The Proposed Deal

By remixthestory

/BOOK 1 - PROPOSAL SERIES/ ••• "Your body language says you're enjoying yourself" Leo chuckled still glancing... More

◍ Prologue
◍ I. Coffee
◍ II. Familia
◍ III. Spesh
◍ IV. Girls
◍ V. Best Bud
◍ VI. Shower
◍ VII. Los Cielos
◍ IX. Morning
◍ X. Eye roll
◍ XI. Stunts
◍ XII. Men
◍ XIII. Risk
◍ XIV. Drive
◍ XV. Colors
◍ XVI. Volley Ball
◍ XVII. Elisa
◍ XVIII. Plans
◍ XIX. Dress
◍ XX. Idol
◍ XXI. Alcohol
◍ XXII. Host
◍ XXIII. Gaze
◍ XXIV. Shopping
◍ XXV. Burst
◍ XXVI. Metanoia
◍ XXVII. Football
◍ XXVIII. Kiss
◍ XXIX. Bracelet
◍ XXX. Fire
◍ XXXI. Waves
◍ XXXII. Broken
◍ XXXIII. Worth
◍ XXXIV. One
◍ XXXV. Punch
◍ XXXVI. Love
◍ XXXVII. Carnations
◍ XXXVIII. Mess
◍ XXXIX. Gala
◍ XL. Cariño
◍ XLI. Panic
◍ XLII. Time
◍ XLIII. Thunder
◍ XLIII. Wedding
◍ XLIV. Moon
◍ XLV. Epilogue
Book II
Book III

◍ VIII. Deal

1.1K 76 4
By remixthestory

//Preciosista , Los Cielos

Punctuality, the word was the virtue Leonardo always respected and abided by, both in his personal and professional life.

Punctuality is a sign of reliability and trustworthiness, and for Leonardo it meant respect. Respect for people, time, and oneself. The word isn't just a simple virtue or motto but it defined Leonardo Clemente.

Waiting for someone was usually not a Leonardo Clemente thing but giving her the grace of 2 minutes, Leo decided to wait for Aishwarya who was supposed to be here at 8 sharp but never reached.

Glancing at his watch, 8:03 pm he picked up his phone, Leo dialed his assistant Cruz, but shaking the thought out he stood from his place and started walking out of the secluded corner and straight towards the entrance but halted his pace when his phone vibrated in his trouser pocket, pulling the device, he walked to the open balcony of the hotel which looked over the beach, the calming sea and cold breeze hit his face, and he decided to answer the call.

The call took almost a few minutes and Leo walked out from there, reaching the glass doors his eyes found his guest for dinner, Aishwarya Joshi talking to the receptionist, Arianne.

Talking? No, it was a heated discussion.

"Why does she keep fighting my staff?" Leo muttered, thinking about this woman who he met twice in 4 hours and did unexpected things, be it a coffee shower or offering his Beach house to her.

Mentally groaning at his abrupt acts, he decided to pull the gate open hearing the bits from Arianne.

"...Senór Clemente will invite someone like you...." Arianne gulped down the rest of her words when Leo announced his presence.

"Miss Joshi" He stated in his ice-cold voice, Aishwarya visibly relaxed and turned to look at the receptionist who suddenly found the laminated desk far more interesting than the duo.

"Thank goodness You came, or else..." Aishwarya said, gazing halfway at Arianne "This lady here was wondering why will you invite someone like me" She raised her brow and gestured for Arianne, which she ignored by receiving the desk phone.

Aishwarya turned to look at Leo who had his stoic expressions, giving out nothing he was thinking. Aish gulped and gazed at the dark brown walls, Look anywhere but him Aish.

Arianne kept the receiver down and gulped, closing her eyes shut.

"You may clear your desk, Arianne; You no longer work here," Leo said in his impassive voice.

Arianne flipped her eyes open, her mouth agape "Se... Senór Cle...mente, I...I was just doing my job." She stammered; her eyes moistened.

"What? Why do you keep firing people?" Aish voiced out her thoughts and both Arianne and Leo turned to look at her.

"Not a word!" Leo snapped at her, Aish tried saying but was cut off "I'm not talking to you." He stated and Aish mummed with a glare at him.

"You don't make assumptions about my guests or who I like to invite, you are no one," Leo said menacingly, and Arianne visibly paled.

"I...I'm so...sorry" Arianne begged but Leo turned towards Aish who still was glaring at him.

"Now" Leo called for Aish's Attention "Let's talk miss Joshi" He took the step back, turning to walk inside, the glass doors were opened by the gateman who was missing before, frowned Aishwarya.

Aishwarya took small steps and entered the exquisite hotel Preciosista, the dark theme restaurant, with leather couch seats and glimmering fairy lights arranged on the roof ceiling, the place oozing magnificence and beauty.

Leo walked to the secluded corner and Aish followed him, he stopped near the dark brown wooden table and couch chairs, the golden centerpiece holding flowers and candles.

"This table" He gestured towards "is where we were supposed to have the dinner." Aish nodded "which now is forfeited," Leo said and Aish frowned.

"What? Why?" She asked "I was there on time, that receptionist whom you fired had me stalled for not bringing the ever-precious invitation to enter this place. I doubt even air needs invite to flow inside."

"I don't care why you were late, Miss Joshi" Leo pocketed his hands, ignoring her jab. Looking straight into her eyes. "What I care for is that this deal is off, go back, pack your bags and you can leave in the morning," Leo said glancing at his.

"Are you serious?" Aish whispered and yelled, "It was you who offered us your Beach house, I didn't come asking for it."

She bit her cheeks, controlling her words. "It is your staff's fault that I face inconvenience..."

"I've already fired those two, and I believe your account is credited with the refund, so it's settled." Leo smirked "You can get going, my company doesn't owe you."

"I can still sue you" Aish grind her incisors, fisting her hands at the side.

"Sure, Go ahead. You have no basis to sue us" He took a step near her "You were e-mailed about the cancellation 24 hours before the booking day and time, you not checking it, is your fault."

Aish gasped but covered it under her glare. She bit her lower lips trying to form an argument Why this brain stops working at the wrong time?

"Now if you excuse me, I'll like to be somewhere else than seeing you trying to form an argument." Leo closed his coat button, eliminating the invisible crease. He passed her and reached the turn when her words hit his ear.

"Is punctuality so important for you?" Aish asked "That you wouldn't think before tarnishing someone's company image? Is punctuality everything?" She turned to look at him, seeing his back.

Aishwarya folded her hands at her torso, embracing herself "What if I'm not punctual? I'm a human, who has flaws, I've my flaws unlike you, who...." Aishwarya stopped, shaking her head. "Never mind, you wouldn't have to see me ever again, Mr. Clemente, I'll take your leave."

She started walking past him, when she felt a hand holding her from walking, "Complete your words" he said in a commanding voice.

Aish turned sideways to look at him, wiggling her upper arm free from his hold "I don't intend to waste your time."

"Stop, complete your words Aishwarya" Aish stopped listening to her name, it weirdly sound good in his thick Spanish accent.

"Why?" She walked back the distance, standing in front of him "My words don't matter to you, Mr. Clemente."

"I want to listen," he said, looking straight at her, her blue eyes, reflecting the fairy lights.

"But I don't want to say, you can't force out my words." Aish stood her ground, not backing from her place.

"You are challenging me? You'll regret it." He smirked giving her a chance to back out.

"I assure you, I won't," Aish said as he walked closer with predatory short steps.

Leo wanted to raise his brows at the woman who was unfazed by him, standing at her place, her hands clasping her phone, not hard.

"You're a hard-headed woman." He narrowed his eyes at her.

"Not more than you." She pointed her eyes at him "who keeps firing people"

"Me firing my staff is none of your concern," Leo said slowly but words came out strong.

"You could have given them another chance? Humans tend to make mistakes." Aish argued.

Leo was surprised but never let the Expressions cross his face "You are saying this? They nearly damaged your company image and You want me to give them a chance?" Leo asked "And Arianne. She was insulting you and you are telling me to give her a chance?"

"She means nothing to me neither her insults, and I was handling her just fine." Aish reasoned.

"I saw you handling her just fine." Leo deadpanned and Aish scoffed.

"I don't entertain unprofessional people in my staff, Miss Joshi" Leo said but frowned "And why am I explaining this to you?"

"How will I know?" Aish shrugged.

Leo shook his head before glancing at his watch, just when the waiter walked towards them.

"Senór Clemente, Señorita. I am john. I will be your server for today." He greeted by placing the menu cards on the table, glancing at the duo who stood a little far away from the table, arguing.

"Please let me know when you are ready to order" He looked down and turned to walk away.

"The dinner is not hap..."

"We'll call you John," Leo said cutting her off, shutting her with a glare.

"You said it's canceled and now you told him 'We will call you'. Did you damage your brain cells?" Aish gritted her teeth, scowling at him.

"Shut up and take your seat" he commanded and walked towards the couch to pull it out for her.

"I'm leaving." Aish turned to walk out.

"You really are stubborn Miss Joshi." Leo shook his head and walked to her, grabbing her upper arm to stop her.

"It's the annual business conference this week in Miami, miss Joshi." Aishwarya frowned at the information.

"You'll get no accommodation in any of the hotels, but if you want to try motels." Leo left her arm, stepping back "You sure can leave."

"You. are. blackmailing. me!" Aishwarya gritted, her voice dangerously slow.

"You say? Do you want me to blackmail you?" Leo raised an eyebrow, asking her.

"You are a..." Aish was cut off.

"I know what I'm," Leo said with a hint of a smile "I don't want you to repeat it for me".

~~

Aishwarya couldn't stop herself but using all the curse words she ever learned or knew, muttering the gullible Marathi curses she glanced at the menu card, reading the names of dishes, the Preciosista offered, settling on a vegetarian dish that looked somewhat familiar she rested her hands back on her chest.

"Your body language says you're enjoying yourself" Leo chuckled still glancing at his menu card, getting no response he looked up to see the grumpy-faced Aishwarya who oozed out that she wants to be anywhere but here.

"Why do you want to make this difficult miss Joshi?" Leo sat straight, seeing her glaring at nothing particular. "Miss Joshi?" Leo called again for her attention who turned towards him.

"Stop calling me Miss Joshi." She snapped at him.

"Excuse me?" Leo glared.

"Or better just stop talking." Aish scowled at his glare which turned harder.

"You surely are testing your Limits," he said with a clenched jaw.

"You can Blackmail me and I can't say some words to you?" Aish asked incredulously "Wow, so much fair world is this." she said mockingly.

"Miss Joshi..." Leo zipped his lips as John walked in with the wine bottle ordered, placing the glasses and bucket on the table. He began to uncork the bottle, pouring the gleaming white wine expertly into the glasses he offered it to Aishwarya who smiled, muttering her gratitude, she sipped the liquid which felt like heaven on her tongue, and she glanced at Leo who took the glass with a nod and tasting the liquid. "Drishti"

John bowed to them, picked the menu cards, he took note of the dishes, and walked out, making Aish take another sip, closing her eyes to feel the liquid and heaving a small inaudible sigh.

"Let's talk about the deal you wanted to lay down and get down with it," Aish said breaking the silence and his iced glare.

Leo rolled the liquid in his glass, blinking slowly He said "I don't think you'll be the right person to do this."

"Great" Aishwarya exclaimed as a big grin broke on her face "These words were music to my ears Mr. Clemente, Thank you for saying these." Aish stopped herself from showing her happiness on the words, listening to him her shoulders felt light and she breathes freely.

Leo stared at her with an unreadable expression, clearing his throat he started again "You need to listen, before drawing out conclusions Miss Joshi."

The smile dropped from her face, worry lines getting back on her forehead "You said I'm not..."

"I remember my words." He deadpanned "But I don't have any other option other than you." He shrugged.

"Option? For what?" Aish frowned, the words leaving her lips immediately.

"Let me complete" He glared, taking a sip from the glass he placed back. "Drink" he gestured to her glass which was kept untouched after two sips, she looked unsure but sipped the liquid.

"I want you to act as my girlfriend"

The glass froze in the air, her eyes wide and liquid choking her throat. The series of coughs brought tears to her eyes, trying to subside her coughs, she looked up towards the roof, fisting her hand on the tissue papers, and she took deep breaths.

"Are you out of your mind?" Aish whispered yelled, her voice muffled by coughs, she cleared her throat and sipped water, which Leo passed her. "Girlfriend? you think I'll want to be your girlfriend?"

"You missed the act word there." Leo pointed to which Aish scowled.

"Even in fake, why will I be doing it for you?" Aish narrowed her eyes "And why me?" She gestured towards herself.

"Because no one knows you here, fake introductions won't be difficult." He shrugged "Secondly, it's a matter of 7 days, exactly the period you'll be staying here." He reasoned counting on his fingers.

"Still I...." Leo cut her off.

"Third, the press won't bother us, you can cover up as a tourist" Leo turned to look at John who walking with plates, gesturing for her to be quiet.

John placed the food in front of them both, greeting them with a bow he walked back, once out of earshot Leo started again "Last, I want to make my ex-fiancée jealous." looking at Aish from top to bottom "So the woman on my arms should be worth her attention."

Aish stared at him as the words registered in her mind "You think I'm worth attention?" She said with a hint of a smile.

"You surely draw attention with your actions, so yes." Leo accepted and Aish scowled at his words.

A smile curving on his lips as Aishwarya muttered "Jaṇū kāya tyānē lōkānnā gōḷībāra karūna lakṣa vēdhalē nāhī, iḍiyaṭa." (As if he doesn't attract attention by firing people, Idiot.) Aish looked up towards the roof "Bappā malā madata karā" (God help me please)

"Tumhī kāya hasata āhāta?" She glared at him who frowned at the words. (What are you smiling at?)

"I don't follow?" He said unsurely as her nose flared in anger.

Shutting her eyes, she muttered a small "Forget it".

"Let's eat then" Leo dug his fork into the plate, cutting a small portion of it, Aishwarya glanced at her plate which looked delicious but her stomach was in frenzy, can't she eat a meal in peace, hitting her lower lip she looked up to see him, who stopped eating feeling her gaze, placing his fork and knife down.

"What's wrong? You don't like it?" Leo asked and turn to look for their server. "You can order something else." He gestured for John.

"No, no" Aish shook her head towards John who nodded and walked back.

"Then?" Leo frowned.

"I was thinking," Aish mumbled slowly and Leo waited for her say.

"Do I really have to do it? And Why?" Aish asked, Leo opened his mouth to say something but She cut him off. "You said you want to make your fiancée jealous."

Leo nodded.

"Ex-fiancée, sorry." Aish corrected herself quickly and Leo glared at her.

"Thank you for reminding" He gritted the words out. Trying to say the words out rightly, he took a breather. "I want her back with me, I want to make her see what she has lost so that she can come to me."

"What if she stopped loving you? You will still want her back?" Aish asked with curiosity lying in her tone.

"I know she loves me, and so do I" Leo stated

"So why not go to her and clear everything? Profess your love" Aish suggested "Why do all this? What if this causes more misunderstanding than what already is there?"

"I know what I can and I can't do, just tell me if you'll do it or not?" Leo sipped his wine, waiting for her to answer.

"Do I even have a choice?" She deadpanned "If I say No, you'll blackmail me again" She scoffed.

"I wasn't thinking of doing that, but now that you think so worse about me, I will stand on your expectation." Leo shrugged and started eating again.

"Āpaṇa śānta rāhū śakata nāhī, abhinandana, ātā bōlata rahā āpaṇa tyācyā jāḷyāta aḍakalē āhāta" Aish slapped her forehead with her left hand and yelped at the pain which shot through her hand. (You can't keep quiet, well congratulations, keep talking now You've fallen in his trap)

"Careful, mujer" Leo muttered, shaking his head.

"Vēḍā māṇūsa" Aish scoffed.

"If you're done speaking in that alien language. Eat, Querida"

We reached double digits.
Can you believe this? Because I can't.
Do let me know, what you think.

I will wait to hear from you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.4K 2.4K 65
𝓗𝓲𝓼 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓽𝓮 ; 𝓗𝓮𝓻 𝔂𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀 ---•-- -- --- --- -• □■ Zeeshant Mehra, the owner and CEO of India's one and only money-making company. Col...
638K 40.5K 102
#2 in Indian on 09/22 Lovestories are fairytales where a prince charming comes on white horse ! Not really!! Sometimes it's a bit different! When one...
195K 11.1K 69
Copyrighted 2020 "Piccolina, don't give me that look." Leo's accent became thicker, more rugged as he spoke. He pressed Carmin against the door, quic...
115K 6.6K 46
BOOK 1 - YOUR SERIES . The one who was rude, arrogant, cold hearted used to melt when he was around the love of his life, vachi. Everyone knew about...