Globos Meos Lambe {Bubonic Pl...

By flowazh

"Lady Keisha? Lady Keisha? Oh my own wretched God, thy lady is dead." In which readers peaceful medieval life... More

{🍇 Context 🍇}
{🍇 Chapter Two 🍇}
{🍇 Chapter Three 🍇}
{🍇 Chapter Four 🍇}
🍇 HALLOWEEN SPECIAL 🍇
{🍇 Chapter Five 🍇}

{🍇 Chapter One 🍇}

33 1 2
By flowazh

"Thy voice is soft like summer rain"

(Y/N) was tucked under a thin blanket, body sprawled out onto the straw of her bed. Soft breaths of sunlight filtered in through the window as dawn stretched over the quiet medieval village.

It was not until a rooster took his post as the households waker did the girl stir. Sitting up and stretching out her well-worn ligaments.

Having only owned one dress (Y/N) was ready to begin her day of chores for the vineyard she lived on.

An exhausted body carried the girl into the kitchen and out the front door in just over a dozen steps, passing her father who was sorting the wine barrels out of the house and onto a cart.

"Are you going to town now father? I didn't realize we'd already made enough wine." The girl called out to him, September was still early and usually, the month would progress further before the wine was ready.

"Yes well, shit happens. With Bartholomew helping and all." Her father responded, his peasant tongue caring not for his foul language. The girl also thought far more of the swear than of Bartholomew's name. Her father may have liked him but that didn't mean a lot when compared to his personality.

"You called?" Speak of the devil and he shall appear, Bartholomew's moist sounding voice caught in the air and (Y/N) felt the need to swat it away from her ears.

Her father and Bartholomew began to talk as our daring reader tuned them out and began to walk off towards the nearest vine, aiming to distract herself by stripping the emerald plant of its plum-coloured riches. 'Oh, the joys of the harvest' she thought bitterly.

Bartholomew had begun his work with the family in the early summer. Full of himself and empty of any respect women juice Bartholomew soon grew to be the bane of any afabs existence, including (Y/N) who he loved to annoy and try to charm. True to sour personality Bartholomew has lemon-yellow hair and his face was often set in a frown. Dark eyes made darker in the shade of his furrowed brows. His year's of medieval peasant work had left him muscled and tinted with the sun. He would be handsome if well, if he wasn't himself.

"Wait, my lady! Would you like to accompany me to town?" Bartholomew called out to her before the grapes had even the chance to grace her fingers.

Without turning to face him the girl rolled her eyes, replying with a sharp "Ight".

Turning back towards the two of them, (Y/N) pulled herself up to the front of the wagon and grabbed the reigns.

"Oh, wonderful! Tis a joy to travel with you... Hey, what are you doing? Fair lady wait!" But the fair lady did not wait, she waved over her shoulder as the horse pulled her away from the men.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The journey was short but (Y/N) enjoyed it none the less. The September sun peaking through the amber leaves of autumn saturated her vision and cold crisp air passed through her lips.

The town came into view quickly, wooden structures jutting out like awkward warts, the stench of pigs and people following soon after.

(Y/N) sighed at the tough life of being a medieval peasant and made haste to sell the wine off to the lord of the manor before allowing herself to enjoy the village.

"Hark! Yo! Can anyone give me directions? Thine direction even?" A figure called out to the town, (Y/N) realized it was a traveller by their request.

"Frici I don't think that's the best approach to make requests around here." Another voice said to the original speaker. There were three of them (Y/N) realized as she got closer to the women.

'Wait closer? What am I doing approaching these strange strangers? I mean they are cute...'

"Where art thou headed? This is Weymouth traveller." The young winemaker stood before the three women, assessing them as they did her.

The first one to have spoken, Frici, was the shortest of them wearing large golden crosses from her ears and a smile on her apricot lips. Her eyes were set in gold powder and reflected the colours of the sky, complemented by the sprinkling of sun-kissed freckles across her skin and the bun of auburn hair and strange black robes.

Meanwhile, the one who scolded her was dressed in a similar colour and style however her lips had been painted a carmine colour. Copper eyes glinting with false annoyance and short dark hair, it would seem she was the tallest of the group. Bearing earrings that were long and glass-like, moving with the wind and every turn of the head.

The final and most silent figure was dressed in black as well, however, it was much more familiar a style to (Y/N). She bared the same ebony hair of her companion but allowed it to cascade itself softly in curls down her back. Chestnut eyes were embraced by the warm colour of her tan skin, both eyes having a small dark dot underneath it. It was clear she was very cool and sexy 😌. Two large shimmering moons hung from her ears, all three of them had strange jewellery.

'And they are all strangely attractive...' Was the first thing that occurred to (Y/N) and her ears tinted scarlet at the revelation.

"Weymouth huh. Where might London be fair lady?" The tallest said, having already shushed Frici.

'Oh my God, she thinks I'm fair... Compose yourself (Y/N) all they want is directions'.

The blushing girl pointed to the directions behind her, "Northeast. Two days travel on foot, m'lady."

"I don't suppose you have a map?" The tall one- now known as Gale asked. "None of us are blessed with a clear understanding of directions and roads."

"If that's the case you'd be better off with a guide... I shall go and find another serf to help you." (Y/N) smiled at the trio before turning to leave, however, a hand around her wrist stopped her.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you be our guide sweet lady?" It was the third who spoke this time, smiling gently, lilted accent and pearly teeth for the first time exposed.

If it wasn't the compliment or songbird voice that made (Y/N) blush it would have surely been the soft hand moving down from her hand to grasp their hands together.

"I couldn't really, two days is a long time. I have to go home to my father to help with the harvest... I'm sorry but don't even know your names!" (Y/N) glanced towards her feet, worried that she'd upset them by refusing their offer.

"My name is Amalthea sweet lady, forgive my companions and me for not introducing ourselves. We have travelled far from Asia and weariness has left us tardy with manners." The one holding her hand said, chestnut eyes turning towards her cohorts.

"I am Gale fair lady" The tallest smiled with the introduction before turning to the final companion and nodding.

"My names Frici gorgeous and might I just say thout art thicker than a bowl of oatm-" Gale quickly covered the redhead's mouth and sighed.

"Sorry about her, fair lady. Despite her impoliteness my I request your name?" Gale gritted her teeth through the words but (Y/N) could tell it was not any ill will towards herself, merely annoyance at the blasphemy being whispered into Gales's hand.

"It's (Y/N) and no problem... I think. We all have our bad moments after all." (Y/N) grinned at the pair before realising her hand was being moved.

Gale muttered out a quiet, "More like constantly having a bad moment" to which Frici responded with a scornful, "You wanna go mate?" but (Y/N) ignored them and was entirely focused on the lips tenderly brushing against her hand.

"It's a please to make your acquaintance, sweet lady (Y/N). I hope we can grow to be dear friends." Amalthea lowered her hand once more after the small kiss was safely placed onto (Y/N)'s own.

"Or maybe even more- ow stop it! I'm only trying to flirt, give me a break!" But Gale did not give Frici a break, merely slapping the back of her head again.

"I'll knock your skull out! Only trying to flirt my ass!"

"Ahem, there is a lady present. At least try and pretend you have brains." Amalthea pushed two fingers into the bridge of her nose and sighed.

"Right, sorry (Y/N)! My rudeness is only due to nervousness at talking to someone so lovely I swear!" Frici quickly moved away from Gale and bowed apologetically, confusing the English rose.

"Don't sweat it, this colourful meeting will give me something to laugh at in the future." (Y/N) deadpanned causing the three women shock.

"You think we're jokes?!" They all gasped in sync leading (Y/N) to a gentle bell-like chuckle. This however only lead to more shock and horror.

"Not in that way! I just think it's nice to meet you all and get acquainted!" The protagonist said grasping her hands together in slight bashfulness.

"Oh um... Yes, of course, I knew that's what you mean fair lady! Never fooled me for a second!" Gale not so subtly sighed in relief and wiped her brow with the sleeve of her robe which (Y/N) could only now assume was from Asia.

"Actually (Y/N), if you've enjoyed meeting us so much wouldn't you like to spend even more time with us?" Frici said in a much more civilised way than any of her previous statements.

(Y/N) began to realize how happy the exchange was making her and gasped merrily, "Well yes, I suppose so!"

Gale perked up at this and grabbed both of (Y/N)'s hands in her own, "Surely then the fair lady (Y/N) would enjoy travelling with us on a two-day journey to London?"

By now all three of the love interests had gathered closer to (Y/N) eager for her reply. To which she took her time thinking about.

'I could always drop the wagon off at home, inform father and then leave with them. It is on the way... And he would have Bartholomew to help him with the harvest so...'

"I will gladly guide you on a trip to London, miladys!"

Let the journey begin!

A/N! Hope you all enjoyed the first chapter, feel free to comment on what you think!

I will probably be changing the 3 girls character designs in the future so watch out for that! But for now though in terms of what causes of the black death they are, we have:

Amalthea as the charming Mars, Jupiter and Saturn alignment in 1345

Gale as the level-headed Miasma (corrupting the air)

And Frici as the flirtatious God is deserting the world, punishing sin with the black death!

Have a good one, flowazh 😌

🍇 1857 Words 🍇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...