘪𝘯. 𝘸𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨.❞ OR ━ 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘴𝘴�...
174K 5.3K 22
You are a bounty hunter in the time of the Empire. The Empire is at its peak. Jobs are coming in left and right, and with you being one of the top bo...
426K 14K 85
Since the rebellion Kit has lived by one rule and only one rule, no attachments. After losing her mother, father and then having her best friend go i...