Nedzu Raising A Child. What?

By Passing_Ghost_Friend

Izuku is raised by Nezu after Inko died giving birth and dad couldn't deal with him. Grows up with lots of pr... More

Wait, That's a Baby
Nedzu Doesn't Play Around with Rumors
Nedzu Needs Sleep. No more Caffeinated Tea.
Where the Heck is the Teething Toy?
First Words
First Steps
Happy Birthday, Izuku!
Where is he?!
Izuku makes a new friend, Endeavor makes his worst enemy
Endeavor is Going Down
Nedzu gets to take Endeavor Down
Settling In
Here Comes the Sadness
Papa Nedzu to the Rescue!
Halloween
Little Scenes of Izuku Melting Pro Heroes' Hearts
Christmas Time
Izuku Meets All Might
Izuku is really Growing Up Fast, isn't he?
Recommendation Exam
Little Mouse is Accepted!
Flashbacks and Cookies
Present Mic ft Dj Mouse
Faculty Meeting ft Izuku
Izuku & Mirio
Izuku Gets Sick
Nedzu Tries to Teach Izuku How to Drive
Izuku's First Day
Start of Part 2 (Izuku's First Day Part 2)
Quirk Apprehension Test
Izuku's Lunchtime Introduction
Battle Training!
Class Representative & Break-In
USJ Part 1
USJ Part 2
USJ Aftermath
Back to School
Dinner at the Bakugo's Residence
FANART
Embarassing Revenge
Sports Fest: Obstacle Course Race
Sports Fest: Cavalry Race
Confrontation and Dj Mouse
Quick Halloween Special
Intermission: Rocklock's Special Delivery
Sports Festival: Battle Rounds!
Sports Festival: Battle Rounds & Dabi vs Stain
Lost Moments
Heading into Finals!
The Winning Trio!
Your Hero
Follow the Contingency Plan for Murders, Iida!
Manual or Dabi? Internship Decisions
Dabi has Fangirls. Shoto has patrol.
Manual's Manual on Internship
Hero Killer:Stain
Blood Types and Shovels
Recovery
Prison Visit
Incoming Exam, Suspicious Bird, Late Visit
Exams
Final Exams with Katsuki and Izuku
How Nice
Kiyashi Shopping Mall Interview
Hello Hawks (Keigo)
On the Way to Training Camp
Honorary Pussycat Returns!
Pop Music and Emotional Talks with Cold Food

Battle Training Continues!

24.9K 988 1.1K
By Passing_Ghost_Friend

The next round had Team B as the villains and Team G as the heroes. So while Tokoyami and Asui formed a plan outside, Shoto looked towards Bakugo who was impatiently waiting for the exercise to start. 

Shoto turned around to look at the big fake bomb. He looked around the room to investigate the room further to make sure he could form a plan around the environment.

He could have just frozen the whole building as soon as the exercise started. But he wanted to try to do with through teamwork since Asui would be very affected by the change of temperature.

Well, it was time to just bite the bullet and talk to his exercise partner.

Shoto, "Hey, Bakugo."

"What?" Bakugo barely even glanced at him.

"Are you even going to bother looking me in the eye?" Bakugo answered him by turning around to glare directly at him. "Great participation there, buddy. Do you have any sort of plan for this? Or can we work on one together? There isn't much time before the others come—,"

"You don't have to worry about anything, Half-and-Half. I'm going to win this without your help."

"That is absolutely ridiculous," Shoto said. 'Ah, maybe he never worked together on a group project. Maybe he just doesn't know how this works,' Shoto thought to himself. He continued to explain more clearly to the other, "This is a team exercise. You can't win the exercise on your own unless you weren't paired with anyone."

Bakugo ignored his words as he turned his attention back towards the door. He started to flex his hands and crack his knuckles in preparation for the incoming battle. Shoto fourth the urge to roll his eyes at how stubborn the other was acting.

"Hey, Half-and-Half."

Shoto breathed through his nose, "I have a name, Bakugo-Kun."

"Whatever," Bakugo tsked, "You know Deku, right?"

"Who?" Shoto's eyebrows pinched together in confusion.

"That green-haired idiot. The one that was holding you back yesterday. Him."

Deku.

Someone useless. Worthless.

Another way to read the kanji of Izuku's name.

*

The first time he had heard the name Deku was when they were all twelve.

Izuku decided to meet the two of them halfway from the train station after they finished the day at their middle school. They had planned to visit a new ice cream shop that was experimenting with brand new flavors which included tea. Izuku wanted to get a pint for his father and Shoto could keep it frozen until they made it back to UA.

And so there they were with Fukuyama and Iida wearing their respective middle school uniforms while Izuku was just wearing his regular attire. While they were in their Soumei uniforms, he had on a pair of light blue jeans and a simple white shirt. Izuku had on a bucket hat that Snipe had given him as a gift. He had four buttons on it that showed off pro heroes like Present Mic, Ingenium, Midnight, and All Might. He had said once enforce he switched them out each time he wears the bucket hat to make sure everyone was included because he felt bad if he didn't. Snipe also gave him a cowboy hat, but he didn't wear that one as much.

While they walked, Shoto was telling them about a story he had heard retold over dinner the nights before. Touya had come home to visit for dinner which made Natsuo bring up the fact that his hero name was Dabi.

"Natsuo was tired since the medical program is really working him hard, but he kept saying about how Dabi was so edgy," Shoto started. " And then Touya told us why he chose it."

Iida hummed, "Is it because it means Cremation? It works well to describe his power."

"Well, yes and no. He did come up with Dabi because it meant Cremation. But he thought of it way before he even wanted to become a hero again," Shoto said, kicking over a small rock on the sidewalk. "He told us that he originally chose that name to rename himself when he was in a bad state of mind. It was before... Endeavor... was taken care of. He wanted to reclaim the name as something good. That's why he is known as the Rising Ashes Hero: Dabi. It's a reference to the ashes of the Phoenix. Like a new beginning."

"That's a beautiful story for his hero name origin," Izuku softly nodded his head.

They continue to talk mindlessly about what the two were doing at school and what Izuku learned that day. Eventually, they reach the ice cream shop and begin to look at the overhead menu to see what they could get.

"I think I will get my dad something," Izuku mumbled, looking up at what he could potentially get. Maybe get a small pint to go and Shoto can freeze it so it doesn't melt while they are on the way back.

"Would he like anything here?"

Izuku glanced down at the flavors shown through the glass, "There are matcha flavor and one that has more of a black tea flavor. I feel like he would like those. And I'll get the cotton candy flavor and vanilla"

"I think I'll get the pineapple and orange flavor in a milkshake," Iida said as he looked up at the menu. "What about you, Shoto?"

"Hmm," Shoto hummed. He surveyed the cold glad to look at the ice cream in the tubs. "I think I'll have a scoop of the Sakura flavor and a scoop of red bean. I want to get one of those dipped waffle cones with it."

They all ordered at the register with the worker right behind the counter who was very nice. She even brought up a charity that they were collecting donations for. So each of them donated about 500 yen towards the charity. And the bonus to that was having their names written done in kanji on small paper hearts to show how many people have donated on the far wall of the ice cream shop.

They thought nothing of it as their names were displayed as they waited for each of their orders to be made.

"Hey, dude. Check it out," one of the other customers was looking at the wall while his companion was playing a game on their phone. "One of the names is Deku. Who would name their actual child useless?"

Shoto's face scrunched up in confusion while Izuku froze in his talk with Iida.

The customer shrugged, "Heh. Maybe the kid is quirkless or something.

"Dude, don't say that in public," his companion commented, not looking up from his phone.

"What? It's not like that dude is here or anything. Plus, it's not like quirkless people are still around. I bet that 20 percent of the population are just really old people by now."

Shoto was slowly growing agitated by their words. He went to stand up from the table they were waiting at, but Izuku placed his hand over Shoto's left shoulder. "Don't, Sho-Chan. They aren't worth it."

Shoto looked back at the two as they went to go order their ice cream. They had entered after the others had donated, so they didn't know that Izuku was the one they were poking fun at.

Once their orders were ready, they thanked the worker and left calmly even though Izuku's friends wanted to go back and truly educate the other two customers in the shop.

"Izuku..."

Izuku starts to chuckle as they continue walking more slowly than they had before.

"You know, the main reason I want to become a hero is to make a difference. To make a difference so nobody has to worry about their quirk."

The two of them shared a look as Izuku continued to walk slightly ahead of them.

"That's why I always go with my papa to the charity organization he started to stop discrimination. When I hear their stories, I know I want to do something to help them," Izuku explained. The grin on his face never faltered as he continued to walk. The pint for his father was in a small bed in his left and his ice cream cone in his right. "And I have never-ending support from all of you to achieve that. I don't have to care what anyone thinks of me."

The two friends catch up to Izuku who starts to slow down while his soft laughter continues. They both walk up to Izuku and notice his shaking shoulders. How his head is tilted down and that they can't see his face because of the hat he is wearing. They both look towards each other before hearing Izuku sniffle in the middle of a broken laugh.

"I don't know why I feel so bad." Izuku's head tilts up to the sky to reveal a soft smile while tears started to run down his cheeks. He ignored the cold feeling of melting ice cream dripping onto his wrist. "Why do I hurt so bad?"

"Others have to go through so much worst than I do," Izuku sniffles harshly, using the sleeve of his shirt to wipe at his tears by tilting his head down into his arm.

Shoto breathed out, "Yeah."

"Shoto!" Tenya whispered yelled over to Shoto. All of their ice creams were slowly starting to melt down to their hands. Shoto frowned as he refroze the ice cream in everyone's hands. Except for Tenya because his milkshake was fine.

He looked back at Izuku who was rubbing at his cheeks to dry the tears. "Hell, I would have been one of them along with my siblings if you hadn't helped when we were young. Without you, I would not be living in the safe environment I am now. You already are helping out before you even become a pro hero."

"The charity organization is just one example of how you and Nedzu are reaching out to others to help. And what about the future students of UA? You told us how you presented them with new ideas to use so that there will be more balance in the entrance exam," Tenya brought up with a smile. He patted Izuku's back with his right hand as they kept walking. "You always find a way to help others because I know you. We know you."

"And we'll be there with you to help you out as a team in whatever you need. Even if it might be illegal,"

"Shoto."

"What, it's the truth?" Shoto ends up taking a bite out of the ice cream in his cone, Izuku sniffles, starting to finally calm down to a point where he had no more tears in his eyes. Izuku took a lick of his own ice cream while Iida looked between Shoto's mouth and the ice cream.

Tenya blinked, "I still can't believe that you can just bite into the ice cream—with your teeth— without flinching."

"Everyone in the family can do it. Except for Touya though, he has sensitive teeth," Shoto states deadpan. Izuku started to laugh ignoring the little sniffles that came through. "Although I've seen him fry an egg in his hand, season it and slurp it down."

Izuku started to laugh more loudly as they walked. Iida chopped his arm through the air. "That seems... efficient."

Shoto nodded before shrugging. "It's not efficient when he thinks it's great to cook some popcorn for family movie night only to have popcorn and hot unpopped kernels hurling through the air. Natsuo keeps finding them everywhere in the living room still,  lastly somewhere on the couch."

Shoto took a chance to look back at Izuku who was now wiping his faces clear of any tear tracks. His cheeks and eyes were still a bit red, but he wore a natural smile on his face again. He was just glad to bring the smile back on one of his best friend's face.

*

Shoto's fell into a deadpan expression. He looked at Bakugo with cold mismatched eyes, "His name is not Deku. He is not useless. And you won't refer to my friend as such," Shoto sneered. "His name is Izuku. Remember it."

"Fine Whatever floats your boat, flag boy," Bakugo rolled his eyes before lowering his voice to a harsh whisper, mindful of the fact that the others would hear if they talk too loud. "Is his family name Midoriya?"

Shoto's eyes widened slightly under his glare. "What?"

Bakugo's red eyes narrowed from the recognition in Shoto's expression.

"The battle has begun. Heroes can now enter the building. Reminder Ectoplasm is nearby," All Might's commanding voice came over the speakers.

"This conversation isn't over. Now don't get in my way. I'll deal with the two on my own," Bakugo announced while running out the room. Shoto's right hand started to frost over with ice.

How did Bakugo know? How did he find out? Even Shoto and Tenya didn't even get to know Izuku's last name until they were around ten years old. It was still on his legal documents since Nedzu didn't have a family name to give him. But they never used it.

So how in the hell did Bakugo know that Izuku's family name was Midoriya?

Shoto shook his head to refocus himself on his current task at hand. He had to get the room ready before the hero team showed up.

So he started by giving the floor a thin layer of ice. He utilized the pillars to make huge ice walls behind them to make sure that the Hero team couldn't hide behind the pillars or around them at all which would force them into his sight so he could fight with them easily. He spiked the ice walls to make it look more intimidating, but the spikes weren't as sharp as he could make them because he didn't want to injure his fellow peers even if it was an exercise.

'Hmm, I have a pretty tragic backstory. I'm perfect for this role if I think about it. Well, not much of my backstory is tragic, just a small bit of it,' Shoto thought to himself. 'I guess I can just pretend to be a villain, so I can fit into the role more as Iida had during his battle.'

*

Iida blinked at the screen. He saw that Bakugo had said something that set Shoto off before he had left. He glanced to the side to check in on the camera where Tokoyami and Asui were steadily jogging down the hall together.

"Izuku, did you catch what Bakugo was saying? I think he said something with 'ku', so I think he was talking about you," Iida admitted to Izuku who was too busy looking at his peers with an easygoing smile as he analyzed them head to toe.

Izuku shrugged, "I wasn't looking up when they started talking, so I couldn't read their lips. But it was likely he was talking about me or you to get on Shoto's nerves on purpose to throw him off. I am curious about what he said though."

"Maybe we can ask him about it when he gets out."

"Yeah," Izuku grinned mischievously. "He wouldn't dare keep something from his fiancée now, would he?"

Iida stifled a laugh while Izuku let his eyes wander to his peers again to calculate how well some of them would work together.

Yaoyorozu and Sero might work well together since both of them seem very respectful of each other. Yaoyorozu's quirk could make anything that could distract their enemies or that they could use against them in a fight. And Sero's quirk was already just like the capture tape that was provided.

Shouji could scope out the building beforehand with his quirk to see where the others were located. And Ashido could use her acid quirk for many purposes like corrosive purposes or just to use for speed.

Jiro seemed like she can handle the leadership role well. She could also scope the building out for the other team's location using her quirk. Kaminari could short circuit the power in the building to throw the building into darkness or just use a small shock to tase the other team to allow for an easier capture.

Hagakure could use her quirk for stealth while Ojiro could hold off the opposing team with his martial arts skill. Kirishima looked like he could work well with anyone. Koda would support his partner with all of his strength that he could handle.

Sato and Shinso were a pair that could work well if they have a good strategy. Shinso could guard the bomb and successfully capture the team when they answer a simple question and Sato would fight well against the other team using his strength.

Izuku turned to Iida's leaning against him, "I wonder how our dear fiancé will do."

Ojiro turned around slowly, blinking fast in bewilderment and confusion. "I'm sorry. But, did you say...?"

"Oh, my apologies. It is an inside joke between friends," Izuku answered. "Sorry for the confusion."

Ojiro nodded before turning around again to pay attention to the screen as Bakugo was slowly coming towards the location Asui and Tokoyami were.

*

Tokoyami stalked down the corridor, "Asui, my loyal hero partner, where should we—,"

"I told you that you can call me Tsu," Tsuyu answered back.

"Ah, right."

Dark Shadow popped up, "Let's go take down the bad guys!"

Tokoyami nodded solemnly, "Indeed. We will stick to the plan. I will take care of Fukuyama and you will draw away Bakugo."

"Ribbit. Yep," Tsuyu replied simply.

The two of them pause in their walking when they hear angry stomping coming from behind them somehow. Tokoyami swirled around to look behind them while Dark Shadow voiced out why he saw, "Here comes Bomb Boy!"

"Come here you damn extras!" Bakugo yelled out, flexing his hands as he let loose some small explosions. Dark Shadow backed away from the incoming light while Tokoyami got into a fighting stance in case Bakugo made a move against him.

"Tokoyami-Kun, go on ahead. Follow the plan," Tsuyu said while crouching low to the ground. "I'll deal with Bakugo-Kun."

"I want to see you try, extra!" bakugo shouted out, moving forward fast and raising his arm to set off an explosion.

Tsuyu backed up and jumped over him, drawing Bakugo's attention to her. "The villain persona oddly suits you, kero."

"You trying to say I'm a villain?!"

"No, you just have a strong personality that not many people would like. You don't seem like you would be that popular since you always seem so mad," Tsuyu stated honestly while Tokoyami took off in the direction that they were previously heading in. He just had to find where the bomb was.

"Hah? What the hell?!" Bakugo yelled out. His palms exploding in sparks with smoke starting to rise. Tsuyu took one glance down at his hands before jumping high in the opposite direction that Tokoyami had gone. Bakugo kept shouting as he sprinted after her.

Tokoyami raced through the halls with Dark Shadow wrapped around him, ready to attack with Shoto were around the corner. He kept jogging through every hallway, making sure to keep his voice down as he talked to Dark Shadow about each move that they would take. If Fukuyama-Kun was guarding the bomb, then he would use both his ice and fire to protect it. So they have to be ready to face the flame if they need to.

After running up through two more floors, Tokoyami finally started to hear something other than the soft hum of the air vents above him. He heard soft pacing and humming coming from down the hall. With a sharp intake of breath, Tokoyami turned on his earpiece to let Tsuyu know his location and where the bomb should be.

"Tsu, come in."

"Tokoyami-Kun?"

"Yes, it's appears that I might have found where the bomb is. It's on the fourth floor to my knowledge because I can hear movement from down the hall," Tokoyami whispered through the speaker

"Got it, kero" Tsuyu replied. Tokoyami nodded to himself before turning his attention back to the noise coming down the hallway. It sounded like Fukuyama was humming.

Tokoyami crept down the hall slowly, not wanting to build attention to his footsteps in the echoing corridor.

Suddenly when he got closer, the humming turned into his classmate singing in a low monotone voice, "London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down..."

"London bridge is falling down. My fair..." Shoto paused in his song to tilt his head back to the entrance where Tokoyami was trying to creep in. "Ah, it seems a hero has come to foil our villainous plans."

"Your reign of darkness shall not continue any longer," Tokoyami said.

"Oh," Shoto dramatically pressed his fingers against his chest like he was clutching for invisible pearls. "And who is going to stop me?"

"We are!" Dark Shadow shouted with his shadowy arms extending out to grab at Shoto. The villain participant put up a tall ice shield to block the shadow's attack. Tokoyami came running at him sideways to get to the bomb behind him since all he needed too do was touch it. Shoto stomped his foot to create a huge ice bubble wall around the fake bomb, careful not to touch the actual bomb.

Tokoyami dropped into a fighting stance with Dark Shadow beside him. "Your ice tricks will not slow me down!"

"Less talking, more fighting." Shoto put both of his hands out to produce a small flame and a spike of ice on his palms.

Tokoyami narrowed his eyes, heading straight towards the ice block Fukuyama had placed in front of him. Shoto watched his movements as the hero participant started to climb the ice shield with Dark Shadow hooking himself over the top of the shield. Shoto glared then stomped his foot to raise himself on an ice pillar to be higher than Tokoyami.

"Wanna try that again?" Shoto raised an eyebrow.

*

Tsuyu is hiding from Bakugo who was stomping down the hallways looking for her. She could hear the clinking of his boots colliding onto the hard floor.

'Hopefully, Tokoyami-Kun is getting close to the bomb by now," Tsuyu thought to herself right as her earpiece crackled on.

"Tsu, come in."

Tsuyu pressed her hand against her earpiece to hear her partner, "Tokoyami-Kun?"

"Yes, it's appears that I might have found where the bomb is. It's on the fourth floor to my knowledge because I can hear movement from down the hall," Tokoyami whispered through the speaker. "Come meet me here when you can."

"Got it, kero" Tsuyu replied right as she heard a ding not that far behind her. She turned around to see Bakugo coming up the hallway with a cocky smirk on his face.

"There you are. You think you could hide for that long?"

Tsuyu shrugged. She rose to her feet in case she had to jump to dodge his blasts. Bakugo ran at her causing her to jump, but he grabbed her ankle to force her back down to the ground. She fumbled to get out of his grip while he stalked forward towards her. Tsuyu steadied herself, jumping backward to get out of his range.

"Hey! You see these gauntlets?" Bakugo asked tauntingly. "They can store up a lot of my sweat to make an even bigger explosion as soon as I pull—,"

"BAKUGO-KUN! You are not allowed to use your support item gauntlets in this exercise."

"Hah?!"

"According to the support item sheet that Ectoplasm had given me, it shows that your gauntlet will create too big of an explosion which might make the entire building go into jeopardy of collapsing. So refrain from using such a big explosion or else you are disqualified from the exercise and the win will immediately go to the Hero team," All Might's voice explained from over the giant speakers. Bakugo sneered as he pulled his hands back from creating the huge explosion.

'It wasn't like I was going to do it. The frog extra probably couldn't dodge in time to not get hurt from the blast,' Bakugo thought to himself right as Tsuyu took the opportunity of his reprimand from All Might to take off running towards the fourth floor where Tokoyami should be.

Bakugo ran right after her with explosions to propel him. Tsuyu hopped from wall to wall quickly with Bakugo gaining right behind her.

Meanwhile, Shoto and Tokoyami were still fighting. Shoto ended up melting multiple pillars and ice shields except the one surrounding the bomb. Tokoyami was getting cold from the way he was shivering, so his movements were getting slower. With one last move, Shoto had finally frozen his legs to the floor. Dark Shadow tried to drip away at the ice quickly until Shoto wrapped Tokoyami's torso in the capture tape.

"One member from the hero team has been captured!" All Might announced. Shoto breathed out, melting some of the major ice walls surrounding him just a little since Bakugo should be dealing with the other hero team member by now.

"Get BACK HERE!" Bakugo yelled out not too far away from where Shoto was standing. He turned around to see a flash of green jumping right for him. Well not for him, but directly towards where the bomb is. He immediately put up another ice spiked shield to intercept their jump.

Fukuyama turned around to see his explosive partner coming through the entrance to the room. With a quick decision to end this fight fast, Shoto continued to freeze the ice shield so it wrapped around Asui.

"Villain Team WINS!" All Might shouted over the speakers while Bakugo's hands smoked. Shoto quickly got to work melt the ice around Asui while Bakugo just exploded the ice trapping Tokoyami to the floor more on accident than actually helping the other classmate out. The explosive blonde left the room while Shoto checked over Asui to make sure she was okay.

"Just call me Tsu," Tsuyu shivered slightly. "And I'm fine no need to worry."

"Oh, okay. In return, you may call me Shoto if you would like," Shoto replied honestly. He still kept his left hand warm as he walked with her back to make sure she was fine. Tokoyami walked on his right with Dark Shadow talking most of the time on the way back.

*

After Team B had won, Shoto was rewarded with the MVP of the exercise because of the multiple things he had done during it.

Bakugo looked conflicted since he had won, but he didn't win on his own at all. It was more like he only won because Shoto had dealt with capturing both of the heroes. He leaned against the far wall as the rest of the matches continued.

After that, the rest of the teams paired up together. Shinso and Sato went up against Kaminari and Jiro. Shinso and Sato were winning as the villain team until everything seemed to crumble. Jiro had gained the upper hand against Sato while Kaminari fought against Shinso. Kaminari had fallen for a pick-up line trick from Shinso which caused him to fall under his control. But Kaminari had accidentally shocked himself out of it when a pebble-sized piece of the ceiling above them fell on his arm when Jiro used her speaker move against Sato. He snapped out of Shinso's control and started to flirt with him using pick up lines even worse than the one that Shinso had used.

Shinso and Sati ended up losing since Kaminari fought with Shinso long enough to push him backward until he could reach the bomb. So close that Kaminari attempted to pin Shinso to the bomb but it wasn't as intimidating since the blonde was shorter than him.

Hagakure and Ojiro fought against Kirishima and Koda. Koda had distracted the villains by calling on the birds to sing outside the window. It became even more distracting when birds were suddenly in the room with Hagakure and Ojiro. Kirishima snuck inside the room while they were trying to shoo their birds away. Koda ended up apologizing a lot to Ojiro in particular after he and Kirishima had won because the birds were pulling at his tail.

Yaoyorozu and Sero went up against Ashido and Shouji. Yaoyorozu's team had won because of a series of events. Ashido skated ahead of Shoji and landed right into Sero's tape since she couldn't avoid it in time. Sero ended up capturing Mina right away while she pouted. Yaoyorozu had a capture net aimed through the web of tale that slowed Shouji down enough to make it easier for Sero to tape him up.

When everything was starting to wrap up, Izuku sneaked a glance at All Might who looked like he was proud of himself. And he had to give it to him because he did a pretty good job.

"Izuku, I think Bakugo is up to something."

"What do you mean? Does it have to do with the battle exercise?"

"How much did you see? Did you hear what he said?"

"No. I didn't hear anything that he said. And I wasn't paying attention to the screen to read his lips. Why? Did he say something bad to you?"

Shoto looked around them only to see that everyone was slowly moving out of the room to go back to class. Izuku waved on All Might to walk ahead of them when the pro hero stopped mid-step to check on why they weren't moving. All three of them exited the room after All Might with Iida walking behind them while Shoto began to retell them what happened during the exercise.

*

Once they made it back to the classroom, most of their peers were talking about how well everyone did in the exercises. Shinso was preparing his stuff to leave early to get to his extra lessons with Aizawa.

"Hello again, everyone," Izuku greeted cheerfully. He noted how Shinso was already heading to open the door with his bag and waved to him as well. "Bye, Shinso!"

"Dude, your battle was so intense," Kaminari complimented Shoto. Before turning to the other two friends. "And your battle was so cool to watch even though it didn't feel that long."

Izuku cleared his throat, "Has anyone seen Bakugo?"

"Oh, he left a few minutes ago. He wanted to leave early after going to visit Recovery Girl."

"Perfect. Thanks for telling me Kaminari-Kun. I need to go talk with him about something important," Izuku smiled gratefully to him. Kaminari felt a small bolt of fear run down his spine.

"Meet you two later," Izuku waved to both of his friends. Shoto and Tenya decided to stay behind as Izuku marched his way through the school to catch Bakugo.

Thankfully, he caught him right as he was heading for the archway near the entrance. Izuku joyfully waved to the pale blonde, "Bakugo-Kun! Slow down. I'll never get to talk to you if you keep walking away."

"Hah?" Bakugo turned around, "Oh, it's you."

"Yes, little old me," Izuku smiled tightly before clasping his hands together, "Now, why exactly do you know my personal information?"

"So your family name is Midoriya? Good. I was right then," Bakugo started, shoving his hands in his pockets. "So you are adopted?"

Izuku tilted his head, "That's a secret. And I don't just give away my secrets to anyone. You need to at least be a level three friend to start to learn my secrets. But somehow you know at least one already even though I have only known you for a day at most. Could you tell me why exactly you know my family name?"

Bakugo scowled at him and tsked, "My old hag was friends with your mom. The only reason I found out was because of the stories she told me. I put two and two together."

Izuku blinked in surprise. Someone...

Someone knew who his mother was? Someone who knows what his mother was like. Someone who could probably answer some of his questions about them.

Maybe they could answer questions about why his birth father gave him up at the school gates in the first place.

Wait... since someone knows about him, would this cause trouble?

"Are you done now?" Bakugo asked irritated.

Izuku slowly nodded his head, still stunned by the information. Bakugo had already begun to walk away without an answer to his question. Izuku studied at his hunched body language for a few moments before turning back around to UA.

*

Aizawa had his arms folded as he looked up towards the tree branch that Shinso was currently hanging from.

"Not so easy as you thought now is it?"

Shinso glared at him through the scarf web that he was being held up by. His glare wasn't at all intimidating. It didn't help that he was slowly swaying from the branch in an awkward position.

"But you are lucky. My nephew did just a bit worse than you did on his first try," Aizawa stated offhandedly as he retrieved his phone from his sweatpants pocket.

"Wait, really," Shinso replied at first, astonished that not only has someone attempted to use the capture scarf before, but also he was slightly better at it his first time. But the next bit of information hit him like a bullet train. "Hold on a minute... you have a nephew?"

Aizawa held up his phone and took a picture of his student looking disgruntled in the capture scarf around him. He was putting that picture in the folder with Izuku trying out the capture scarf for the first few times. "If you want to believe everything I say, then yes."

Aizawa started to dislodge the capture scarf around him. But as Shinso went to ask him about what he meant by that, he saw a familiar head of green hair walk by the training grounds. He did a double-take as he realized that the boy with green hair was so far away, but he looked like Izuku.

But why would Izuku be chatting so easily with the principal?

The sudden rush of questions to his head was interrupted abruptly when he fell to the soft grass below him because Aizawa unwrapped the capture scarf from the branch.

"Ow. That hurt."

"You'll get used to it." Aizawa shrugged. "Eventually."

*

Damn. That was a big chapter to write.

I was thinking of adding other socials here but i have no idea if people want them. Like I have a tumblr and a discord. And I made a tiktok account that I am debating on using? So let me know if anyone of you want that info.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.7K 1.3K 35
Izuku Midoriya was soon to be born and, guaranteed, loved by his family. But, when he was born with small, green fluffy cat ears and a slick tail, In...
182K 5.5K 32
(IzukuXReader) (Y/N) is a girl who is struggling with her life because of a man she has been trying to get away from for years, until she meets a kin...
2.6K 61 7
Izuku Midoriya. Who would've thought he had siblings? A little sister named Ika Midoriya. Inko, his mom, came to U.A to asked him to take care of Ika...
3.2K 99 13
⚠️WARNING⚠️ this story will contain physical and mental abuse, self harm, depression, and other triggers. This is a quirkless college AU. Izuku's m...