Awakened

By HirayaLuna13

Kagayema never felt this way before. In his sixteen years of existance, he had never felt the slightest attra... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Confusion
Chapter 2: Am I Gay?
Chapter 3: Secrets
Chapter 4: Best Pals
Chapter 5: Caught!
Chapter 6: Confession
Chapter 7: Awkwardness
Chapter 8: Egg over RIce
Chapter 9: Regret
Chapter 10: Honesty
Chapter 11: Sync
Chapter 12: Plans
Chapter 13: Haunted House
Chapter 14: Mine
Chapter 15: Greedy
Chapter 16: Insecurities
Chapter 17: My Summer Sun
Chapter 18: 3 YEARS LATER
CHAPTER 19: Apart
CHAPTER 20: FATED

EPILOGUE

4.6K 191 248
By HirayaLuna13

*SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED READING THE MANGA*
-----------------

A lot of things happened over the past years.

Shouyo moved in with me... We played in the olympics together... Then, we parted for a few years to chase after more difficult games. I played for Italy, and he played for Brazil. When our teams fought each other, it was another intense match and joyous reunion for the both of us.

But we didn't break up this time. Through it all, despite the distance between us, we fought for our relationship against all odds.

We made time for each other no matter what. There were days when training was brutal. On those days, we just video called and stared at each other until one of us fell asleep. Usually, he zonked out first because of the time difference.

We also flew a couple of times to each other's country, whenever our team permitted it.

But today... Today marks the day of Shouyo's return from Brazil. I got back a month earlier. And I used that time to fix up our apartment.

I was waiting for him in the airport, wearing a disguise, when a bunch of girls with banners moved in front of me.

"I heard ninja Shouyo's plane just landed," girl#1 gushed. Somehow, his nickname in beach volleyball remained even in indoor volleyball.

There was a lot of girlish squealing. Then, girl#2 said, "do you think he'll be okay with having a picture taken with us?"

Like hell I'll let them.

Just then, someone shouted, "it's ninja Shouyo!!!"

I watched as Shouyo scanned the crowd, looking for me. But a bunch of girls encircled him, screaming like a possessed cult.

Shouyo smiled at them kindly, and proceeded signing shirts and balls. I felt the monster in me crawling out.

Pulling down my hoodie and removing my sun glasses, I cut through the screaming fans angrily. There was a moment of stunned silence when I placed my arm around his shoulder and took his luggage with my other hand. Shouyo looked up, surprised. When his eyes landed on mine, his eyes shone.

"Tobio! You came!"

"Of course I came," I grumbled. When did I ever miss fetching him in the airport? "Dumbass!"

"I-it's Tobio Kageyama!" Someone whispered. "His boyfriend! The setter for Italy team. Remember their match against ninja Shouyo? It was so intense."

Shouyo's fans backed away, terrified. Which was a smart move. I had the reputation to be rude to Shouyo's fans.

Shouyo gave one last smile to his fans and said something along the lines of thank you and sorry, then I pulled him away from them.

Shouyo couldn't help but laugh. "Why are you still not used to this? You have a league of adoring fans yourself. You should understand!"

I gave Shouyo a death glare. "And why are you used to this?? Stop being friendly with everyone! I've been saying this since high school! You never learn!"

Shouyo gave me his signature smile. "Sillyama! As if I'll fall in love with anyone other than you!"

"Damn straight!" I mumbled. "Dumbass Shouyo!"

When we went inside the car, suddenly, Shouyo grabbed me by my shirt collar and kissed me.

And of course, I happily obliged.

--------
Hinata Shouyo

Tobio was acting a bit strange on the way back to the apartment, but Shouyo decided not to bring it up.

He was especially weird when they were in the elevator. He kept on tapping his foot anxiously and he looked a bit pale on the face.

"Are you okay?" Shouyo finally asked.

"Wh-what?" He stammered. "Yeah, I am."

Shouyo was doubtful, but he decided not to push.

---------
Kageyama Tobio

I was sick with nervousness when Shouyo opened the door to our apartment.

I watched as his eyes widen at the room filled with candles and petal roses. In the living room, I prepared a cozy dinner where we could eat and cuddle at the same time.

He stared up at me with those bright, umber eyes. Then he teased, "ooohh setting up a romantic mood huh. Someone wants to get it."

I blushed and punched his left arm. "Dumbass! That's not it!" Well, I mean, of course that's part of it. But not all. "I prepared your favorite."

His eyes turned huge. "You don't even know how to cook! I'm scared!"

"How could anyone mess up raw eggs over rice?" I retorted.

He placed the luggage inside the room, laughing. "You. You put too much soy sauce!"

"And that is why," I answered, while we sat down side by side on the floor. "I didn't put any. You do it yourself."

He laughed when he saw the other food items on the table. "Is this... The meat buns from Coach Ukai's shop...?"

Watching him laugh made me happy. "Yeah, I ordered a whole box since I thought you missed it."

"And.... There's your favorite milk!" He ecxlaimed. "It's been ages! The one from the vendo machine in Karasuno! I feel like we're in high school again!"

I intertwined my hands with his. "I also got the icicles ate after training."

"What is up with this romantic atmosphere and cheap dinner?" Shouyo asked, laughing. "It's so... Nostalgic."

Nervous, I tightened my grip on his hand. "I wanted you to remember everything that happened to us when we were younger... Everything that led up to this moment."

At that, I took out a small box from my jean pocket.

Shouyo's eyes widen at the sight of the box. "No way."

"Dumbass Shouyo," I asked. My heart was hammering against my chest. "Will you play volleyball with me for the rest of our lives?"

I opened the small box to reveal a simple silver band that I thought would look nice on Shouyo.

Shouyo was smiling goofily at me. Then, he took something out of his pocket as well.

I blinked when he presented a small box to me, as well. He opened it to reveal a more extravagant ring with lots of intricate details.

"Uhm," Shouyo started, while scratching the side of his forehead. "I guess, great minds think alike? Ehehe. I bought this in Brazil on a whim. I thought it would fit a King's finger!"

I blinked. "Huh? What?" Then realizing what just happened, I shouted, "you bought an engagement ring, too????????"

He backed away from me, looking a bit terrified. "Err, well. I guess gender roles doesn't apply to us? We both sorta wanted to propose to each other?"

I wanted to strangle him. But I also wanted to kiss the lights out of him.

"So what are we gonna do with two engagement rings?" I asked.

Shouyo was still smiling widely up at me. "Who cares? At least we get to play volleyball together. Forever."

I couldn't help the dorky smile myself. "You're right. Shouyo, maybe we should get married in a volleyball court."

His eyebrows came together. "Is there even a religion who will marry two men in a volleyball court, Tobio?"

When I tried imagining it, it did seem silly.

"Good point," I said instead.

"But," Shouyo started. "Let's invite everyone from Karasuno! Also, everyone in Black Jackals and Schweiden Adlers!"

I felt a vein throb at the mention of his old team. "Atsumo Miya isn't invited. He always rubbed it in my face that you liked his sets better."

"Ehhhhhh," Shouyo complained. "You know you're my favourite setter."

That night, as the candles melted and the room dimmed, we continued bickering about how the wedding should be. The night ended with lots of kisses and whispers about the future ahead.

Shouyo awakened a part of me that I never knew existed. He awakened that part of me that was reckless and selfish, but fragile and kind as well... A part that was only awakened with love.

"I love you Tobio," he murmured, before he leaned in for a kiss.

-------------
A/N:

Aaaand it's finally done!!! 🧡 I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! Also, thank you to everyone who read until here!!! Hope the ending didn't disappoint you 🥺

Aaand hope your Kagehina cravings were satisfied!!!! 🏐👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 52 6
HE SMELLED LIKE AN ORANGES ➪🥀Kageyama and Hinata have been dating for a few months and their relationship is going extremely well. So well, in fact...
181K 5.5K 25
Due to a tragic accident in middle school, Hinata Shouyou's vocal cords were destroyed and he lost the majority of his hearing. He can still play vol...
46.6K 1.6K 7
Hinata Shouyou falls for a boy only 4 centimeters shorter than him, hoping that he'll muster up the courage to confess his feelings. And maybe it wil...
76K 2K 20
The Karasuno Volleyball Club will have a trip during summer break as a way of relaxing. They decide to go to the beach for a week and have the time o...