Road To You - MEWGULF AU (COM...

By lemonjunkxx

Gulf Kanawut has been in love with his best friend, Mew Suppasit, since they were in high school. Sadly, Mew... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
not an update
Epilogue
NEW AU Announcement!!
100k Views?!?!?!

Chapter 3

13.9K 649 97
By lemonjunkxx

I knew that it was love even before I graduated from High School.

I remember that day. It was raining and it was a Thursday.

--

17 years ago

Ever since I became friends with Phi Mew, kids at school stopped bullying me. He taught me how to fight back and now I live a drama-free life and am a part of Theater Club. I'm so happy at this club. I've always wanted to be a movie director. I told my parents about my dream of becoming a director. They were a bit hesitant at first since my grades are good enough to get me to a good Law or Medical School but when I pleaded, they eventually gave in.

I mean, no one can say no to my pleading. It has a 100% success rate and it'll stay that way.

Life is kinda good recently but I'm slowly getting sad because of P'Mew. Phi is a year older so it's his last year. He only has 2 months left and he'll graduate and study Business Administration at Chulalongkorn University.

He doesn't talk about his family. He is very quiet. All he does is watch me eat, rant and sometimes he plays games with me. He loves anime and manga too. There are times that he acts like a big baby when he wants something, which is very cute btw, but most of the time, he acts cool when there's a lot of people around us.

We are currently at the rooftop, which became our hideout, while we are watching the dark clouds.

"I think it'll rain. You know what? I have always loved the rain." P' Mew said.

"Why, Phi? Because it's cold?" I asked.

"Because it will always be there. It comes every time. Sometimes on the days you didn't expect it to come, sometimes on the days when you exactly needed it. It will leave but it'll come back. It might be gone for a long time, but when it comes back, It makes my heart calm. It just amazes me on how something so cold can make you feel warm." He said while looking at the sky.

"I'm glad that it makes you happy, Phi. But Rain makes me sad. Mom said that when it rains, somewhere, someone is grieving for a love they lost. So everytime it rains, I feel sad for those people who lost their love." I said.

"N' Gulf. Sometimes, losing someone you love isn't a bad thing. To gain something better, you need to lose something as well. So don't be sad and enjoy the rain with me. Come on." P'Mew held my hand and run around the rooftop as the rain heavily poured.

"Gulf, have you ever danced in the rain?" P' Mew asked.

"Not yet, Phi. It's cold.  I'll go inside and wait for you there, okay?"

I was about to open the door but P' Mew grabbed my hand, held me at my waist.

He started swaying from left to right and started singing.

"The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful
Stop me and steal my breath.
And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky
Never revealing their depth."

I have never felt this before.
I can feel heat rise on my cheeks.
It's raining but I feel so warm.

"And tell me that we belong together,
Dress it up with the trappings of love.
I'll be captivated,
I'll hang from your lips,
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above."

I can feel his hands on my waist.
I feel like I'm burning up.
The sound of the rain is so loud but I can still hear Mew’s wonderful voice. I didn't know Phi could sing so well. 

My heart is beating so fast.

"And I'll be your crying shoulder,
I'll be love's suicide
And I'll be better when I'm older,
I'll be the greatest fan of your life."

"Phi, the song is true though. I'm your greatest fan. Thank you. Thank you for saving me from the bullies." I looked at him. 

We're still swaying, dancing in the rain without any music, just the sound of it pouring. 

"I'm glad I did it, Gulf. Thank you for staying with me." 

I'm not sure if it's the rain but I think I can see tears in his eyes.

"You're welcome, Phi. Let's stay together for a long time, okay?"

"We'll stay together for a long time."

--

He must be out of his mind.

Yup, I think he went mad.

"Gulf? Why aren't you answering?"

"Are you sure, Mew?"

"Well, I…"

That hesitation was his answer.

"You are not sure. You are saying this because something happened, right? What is it?"

"I need to do this. I need to protect--"

"Doctor Gulf! We need you! Your patient from room 315 is coding!" Nurse Goy suddenly said behind us.

"Sh*t! Okay, I'll go!" 

I looked back at Mew and said, "Phi, let's talk tomorrow. I'll go to your condo. Okay? I need to go"

I didn't wait for his reply, I just ran as fast as I could.

I don't have time for my personal feelings, I have a life to save.

---

I just finished my shift when I received a call from Uncle Mark.

Now, I'm on my way to the Suppasit Mansion to help tend to the wounds of the people from the family who got hurt yesterday because of a transaction that didn't end up well.

This is the reason why I chose this path anyway. I know being in the mafia, there will be a lot of times that they'll risk their lives and they will get hurt. It's inevitable.  So the most that I can do to help the man I love is to help save their lives just in case these type of things happen.

"Hello, Uncle. Where are they?" I asked right away when I entered the mansion.

"They're at the back, Son. 3 just have minor injuries but Boat needs stitches, I think. The wound looks pretty deep. Thank you for coming. The family doctor is currently out of town and the only person I thought of was you."

"It's Okay, Uncle. I'm glad you asked for my help. You know that I'll help as much as I can. Let's have them patched up" I smiled at him.

I went inside the house at the back of the mansion. This place looks like a mini-Hospital. They have all the latest Medical Equipment and machines. There's also an Operating Room here, too. Well, I know that being involved in the Mafia makes you rich. I mean, I came from a family of businessmen, too. But this type of wealth is a whole new level.

"Hello, Doctor Gulf." Saint said. Saint has finished Nursing school and is a member of the family as well.

"I'm done with the 3 men, they're bruised but I already have tend to their wounds. Though Boat's injuries are more severe. He has bruises and a really deep cut at his forehead." 

I heard a scream from inside the room.

I hurriedly opened the door and I saw Boat, on his phone,  playing a game.

"I can't believe he died. Like, dude?? We gave you all the buffs and you still can't carry our team like wtf??"

My head started to ache.

"Boat, I'll give you a minute to quit that game or else I'll let you bleed to death. I don't care if you Rank Down or not. Just 1 minute."

Boat hurriedly closed his phone and smiled at me.

"I'm ready, Boss"

I got ready and started stitching him up.  They're right the wound is too deep but not that life threatening. 

As I started, Boat suddenly asked me.

"So, you and Boss Mew huh? Have you set up a date? They were kinda loud yesterday when they were talking about it. It's hard to ignore since I heard your name."

Boat is the first person I've known when I discovered that they are from the Mafia. He was cold at first but we became friends.

"I haven't said yes yet, you know. Besides, why would I marry him anyway? I can't marry without love."

"Right? I mean, no offense. You're cute and you're a really good friend. But Boss and Eye have been in love for years now. Besides, I don't think he swings that way. Because if he does, you guys would've been married a long time ago. Being together for all these years, it's impossible not to fall in love."

I know, right?

"But I think it's a good thing, though. I don't think Eye can handle it. Her kindness and innocence is not fit in our world. She's better off with someone else."

Well, I don't know what to say. He's kind of telling the truth.

Once I'm done I heard a knock on the door. Once I glanced back, I saw Mew leaning at the door.

"Are you guys, done? Can we talk now?"

"Yes, Boss. I'm all good. I'll leave now" Boat smiled at me then bowed at Mew before leaving.

--

"So… about what you said yesterday. Do you mean that, Phi?"

"Yes, I'm sure. You said you'd help me right? I need to protect Eye. This marriage is the only way to protect her."

Just what I thought. This is all about Eye.

"Why? What does it have to do with Eye?"

"You don't have to know but this is the only way I can protect her. We just need to be married for a year. Give me a year and I'll take care of this."

I sighed. I can't say no when it comes to him. 
But I think I need this, too. This is the only way to move forward. 

"Fine, I'll say yes but in one condition."

"Whatever it is, I'll say yes."

"After a year of marriage, after we divorce, you'll help me convince my parents to agree that I'll move out of the country. I'm leaving Thailand."

"WHAT?"

I guess staying together for a long time isn't for us..

--

A/N: I'm trying update as fast as I can. Thank you for reading this :)

Oh and the song Mew sang is I'll be by Edwin McCain. Try to listen to it. Its a classic and a very nice song. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.5K 2.5K 21
Mew Suppasit is a famous singer,with his handsome face,and angelic voice...He surely can steal any girls heart. Being the most positive and happy go...
317K 11.8K 32
Gulf loves Mew... Mew loves Art... But does Art love Mew? Will Gulf's love remain unrequited? Read the story to find out... *This story will include...
131K 5.6K 30
Gulf has always been shy and meek. He had hard time expressing himself. Then he met Mew Suppasit, his father's friend's son. He connected to him and...
16.5K 966 14
Warning: Before you proceed just let me warn you. This story is dark. It will have many subjects that may be triggering to many people. Also, the mai...