My story

By Danielcurcio87

I am fortunate to have documented the behind the scenes chat logs of people hell bent on 'canceling' me in Ju... More

Behind the scenes of Cancel Culture

7.1K 54 65
By Danielcurcio87

My name is Daniel Curcio. I've always enjoyed writing since I was a little. So, I decided I would take to Wattpad to tell my most recent story in my wild life. It's not pretty, but it's one that I simply cannot bottle up and keep to myself. I have been trying to deal with this situation legally for 10 months and now all my private documentation not yet shown to a soul besides my lawyers will be public domain. I also want to bring awareness to the toxicity of cancel culture. Something I knew nothing about before this. I've stayed silent since June, 2020. Ive taken months of reading agonizingly painful comments, blogs and tweets. I want these people to remember that you weren't just trying to get me fired, you were trying to take away a job and goal that I had been working towards since I could walk, a life of dedication. A destiny that I paid enormous dues to be able to do. I now see some of these same people coming for my friends and now is when you will see the filth that has been circulating behind the scenes of canceling me and some of my friends. Below is the documented account of my 'cancellation', with many screenshots of conversations and phrases that will haunt me forever.

I started pursuing music at age 7. My uncle being prominent in the Christian music industry allowed me to find my passion from a very early age. It took me 20 years, and 10 years of those touring, but I finally made my way into the music industry co-writing and playing on records. My ultimate goal. Not long after, some people came for the one thing I always thought to be indestructible. The one thing I knew would always be there to pick me up when I was down and keep me afloat, my character. Well, that too can be destroyed through slander and character assassination. They wanted me dead. Cast out.  In June of 2020 I was hurled into the midst of horrible accusations by a group of online assailants. Accusations that as time has gone on, has weighed on my mental health in ways I did not know fathomable. At first after everything was over I shrugged it off and couldn't see it for what it was, because it was so far from the truth I didn't think it would ever matter. But I started to realize people as a whole don't know what goes on inside my heart & mind. It was a weird realization but to most what would seem like an obvious one. I never knew there was a way to slaughter a persons entire fabric of their being. A mental & emotional attack with words, which I've learned are way more powerful than any physical pain. Claims and hatred that have brought me to the brink of complete madness within time. A type of post-traumatic stress I've developed from the terror from the dedication these people had to destroying my livelihood and social life, gives me nightmares almost every night. I now see some of these accounts coming for my friend and I am shutting it down and exposing them. My story starts in Sept of 2019. It is full of twists and turns that at times almost seem supernatural. Below is a screenshot of the beginning of their plot to destroy me. Completely unprovoked and out of the blue.

Bury him, and poor be Satan to deal with him.

In Sept of 2019 I had an ex girlfriend tell me over the phone "I tried to hire a hit-man to have you killed, but he backed out'. Completely startled I told her I was going to the police and hung up the phone. She quickly texted me stating that she was kidding, but I didn't believe her. However, against my better judgement I let it slide and moved on. Within that same month I received another phone call from the same ex-gf, continuously hell-bent on destroying me. She claimed this time that 'In 9 months your life is going to come to tragedy and destruction. Also,be careful in your car'. Now, being raised in a religious household, and still holding on to a lot of the same morals and beliefs I was raised on, this did not sit well. I got a really uneasy sickening feeling, one that now, is all too familiar. I said 'You have no control over my future, I am not receiving this'. She laughed and said 'That's not what my spiritual advisor said'. I hung up the phone completely startled and immediately began praying. It truly terrified me. Not long after I remember sitting on the tour bus with our drummer and confiding in him about this. He said 'Hmm, thats June 2020..we'll be on tour in North America, welp, hope we don't all die in a bus crash'. We laughed, shrugged it off and moved on. But for me, this feeling of fear and worry would simply not leave me. I found myself praying nervously from time to time as that thought of June kept popping back into my head.

Fast forward to March of 2020- We were in Europe selling out shows, it was the greatest few weeks of my life. Everything seemed to be coming together. I had regained a lot of strength in my life that had been lacking. I began taking care of myself. I remember just feeling so grateful for everything we worked for to be coming together. I worked so hard, and so long. I barely slept for 10 years of touring heavy. Couch surfing since my joining of Palaye Royale and living out of my car at times just to push for the success of the band. Traveling constantly, failed relationship after failed relationship, devoting everything to 'my' art- everything. It was around this time in March I met someone that is truly the reason I am still here, Sophie Sheehan.

Not long after tour began, things took a turn right when we started to get into Eastern Europe. Since touring there in 2013 it was my goal and dream for 7 years. I was absolutely thrilled. Coincidentally, a dark cloud fell over the world and venues, shows, and entire countries started shutting down. It wasn't long before tour was canceled right after we got to Poland. I headed to London to stay with Sophie. For the first time in my entire life I felt like I found a girl who truly cared for me and took care of me. As hard as it was for tour to be canceled, I was happy being with her. I had been emotionally damaged in a lot of ways the past few years. It was around this time I started going' live' more often on instagram and showing people the real me. I always kept to myself, but I was just grateful for everything in my life at this time. The fans, Sophie, and the record finally coming out. I had also been producing for the first time working day in and day out on an EP for a young artist named Min in London and it was actually turning out better than I could have imagined. It was keeping me afloat financially as well. So I had a lot to be grateful for.

This is when 'Cancel Culture' and the mass bullying reared its ugly head. It started early June 2020. I had just wrapped up shooting a music video for a song that I held close to my heart as it started as an idea and concept I had with a bandmate. I flew 14 hours to America and risked not getting back to Sophie in England due to Covid restrictions just to be in it. I was finally going to be riding a Dirtbike in a music video, a goal since I was a kid. This all started June 6th to be exact, which is symbolic to me, as I dedicated an entire trip to Normandy, France in 2019 to honor my Grandfather and late Uncle who landed there and stormed the beaches June 6th, 1944. My Uncle having sacrificed his life not far from Normandy beach. I have always been interested in WW2, which was part of why I loved seeing Europe more than anything in my life. I also didn't realize how dedicated I was to our family name till I had mine tarnished. I didn't even think it was possible to do that to someone. Especially when I consider myself a good and grateful person.

I was awoke this very day by a phone call from a friend telling me that there was a group chat trying to get people fired/canceled from the band and I was next on their assassination list. They had previously tried 2 others connected to the band but failed. I obviously was a target having been in the band longest. Leaving me the most vulnerable having had the most interactions with fans. I asked what they were going to accuse me of and my friend said 'trying to get with underage fans'. Which is an absolutely horrible thing to accuse of someone. I shrugged it off and said good luck, not knowing I was about to be dealing with absolute ravenous monsters of human beings. As far a I was concerned I had absolutely nothing to hide on that topic and it couldn't be farther from me. But I also knew nothing of Twitter. It wasn't long after I received a phone call from the band. I said I know, I'm aware, they're trying to cancel me.

So anyway it all started when a young girl who I later discovered to be an individual by the name of Ainily Reyes of Bronx, NY had been in my DMs, my comments, and flooding my live stream so consistently under the user name 'Brattyslut' I finally responded to one of their messages. The entire account was memes, sexual captions and no pictures of any real person, age or identification. By the inappropriate undertones of the way they spoke on my livestream I wouldn't put the account a day under 25. So after ages of berating me I responded by making a non- inappropriate joke about  a picture they had on their account. I then asked who they were and where they were from. They said 'I'm from NY and I'm 16'. At which point I never spoke to them again. Little did I know this person was on a mission from hell itself. This was all they needed to spark hysteria within the fandom using their age as a weapon. She cropped me asking their age and thats all the fans needed to see. I eventually, by the time it was too late, connected this account to over 20 user names dedicated to destroying me & slandering my name on Twitter & Instagram just for fun. Confirmed by the assassins mother who I connected with via phone after calling the police. Having 28 thousand followers at this time I have had thousands of interactions throughout the years, especially since I not only network on Instagram but I had my online teaching course as well. It was becoming apparent that these people wanted to really hurt me & spread a terrible narrative to my name. Meanwhile I keep to myself. It was the 'fans' going to my inbox looking for trouble. In every interaction mentioned in this write up, not one of these individuals did I message, but simply made the mistake of responding to. And for the record-I hate that some people get to abuse the title of 'fan' and use it along with their age as a weapon to harm me. You're not a fan, you're an assassin. I am such a loving person I never imagined this getting as big as it did, not in a million lifetimes. The last thing on my mind would ever be articles about me like the ones I've seen. In fact, no offense, but I am known for keeping my distance from the fans. Someone even tweeted "I knew he was no good when he didn't come out to meet fans'. Really? Could you blame me? You have to pick one. I can't want to be inappropriate with fans and also not want to be around them. It was simply hate & bullying by the end of this. Nothing more, nothing less.

So here is where things started picking up. The main instigators got a hold of my phone number and started harassing me from unknown numbers. Finally one got to me and I fired back. Wrong move. This was major fuel for their fire. The kid 'Hayden' then made a video of them crying saying 'Im underage and he cussed me out' and posted it to social media. How was I supposed to know who was on the other end harassing me? For all I knew it was one of my friends. This was now becoming a noticeable pattern of the group of assassins trying to start trouble using their age, so at this time rather than beg for them to stop (which I did briefly) as they started to humiliate me with their lies to my bandmates, I went completely dark. Didn't respond to any text, DM or anything. I remained calm but somehow this whole thing grew, the network & hysteria was spreading. The main assassin of all this 'Hayden' Perez had ran out of lies & stories eventually and ended up landing on a picture I took with them years prior, stating now, 2 years later after having that picture proudly up on their social media, that I 'squeezed their shoulder so tight they had bruises'. This went viral. Assailant #2 A. Reyes was now going to all my ex gf's trying to dig up damaging info on me. Constantly pushing the narrative of 'Daniel likes underage fans'. All of my exes defended me. Some extremely viciously. Well, she landed on my one scornful ex, who told A. Reyes I was a 'horrible person' and furthered lies. Yes, the same gf who was going to hire a hit-man to kill me. The same ex girlfriend who loves internet drama so much she watches youtube stars 'off screen feuds' on her free time. Lesson learned-Don't date strippers. A. Reyes quickly used the information to spread their slander to twitter & instagram. So now, with this brewing paranoia, a few other kids started commenting on Haydens viral tweet with all they could go by now that there was a humiliating accusation, garnering attention from the band. The way I looked at them. Asking their age before beginning an online bass lesson, a 'scary smile towards them while on stage'. How can I even see you with all the lights in my face. And what makes a smile scary? Defamation, thats what. Questionability of character brought on through online bullies. It was horrible. It was around this time a friend sent me the chat logs of the assailants. I was completely sickened. Below is Haydens tweet, but also the behind the scenes chat log during this time. Hayden can be seen here saying 'This is so fun' in all caps as their bullshit claim of me squeezing them too hard went viral. Punk press wrote about me in such a distorted manner they make me out to be some sort of Disney villain, going around making scary faces at kids and squeezing their shoulders and then trying to silence them. I don't even want to be doing this, but certain media outlets legitimized this. So it's time to show the truth. Note the time of the chat logs and tweet.

'This is fun'.-Hayden behind the scenes while claiming to be coming forward about abuse.

I almost threw up after seeing some of these texts, because right when their 'power' on twitter grew their sick agenda revealed itself through their private chat logs I was able to obtain. You can see them talking about wanting to murder and castrate me for no reason aside from being sadistic perverted cyber bullies. Hoping to get free tickets out of creating this narrative of me and getting me fired. Drunk on a little bit of power off of twitter. At the expense of my name. You can see already some of their hyper sexualized usernames, as they call me the inappropriate one. Their plan was to paint such a bad picture of me the band would have no choice but to fire me, as you can see below. You can see as Ria Wilson of Scotland starts out this lovely exchange by saying 'Lets kill him please'. Ria was also one dangling my own life and career in front of my face using my own phone number to torment me with false accusations, as I repeatedly asked her to stop and leave me alone. This is how I am repaid for making songs & playing shows all year every year for over 3 years, for them, the 'fans'.

Bitch we better get free concert tickets once they kick him out. -Hayden

For real. Where's the cash?-Reyes

We need some rat poison for this motherfucker while he sits in an electric chair and a knife to his pp. -Hayden

-The fans, 2 weeks after the album release.

'Sorry our bassist tried to fuck you, here's some free tickets'.-Hayden

For the record, I had never tried to 'f$%$' anyone of these instagram users or anyone they even know for that matter. This was all apart of their disgusting ploy & narrative to destroy my name.

These screenshots were all while 'Hayden' Marisol Perez began to receive attention for their false accusation on Twitter of me hurting their shoulder. Hayden is the one in a lot of the articles written about me now. It is an absolute nightmare this kid gets to have a voice when they plotted this against me, and some of the articles posting her tweets won't even post my response defending myself. Ainily was the other main instigator, responsible for almost 20 accounts, a lot of which being in this chat group. 'Tentai' 'Vomitslut' 'Bratslut', 'winxmimiko' 'StallionBiitch'  to name only a few, all accusing me of being the inappropriate one from the beginning, and incurring mass hysteria. This created a 'mass mob social media mentality' when a lot of the defaming tweets were one person on Twitter. I learned the identity to the accounts after contacting the NJPD and launching an investigation. The accounts continued for months to harass me. You can see one of A. Reyes accounts below months after I was trying to pick up the pieces of the damage they ensued upon my life. Cyber bullying knows no age. It looks childish, and this is. But the media destroyed me over these peoples accusations. I have no choice but to defend myself.

  Anyway, things really kicked into gear when they dug up something from 3 years ago. An instance that was so trivial, but with this brewing hysteria & narrative, became completely blown out of proportion. It was also around this time I was realizing that some of the people trying to get me fired.. were the exact same people trying to cause trouble 3 years prior when I first joined the band. Lovely fan base.

In 2018 a private account with the name Sophia claiming to be from Green Brook, NJ later identified as Sophia Forsimano responded to my story which said something to the effect of 'Who is in NJ I'm having people over'. The private account I had never seen before, messaged me their address. No Hi, Hello or how are you. Just an address. I said 'what is this your address?'. Curious as to why a stranger would message me their address so outright. This was also when I was new to the band so I would never expect anyone underage to even be so forward or message me this way. All the fans of my previous bands were non-psychotic normal adults rather than a 'cult' of young kids. So anyway-They replied 'Yeah its my address come over'. I said 'no you come here'. More curious than anything as to why somebody would be so forward. Not to mention the connotation of my story was inviting people over. After an extremely brief non inappropriate exchange she asked where I lived. I gave her a town I do not live in and never have lived in. Because she was a strange random person who I could not identify. She said 'too far', and I stopped speaking to the stranger. I had zero intention of meeting with this random instagram user. Hence, why I left it at that and moved on with my night. This girl who was clearly baiting me then goes to her friend named 'Kelly' saying 'I'm scared he has my address and wants to hook up Im underage'. Kelly then goes to all my friends, band, everyone telling them this. I get a phone call. Completely embarrassed. As I had just joined the band. So here's where I made my mistake. I messaged Kelly myself, and said 'Why are you telling my friends and family these horrible lies?', because she would not stop. I was very upset. She said because her friend told her. I told her to stop. Because it was not true. She never mentioned her age, she was truly trying to bait me to start trouble. I never said anything inappropriate. So that was that. I never spoke to the girl again. So after this the girl Sophia kept on sliding into my DMs every now and again. Saying 'hey let's go to the movies', trying to start trouble. I would never respond. Eventually I had to block her. It was an attention scam. Well, 3 years later her friend Kelly went to Twitter with it twisting the whole story. All while claiming in a tweet that people 'Didn't feel safe' now. The fans went wild. The band started abusively lashing out at me. Punk press wrote about this interaction saying I was trying to 'silence my victims'. I was defending myself 3 years ago, against against a stranger on instagram. The band was barely filling clubs back then and I was barely a part of it. It was not out of character for me a this time to handle a situation like that hands on. Especially if you are relentlessly messaging my employers and friends horrible accusations. I was terrified of these people. I did what I thought was right and correct in the situation.

Not long after, things started getting absolutely bizarre, with the attackers and Ainily from her accounts making up anything they could as it was now causing a stir. It became a game of who could make me look worse. Because of this now absolutely skewed view of me created by Hayden and their gang on Twitter screaming about my 'interest in underage fans', some of the extremely young fan base were now rethinking every interaction I've had with them, no matter how small. And everything was turned into an age game. One cropped screenshot was supposedly me saying 'If you are born a male, according to science you're a male, and vice versa', which, without explanation is a big no-no to the largely LGTBQ fanbase. But, it is important you don't super zoom things out of context. Two and a half years ago a girl messaged me struggling with suicide/depression. I felt for her so I responded. I honestly have not much recollection of what was said before or after this. But I do know that I had nothing but the best intentions, and I was simply talking someone out of suicide/depression that came to me desperate. I made sure to briefly help her resolve her situation till she felt better. Now, this was cropped and used to harm me. Are you serious? I was a trying to save your life. Some of my best friends are trans, gay and bisexual. I love all people and have no issue with whoever you are. Those who know me know this. I was raised in christian youth groups with mid 20s councilors when I was 14 and to me it seemed totally appropriate to help a young girl out with some encouraging words regardless of age.

Lastly, the one that upset me the most,  was the person that said I sent a selfie to a group of fans in a predatory manner. This is absolutely sickening. At one point during lockdown a group chat messaged me for so many days asking for a photo of me in a hat claiming that they wanted to draw this image of me. I finally saw a hat one day, sent them a photo, showing nothing but my face and the hat on my head. If you open a message by accident it will continue to ding. At least in my lack of technical knowledge. I wanted my phone to stop dinging from being put into a group chat of over 15 people. So I did a kind act and sent the chat a picture of me in a hat. I asked myself as I was starting to completely break down 'What is wrong with the world? That they could take my kindness and beat me with it.'

So after days of this growing people were demanding a 'statement'. My first instinct was that I was going to call out the people spreading this narrative of me. A. Reyes the one linked to over 20 accounts. 'Hayden' and the plot to assassinate my character. I also needed to address this now serious accusation of me supposedly inviting over an underage girl from 2018. I was entirely skeptical about making an apology, seeing their behavior & absolute dedication to destroying me. That seemed like suicide. These were serious accusations. I wanted to address the truth. However, after some arguing and extremely aggressive behavior towards me I felt forced into an apology expecting the band would then back me up and shut it down. I was now convinced that if I were to not tell the fanbase the plotted defamation campaign against me and just apologize I would receive some loyalty from the band. The band then made a statement without my review saying they were disappointed in me, the safety of their fans is number one priority(seemingly in jeopardy), and that they don't condone misconduct. Wow. Is all I could say. I understand they were protecting their entity, but, this made me look guilty of whatever they were saying about me. It added gasoline to the fire. And they were saying some horrible things. I felt framed in a way. I was also more than a touring member. That album was just as much a part of me as it was everyone else. I was also baffled to see myself thrown under the bus by my friends- claiming 'misconduct' the second 'Hayden's' false allegation was tweeted. An allegation I even had proof of being Mal intent to destroy me, which I never showed them because it seemed so childish and I've lived with them for 3 and a half years. One member even said 'They're trying to paint an untrue picture of you that would ruin your career if it reaches the media'. Why couldn't you tell the fans that? The whole thing was just completely over the top. I didn't understand. We were talking about serious accusations. That is not something you apologize and admit guilt for. You explain what had happened that the fans were worried about. Did they expect the fans to see that statement and just move on? I was finished. At this point it became an absolute frenzy. My inbox & photo comments blew up to people harassing me and calling me names like I've never seen before. My apologetic statement now meant nothing. It was now an all out hate campaign of the entire fan base, and people hash tagging '#DanielCurcioisoverparty'. Dming me to kill myself, rape my own mother and daughter. I don't even have a daughter. I can't put into words how hurtful that is to see. I'm a human being. After everything you've helped build for over 3 years, all the songs you gave to the fans with co-writes. The lyrics, the ideas. All the tours, the barely scraping by to be a part of Palaye Royale. Sleeping in your car to complete the record. I even had to get a job washing dishes after the Manson tour I was so poor as I slept in my car by the beach in Malibu. And now people are throwing a party at the ruin of your entire life? They don't know anything about me, they tossed my name around for fun, for clickbait. How did this happen when I keep so much to myself? I am so nice to everyone. How did they create something terrible out of me? I was so confused. You could say 'don't respond to people'. I guess you could be right. But the band wasn't always this big, and in 4 years, I've responded to some people, especially people in need. It's just who I am and I refuse to change that.

So once the bands extremely defamatory statement was released to over 300k people I knew I was in very dangerous territory. I might be caring and an absolute people person but I am still just a human. A lot of these fans that followed me on instagram will do anything for the core members and if the band makes me seem like a threat they are all likely to turn on me. And that's exactly what happened. It was now only a matter of time before one of the assailants or anyone eventually found something damaging on me, especially now that the group chat was conspiring with my ex-gf, and having gone to almost all of my most recent exes looking for a reason to get me fired. I've been on the road for 10 years. I've had social media forever. Ive partied. I've had one night stands. I've done my fair share of debauchery. The point is, my life has been crazy. But I would never intentionally hurt anybody or use any position to take advantage of anyone. At this point I started feeling the heat of the masses as I broke down in tears and told a member of the band to tell the fan base I was out. The hurtful words and bullying were just too much to bare. Not long after they would be telling me the same. I then curled up in a ball, took as many pills as I could and laid in the fetal position in the corner of the backyard till the sun came up sobbing. Those fans didn't give a shit about me or how much I was working behind the scenes. I was just a name used to get attention from the brothers. Once the slander on that scale ensued and after the band defamed me lies started turning up like wildfire. Iv'e learned that defamation is like a metastatic cancer. It spreads. So they got what they wanted. The media picked up the story, and threw my name through the ringer in ways I could only see in my wildest of nightmares. I am still confused. News media outlets I had only dreamed of being mentioned in, now wrote about me including complete lies in their stories. So after becoming friends with some of my idols, people I look up to emphatically, becoming mildly well known for playing the bass guitar which was my goal since I was 7- I got it, years later, and it was flipped and twisted in such a dark way like I could have never imagined. My dreams became my Nightmares. All I really want is for people to read this and hear what I have to say. I feel my voice has been taken away. The media doesn't care about what I have to say, just anonymous tweets on twitter. When I was younger I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and was told it was possible I would never be able to speak again. I do not like feeling like I don't have a voice. But these trials are all what has made me, me. I love all the fans unconditionally no matter what they think of me and would never do anything to hurt them.

Lastly, two screenshots of the main assailants final claim to victory & admittance to being the sole instigators of my departure.

'It was a hit tweet tho, Im glad he's gone, I loved that 'not gunna lie'. -Hayden Perez

I am left so confused. I need to get this off my chest.

It doesn't make sense to me.  And to try and drag someone down simply because you seek attention and your favorite artists closest 'friend' and bandmate is an easy target. This didn't happen because I was having some sort of teenage sex party in my DMs. This didn't happen for justice. This happened because these people wanted me dead. This wasn't some sort of brewing situation that needed to be addressed. These people had been purposefully trying to get me fired. They quite literally, woke up one day and decided they not only hated me for no reason, but were going to get me kicked out. I have always been interactive with my fans. My mother always told me to be as interactive as possible and appreciate every single fan, as they are a blessing. Like I said, it's part of who I am. Do you think you were doing the band a service? Making me look bad? We worked way too hard for this.  I am left defenseless. But, how can I sit here and say I am not worthy of defending? I simply cannot sit here and put my head in a guillotine. Because, at the end of the day, I am NOT the person these people set out to create of me. This whole thing is like a twisted horror movie. I devote years to help build a band with my 'best friends' & 'brothers', and a week after our first record together as a full band is finished, you wake up and decide now is the perfect time to destroy me. To paint a picture of me so horrifying I would not only be fired but will struggle to have a career in entertainment, and struggle to even have a job at all for the rest of my life because of the negative press. I am more than just a name to hashtag, or an excuse for some drama. I am a person. A very caring person who loves every fan unconditionally. Losing fans is like losing parts of my soul. I love talking to people. I love being around people. I don't know what my life would be like without the one I created surrounded by tons of people. Iv'e been that way since I could remember. This happening during an international pandemic where I am alone 24/7 with this weight on my shoulders is a hell that I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy, not even my attackers. Every day for a year has been a nightmare only to go to sleep and have more nightmares. My therapist, lawyer fees, psychiatrist & emergency trips to the hospital have been beyond devastating to my finances. I just want people to know the truth. Late at night when I was just a kid I'd take walks by myself to the boardwalk when we would stay at the beach just because I always had to be where all the people were. My accessibility and my willingness to respond was used to hurt me. One person apart of the chat group in the beginning of everything even claimed that when I responded to their question about a music video, I was improper. They messaged me 'I hope I don't seem like a crazy fan! But what are you filming?', I responded 'Ur fine, we're filming a new music video don't tell anyone yet!'- they flipped it and said that I said 'ur finneee'. What is wrong with you that you could use my kindness to do this to me? My reputation is my livelihood. Music is all I've ever known and I dedicated more to making that record creatively than I did to anything in my life. All the ideas, lyrics and concepts I had for new material are all thrown out the window. Songs like Dying in a Hot Tub, Anxiety, Fuckin with my head, Massacre, The New American Dream, Little Bastards, Waisted, Tonight is the Night I Die were all songs I heavily co-wrote, some even lyrically and singing. You created this terrible internet perception of me. A lot of which while I sat on an airplane and minded my own business. But you wanted blood, you wanted a sacrifice and that's what you got. Now my name is tossed around like a 'fictional story hot potato' when the reality is that most of you know nothing about me. All I wanted to do was make music. The mental ramifications of having to live with these media articles is beyond emotional comprehension. I was humiliated enough the second the assailants were making the embarrassing accusations to my closest friends the day they started. I remember that feeling of utter fear seeing their dedication and thinking 'What if my extended family sees these awful claims?'. Now, it is written about by NME, ABC news, Loudwire, Kerrang etc. I'm left speechless. These claims couldn't have been the furthest from me, and they always will be the furthest from me. I saw a screenshot/tweet by a "fan" inquiring about bass lessons and the kid cropped out me asking their age and location and used that to demoralize me on Twitter.  I'm over the hysteria, and I'm over America. We need to learn to come together. Do not accuse people of something because its a rainy day and you need an emotional crutch. Do not hunt people down so you can ruin their life. Whats the point? It's now 2021, not only do I hope I can somehow continue to play music, but I truly do hope we can all learn to get along. There are real humans behind user accounts on Instagram and Twitter, sometimes it's hard to understand, I sure learned that the hard way. Please see the truth beyond these horrid perceptions of me created by people on the internet.

-Daniel Curcio

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8M 914K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
9.9M 499K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...