Serial Lover

By FrankieMarie__

Silence. "HUH?" He laughs aiming the gun at my head. "Does this scare you, babe," he yells with anger. My hea... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chpater 40

5.2K 103 5
By FrankieMarie__

~Wrong~

LANI POV

"No no no" I cry as I see Kilo fall on the floor as he has just been shot. I didn't fucking shoot him so who did? I turn around to see my father standing there with a handgun.

I run to Kilo and see his eyes closed. "Baby please stay with me" I cry out. My throat burns and my heart hurts. My father is a sick criminal and my husband who has just admitted his feelings to me is shot on the fucking floor. Dying by the minute. I have never been so hurt in my life.

"CALL THE FUCKING AMBULANCE" I yell as loud as I could. How could he fucking shoot him? After all the shit he's done. After killing his family how could he? When Kilo told me what my father did that I felt like I was going to die. My heart has never hurt like it has before in these past ten minutes.

I touch his face and it was as cold as ice. "Please baby don't die please" I cry out. He was bleeding really badly. But he still had a pulse. I have never seen Kilo so helpless. So dead. I can't stop crying. I can't stop shaking. I can't stop thinking of the information he just told me.

I rip my shirt and put it on his chest to stop the bleeding.

"How could you," I say angrily as I get up and turn to my father.

I point the gun at him "This whole time I thought you were the good guy" I say walking up to him. "How could you shoot him when you fucking killed half of his family"

He didn't say anything he just stood there looking stupid.

"But he killed your mother," he said and that's when I knew. No, Kilo didn't. My father only told Camilla that so I wouldn't leave. So Kilo would look bad.

I felt like I was losing my mind. I just wish this was all a dream. But it wasn't. This was reality. My father trafficks humans and kills women and children. He just shot my husband who finally told the truth.

I realized I don't care why Kilo married me. I don't care if he wants me dead. I want my father dead. He deserves to die. he sells drugs that kill people daily. Drugs are the reason people are dying daily and he sells them. He kills children. He kills children. HE KILLS CHILDREN.

I raised my gun. I was about to kill him. He deserves to die. He is a sick bastard who does evil shit. I hear a gunshot and I scream. My father had been shot and I didn't pull the trigger once again. I turn around to see Riccardo. A sigh of relief comes over me and some men take Kilo out.

"Are you ok?" he asks hugging me.

I start crying "No I'm," I say looking up to him. "I have to ask you a question," I ask wanting to know the truth.

"Did Kilo kill my mother?" I ask.

"No, my brother did," he says and I have never felt more relieved.

I wasn't mad at Kilo. I was glad that he told me the truth. That he admitted his feelings and try to stop me from leaving. But I don't understand why he married me.

If it was for revenge I can't blame him but that would be so fucked up. At this moment I don't even care anymore. I now just care about his health.

"Where are they taking him?" I ask.

"To a private hospital," Riccardo says.

I hear the ambulance and since Kilo already left they are here for my father. Riccardo had shot him in the chest. The people come up and take him away. Camilla walks up to me.

She hugs me and says "I'm sorry"

I hug her back "It's ok I know you didn't know"

"I want to turn dad in," she says

I raised my eyebrows shocked. "Yea," I say excitedly.

"He made me promise to never talk about it but I can't stay silent"

"Go down to the station and tell them," I said to her and she left.

I need to go see Kilo. I went up to Riccardo and asked could he take me and we made our way there.

I was shaking the whole entire way there. I hope he is okay. He can't die on me. Not now. I didn't even get a chance to tell him how I feel. It was all so much to take in.

I would have never thought those words would come out of Kilos's mouth. I thought he hated me.

But could I really be with him? After all, he is a criminal. A criminal who saved my life. A criminal for who I have deep feelings for. A criminal I might be in love with. No love that's too far.

We arrive at the hospital and I go inside. They said we have to wait to go see him since he's in surgery.

We sat outside his room. I didn't even want to sit down. I just wanted to see him. My legs were shaking and I was terrified. What if he doesn't make it. But I mean he has to have some of the best doctors taking care of him. Right? They wouldn't send him to some people who don't know what there doing. Gosh, he tells me he has feelings for me then he gets shot. Every time something good happens a bad thing is around the corner.

But this is really serious. Scary serious. Today was full of emotions. I was hurt and heartbroken. But I also expressed my feelings.

"Mrs.Valentino" I hear my name being called by a lady and I get up.

"Yes," I say scared.

"He is out of surgery you can now come to see him," she says and takes us to the room.

I walk in and walk towards him. He was resting on the bed with a tube helping him breathe. He looks so peaceful. He sleeps like a baby. I smile and touch his face.

I can't believe I let this happen. It's all my fault. If I would have just went home and listened Kilo wouldn't be here. Dying. Hurt. Sick.

I start crying. I hate myself. For the way, I have been treating him. The hell I have been putting him through the past four weeks. Disrespecting and disobeying him. Everything is so different now. We like each other. There is no more hate between us. Maybe something could finally happen. I see my wedding ring on the dresser. I put it back on.

I pull up a chair and sit next to him. I don't want to leave his side. I hold his hand and lay my head down by him.

I fall asleep.

The next day I woke up to my hand still in his. But his grip was tight. His hand wasn't in mine but mine was in his.

I slowly got out of his grip and stood up. I loom around the room to spot Riccardo but he wasn't here. I walk into the hallway and see Angel, Madison, and Camilla.

"Hey Girl," Madison said getting up and hugging me.

I notice that Angel and Camilla were holding hands

I pointed that out and they started laughing.
"We kind of like each other" Angel said shyly. I had a feeling this would happen.

I smile "Well I'm happy for you guys," I say and we head to the lunchroom.

I told them everything from what my father did to Kilo admitting his feelings to him getting shot.

"YES" Madison shouts and we all look at her confused.

"Girl I had a feeling that you guys liked each other." She says smiling

I roll my eyes. She always has a feeling.

"And now I get a shot with his cousin," she says smirking. I was about to say something but she stopped me. "If you can date a gangster I can," she says and she was right. Riccardo isn't as bad as Kilo. And it's not like I'm running from him anymore. Riccardo is a good person. He is heartwarming and caring.

I would never have thought I would be married to the don of The Italian Mafia. What has gotten into me? This is all so wrong but it feels so right. I have never been so unsure/ sure in my life. I don't know what to do or what I want. A part of me still hates Kilo but another part of me wants to be with him.

I just hope he wakes up.

I haven't got cleaned up or changed my clothes. I still have blood on me and I smell. But I also don't want to leave my husband.

I ask Riccardo can he stay here and watch him he said yes. I walked up to Kilo.

"I'll be right back baby I have some business to take care of," I said before I walked off.

After I get cleaned up I'm going to visit my father. He is awake and about to go to prison.

I go to his house. I took and shower and grabbed all my things. As I'm walking out a maid stops me and hands me a piece of paper.

I read it and my father left the house in my name. What? Why the hell would he do that. I don't want it. I always wanted to sell houses. Maybe I could get into a realtor.

I don't know but I know one thing I want nothing to do with him.

I drive to the hospital and find his room. He was in room 214 handcuffed to his bed.

"Kehlani," he said with excitement in his voice as I walked up to him.

"Father," I say crossing my arms. "Why did you leave the house in my name?" I ask.

"You're my daughter," he says.

"You barely know me," I said raising my voice. "I mean did you really think I wouldn't find out that you are some killer"

"So is your husband."

He says and I laugh. "My husband doesn't kill children and women. My husband doesn't sell drugs. My husband isn't involved in human trafficking." I yell. I was pissed he had no right to try and turn this around on me.

"You are a horrible man who will finally get what he deserves," I said walking off

"Your mother hated me," he said making me stop and turn around.

"But she didn't think it was fair for me to not be in my children's life"

I look at him and he seemed sad. he knew this is where his road ended. "I took Camilla and she took you" he sighs "She wanted nothing to do with me but I sent her money every month."

"What?" I yelled when he said that. "What money? Me and mom struggled most of the time we had to walk to food shelters, she worked day and night to pay the bills." I yelled he never sent mom any damm money.

"That's because your stepfather took it," he said which makes sense. We didn't start struggling until we moved with him. He didn't work. But he always had money. I'm going to kill that motherfucker. With my own damm hands. I hate him. The shit he put me through is unacceptable and he will pay. And now that I know our money problems were his fault he is fucking dead.

I can't believe this. I can't believe that old mother fucker.

"It was too late when I found out," he said referring to her passing.

Now I feel bad for yelling at him. But I wanted to know one last thing before I left. "Why did you kill Kilos sister and mother?"

He couldn't even answer me. He knows what he had done was wrong. I could see the guilt through his eyes. But that doesn't change the fact that he did it.

"Goodbye Richard," I said while walking out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 72.4K 48
"What did you do?" Nathan voice make me jump, he was standing right behind me. I turn around slightly to face his towering frame at me, "Nothing, it'...
1.2M 27.3K 87
Jasmine Petrova I downed a shot of tequila, allowing the burning liquid to slide down my throat and settle in my stomach. I deserved to have some fun...
19.2M 434K 41
[BEING RE-WRITTEN RN] Book one in the D'Angelo Series (Also the first maybe three chaps might be cringe, IT GETS BETTER I SWEAR 😭) What happens whe...
2M 52.8K 69
"It's funny that you are saying this because if one of us is jealous, then it's you. Or did you forget that you just pushed the man I was dancing wit...