Stolen. Fallen.

By ladycrookshanks

As part of a dare he didn't want to partake, New was forced to rob a complete stranger by grabbing his phone... More

PROLOGUE
S. F. - 01
S. F. - 02
S. F. - 03
S. F. - 04
S. F. - 05
S. F. - 06
S. F. - 07
S. F. - 08
S. F. - 09
S. F. - 10: SIDE CHAPTER - KAO
S. F. - 11
S. F. - 12
S. F. - 13
S. F. - 14
S. F. - 15
S. F. - 16
S. F. - 17
S. F. - 18
S. F. - 19
S. F. - 20
S. F. - 21
S. F. - 22
S. F. - 23
S. F. - 25
S. F. - 26
S. F. - 27
S. F. - 28
S. F. - 29
S. F. - 30
S. F. - 31
S. F. - 32
S. F. - 33
S. F. - 34
S. F. - 35
S. F. - 36
S. F. - 37
S. F. - 38
S. F. - 39
S. F. - 40
S. F. - 41
S. F - 42
S. F. - 43
S. F. - 44
S. F. - 45
S. F. - 46
S. F. - 47
S. F. - 48
S. F. - 49
S. F. - 50
Epilogue
Side Chapter - PeteKao Part 1 of 3
Side Chapter - PeteKao Part 2 of 3
Side Chapter - PeteKao Part 3 of 3

S. F. - 24

2.6K 158 41
By ladycrookshanks

***

New.

Earth handed me a glass of water after making me sit on the couch in his office. After my announcement earlier, he didn't say a word and just guided me towards the couch.

"What happened?" he asked as he sat in front of me.

"Nothing. Why? Don't you want me anymore?"

I was kind of confused with his reaction earlier. Given the time he had invested in courting me, he should have been ecstatic, right? How could he be so passive about the whole thing??

"I know you, New. I literally spent every single day with you for the past ten months. Something happened."

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I stared at him. Was I that transparent for him to eventually notice?

"I hate how you can easily read me," I muttered and leaned back on the couch.

"How can't I when you were obviously panicking earlier. So, care to tell me?"

I stared at him for a moment, mentally weighing things. 

"He's back," I held my breath as I told him the reason I was acting all fidgety and anxious.

"When?"

"I-I don't know. But I'm sure, if he's not yet in Bangkok, he'll be back. He'll be taking over their company. I just read the invitation for the party when I called you earlier," I explained and I could feel my heart racing as I remembered reading his name embossed on that golden card.

"Is that why you agreed to being my boyfriend all of a sudden?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I stared at him. No matter how much he tried to hide it, the pain in his eyes was evident. And I felt guilty for causing him such pain. He didn't deserve any of this.

"I-I'm sorry," I muttered lowly as I looked down on my hands and started fidgeting with my fingers.

"New. Look at me."

I slowly lifted my head to meet his gaze. Surprisingly, he was smiling at me.

"Okay, I understand what you feel. But you don't have to pretend to like me, okay? If you need me to do something for you, just tell me. You don't have to force yourself to like me just to show him that you are doing okay."

I bit my lips and gave him an apologetic smile. In our friendship, Earth had always been the understanding one.  And he never failed to make me feel secure. 

"You can always refuse to attend the party."

"I-I can't. I'm gonna be representing our company and I'm sure my mom wouldn't like it if I won't attend."

"Then do you want me to come with you?"

"No. I mean. I think I can manage on my own. I guess it's time we met again. In the first place it was him who left without a single word. So, why should I be guilty. And besides, there was nothing between us," I held back my tears as my last sentence came out as a whisper, but I was sure Earth heard it.

"Okay. If that's what you want. I'm just a call away if you need me."

***

I could feel my hands shaking as I fixed the collar of my suit. It was the night of the party and I couldn't be more nervous.

I glanced at my mom who already got off the car and stood beside me.

"Be in your best behavior, New," she said coldly as she went ahead of me.

The lump in my throat made it difficult to swallow, but I just disregarded the feeling and followed her. I deserved her cold treatment anyway.

The event was held at one of the Vihokratana's hotels. It was different from the previous one, but the elegance it exuded was no different.

"Oh, Mrs Techaapaikhun, New, how are you? I heard about what happened. I'm so sorry for your loss," Mr Sompob, the owner of MS Holdings approached us. 

"We're just fine, Mr Sompob," my mom gave him a faint smile. We then excused ourselves. My mom went to her group of friends whilst I decided to grab some drinks to evade some businessmen who either asked about my father's death or the state of the company he left. 

I roamed my eyes around the hall, trying to spot the reason I was hesitant to attend the party in the first place, but I didn't see him.

"Ladies and friends, thank you so much for gracing this event. It is our pleasure that you have come to witness this very important event. And with that let's all give a round of applause to Mr Kasemchai Vihokratana!"

Tay's father then came on stage. It was then that I spotted Tay standing in front of the stage. He still looked the same, the same man whom I never thought I'd fall in love with. His hair just grew a little bit longer. But, he still looked the same...and I still feel the same.

I was pulled out of my own thoughts when the guests started clapping their hands and Tay went on stage to give his speech.

"Good evening, everyone. Thank you for being here tonight. As the new CEO of the Vihokratanas Group of Companies, I am thrilled about the many great things that we will be working on in the future. For the past years, the company has provided many services and opportunities to people. And as we embark on new journeys in the coming years, I hope to offer much more of these to the general public. To my family, thank you for entrusting me with this great responsibility. And to all of you who are here tonight, thank you for taking your time to share with us this memorable event. I look forward to working with you in the future. Thank you and enjoy the rest of the evening."

I swallowed the lump in my throat as he looked at the crowd and smiled. He stilled for a moment when his gaze landed on mine and I could see his smile slowly vanishing as he stood there staring at me.

I was literally holding my breath as we both stood there staring at each other. It seemed like the world stood still and we were the only ones left in the hall. 

And I hated the fact that my heart was beating fast like how it always did many months ago. 

I then turned on my heels to leave the hall for I knew that I wouldn't last another minute under his gaze. 

I took several breaths to calm myself the moment I entered the restroom. Thankfully, no one else was inside. I was about to call Earth to tell him what happened  and to ask him for help when the door suddenly swung opened. 

I mentally cursed as a panting Tay Tawan went inside and locked the door.

"New. How are you?"

I flinched the moment he touched my arm. The hatred that I had been keeping for him for the past months was starting to build up once again as we stood there in the middle of the restroom. 

I didn't answer. How bold of him to act like nothing happened after leaving without a word?

"New. I miss you," he muttered before grabbing me into a tight hug. 

I tried pushing him away, but my attempts proved to be useless as he would just tighten his arms around my waist. I just let him be. Not even moving a single muscle as he held me in his arms.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I held back my tears. We stood there for a couple of minutes. No one said a word. We just stood there with him hugging me. 

"Mr Vihokratana, can you please let go of me now," I demanded the moment I finally found my voice to speak.

"New..."

He slowly broke our embrace and completely let go of me. 

"Congratulations on being the new CEO, Mr Vihokratana. I have to go," I said lowly and headed to the door to leave, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him.

"New, we have to talk about us. I need to tell you something."

He sounded desperate but I didn't let him get past the emotional barrier that I had built for months. I maintained a straight face as I stared at him, showing him complete disinterest to whatever he wanted to say. 

"I believe there is nothing to talk about us, Sir. You're no longer my professor so spare me the lecture," I said nonchalantly. 

"New, please. Can you just listen to me first? Okay, I know I owe you a lot of explanation, so can-"

"Your explanation's way long overdue, Sir. And as I've said earlier there is nothing to talk about us."

He ran a hand through his hair and took a step towards me. I could sense his frustration and desperation all at the same time. He was about to say something else, but then his phone rang. I saw him gasp upon looking at his phone screen. He glanced at me and I could sense his hesitation of answering the call, but he ended up answering it anyway. Tsss.

"Hello, baby. Do you need anything?"

I scoffed as I heard him answer the call with such tenderness. Tsss. He really had the audacity to act such way in front of me after saying he missed me? 

"Hey, I miss you, too okay. Don't worry I'll be home soon."

 The scene unfolding in front of me was a bitter pill to swallow so I immediately turned on my heels and left the restroom. 

"New!"  I heard him calling me, but I didn't look back. I shouldn't look back or I would probably end up breaking down in front of him. 

I headed to the elevator so that I could eventually leave the place and get away from Tay who was following me closely. I was a few steps away from the elevator when it opened and revealed Earth. And for some reason, Earth's presence comforted me. 

"New!" Earth smiled widely as he walked towards me.

I could sense Tay behind me. So, without thinking of the possible consequences, I immediately walked towards Earth.

"Hon! What are you doing here? I told you to wait at home," I exclaimed before giving him a tight hug. 

Earth furrowed his eyebrows, probably confused with the way I was acting, but then eventually smiled and kissed me on the forehead. 

"Why? Can't I fetch my boyfriend now?" he giggled before tousling my hair. "Let's go?"

He then held my hand and lead me inside the elevator. 

I bit my lips the moment we got inside to prevent them from shaking. I tightened my grasp on Earth's hand as I watched Tay through the closing doors of the elevator.

"You're not okay," Earth said the moment the doors completely closed. 

And with that, I poured out the tears that I was holding back the moment I laid my eyes on Tay for the first time in 10 months.

***

"Mom! Don't tell me you're agreeing to this??" I threw the papers on the table due to my rage. 

"Why? It's not like you can save the company. The stakeholders are pulling out all of their shares. You failed your job as the CEO," she said coldly and it hurt me how she didn't show any sign of emotions. 

"But mooom. I told you I can do it. I can save the company. I still have two months. It's the last thing I have from dad. I just can't let it go!" I was desperate and at the same disheartened with how it was so easy for her to let go of the company they both worked hard for. 

I could see a tinge of pain cross my mother's face as I mentioned my father. 

"Then, the only way to save it is to sell it to the Vihokratanas. I've already talked to Tay Tawan about the terms. He wants to see you in his office tomorrow morning. And don't you dare disobey me, New."

I ran a frustrated hand through my hair as she left the room. 

I couldn't put into words how enraged I was when I saw the documents indicating that my mom had agreed to selling the company to the Vihokratanas. I mean, why would they take interest in a dying company? And what agitated me the most was the fact that Tay Tawan didn't even talk to me. I was the fucking CEO of the company!

Fuck you, Tay Tawan!

***

A/N: Hi there bubs! I saw y'all cursing Tay in the previous chapter. 😂 Anyway have a great day everyone. I hope you enjoyed reading this. 💙💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49K 2.7K 75
A fateful night, Two strangers, meet for the first time and maybe for the last, who knows? Will they meet again? Only time will tell. Tawan Vihokrat...
29.9K 1.9K 9
Tay didn't believe in love at first sight until he set sights on a man he couldn't not love NOTE: please do not repost my work without permission ❗️...
16.3K 1.2K 6
"I'll help you. I'll get you a boyfriend." Tay and New are roommates. Tay and New have an arrangement. It is strictly no strings attached. They lik...
142K 5.4K 18
Kao found himself in a tough situation. Pete was his high school bully. Now that they rolled together with the same gang in college, he had to deal w...