✓ Heavenly

By demetersdoom

you have aroused my anger and turned your back on me ✶ Harry Potter / Order of the Phoenix - Deathly Hallows More

Angel face, devilish thoughts. . .
000. The Death/The Birth
Part One: Blink from a Universal Eye
001. Just Like Astrid
002. Parental Guidance
003. Hogwarts Express
004. Ministry Interference
005. Poison Ivy
006. Eye To Eye
007. Heavy On My Mind
008. Defense Against The Dark Arts
009. Eyes Of The Ministry
010. Mind Over Matter
011. Little Sister
012. Lovegood
013. I Must Respect My Superiors
014. Nothing Special
015. Law Of Attraction
016. Life and Death, Good and Evil
017. When Push Comes To Shove
018. Halo Model
019. Only In My Dreams
020. Hog's Head
021. The High Inquisitor
022. In The Fireplace
023. Halfbreed
024. Dumbledore's Army
026. Heavens And Back
027. Absolute Power
028. The Voice In The Void
029. Girl Interrupted
030. St. Mungo's
031. A Single Cry On Christmas
032. Valentine's Day
033. Kindred Spirits
034. The Tiger and The Tigress
035. The Plunge
036. In Control
037. Department of Mysteries
038. Beyond The Veil
039. Guardian Angels
040. Judgement Day
Part Two: A New World Order
041. Revelations
042. Holy Terror
043. Lazarus Rising
044. Venus Black
045. No Rest For The Wicked
046. Coconut Vanilla
047. House Of Cards
048. Dumb Luck
049. Teenage Dream
050. 'Tis The Season
051. Light And Dark
052. Nobody Likes A Bitch
053. God's Grace
054. Trouble In Paradise
055. Kiss And Tell
056. Lightning-Struck Tower
057. Time Will Come
058. Getaway Angel
059. Life After Death
060. Until Hell Freezes
Part Three: Drunken Gods of Slaughter
061. Universal Law
062. Angels On The Line
063. Resurrection Alone
064. Stairway To Heaven
065. Always A Bridesmaid
066. The Ministry Has Fallen
067. September First
068. Teenage Rebellion
069. Target Of Tyranny
070. Malfoy Manor
071. Fight Or Flight
072. On The Other Side
073. Angel Not On Earth
074. Room Of Requirement
075. Commencement
076. The Battle of Hogwarts
077. Only The Dead Have Seen The End
078. Value Of Life
079. The Human Heart
080. How We Survive
081. Who Wins The War
082. Epilogue / After the Storm

025. No Such Thing

5.1K 236 79
By demetersdoom

Part One / Chapter Twenty-Five

Defense against the Dark Arts had become more of a thrill since the start of the D.A. meetings. While Umbridge and the Ministry were infiltrating Hogwarts, they were undertaking them. Doing what the Ministey feared most stirred every member, especially when they were in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Venus would have enjoyed the excitement more if the crippling horror of what happened that Tuesday evening had climbed back into her head. With no way of communicating new meetings dates, Venus and Hermione used their brilliance.

       "You see the numerals around the edge of the coins?" Hermione said, holding one up for examination at the end of their fourth meeting. The coin gleamed fat and yellow in the light from the torches. Venus took over after Hermione had choked on the rest of her explanation.

       "On real Galleons that's just a serial number referring to the goblin who cast the coin. On these fake coins, though, the numbers will change to reflect the time and date of the next meeting. The coins will grow hot when the date changes, so if you're carrying them in a pocket you'll be able to feel them. We take one each, and when Harry sets the date of the next meeting he'll change the numbers on his coin, and because I've put a Protean Charm on them, they'll all change to mimic his."

       A blank silence greeted Venus' words. She looked around at all the faces upturned to her, rather disconcerted.

       "Well — we thought it was a good idea," Hermione said uncertainly, "I mean, even if Umbridge asked us to turn out our pockets, there's nothing fishy about carrying a Galleon, is there? But . . . well, if you don't want to use them . . ."

       "I think it's an amazing idea," Ginny spoke up. "How are you two not in Ravenclaw?" Venus and Hermione hid their prideful grins and began handing out coins to everyone. She'd hate to admit but, she skipped past Cho and began again with Constance.

       As the first game of the Quidditch season arrived, the D.A. meetings had come to a halt. Angelina Johnson was adamant on getting as much practice as possible. McGonagall was busy parading the team and encouraging them to beat Slytherin, or excepting they'll win. While Snape was allowing Slytherin students to hex Gryffindor Quidditch players.

       "Ron, you can do this," said Venus.

       Her redheaded friend was excited for the match, but Slytherin's insults, jokes and snide comments didn't help. Ron had missed one Quaffle became so flustered that he'd miss more. Venus made another Quaffle in and said to Ron across the field, "The Apocalypse won't be triggered if you miss one Quaffle."

       "Again," he demanded, his ears looked like they were simmering under the dying sun.

       Venus raised a Quaffle in her hands and shot it at one of the goalposts. Either Ron was encouraged or had lousy balance, he hung one-handed from his broom and kicked the Quaffle so hard it nearly smacked her in the face.

       "Ron! That was good!" She cheered; even though he almost broke her nose.

       He looked like he was in shock. A goofy grin plastered on his face. Then a seventh year Slytherin shouted, "Got your bed booked in the hospital wing, Weasley?" Ron's face went green and his ears not only reddened, they glowed. Venus glared down at the Slytherin from her place and let the Quaffle in her hands drop. It crashed in front of the seventh year and he let out the highest pitched scream, resembling the fate of a fairy being squashed by someone's foot.

       Venus put her hand to her mouth sarcastically and said, "Didn't see you there, Goldilocks." The seventh year straightened his robes and sped from the field. Ron's goofy smile had made a return.

       They had returned to the Great Hall, the talk louder and the mood more exuberant than usual. As they passed the Slytherin table there was an upsurge of noise for Ron. In addition to their Slytherin colors, silver badges in the shape of crowns were pinned to their clothing. Ron received a rousing welcome at the Gryffindor table, the cheers seemed to sap up the last of his morale; he collapsed onto the nearest bench as though he were facing his last meal.

       "I must've been mental to do this," he said in a croaky whisper. "Mental."

       "Don't be thick," said Harry firmly, passing him a choice of cereal. "You're going to be fine. It's normal to be nervous."

       "He's been all down in the dumps since he left the field," Venus frowned at him. She placed a comforting hand on his back, but he still shook so violently the bench vibrated underneath him. Harry went rigid and looked away.

       "I'm rubbish," croaked Ron.

       "Oh, get a grip." Venus said sternly. "That save you made today, outstanding."

       "I slipped off my broom— it was an accident." He whispered miserably drinking the last of the milk in his cereal bowl.

       "Hello," said a vague and dreamy voice from behind them.

       Venus looked up: Luna Lovegood had drifted over from the Ravenclaw table. Many people were staring at her and a few openly laughing and pointing; she had managed to procure a hat shaped like a life-size lion's head, which was perched precariously on her head.

       "I'm supporting Gryffindor," said Luna, pointing unnecessarily at her hat. "Look what it does. . . ."
She reached up and tapped the hat with her wand. It opened its mouth wide and gave an extremely realistic roar that made everyone in the vicinity jump. Venus looked at the girl horrified, trying to give her an encouraging grin.

       "It's good, isn't it?" said Luna happily. "I wanted to have it chewing up a serpent to represent Slytherin, you know, but there wasn't time. Anyway . . . good luck, Ronald!"

       She drifted away. They had not quite recovered from the shock of Luna's hat before Angelina came hurrying toward the table, accompanied by Katie and Alicia. "When you're ready," she said, "we're going to go straight down to the pitch, check out conditions and change."

       "We'll be there in a bit," Harry assured her. "Ron's just got to have some breakfast."

       It became clear after ten minutes, however, that Ron was not capable of eating anything more. As the teo boys rose from the table, Ron was still green in the face. "I can't do this," he frowned at everyone.

       "Stop being daft," Constance groaned in frustration. "You can do this, Ron."

       "You know my name?" asked Ron, his eyes were wide and the tips of his ears crimsoned down deeply.

       Constance glanced at Hermione and said, "Of course I do, idiot."

       "Good luck, Ron." Constance and Hermione chorused, both tiptoed and placed kisses on both sides of Ron's face. The red in his ears transferred to his face.

       "Good luck, guys." Venus smiled before being dragged away by the two girls. Harry watched her grow smaller and smaller, a small piece of hope longing for Venus to give him a kiss on the cheek.

       The Gryffindor stands breathlessly awaited for Harry to catch the snitch. Draco was trailing dangerously close. Venus switched her focus between Harry and Ron who, unfortunately, hadn't been doing so good. The Slytherins, on the contrary, weren't being so cooperative as they chanted:

Weasley cannot save a thing,
He cannot block a single ring,
That's why Slytherins all sing:
Weasley is our King.
Weasley was born in a bin,
He always lets the Quaffle in,
Weasley will make sure we win,
Weasley is our King.

       Then miraculously, Harry caught the snitch. Only to be thrown off his broom by a Bludger that smashed into his back. Crabbe's smirk fell when Madam Hooch scolded him for the foul. It was obvious, even from the stands that Draco was white-faced with fury. He looked daggers at Harry. He was shouting at him but the crowd around Venus was so loud she couldn't hear what he was saying. What he said must have been sinister because George and Harry began charging at him. Harry drew back his fist and sank it into Draco's stomach so hard he collapsed. The celebration around her turned into hysterical commotion. 'What did you do Harry?' She pondered watching Madam Pooch escort the boys off the field.

       Hermione and Venus shared a telling glance. Unlike Constance, who fascinatingly watched the fight. Venus hauled out the girl from the stands and darted to the castle. McGonagall, in all sincerity, looked positively infuriated. Snatching off her scarf with such force Venus heard the seams tear.

        "How bad do you think it is?" asked Hermione.

       The three girls crept around the corridor. McGonagall's roars of outrage could be heard from outside her study.

       Constance looked down the corridor, letting out an exasperated sigh, "it's about to get worse."

       Hermione and Venus looked her way and saw Umbridge trotting down the hall. Out of her usual attire, she was still an eyesore. It was too late for them to stow away as the click of Umbridge's heels were right next to them.

       "Ah! Girls, is there something you need?" said Umbridge in a forced giggle.

       "No. We're looking for our friend, he's rather sad about the game. Thinks he didn't do well," Hermione was partially lying; they were really waiting for Harry and George but Ron wandered off the field after the game.

       "Professor, do you need to pull me out of anymore classes this week? Just so I'll be prepared." Venus tried hard to maintain conversation, hoping Harry and George had enough time to avoid Umbridge from making their circumstances worse.

       "What ever do you mean, dear?" Umbridge asked, with a more sincere chortle.

       "You pulled me from class last Tuesday." replied Venus.

       "No, Ms. Rosario, I never did such thing."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

               【 AUTHORS NOTE!

Venus after Umbridge said she never tortured her in the forest:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 409 38
❝𝖶𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋?❞ 𝖺𝗌𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝗉𝗈𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋. ❝𝖨𝖿 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗎𝗌 𝗍𝗈, 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍...
21.8K 1.1K 15
𝗜𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗮 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹, 𝗶𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗝𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗲 𝗣𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲...
1.4K 26 7
maybe i'm afraid of you. harry potter. order of the phoenix - deathly hallows. fem!oc x male!oc.
1.6K 103 29
❝ "God, Lestrange, you're so fucking annoying, you know that?" "Oh, I'm annoying?! You make me want to pitch myself off the astronomy tower! I fuckin...