Khawabeeda

By KhawabeedaLarki

just a bunch of short stories that are stuck in my head.🌚 ●Uzr (Complete) ■Ta'beer (Complete) More

Introduction
Disclamer/Clarification
Copyright
●عذر●
●2●
●3●
●4●
●5●
●6●
●7●
●8●
●9●
■تعبیر■
■2■
■4■
■5■
■6■
■7■
■8■
■9■
Fanmade Covers

■3■

17K 1K 324
By KhawabeedaLarki

"Let the party commence!"

Wali yelled and started pushing the kids car in which Badiya was uncomfortably sitting with her butt on the seat and legs laying on the bonnet. They were roaming the halls after dinner as all the preparations were completed for tomorrow's Qawali Night when they found the car in one of the store rooms and Wali decided to give Badiya a special tour of the first floor. They were both dressed in their pajamas, Badiya wearing a Winnie the Pooh tee and matching sleeping pants with a party cap on her head, her hair in a complete mess and Wali was wearing the white T-shirt with his age on the back and grey sweatpants.

The car zoomed through the hallways and Badiya was screaming her lungs out. Their laughs were resounding in the whole house. They had covered almost half of the special tour when Wali left the car abruptly standing straight with wide eyes and the car went skidding till it was stopped by a furious looking Shehryar dressed in his office clothes.

"Are you both out of your minds?" Shehryar stood up straight after stopping the car by placing his hands on the bonnet and glared at them both.

"Bhai, we were just having fun." Wali said sheepishly.

"Fun ka Abbu btatay hain tumhe. Aunty and Uncle are here. They all are all waiting in the living room." Shehryar said in glowering tone.

"Mere gifts!"

"Mama Baba!"

Wali and Badiya yelled at the same time and Wali ran towards the stairs excited to see what his favourite aunt and uncle had gotten him for his birthday. No one would believe he is turning twenty-three tomorrow as he still behaves like a three-year-old.

Badiya also wanted to run but she was stuck in the car and couldn't figure out how to get out of it. Shehryar was still standing there looking at her struggling.

"Ese hath bandhay kya kharay hain. Madad krain meri." (Why are you standing there like that? Come, help me.) She said with a pout. He groaned in annoyance and picked her up by placing his hands under her arms. Badiya would have swooned over the ease with which he picked her up if she didn't hear him mutter, "So freaking childish."

"I'm not a child!" She grabbed his sleeve to stop him for turning around and yelled looking up at him. She was very offended by this comment of his. He has no right to call her a child. She is a grown woman.

"Then stop fucking behaving like one, Badiya!" Shehryar grabbed her hand off his arm and yelled at her startling her. She had received scoldings from him before but he never cursed infront of her. Why was he so angry?

"Grow up and act your age. We are bloody engaged to be married and I don't want to wife a fucking kid who hasn't even come out of her childhood." He glared at her one last time before turning around and leave.

Badiya stood there stunned for a moment as a tear slipped out of her eye. He had never been so harsh with her and she felt deeply hurt.

She wiped her tear quitely and followed his footsteps towards the living room. She expected Wali to be jumping around with his presents or something but the atmosphere of the room was quite serious.

She went and hugged her parents saying her salam and then looked around at everyone.

"Where are Waliya and Umer?" She asked her parents about her siblings.

"We actually came here on an urgent notice so they couldn't come." Her father replied.

"Is everything okay?" She asked still in her mother's embrace.

Wali passed her a few printouts. There were articles with photos of Wali and Badiya published on different online platforms. Some of the articles were curious about who the mystery girl is in Wali Shah's arms as Badiya's face was not visible in most of the pictures. Some articles were suggestive about Wali and Badiya being in a relationship and so on. Those pictures might not be odd for her or Wali as they had been together since diapers but for the public and media it must be a 'haww' thing seeing her hanging from Wali's arms.

"This...." She didn't know what to say about the matter. Thankfully the media didn't know who she was or it would have been a much bigger deal.

"I had the articles removed and the pictures deleted but I don't know what to do about the running mouths of the people who'll be attending tomorrow." Shehryar said looking at his father with an expressionless face.

"I was actually thinking af announcing the engagement the same day when Shery will be made the Shah of our village but I guess we should do it tomorro-" Kaleem Shah was saying when Badiya intruppted him.

"No! I mean uh-I think it'll be too much if we announce the engagement tomorrow. Umm...Bi Jee! Bi Jee ko kitna bura laggay ga agr unko baad mai pata chala." (Bi Jee would feel offended if she comes to know after everybody else.) Badiya didn't want their engagement to go public. She was really hurt over what Shehryar said and if he really considers her a child and didn't want to marry her then why would she want to hurl herself on him?

"Baat tou theek keh rahi hai Diya." (Diya is right.) Her Baba said. Bi jee was the sister of Kaleem Shah's father. She was a very strict women yet loving who was widowed at a very young age and spent all her life in the haveli handling all the village affairs side by side her brother. Badiya had met her a few times only and she was scared shitless of her. She was a very traditional women with old beliefs. Badiya had to walk on eggshells around her like everyone else except Shehryar as he was her favourite grandson and she always showered him with love.

Badiya felt a heated glare on her and looked up to see Shehryar burning holes in her skull. She raised an eyebrow at him and his glare only intensified.

"I think removing the shi-stuff...removing the stuff from internet was enough. We all are going to village in two weeks. We can prepone it to like a week and once the engagement is announced everyone will shut up. As for tomorrow, Bhai and Diya can act all lovey dovey and the spotlight will be shifted to them which will be good for the company publicity as well. Simple." Wali said shrugging and taking the printouts back from Badiya.

"I look handsome though." He sheepishly smiled at everyone.

"For the first time, I believe Wali is right. Not about the handsome comment but the situation." Kaleem Shah said everyone chuckled- everyone except Shehryar- and the atmosphere became a little less tense.

"I'll make arrangements for the end of next week and till then the ladies can complete their preparations." He continued and everyone agreed. The conversation diverted to topics related to the travel and engagement ceremony.

~

"Hayye! Chhoti bachi hi keh diya."

(What! He called you a kid.)

Wali and Diya were sitting in the lounge on the floor to have their movie marathon as everyone else had gone to their rooms. After alot of pestering, Badiya told Wali about why she didn't want the engagement to be announced tomorrow and why she was in a bad mood.

Wali exclaimed after listening to the whole story and Badiya nodded with teary eyes and a pout on her lips.

"Han. Ab tum hi btao mai bachi hun kya? You are a guy yourself. Am I not appealing?" (Yes. Now you tell me, do I look like a child?) She said standing up and giving him a twirl.

"Hmm. Thora sa left profile dikhao." (Hmm. Show me your left profile.) Badiya turned a little right.

"Ab thora sa right profile." (Now your right profile.) Badiya turned a left.

"Array, achhi khasi to hai meri behn. Bs Bhai ko ehsaas dilana parray ga. (But my baby sister is so beautiful. We just have to make Bhai realise it.) Actually he's has become so invested in those office files of his that his eye-sight has become weak. We'll show him how pretty his Diya is by dazzling his eye-sight back to place." He grabbed her hand and pulled her beside him draping an arm around her shoulders.

The night went on as they watched endless movies and slept halfway through. Shehryar got up at around three o'clock to take them to their rooms and he couldn't stop his laugh at the sight in front of him. Badiya had her face in the popcorn bucket sleeping soundly and Wali had his hands perched up on his chest with a half-eaten pizza slice still in his hands like he was hugging the pizza slice with his mouth open snoring loudly. He clicked a picture of them both and then picked up Badiya in his arms dropping her in her bed and covering her with the comforter.

Then he went to take Wali and as usual he didn't wake up so he had to carry him as well. He was a bit heavy but Shehryar managed. Halfway through Wali started to snuggle him and murmuring something in his sleep with a smile.

"Has...hmmm...hasifa, my strawberry." Shehryar looked at him weirdly and chuckled quitely. Finally someone caught his brother's eys or more like captured his dreams. He'll have to run an inquiry on his brother it seems.

~

"Please place this bouquet in Shehryar's room and these boxes in Wali's room. And their clothes will be delivered soon so just keep notice of it and take them to their rooms as well please."

Badiya instructed the male house help and he nodded in affirmation. It was after breakfast and everyone was preparing for the Qawali Night. Shehryar and Wali had already recieved the gifts from their family and close relatives after they cut a cake, baked by their mother, during breakfast. She, ofcourse, didn't give them anything as she always gifted them matching outfits for their birthday party and it was a surprise for everyone including them as nobody knew what she has decided for them to wear. She just got the delivery from the flower shop she had ordered flowers from for Shehryar and Wali.

After asking the house help to place the things in their rooms, she went to her own room as she had nothing else to do. Everyone was busy with their own thing and she didn't want to disturb anybody for company. She entered her room and sat down on the bed. Her gaze went towards the almirah and she got up to decide her outfit for the evening. Her hand skimmed through the dresses her mother had packed for her and stopped at the covered outfit supposedly for the event. She took it out and opened the zip of the cover to take out the dress.

It was a light pink chiffon dress with sequin work on it. It was cute but nothing eye-catching. Well, obviously, it wasn't eye-catching because she never wore such clothes and her mother had stopped insisting after a few tries and resorted to a bit simpler and cute outfits. But today she didn't like the dress her mother selected for her because it screamed 'childish' to her. She had tried her best to forget whatever Shehryar spewed to her as she usually did to his scoldings but what he said last night wasn't leaving her mind. She wanted to prove him wrong but she didn't know how.

She just pouted at the dress and went to take a long bath after laying the dress on the bed taking her undergarments with her. She spent an hour and a half soaking in the warm water after washing herself and then came out in a modest bathrobe.

She was just standing infront of the mirror looking at herself when the door opened and Wali came in with a few bags in his hand. She turned around and narrowed her eyes at him.

"Larkiyon ke kamray mai ese hi nahi challe atay." (You shouldn't just come barging in a girl's room.)

"Knock knock. Wese bhi it's a child's a room, no?" Wali knocked at her forehead like you would knock at a door and teased her.

"Wali!" Badiya whined rubbing her forehead.

"Is this the dress you were going to wear tonight?" Wali asked placing the bags on the bed and looking at the pink dress distastefully.

"I guess so." She said scratching her head.

"Nope. Not at all. We have to take revenge on Bhai and this won't work with my plans." Wali said tsking and took out a yellow shiny fabric from one of the bags.

"What's this?" Badiya asked him coming forward.

"This is what you're going to wear tonight and raise the temperature looking smoking hot. Specially bhai ka." He winked at her. She looked at the saree in Wali's hand and dug her hand in one of the other bags and took out a piece of clothing which was supposed to be a blouse.

She looked at it with wide eyes and then looked at Wali.

"Yeh itna chhota kiyu hai. Or itni deep neckline? Maine yeh pehna to Mama mujhe maarain na maarain, tumhara bhai mujhe maar de ga." (Why is this so short? And this deep neckline. Even if Mama doesn't say anything, your brother will kill me.) Badiya shrieked and dropped the piece of clothing back in the bag.

"Array maarain ge nahi, marr jayain ge tumharay pr. And don't you want to put him in his place. How dare he insult you like that?" (He won't do anything else than drooling over you.) Wali goaded her.

"I'm not sure if I can carry or even tie a saree." She said giving him an unsure look.

"It's ready-made. You just need to do a few hooks only. And if you'd doubt yourself like that, phir tou bhai sahi prove ho jayain ge na." Wali had thought the plan through and Badiya had no other choice but to oblige to it as she also wanted to prove Shehryar wrong and rub it in his face.

"...okay."

"Great. Now change into it." He said excitedly.

Badiya rose a brow at him and he gave her a confused look.

"What?"

"Get out." Badiya folded her arms and Wali looked at her incredulously.

"But I have to help you in putting the look together."

"And what do you know about women's fashion?"

"You don't know about fashion either. Two bads might make one good." He replied cheekily.

"Touchè, but you need to go get ready yourself."

Wali huffed but left her alone to get ready. She carefully took out and unfolded the uncreased saree. Even if it was a ready-made saree, she still needed help with how to carry it and with her make-up and accessories. She cannot just go bare-faced or with only a lipgloss and without accessorising the outfit as it would ruin the whole plan of having a dramatic entry and leaving everyone- especially Shehryar- stunned. She first thought of using online tutorials but then decided against it. She then video called Armeen and she picked up in a few rings.

"Hello there." She chirped in her usualy happy tone. Badiya had called Armeen the day she reached here to tell her about the whole Bhabhi scenario and she threw a tantrum that why did Badiya not tell her before but then started teasing her as well. Badiya hadn't told her about what Shehryar said to her and she didn't plan on doing it either. So she just asked for help using the excuse that she was just feeling like doing something dramatic with her outfit. Armeen was more than happy to help her.

"So do you have any make-up with you?" She asked Badiya excitedly.

"Uh...." Badiya set the phone on the dresser and went to check the bag which had her toileteries. If she herself had packed, she wouldn't have packed any make-up but her mother had done the packing so she must have. And her guess was right as she found a black bag filled different make-up products and she showed it to Armeen.

"Okay. First change into the blouse and underskirt and then we can do your makeup and hair after which you can wear the saree and we'll check out the accessories you have."

Badiya muttered an 'okay' and turned the camera off. She then changed into the blouse, hooking it up with great difficulty and then wore the under skirt.

Armeen whistled loudly when the camera turned back on and Badiya blushed lightly. Her midriff was completely exposed and she adjusted the neckline so that there is no cleavage showing.

"Setting the floors on fire today, aren't we?" Armeen teased.

"Meenu!" Badiya whined wrapping her arms around her stomach and Armeen laughed.

"So let's start with your makeup. Did you moisturize your body?" She asked after making a mental note of the steps she should make Badiya do.

"Hehe. I forgot." Badiya stated sheepishly and recieved a glare.

"Lord knows how you still have such good skin. First moisturize yourself and show me the products you have." Armeen said taking out a few of her own makeup products so she could demostrate properly.

Badiya lathered up the body milk and the face cream then showed Armeen all the products she had. Armeen first asked to put some primer on her face and dab it gently on her face and then massage it in. She then asked Badiya to take the light coverage foundation she had and put a small amount on her face and the showed her how to blend it properly. Badiya tried her best to copy Ameeen's action and at the end resorted to blend it by hand. Armeen then asked her to take a little amount of light peach colour and dab it on her eyelids and put the same colour on her cheeks using a bigger brush. She then put on some mascara very carefully trying not to poke her eyes and put on an orangish-pink lip colour Armeen asked her to. Badiya then put on the chamkeeli Armeen called highlighter on her nose, cheek bones, brow bone and even collar bones.

"Hmm. I think this as good as we can do." Armeen said after Badiya sprayed on the setting spray. Then they both decided on the jewellery. Badiya refused to wear heavy jhumkas as her ears were dear to her so they decided on a gold and pearl choler necklace and a few danity rings adorning her fingers. She also straightened her hair using a straightening brush type thing and did a sleek middle part.

They said their goodbyes after Badiya wore the saree and Armeen guided her how to pin it securely and how to move around gracefully and showered her with compliments.

~

"Bhai, can you help me with this pocket-square?" Wali barged into Shehryar's room fiddling with the pocket square of his dark blue prince coat which was paired with black shirt and pants. Shehryar was standing infront of the mirror in his black prince coat paired with beige shirt and pants spraying on some cologne.

"When will you leave your habit of barging into rooms without knocking?"

Shehryar gave Wali a stern look but turned around after placing the perfume back and set his pocket square properly.

"Sorry." Wali said sheepishly and then scratched his neck asking in a fake non-chalant tone.

"Wese Bhai, Abbu ke wo jo college friend hain jinke ghar gaye the hum last week, is he coming tonight?" (That college friend of Abbu whose house we went to last week, is he coming tonight?)

"Mr. Iqbal. He is invited so I guess he will."

"With family?"

"I think so. Khairiyat? Tum Abbu ke friends mai itne interested kabse ho gaye." (Everything okay? When did you become so interested in Abbu's friends?) Shehryar asked Wali turning back towards the dresser to give his hair the last touch.

"Nai wo bas wese hi. Oh, nice flowers. Diya ne heart shape wala love letter bana kr nahi diya sath mai." (I was just asking, nothing special. Oh, nice flowers. Diya didn't give you a heart-shaped love letter with these?) Wali successfully diverted the topic when he saw the bouquet carefully placed on his bedside table amd teased his elder brother.

Shehryar just glared at him in response which told him to shut up but Wali was remained unaffected and gave a loud laugh.

"Koi nai. Next time." Wali further teased him and Shehryar just grabbed him by the back of his neck and dragged him along saying,

"We should get going. The party is about to start."

Author's Note
And here I am with the next chapter. Sorry for such a long delay. I took such a long time to select the wardrobe ( thankyou  whatevaaaahh for putting up with my demands and helping me out immensely) and then I got super busy with something else. But I hope the chapter is worth the wait. Hehe.

And, yes. Yes, I sold Wali's love interest's character to whatevaaaahh for these brownies.🙈🙈 They were delicious though.

So will be introducing her character in the next chapter, hopefully. Get ready to get your hearts broken lol xD.

Tell me what do you think about the chapter.

Please vote.

~❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

683K 28.8K 110
A beautiful collection of short stories where love always wins.❤️
125K 6.6K 31
❝ your heart and my heart are very, very old friends.❞ ~ Hafiz - ✨A collection of short stories waiting to be read✨ Grab onto your popcorn buc...
10.1K 605 9
Short Stories!!!
278K 11.7K 19
❞عشق کی ابتدا تم۔ حسن کی انتھا تم۔❝ - One catastrophic night, two machinating men; one dead and one alive, shackled two estranged souls to the same f...