The Unwanted Marriage (UNDER...

By RafahStafford

Ever since Althea Evans's parents passed away from a horrific accident, her life turned upside down. Thea is... More

TROPES
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
30: Christmas Day
31: The moment
32: An old friend
33: the Last Day
34: the Promotion
36: Old times
37: Girls talk
38: Upset
39: Arguing
40: Sort things out
41: Made up
42: Family time
43: Baby talk
44: Old bestfriend
45: Surprise
46: Baby names
47: Josh
48: After the kiss
49: School moments
50: Midnight craving
51: Baby's room
52: Pain
53: Numb
54: The Voicemail
55: Nicholas
56: Dinner & Plan
57: The wedding
58: Honeymoon
59: Flashback
60: It's time
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter (1)
Bonus Chapter (2)
Bonus Chapter (3)
UNDER EDITING

35: The truth of the past

21.6K 652 111
By RafahStafford

WARNING!
This chapter may contain disturbing topics for some people so I apologize if you feel disturbed after you read this.

AUTHOR'S P.O.V

The tension between the two ex-lovers was radiating around the room. Arthur froze on his spot, looking into the person in front of him, who made his life living hell. The person who broke his heart in any possible ways, the person who took his heart away 4 years ago.

He had mixed emotions right now. Surprised, confusion, sadness, but mostly anger. Suddenly feeling the need to kick her out of the room, from his sight. He had no idea why she suddenly appeared in his life again, now that he is finally happy and no longer care about her.

He looked at the person in front of him, feeling slightly nostalgic with their past by looking at her. He admitted she still looks like the old Jessy he once knew, just thinner and paler without make up on.

Jessy on the other hand, feeling her heart beating so fast. She never thought she would meet him again, but she has to. She didn't want to bother him again, after everything she did to him. If anything, she knew she deserves the hate. But she has to meet him, she has to tell him everything. Even if it's too late.

Jessy was on the verge of crying. Seeing the love of her life again after 4 years. Yes, she still loves him the same even after all these years, she never stops loving him. There's nothing she wants to do than running to him and hug him tightly, but Lord knows she can't do that.

"After 4 years, leaving me at the altar alone, you have the nerve to show me your face?" Arthur began. He can't help but letting those words left his mouth, no matter how hard he tried to control his anger.

His words felt like a sharp knife to her, but she knew she deserves it. "Arthur, I know you hate me and I deserve that. But please, let me explain"

He scoffed. "What makes you think I will listen to whatever bullshits you're going to say?"

Jessy took a deep breath and tried to calm herself. "I know I made the biggest mistake by leaving you on our wedding, but please, just.. let me explain to you everything"

She couldn't even imagine the pain she has caused to him. She hates herself for doing that to him, for hurting him. They have known each others for more than a decade. She was his everything, and he is her everything.

"I don't need to hear anything that comes from your mouth, if anything it's all fucking bullshits," Arthur spat, he was raging, he wanted her to stay away from his life, just like she did. "You know where the door is, leave!"

"Arthur, please-"

"I said LEAVE!" He raised his voice, making her flinched.

She has never seen this side of him. He never raised his voice to her, so hearing him now made her realize how much she has hurted him, how much he hates her.

But Jessy was not planning to leave until she explains to him everything. He will have to listen to her, whether he likes it or not. Seeing that she won't leave, Arthur picked up his phone to call Mark.

"I have brain tumour!"

It made him stopped, he looked at her for a second. "Liar. I'm not going to fall for your lie once again"

She sighed then did something which surprised him. She took off her brunette wig, showing her not-so-bald head. Arthur lost his words as he saw her. He knew she was not lying. Nobody would shave their head only to lie about it. And he knew Jessy would never do something like that. After all, he once knew her well enough.

"When? Since when do you have brain tumour?" He couldn't help but asked.

She looked down. "I found out 2 days before the wedding"

Arthur closed his eyes as she said that. Now he knew something went wrong about her when she didn't make it to the wedding. Even though he didn't want to do this, but he was curious. He needed some explanations about her leaving.

And he will let her talk.

"Sit"

Jessy was stunned when she heard that. A part of her was happy that Arthur finally let her to explain to him everything. She wasted no time and sat down on the chair in front of him.

"Talk"

She took a deep breath. "I went unconscious a week before our wedding. I thought it was just because I was tired with our wedding preparation, but I started to get severe headaches, and seizures sometimes. I knew something went wrong, so I asked mother to take me to the hospital a few days later. After doing some medical check up, I was told that I have a brain tumour. And I was already on Grade 2"

Arthur listened to her without interrupting, he was trying to process everything she just told him. He was surprised to find out that Jessy has brain tumour, no wonder why she looked way thinner and paler. He has heard about the illness, and it's something serious.

"I-I was so broken when the doctor told me that, especially when I learnt that I may have a bad prognosis. I was torn," she teared up as she recalled the day she was told she has brain tumour.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

She sniffed and looked at him. "I couldn't. I was scared you wouldn't want to be with me again if you found out-"

Arthur shook his head as he just heard the most ridiculous thing. "This is ridiculous! You think I would have left you if you told me? Jessy you knew me better than anyone else, you would know that I would have never left you!"

Hearing that broke her heart, and that's when her tears fell from her eyes. "I know, I'm so sorry. I was so pessimist about my health, I was so angry at my illness that I couldn't think clearly. I was so torn by the fact that I was going to die. Arthur, I'm so sorry for everything"

She finally let those tears out, she couldn't take it anymore. Arthur didn't know what to do. He couldn't believe Jessy would think of him that way. Of all people, Jessy would be the last person who would think of him like that.

"Is that why you never made it to the wedding?"

Jessy wiped the tears with the back of her hands. "That was when I made the wrong decision. I left you. I didn't make it to wedding. I didn't know what to do. Dad had a good friend who is a doctor in Japan, so I left with my family and started getting chemotherapy there for years. I know I was wrong, it was so wrong of me to leave you, and without telling you. Arthur, I can't even begin to tell how sorry I am, for hurting you, for abandoning you on our wedding day. I was so not stable, with myself, and with my family"

Arthur was trying to calm down but every fibers in him screaming each time the woman in front of him talks.

"You couldn't even bother to inform me or my family that you left, could you? You just left like that," he shook his head, not believing what she said. "How hard it is to send me a fucking text that you couldn't come? How hard it is to tell me, your fucking fiancé? Do you even know how I felt when I never saw you walking down the aisle? Do you know how I felt when I was waiting for you at the altar, knowing you never come? Do you even know that I was waiting for you, for HOURS? I kept waiting for you! I had faith that you will come! I didn't care that the guests started to leave. I fucking wait for you, Jessy! How could you do that to me?!"

At this time, Arthur could no longer control his anger. All those anger for 4 years had come out, freeing themselves. All this time he was blaming himself at the thought of him being a shit boyfriend to her. All this time he wondered what went wrong to him that drove his ex-fianceé away. Only to have found out that it was Jessy all along. It was her issues that tore them apart. It was not him but her.

"I would have understood if you told me about your illness. I would have postponed our wedding until you get better. I would have taken care of you, God dammit!"

Arthur ran his hands through his hair, desperately wanting to scream. Jessy on the other hand, kept looking down at her hands, crying. She couldn't look at him, not that she was scared, she just couldn't see the hurt look on his face, knowing that she has caused that pain to him.

"Arthur, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for everything" is all she could say repeatedly.

"Why now? After all these years, why did you come now?"

This is the part where she was scared to tell him. The real reason why she finally came to him after 4 years. She was scared with his reaction if she told her another news, scared that he would get even angrier.

"Arthur, there's another thing that I have to tell you. But I want you to promise me that you will listen to me until I finish, and please try not to get mad"

"I'm already mad, what's the worse you can tell me?" He spat.

Jessy let out a sigh again. "Arthur, we have a son"

And just like that. Arthur was hit with another big news again. He has not even recovered from the actual reason why his ex-fianceé never made it to their wedding, now he has another news that he has a son.

"I BEG YOUR PARDON?"

"Arthur, please calm down," she begged him, seeing as Arthur began working up again. "I found out that I was pregnant a month after I left. Though it seemed impossible for me to continue the pregnancy whilst doing the chemo but I made it. I gave birth of our son by c-section. Yes he is your son, Arthur, I'm not lying"

Arthur was speechless. He has a son. He has a son with Jessy. A son he never knew until just now.

"He was born on 4th of June 2016, he is 3 now," she said then reached something inside her purse, taking out a portrait of their son. "This is him"

Arthur took the photo from her hand, studying the face of his son. Without even testing for his DNA, he knew it was his son. He looks just like him when he was young, except he has Jessy's eyes.

"Wh-what's his name?" He asked after a while.

"Joseph Anthony Williams, Josh for short. I named him after your middle name," Jessy said, looking at him carefully if he is okay with the name.

Arthur didn't seem to mind with the name, he was just bothered with the fact that he only just found out that he has a son with her.

"He is the main reason why I came back, Arthur. It is so wrong of me to never tell you when I was pregnant of him, and I'm very sorry to keep him from you for years," Jessy began again, ready to give him yet another news. "The thing is, Arthur, I'm on Grade 4 of brain tumour now"

Arthur looked at her, suddenly feeling anxious with that statement. "What does that mean?"

"It's the last stage of brain tumour, means that I'm gonna die within 2 years. That's what the doctor told me"

Jessy was told that she is now on Grade 4 a few months ago. The doctor told her a possible scenario that she may only has 1-2 years to live, by the Grade she is now. But even so, anything can happen. Miracle do happen.

Even though the doctor said that there's a chance that she may survive, for Jessy it could be the end of her. She has caused many damages to her life and Arthur's life, and now she was trying to fix it. She knew there is no chance of getting back to him again, but their son deserves a father. And Arthur deserves to reunite with his son again.

"Arthur, I come here not to ask you to take me back, because I know I don't deserve you. I just want you to meet Josh. He needs his father, he needs his father's love. I won't be able to watch him grow up, but his father will"

Tears built in Arthur's eyes as Jessy said that. He couldn't imagine what she went through. Sure she made a mistake, but people make mistakes too. He was not the only one who was suffering, she was too.

"Please, tell me you will take care of Josh"

"I promise I will take care of him, I'm his father"

Jessy could finally release a relief sigh when he said that. It's all she wants to hear right now, for Arthur to accept the news.

"I know you are married now. We can co-parenting Josh. He will stay with me until I'm- gone. But he can stay with you for a couple of days when he is ready, and you can always visit him whenever you want, I won't stop you"

Arthur nodded his head. "When can I meet him?"

"Whenever you are ready"

"I will let you know, give me your number"

They exchanged phone numbers, Arthur promised to give her a call soon. He will need to tell his wife everything first and definitely ask for her permission.

"I'm sorry for everything, I really am. I hope you can forgive me, Arthur"

He looked everywhere but her. "I need time for that"

Jessy nodded in understanding. Of course she expected to give him some time to forgive her. After all it was all her fault for doing this to him. It's not easy at all.

"That's all I need to tell you. I best be leaving now, thank you for your time"

Jessy stood up from her seat, feeling relief that she can finally tell him everything that had happened. She felt like the weight from her shoulders have been lifted and she felt free now.

Arthur watched as Jessy was about to leave. A part of him is still angry with whatever happened between them, but another part of him felt relief that everything is clear now, though he still needs time to forgive her.

Jessy opened the door and looked over at him once again. "Thank you again, Arthur"

Before she could leave, Arthur stood up from his seat. "Jessy, wait"

Jessy looked at him in confused, Arthur walked towards her and did something which surprised her. He gave her a hug.

"I'm sorry too, for not being there for you" he said before pulling away.

There's no need for holding grudges or playing angry to each others, they are both grown adults. Arthur knew he needed to push his ego aside and support Jessy now, after all she was once his everything. Now that they have a son together, he will need to learn to be civil with her again. For the sake of Josh.

Then he watched her leaving, feeling the pain once again. The pain she has caused all these years. He suddenly felt dizzy after hearing all those news from Jessy. He couldn't take everything all at once, it's causing him headache.

Right now he wants to go home and just see his dearly wife.

THEA'S P.O.V

"See you tomorrow, babe!" Bella said as she dropped me off to my house.

"Thanks for driving me home, Bels. See you tomorrow!"

I closed the door of her car behind me and pressed the house bell. Jane opened the door for me and took my purse with her. I took off my heels and headed to the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

It was only 10 but the house was awfully quiet. I took another glass of water and brought it to my bedroom. Once I opened the door, Arthur was nowhere to be seen. Placing the glass on the bedside table, I checked the balcony to see if he was there. He was.

He was standing by the fence, back-facing me. He looked like he was in a deep thought. I slide the glass door and walked up to him.

"Hey," I tap his back and stood next to him. His stare was empty. "Are you okay?"

He looked over at me then slowly pulled me into hug, burrying his face on the crook of my neck, taking me by surprised.

"Arthur, what's wrong?" I asked, feeling worried that he was upset.

"Hold me. Please just hold me, Thea" he mumbled behind me.

I wrapped my arms around him, rubbing his back to calm him down. His tone of voice broke my heart. He was not just upset, he was torn.

I didn't know what happened to him, I just know that I need to calm him down. And that's what I did. I didn't say anything, I just hold him like he asked me too.

We stayed like this for the next few minutes until we decided to get inside as it was getting chilly. He laid down on the bed with me beside him. He burried his face onto my chest, not saying anything. I decided not to ask what went wrong, I simply just stroked his hair to calm him down. He will talk to me when he is ready, and I'm not going to pressure him.

After a while, he finally calmed down and fell asleep. I took this chance to get up and take a shower because I was still wearing my work attire, so I carefully got up and got changed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 455 8
Hope you like this book. Do support 💜
10.5K 241 37
All of her life, she thought to marry a romantic man who could take care of her till death and didn't care about wealth that much. A man which she co...
3.5M 94.3K 38
Highest Ranking: #4 in Romance #1 in forcedlove Please read 'Yours Forcefully' before reading this book. ...
6M 205K 52
She has it all except his heart. She had done both amazing and ridiculous things but was still treated as a wallflower. She's been a good wife. Bu...