Flamed Out (Roy Mustang X Oc)

By Bohannon_

An au Follows the 09 anime, with swears and heavy topics, but not too heavy. I try to be sensitive to the peo... More

Authors note
Chapter 1 (revised)
Chapter 2 (revised)
Chapter 3 (revised)
Chapter 4 (revised)
Chapter 5 (revised)
Chapter 6 (revised)
Chapter 7 (revised)
Chapter 8 (revised)
Chapter 9 (revised)
Chapter 10 (revised)
Chapter 11 (revised)
Chapter 12 (revised)
Chapter 13 (revised)
Chapter 14 (revised)
Chapter 15 (revised)
Chapter 16 (revised)
Chapter 17 (revised)
Chapter 18 (revised)
Chapter 19 (revised)
Chapter 20 (revised)
Chapter 21 (revised)
Chapter 22 (revised)
Chapter 23 (revised)
Chapter 24 (revised)
Chapter 25 (revised)
Chapter 26 (revised)
Chapter 27 (revised)
Chapter 28 (revised)
Chapter 29 (revised)
Chapter 30 (revised)
Chapter 31 (revised)
Chapter 32 (revised)
Chapter 33 (revised)
Chapter 34 (revised)
Chapter 35 (revised)
Chapter 36 (edited)
Chapter 37 (edited)
Chapter 38 (edited)
Chapter 39 (edited)
Chapter 41 (edited)
Chapter 42 (edited)
Chapter 43 (edited)
Chapter 44 (edited)
Chapter 45 (edited)
Chapter 46 (edited)
Chapter 47 (edited)
Chapter 48 (edited)
Chapter 49 (edited)
Chapter 50 (edited)
Chapter 51 (edited)
Chapter 52 (edited)
Chapter 53 (edited)
Chapter 54 (edited)
Chapter 55 (edited)
Chapter 56 (edited)
Chapter 57 (edited)
Chapter 58 (edited)
Chapter 59 (edited)
Chapter 60 (edited)
Chapter 61 (edited)
Chapter 62 (edited)
Chapter 63 (edited)
Chapter 64 (edited)
Chapter 65 (edited)
Chapter 66 (edited)
Chapter 67 (edited)
Chapter 68
Epiloge
Last author's note

Chapter 40 (edited)

372 9 5
By Bohannon_

More filler ahahaha

(Hunter's POV) (promised day) (Central)

Ross pulled off to the side of the Armstrong estate.

I opened the back of the truck and quickly looked around. Clear. I guess the MPs haven't figured it out yet. It's still early. I looked at the sky.

I swung the door open and jumped out. Ross and Rebecca following my lead as I did.

They quickly began pulling extra bags of firearms and ammunition out, handing me a few bags as they did.

"This way." I guided them to the cellar where Buccaneer and the patrol troops were.

I knocked twice, paused, and knocked once more, signalling that it was me.

One of the Briggs men opened the door and let us in.

I nodded to him as we walked in, placing the bags of reinforcements on the ground.

I turned back to the man who let us in. "Everything set?"

"Yes Major." He replied.

"Took ya long enough kid." I heard a loud voice from behind.

I immediately smiled knowing EXACTLY who it was. I turned and fired back. "I had to make it dramatic."

Buccaneer laughed walking over to me, he pulled me into a hug.

He paused and looked at the rest of the men walking into the room to greet me. "Looks like our duo's back, just like the old days." He patted my head.

"Looks like it." I smiled  and pulled out of his grasp.

I turned back to Ross and Rebecca. "You two should get going before this place is swarmed with MPs."

"Oh right!" Rebecca replied.

I grabbed Ross. "You know where to go right?"

"Yes." She replied.

"Alright good. Make sure to tell Mustang of our current post." I reminded her.

"Got it!"

"Alright move out." I let go of her arm.

They both nodded and left the cellar.

Just then Falman came into the room.

"You're a sight for sore eyes." He walked up to me, pulling me into a hug.

I smiled as I pulled away from him. "Same goes to you."

Buccaneer walked over to the bags we had brought in. "What are these?" He looked at me.

"Reinforcements. Better safe than sorry right?" I explained.

He chuckled. "Nice thinking kid."

It wasn't my idea, I didn't even know we'd be stopping there, but I'll take credit for it.

"Where'd you get that stuff?" Falman watched as the men began opening the bags and gearing up.

I smiled. "Jean Havoc." I said proudly.

"You saw Havoc?!" He was surprised. "No way! How is he?"

I chuckled. "He's doing fine. Works at his parents General Store now."

"That's good to hear. I had no idea he transferred back East." He rubbed the back of his neck.

Just then something caught Falman's attention. "Oh! Devlin!" He called me.

"Huh?" I turned around.

"This is Izumi and Sig Curtis." He introduced us. "Izumi is Ed and Al's alchemy teacher."

My face lit up as I looked at her. I gladly shook her hand, and her husband's hand.

She smiled at me. "Nice to meet you too."

I became shy. "Uh, Major Hunter Devlin." I introduced myself.

I laughed awkwardly. "Sorry, it's just that I've never met another female alchemist. Of course, I know that there are other female alchemists, I've never met another one."

"Huh." She looked at me. "I'm just a house wife." She replied.

I smiled at her. I think we'll get along.

"Y'know the plan kid?" Buccaneer walked up to us.

I nodded. "Attack the city, distract the Central troops from Mustangs men, and infiltrate Central command." I recited. "Armstrong made sure it was drilled into my head weeks before the actual date."

"Good." He nodded back to me.

"And what about you? The tank squad ready?" I looked around. "I don't see them."

He gestured me to follow them. "No worries kid."

I followed him into the next room with Falman and Izumi. "They're almost ready. Just loading up the tanks."

"And how will we infiltrate Central command?" I looked at Buccaneer. "There's no way we'll get through the gate. It's heavily guarded and with the current Bradley situation they increased their forces."

"That's what the tanks are for." Falman jumped in. "Creating a diversion."

"I'll create a tunnel underneath Central, we'll walk right pass them and into the main branch." Izumi explained her side of the plan.

I sighed in relief. "That's good to hear miss Curtis. The Briggs men in the East lost Al, I thought I'd have to be making the tunnels." I looked at her. "Al was the one who was supposed to create the tunnel."

"I completely forgot about Alphonse." Falman brought his hand to his forehead.

"They lost Alphonse?" Izumi eyed me.

"I wouldn't worry miss Curtis. I'm sure he's fine wherever he is." I said confidently.

"I suppose you're right." She nodded.

I looked back at the tanks. I won't lie, I was getting excited. At least I think it was excitement, it didn't feel like anxiety. I was mostly happy to be with my former subordinates again.

I missed the feeling of home. And after how shitty I've felt, I definitely need a sense of home.

"We still have some time. So rest up while you can." Buccaneer patted my shoulder and walked off.

I broke off from the group and walked around the cellar when I found an empty room with tables and chairs.

I gladly sat down and rested my head letting out a sigh as I did.

Pretending to be okay is exhausting.

I'm tired.

It's been like this for weeks.

I could feel my eyes tear up yet again. I sniffled lightly, lifting my head up to quickly wipe my face.

Just then Falman and Buccaneer walked into the room.

My stomach dropped. Just my luck.

"Hey kid, we need you to look at this map." Buccaneer walked closer but then stopped when he saw me wiping my face.

"What's wrong?" Falman walked to the table.

Buccaneer just stood behind him, his arms crossed and waiting for my answer.

I turned away from them, trying to hide my face.

"I don't know how to explain it." I started.

Buccaneer squinted his eyes at me. "Your old man?"

I shut my eyes at his guess. He always knows.

"I knew it." He seethed as he sat down.

"Old man?" Falman asked, putting his hand on my back.

I sighed. "I hate repeating myself." I looked at them. "Do you know how many times people have asked me about him?" I turned my gaze away. "Why do people care so much about Roy Mustang and I?" I was beyond frustrated. "Like what the fuck?"

"Repeat it one more time, for us." Falman encouraged me.

I kept my gaze fixed on the wood of the table. "He left." I laughed. "Said I'd be better off without him. What do you make of that?" My eyes landed on Buccaneer.

Buccaneer slammed his automail on the table, which caused Falman to flinch, I however, wasn't phased; it was normal to me.

"I knew he wasn't good for you!" He argued. "I swear when this is over, he'll have to deal with me."

"That's really all he said?" Falman asked. "No...That doesn't seem like the Colonel. There's probably more to it." He pondered.

"Maybe." I entertained the idea.

"I'm dragging you back to Briggs with us kid." Buccaneer sounded annoyed.

I stood up, ignoring what he just said. "What did you want me to look at?" I reached for the map.

"Oh I just wanted to make sure I had everything correct." Falman said, laying out the map for me.

I looked over the marked points. "Everything looks good to me." I nodded.

"Y'know kid," Buccaneer began after being quiet for a minute.

"Maybe Falman's right. Maybe somethings up with Mustang, I wouldn't dismiss that, especially with the leader of our country being a monster." He tried comforting me.

I smiled at his effort. "Maybe."

"Yeah, maybe Bradley's behind it." Falman encouraged the idea. "I mean, he did separate us."

"And! And!" Buccaneer spoke up. "He made the researchers hide the truth about the philosopher stone."

I laughed at them. "Thank you. I appreciate it."

Though I doubt that's the reason. But...

"Any time kid." Buccaneer smiled at me and then his face lit up, as if he had a brilliant idea. "Hey! Now you and Miles can-"

I quickly jumped across the table and covered his mouth, startling Falman.

"Don't. Say. It." I glared at him. "Miles and I would never." Why do people care so much about me and Miles getting together????

Buccaneer laughed loudly.

I removed my hand.

"Ah, I missed ya kid." He patted my head, once again.

I hummed. "I missed you guys too."

Falman smiled.

"But kid," I looked at Buccaneer. "Why didn't you say anything when I called?" He asked. "We talk every Wednesday and Sunday. Why didn't you say anything? You never hide anything from me."

I didn't say anything.

"Yeah, we talk frequently too. You should've said something. You didn't have to go through it on your own." Falman also made a good point.

I rubbed the back of my neck, feeling guilty. "I didn't want to bother anyone." I admitted.

"Nonsense!" Buccaneer stood up. "You never bother us!" He patted my shoulder as he walked passed me. "Promise."

"You don't have to keep everything to yourself." He said walking out of the room.

I now sat alone with Falman. We continued talking about the map, laughing and joking about this and that.

Falman stopped talking and looked at me.

I looked at him. "What? Something wrong?" I looked down at the map.

"No." He smiled. "I just missed your company. It's good to sit down and talk with you again." He admitted.

I smiled pushing his shoulder lightly. "I missed your company too."

"I appreciate you being here Devlin. I'm happy that we're friends."

I laughed and raised a brow. "Why are we getting sentimental now?" I sat back.

"Hey! Who knows what could happen today! I'm just showing my appreciation for you!" He half yelled.

I laughed at him. "Alright, alright. I get it. I appreciate you too."

He went quiet. "Why didn't you tell me about your mother?" He looked at his hands. "And about Mustang?"

I shrugged. "I didn't want to bother you with it."

He sat up. "Seriously, you gotta stop with that. You're not a burden, and you don't have to go through things alone."

I nodded and smiled. "Okay."

"Well it's almost time." He looked at his watch.

I looked at him. "Right."

I stood up.

"Let's go."

(Devlin now caught up with the current timeline)

(Roy's POV) (promised day) (central)

"It's a miracle no ones been killed so far."

I let out an empty chuckle. Our goal wasn't really to kill anyone.

"They've got the hero of Ishval, the blue flame AND the hawks eye on their side."

I couldn't recognize the voice talking but I could tell they were close.

"I don't see any blue flames, Inferno must not be riled up enough to produce any. We should have corpses piling up high!" The voice paused. "Unless!"

*bang*

I heard the same voice crying out in pain.

Well there's Hawkeye.

And no, the reaper isn't with us, not yet anyways.

"There's my answer! No doubt about it."

And he just kept on going and going. Can you shut up?

(Just reminding you where Roy's part last ended)

(Hunter's POV) (promised day) (central)

Falman and I walked down the hall. "You and caption Buccaneer seem close."

I glanced at him. "We are. Our friendship blossomed when he found me having PTSD my second week in Briggs."

We turned a corner. "We also bonded over our injuries after an attack from Drachma, we were bedridden together. I actually hooked him up with his automail, my mother's company specializes part time in that realm. Ever since then, we've been inseparable."

"Honestly, if it wasn't for him, I probably would've ended my life years ago." I admitted. "He gave me purpose when I had none and I'm grateful to him for that."

Just then Buccaneer caught up with us. "Hah, I was looking for you. You ready?"

He definitely heard what I said and he's probably gonna bring it up later.

His question caused butterflies to explode in my stomach. "Ready as I'll ever be."

He flung his arm around my shoulder. "Ready to show off your special flames? You'll be okay right?"

"Eh." I cringed.

"Special flames?" Falman looked at the both of us.

"Devlin's fire is blue." Buccaneer informed him.

We turned another corner.

"Have you ever wondered why they called me the reaper and the blue flame?" I looked at Falman.

"Because you had the second highest kill count?"

I turned my gaze forward. "Nope, because I can throttle my flames to a degree so high that they turn blue, completely incinerating anything that stood." I said giving reason to the name.

"You never mentioned that." He mumbled.

We made our way into the main cellar hall.

"No one ever asked." I looked at him as he parted ways from us. Falman was tasked with helping Izumi and Sig, while I was tasked with the infantry.

I followed Buccaneer as he made his way to the front of the battalion.

"Colonel Mustang is engaged in combat in the industrial district. The enemy is focused on his activities." He announced to the troops behind us.

We watched as the cellar doors began to open.

This is it. My heart began racing.

"Alright. It's time to kiss this cellar goodbye. Let's tear the throats out of any spineless fool that tries to get in our way."

I smirked. I missed his inspirational speeches right before an attack.

"Ya!" The rest of the men yelled as they made their way out the cellar.

Buccaneer chuckled as he took a step.

"Captain." I called.

"Huh?" He turned. "What's wrong kid?" He looked at me.

I looked at him straight on. "If anything happens today, I want you to know I'm very grateful for the things you've done for me the past few years. I wouldn't be here if you weren't by my side all those days."

He hummed. "Tell me after kid, there's still plenty of time. We'll be able to spend our days together again." He promised.

I chuckled. "Alright. Let's go."

I ran after him as I heard sirens going off in the distance.

Our squad stuck close to Buccaneer as the rest of the men sectioned off into their groups and went into the directions they were meant to go in.

I heard gunshots in the distance.

I walked with my gloves on and my gun pointed straight ahead, shooting at anyone who got in my point of range. I wasn't planning on using my alchemy just yet.

"Damn!"

I looked to the left and saw a Central soldier pointing his gun at one of the squadrons, about a three feet away.

I stopped hiding behind a car, I pointed my gun at him, getting ready to shoot.

Just as I was about to pull the trigger, Buccaneer got to him first.

I quickly raised my gun as he came into my point of range. I watched as he ripped the gun that the soldier carried with his automail arm, he took care of the rest.

I stepped back and looked around, watching as the other men shot at the Central forces.

I could hear my heart pounding in my ears and my hands shook.

I quickly raised my gun and shot at someone who had their back turned.

I ran with the squad as we cleared the area.

It didn't take long for us the clear this district, we quickly moved onto the next, and the next.

Realistically, we were only buying time for Roy's squad to escape plus buying time for the tank squad to make their move.

I rounded a corner and held my gun up, expecting Central soldiers to be there.

But my face quickly softened as I found a woman with two small children.

I lowered my gun and turned back to the squad. "All clear! Move on!"

I turned back to the woman and her children, taking a few steps closer to her. I gently put my hand on her back, trying to guide her away. "Please go inside Miss, it's dangerous." I spoke softly and kindly.

"O-Oh yes..." She started.

"Go on." I encouraged her. "I'll keep watch on you."

I watched as they made their way to a building, they entered.

I quickly turned and ran to catch up with Buccaneer, also making sure that no one was left alive.

I now walked side by side with Buccaneer, our squad was scattered around us but they were still in close proximity.

We walked right in the middle of the street, unafraid, unphased, not a care in the world.

It was easy to take out everyone who came at us, what with my long range alchemy and Buccaneer's hand to hand combat.

We covered each other's back, I was also able to cover the backs of everyone who wasn't close by since I could spread flames to quite a distance.

This type of combat was easy for me, large, spread out places worked best. But in closed, confined areas, I had to rely on other means of defence.

"You good kid?" Buccaneer glanced at me.

"Yup." I said reloading my gun.

I smirked.

I'm just getting started.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————Bohannon

Not me writing 40 chapters over the course of three years and only now noticing that I've spelt "fuhrer" as "furher"

I'm not changing it now-

Thanks for reading!

- I don't own Fullmetal Alchemist or any of its characters

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 270 55
Cover obviously isn't mine it's straight up a screenshot from the anime and I obviously don't own on Hunter X Hunter In my own words the story is kin...
334 14 4
"Fuck you ! If you're not happy about us, You can leave like you used to ! Like your father !" Thoses were the last words he heard from her three yea...
35K 1.2K 25
~Rewrite and edit of this story is called Misery Looms.~ Mysterious murders had plagued Central for a couple of weeks and the military doesn't know w...
34.5K 1.5K 32
An ill-tempered alchemist, a girl who enjoys poking fun a little too much, and a poor suit of armor that stands between their fights. An initially fo...