Fire, Blood and Stars

By natsu_uzamaki

Natsu is raised by Fire Dragon Igneel, and Blood Dragon Sanguinia. He has some knowledge of other forms, but... More

A Word From The Author
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Updated Updating Schedule
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Interlude: New Year's Special
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
EXAMS OVER- GOOD AND BAD NEWS UPDATE
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Illness and Q/A Announcement
Chapter 40

Chapter 31

1K 34 23
By natsu_uzamaki

A/N I have discovered an important thing about human nature. When you want something (comments on my introduction of original characters), you do it (introducing new characters). If you don't get it, you double, triple, and quadruple down (writing a whole chapter about the OCs so that comments have to be about them). If that doesn't work, you give up, just add a few paragraphs about the OCs in the whole chapter and hope to whatever non-existent/existent deity there is that you get feedback on them.

As Natsu and Lucy entered Galuna island, Lucy gasped.

"It's pretty!"

Natsu looked around. There was nothing particularly beautiful about it, but it wasn't bad.

"Yeah, it is, isn't it?!" said a blonde midget. "Hey, Natsu! Hey, new girl! Nice to meet you!"

Natsu rubbed his hair. "Right, hey. Lucy, this is Mavis, the first guild master, and my sister-in-law. Mavis, this is Lucy. She's.. a guildmate."

Why did I call her a guildmate?

What else would you have called her, doofus? Your mate? Your significant other? The person you can't live without?

...Guildmate is good.

"Okay!" Mavis chirped. Then she looked around. "Gray isn't here? We need him for this."

"Oh." Gray was with his new fangirl, exploring Magnolia. "Yeah, that. He's doing some important work, because the guild was attacked, y'know? He'll be here as soon as possible."

"Oh! Okay! Come on, now!" She led them to the boat.

In the boat, Jellal had just woken up after getting his memories back.

"E-Erza?"

A mop of red hair descended to just above his face.

"Jellal. Have you got your memories back?"

"Huh?" Jellal looked confused. "Yeah, I have."

"Good." Then she punched him. And she punched him again.

"I deserved that", Jellal sighed. She punched him again.

"Yeah, I deserved that too." She punched him again, this time in the gut.

"Okay, this is getting- OH SHIT NOT THE KNIFE I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY!"

It was at this point that Natsu entered. Looking at the scene in front of him, he smiled.

"Erza! I thought you were weak, like, not too weak, but still not that strong. But murdering Seigrain of the Magic Council? I'm proud of you!"

"Dammit Natsu! That's not Seigrain, it's his twin, Jellal."

Jellal had the good sense to look embarrassed. "Well, actually... You see, the thing is, I made up Seigrain with my mind. He's a physical projection."

Mavis interrupted at this point.

"Seriously? That's so cool! Can you, like, make him have an incurable disease and freak out all the other members of the council? Or make him have a heart attack in the middle of a session?"

"I.. don't know. I mean, I could, I guess, but I've never tried it. Now can you please make Erza drop the knife?"

Erza made the knife disappear, and Jellal breathed.

"And finally, here we are, back at the guild. And that is all of Magnolia", said Gray, having finished the tour.

"So, you like it?" Gray turned to his newfound fan to see that she was staring at his bare- wait, when had that happened?

"It's amazing, Gray-sama! The curves, and the scars, and the crack in the middle-"

"I meant the town, not my butt!" Suddenly, Gray remembered something.

"Oh no. I have to get to Galuna island." He gave a dazzling smile to Juvia. "Wait for me, okay?"

"Yes, Gray-sama!"

After Gray ran off, Juvia sighed.

"So cool!"

Natsu was deep in thought. How did he broach the topic of her being his mate? How would Zeref help?

"Hey, Natsu. You're back. This must be your mate."

Yep, that'd do it.

He looked at Lucy. His heart was beating. Not that it didn't beat otherwise, but it was faster now.

His magic was also stronger. Huh. It made sense, he supposed, because blood was flowing faster, but it hadn't happened to him before.

"Okay", she said.

Okay? She said okay? Now what?

"You're not, I don't know, surprised or anything?" Natsu asked, confused.

"Wait", Zeref interjected. "Did he even tell you about it?"

"This looks private", Jellal whispered to Erza, who pulled him through the door to explain to her friends how she was not a villain.

"Uh, I may have put it off a bit. I swear I was gonna do it, but I was scared.."

"I'm not surprised that much, because Mira told me you were definitely going to tell me something like that-"

"I was planning to!" Natsu protested.

"Look, Natsu, I like you-"

"But?" Natsu prompted. Lucy looked confused.

"What? There's no but. I like you. I thought you didn't." She laughed. "Seriously, how cliché is this?"

"If I may interject", interjected Zeref, "This would not have been a cliché if Mister Never-Ask-Anything here had asked me the mechanics of soulmate-ism."

"What do you mean?" It was Mavis who asked this.

Zeref let out a long-suffering sigh.

"If you have a mate, they aren't going to say no."

"You mean there's no choice? That's a horrible system."

Zeref shook his head. "It's not that there is no choice. Don't misunderstand. It's the prediction of the choice that will be made. If there was a scenario where she would have said she doesn't want to be with you, she wouldn't have been your mate at all."

Natsu nodded wisely, and Zeref sighed in relief. I'm glad he understood. I was afraid-

"Huh", was what Natsu finally said. "That's confusing."

Zeref's hand came up to his face.

"Forget it."

Lucy nodded in understanding.

"So, it isn't like I can't say no, it's that if there had been a chance of me saying no, I wouldn't have been his mate in the first place."

"Exactly!"

"I mean, you aren't suddenly going to go all mating season on me, right?"

"Uh, no. I really don't think so."

"Cool."

There was silence for a few minutes.

Then Lucy looked at Natsu and said, "You know I'm not going to intentionally going to walk into a cliché, right?"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not going to ask you what's next."

"Oh."

There was some more silence.

"Hey guys, I'm here!" And that was Gray.

Natsu jumped in front of him to make sure he didn't say anything incriminating.

"Hey, Gray! Glad you're here. So great of you to do that very important job at the guild!"

Gray frowned in confusion and turned to Zeref.

"Hey, sorry for being late. I was with a fan and lost track of time."

Dammit.

When Vlad came down to the hall after waking up, he had expected the talking to stop partially, or become quieter. He had expected them to look at him, note his presence, see if he had anything to say. Then they would go back to their conversations.

He had not expected the one thing that he felt a man should never be subjected to.

The Giggles.

Everyone he looked at turned the other way, watching him out of a corner of their eyes. But they were giggling. He wanted to know why.

His sister patted him on the head and his hair fell over his eyes. He brushed it aside, and suddenly noticed something. Holding a strand of his hair up for inspection, he frowned.

"Who dyed my hair into a rainbow? If you confess, you may live."

Soren laughed. "It does look funny, doesn't it?" Vlad immediately stalked over to him.

"You. You must have done it." Through subtle use of his power, he made the air itself press down harder on Soren.

Soren chuckled nervously. "I-it wasn't me, Vlad."

"Oh yeah? Then who was it?"

"B-Beth! It was Beth." Vlad immediately cut off his power as he started to laugh.

"You know, if you need someone to put the blame on, you could at the very least pick someone more believable."

If anybody had been looking, they would have seen Helena take out hair dye from Beth's pocket, show it to her, and raise her eyebrow. They would have also seen Beth sweating and squirming like a child caught replacing the cream in Oreos with toothpaste.

No one was looking, so they didn't see any of that.

A/N Also, a rant of sorts. I have been in a romance anime craze. Specifically, yuri. Because yaoi anime is okay, but always with a top  and a bottom, which is not realistic, the male protagonists is straight romances are PRICKS (Looking at you, Usui Takumi), and yuri is the only wholesome thing I can find, like Bloom Into You, Konohana Kitan, and YuruYuri.

Funny story, I asked my friend for yuri recommendations, wanting something wholesome to watch. She recommended Citrus. I got through half an episode of it, and I have only one thing to say. No matter how good it is... Not. Wholesome.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.4K 1.8K 20
You are a fire mage with unusual fire magic. You make the fire take shape and smell and taste like different things. (For example you can make a fire...
100K 2.4K 18
Highest Ranking: # 1 in natsudragneel 1/4/19 & 3/18/19 # 1 in Nalu 1/16/19 & 9/2/19 # 1 in Gray 2/20/19 #1 in Hearfilia 4/5/19 #1 in natsuxlucy 6/8/1...
54.2K 1.6K 14
Ever since Cheryll Erisan, Natsu's old best friend came back from the 'dead' A certain stellar mage has been being ignored by everyone and was being...
280K 1.9K 7
γ€Š UNDER REVISION 》 Natsu Dragneel found himself in the guild's basement; full of bruises and injuries, and to his horror, bound by sealing magic chai...