My Shifting Realities Experie...

By Sonyalone

I am by no means an expert on reality shifting, but over the past few days I have done a lot of research on d... More

Where Should You Start?
Subliminals
Scripting
My Script
Methods
My Experience
getting closer..
hogwarts class schedule
trying something new
script template
a new DR?
November Update
My 1950's DR
My DR Dreams
what i know about lucid dreaming
my first lucid dream!
why am i shifting to the 50's?
this is for you
tips for shifting to the 50's (or another era)
my routine
on emotions..
what is a soulmate?
How To Connect
i haven't given up
what is okay to script?

How I script (with an example)

215 2 1
By Sonyalone

I don't know how much scripting everyone else does, or how thorough it is, but I have said multiple times now that I like to script like I'm writing a novel. I write out different scenes that I think of or have been imagining for some time as a way to feel more connected. I've toyed with the idea of sharing my script for a while because when I was first starting out all I wanted were examples, plus I'm pretty proud of what I have, but because this DR is so personal to me there's a lot about it I don't want to share. All the people in my script (aside from my DR family) are real people who exist in this reality too, and a number of them are my family members and I'm not comfortable sharing last names or details about where this is (a small town in Washington is the most in depth you're getting). That being said, I have plenty of script to choose from (almost 50,000 words when I take out all the basic stuff and relationships, that's almost 50,000 words of just scripted scenarios). My script ranges from the day I shift to (August 12, 1955) all the way to an encounter with an ex-boyfriend in a grocery store in 1970 with my kids. Of course most of my script is merely speculation or intuition, it's all really just for inspiration and to make me feel closer, and maybe the only part of it that will be the same as in my DR is the part where I say I open my eyes in my DR bedroom, but just imagining all of this makes me feel so much closer. So without any more blabbering, here's an excerpt from my script.

(In case you're new and skipped over all my other chapters I'm shifting to my town in the 50's. My name is Peggy, my best friends are Len and Karren, and my boyfriend is Jerry)

As a bit of exposition, Jerry and I have been interested in each other for about a year now, we went out a bit in the fall but things got complicated in January as we both got really busy and I had a weird relationship with a boy in theatre, but he finally worked up the nerve to ask me to the Junior Prom. We had an excellent night dancing and enjoying ourselves, the same unfortunately can't be said for Len and his date Mary, who got into an argument (this is a fact, she wrote about it in his yearbook and three others hinted at it, she also apparently lost her shoe that night). As I've mentioned, my father can be very strict, especially when it comes to enforcing curfews with my dates.

Also forgive me, this is one of maybe three instances in which people in my DR swear, extenuating circumstances I suppose. Also I promise it's not all mush with Jerry, two years worth are me trying not to be mushy with Jerry! And this is about two and a half years after the day I plan to shift to.

•••

April 18, 1958

"Oh golly, it's pouring!" I note as we halt in the doorway of the Grange.

We have spent the evening dancing and smiling and enjoying our Junior prom surrounded by Japanese fans and cherry blossoms, but the dance is winding down and we are heading home. I hold Jerry's arm, Len and Mary just behind us. It has rained the whole night and couples are running through the parking lot, up to their ankles in water. Some boys carry their dates, others just make a break for it.

"I guess we'll see you" Len makes his way past us, patting Jerry on the shoulder. I give him a quick hug.

"Drive safe!"

He nods and Mary waves goodbye before following him to the truck. I notice she does not take his hand, evidently still unhappy after their argument.

"Let's make a break for it" I say, tugging the sleeve of Jerry's jacket.

"Alright" he replies, surprised I want to run in the mud.

I tug him out after me and the two of us dash through the rain and the mud squealing. Suddenly I feel my foot sink into the soft ground and I start to fall. Jerry catches me, steadying me. My foot is engulfed in mud and I am trying fruitlessly to yank it out.

"Here" Jerry puts his hands on my waist, I wrap mine around his neck, and he grasps me firmly and pulls me out, flipping my legs around to carry me bridal style. I laugh, peering at my mud covered foot.

"Well that's one way to end the evening" he teases, grinning widely.

If he only knew the half of it.

"Alright, I've got to unlock the car" he sets me down, fumbling for his keys. I try to kick the mud from my shoe, leaning against the passenger door.

Jerry unlocks the car then hurries around to the other side and slides in.

"Oh, I don't want to get mud all over" I look around for something to protect the floor.

"Here, I got some, ugh, old papers" Jerry grunts, leaning to the backseat and emerging with a handful of old mock-ups for the Vanguard. I carefully strew them over the floor before placing my muddy feet in the car.

We look at each other and laugh again. We are both soggy. Jerry's hair is deflated and droops in his face and I can feel my own curls falling out of shape.

"Let's get you home, I don't want your father getting the wrong idea about me" he turns the key and the car engine roars to life. I flip the visor down and check myself in the mirror. As I expected my curls are no longer in place, falling meekly past my shoulders. My nose and cheeks are red from the cold April rain and laughing so much. I flip the visor back up as Jerry backs up. Then there's a thunk as he backs into someone.

"Shit" Jerry curses. I hold my tongue in scolding him.

Jerry swings the door open and jumps out to check the damage. I turn in my seat and watch out the back window.

Jerry is peering at the back of his car, joined by Mike. Jerry pats him on the shoulder and shakes his head. They both look up, I smile at Mike, who waves, then they return to talking. Moments later Jerry climbs back in the car and shuts the door.

"Hardly a dent," he pulls back into the parking spot. Mike passes us, honking.

"What a relief" I sigh, leaning back into the seat. Jerry cranks the heat up and I get comfortable.

"They make cars pretty good these days, Mike was real sorry though, couldn't see me through the rain."

"I haven't seen it rain like this in a while"

"Gosh when they said rain I didn't think they meant end of the world type."

"Well either way tonight was splendid" I sigh again.

"I had such a swell time Peg, thanks for coming with me."

"Well thank you for inviting me, I've never danced so much in my life"

"That can't be true, you dance more than anyone I know"

"Well that's the most I've danced with one person in my life"

"So you've been playing the field all these years?"

"I've got to find a guy who can keep up with me on the dance floor!"

"And how do I measure up?"

"Pretty well I'd say, you didn't fall behind once"

Jerry's smile is illuminated as we drive under a streetlight. Then the engine starts to sputter, then dies.

"What?" I question.

"I don't know" Jerry furrows his brows, pulling over. He tries the engine again and it sputters, and dies. "Somethings wrong" he concludes.

He opens his door and gets out, popping the hood. I open my door and get out as well.

"Stay in the car, it's freezing out here" he gestures.

"It's dark, do you have a light?" I ask.

"There's a flashlight in the trunk"

I make my way to the trunk, opening it and finding a heavy duty flashlight. I return to the hood, shining the light on the engine for Jerry. He fumbles with it for a while before getting frustrated.

"This things shot!" he exclaims.

"You can't fix it?"

"No! This parts gonna need replacing, this'll cost me a fortune" He rubs his forehead, smearing grease across it. He looks so irritated, but I can't help but smile at him.

"What?"

"You have grease on your face" I note.

"Where?" He rubs his cheek, smearing even more.

"Oh never mind, you're making it worse" I giggle. He rolls his eyes, grinning. Then he notices me shaking.

"Oh, gee Peg you must be freezing!" He exclaims at once. He slams the hood shut and pulls off his jacket, placing it over my shoulders and leading me to the back of the car. He opens the door and we slide into the backseat together.

"Gosh you're cold as ice" he worries, pressing my hand to his cheek. I look at him, the cold the last thing on my mind. He tugs his jacket tighter around me and I wiggle closer to him.

"You're so warm" I gasp, feeling his chest.

"Well, c'mere" Jerry pulls me to him. He wraps his arms around me tight and I lay my face against his chest. I can feel his warmth through the soaked shirt plastered to his skin, his heart beating loudly.

"Let's maybe not tell my father about this part" I sigh after a while.

"Your father.." Jerry trails off, "how am I going to get you home"

"We could walk and find someone who will let us use their phone" I suggest.

"The nearest house has to be a good half mile down the road, you can't walk that"

"I'm sure I can, you underestimate me"

"I could go.."

"And leave me here? We don't know what kind of creeps could be out here"

"I guess you're right. Walking it is huh. Gee Peg, I'm sorry about this."

"Don't be! I'm still having a swell time"

I feel his hand stroke my hair and regretfully I pull away.

"We had better head out, my father will think you've abducted me"

Jerry smiles sadly and we brace ourselves for the cold. He gives me a hand getting out of the car and I steady myself on the pavement. The rain has let up a bit, but is still steady.

We look at each other for a second, thinking the same thing, but Jerry averts his gaze turning red.

"If we just head down this road a ways we're bound to find some houses" he rambles, running a hand trough his hair nervously.

So I make the move we've both been wanting to make.

I put a hand on his cheek, bringing his face to mine and kiss him. He leans into it and I feel him smiling against my mouth. After several moments we separate, both grinning.

"Peg," he bites his lip, still smiling.

"I've wanted to do that for a while" I admit.

"You have no idea" Jerry responds, then he pulls me to him for another kiss. This time one hand is on my neck, the other pulling me closer by the waist. I let mine come to rest on his chest and we kiss for longer than we should.

"All right, walking, in the rain" I finally pull away, forcing us back to reality.

"Yes, we'd better get you home" Jerry remembers.

"Let's go?" I hold out my hand. Jerry smiles and takes it.

"Let's go"

•••

So I hope you enjoyed seeing a glimpse of my script! I can't tell you how many little scenes I scrolled through and vetoed for various reasons 'too personal' 'too many last names' 'just not that good' but this is one of the earlier ones that I've tweaked a lot over the weeks. I also scripted the next scene where we have to ask strangers for help and my father ridicules Jerry for getting me home late (it all ends in hugs and cocoa though, no worries). Please let me know if you have any thoughts :) If you liked my writing, if you have questions for me, or if you just want to share how shifting is going for you! I love getting comments of any kind and I always do my best to reply.

Happy shifting!

555

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 133 36
I get most of my information from Amino (Tiktok has lots of false info) I've been researching for a while now, decided to help out some people! thank...
36.4K 349 49
I'm learning how to shift and this will pretty much be like my journal and my stories of when i get there. i hope you read but if you don't that's re...
17.1K 240 9
*เณƒเผ„"๐•‹โ„๐”ผโ„๐”ผ'๐•Š โ„•๐•† โ„™๐•ƒ๐”ธโ„‚๐”ผ ๐•ƒ๐•€๐•‚๐”ผ โ„๐•†๐•„๐”ผ"โ‹†.เณƒเฟ”*:๏ฝฅ หš เผ˜โ™ก โ‹†๏ฝกหš. ๐’ฒ๐ป๐ธ๐‘…๐ธ ๐’œ ๐’ฎ๐ป๐’ช๐‘…๐’ฏ ๐’ข๐ผ๐‘…๐ฟ ๐’ฒ๐ผ๐’ฏ๐ป ๐ผ๐’ฎ๐’ฎ๐’ฐ๐ธ๐’ฎ ๐ผ๐’ฉ ๐’ฏ๐ป๐ผ๐’ฎ ๐‘…๐ธ๐’œ๐ฟ๐ผ๐’ฏ๐’ด...
2.2M 46.4K 46
โš  y'all i was fourteen that is a big ass warning for all of these โš  Selection of my Draco Mafloy imagines which can also be found on my tumblr, @shys...