Paimon's woe

By Thatpro1234

Aether has finally returned to his normal routine after the rite of parting. He was about to do his daily com... More

1. Paimon's acting weird?
2. Paimon's breakdown?!
3. Paimon's dilemma
5. Paimon's Past.
6. Paimon the Hero
7. Paimon's fate
8. Paimon's war
9. Paimon's tragedy
10. Paimon's second chance
11. Paimon's grand prep
12. Paimon's training ground
13. Paimon's training
14. Paimon's Rendezvous
15. Paimon's training 2
Extras: 1
Extras: 2
16. Paimon's new journey.
17. Paimon's acquaintance
18. Paimon's first time on the sea
19: Paimon's sea routine
20: Paimon's sea battle

4. Paimon Recovered!

1.4K 18 20
By Thatpro1234

Both of them went back to the small hut to pick up Paimon.

"You're already awake?" she asked.

"Yeah, thanks to you lovebirds. Paimon saw everything."

Keqing blushed. Being called 'lovebirds' is one thing, but being seen by someone is another, not to mention that it's Paimon. She probably heard that scream and saw how they acted after she accidentally showed 'something' to Aether.

"Anyways, are you feeling alright? Did you have a good nap? Does it hurt anywhere? Want me to carry you?"

Paimon giggled.

"You're being a worrywart, Aether. Paimon realized that Paimon was overreacting a few moments ago. You don't have to worry now."

"That may be so, but I'm still not sure about your condition. You might feel okay now, but I'm scared that you might get hurt again. Don't push yourself, alright?"

"Haha! Don't worry. I can fly like normal. Look at th- OUCH!"

She suddenly can't move. Her body aches all over.

"See? Now, be a good food and come with me."

"As Paimon already said, I'M NOT EMERGENCY FOOD!"

She throws a tantrum while being carried by Aether. Looking at this, Keqing can't help but chuckle at the sight of both of them. Well, minus the injury, it's a good thing that she is back to normal.

However, she feels as though Paimon is hiding something from both of them. Maybe it's a matter of time until she spill it out, or would she hide it?

The three of them went back to Liyue harbor. The first thing he did after he reached there is to claim the commission reward. He wouldn't dare to miss his reward as the mora that he got there is needed to provide food for Paimon. That said, he figured that he might save some mora considering that Paimon might not have the same appetite after this incident. Hopefully anyway.

After that, the three of them went to Bubu Pharmacy hoping to get Paimon checked up. Her condition might not be too serious, but Aether thought that it's better to let her stay there for the night to fully heal her. Keqing herself volunteered to take care of Paimon since all of the paperwork for the week has been settled. That's the main reason, though she won't lie that she may feel a bit worried about her wellbeing. Plus, they will probably take turn seeing her, though they haven't decided the fixed time they will be visiting.

"Welcome to Bubu Pharmacy. How may I help you?" Dr Baizhu, the owner of Bubu Pharmacy, welcomed them.

The place is what you'd expect from a pharmacy. A few cupboard full of files and prescriptions, herbs on the shelves and plants grown for their own use is placed neatly around the area. Currently, there's no one apart from the three of them, Dr Baizhu and Qiqi, a living corpse (also a toddler) sitting behind him while drinking some milk in her bottle. Honestly, they expected some people to get hurt from that fatui attack, but by some miracle, there's no casualties and only a few millelith had a few minor injuries.

"I'd like to do a checkup for her. She was involved in a fight earlier."

He brought Paimon to Dr. Baizhu.

"Of course! I'll do it right away."

Paimon was rested on the bed. Dr. Baizhu then brought her to his checkup room.

Aether and Keqing were left behind.

They didn't talk much. It could be seen as being awkward, but both of them enjoyed each other's presence.

Despite the fact that the fatui attack is pretty recent, it seems that everyone's lives are still the same, he thought. Looking outside the window, there were silk flower's and glaze lillies planted nearby some trees. Some kids were playing around with their friends and families while a few of them plucked some flowers. Seeing the leaves rustling from the wind and the kids playing around reminds him of his missing sister.

Despite everything that's happening, his mind was never sidetracked from his main quest in this world.

She looked at him, sensing his melancholic feeling. Everytime she meets him, she seems to feel like he is missing an important part of himself despite his normal behaviour.

What she saw was worthy of being called the best scenery she has ever seen in her life. The way he leaned towards the window, the way he looks outside with his soft, brown eyes. She strangely thought he looked otherworldly, but at the same time, alluring.

He looked back and realized Keqing was staring straight at him. Realizing this, she quickly turned around and hid her red cheeks. Awkward~

Luckily, Dr. Baizhu returned not too long after that. Paimon, sitting on the bed, seems to be pouting.

"There doesn't seem to be any major injuries. No broken bones or anything, though her body is all bruised up. It should take 4-5 days for her to heal."

He gave him what looks like an ointment.

"Apply this to her body. Precisely, her back, knees and the abdomen once every morning. It should ease up the pain."

"I see. Thank you for taking care of her. When can we visit her?"

"Usually at work hour. But I'll let you stay overnight to accompany her. If you have any questions, feel free to come to the counter."

Both of them thanked him again and paid the cost for the medicine. After that, they went inside the room to meet up with Paimon.

"Umuuu~"

She doesn't seem to be too happy about something.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Ah! Aether~, Paimon don't wanna stay here. That doctor literally stripped and shamed me, not to mention that white ugly snake on his neck made fun of Paimon."

Ah, so that's why she's not happy.

"Don't think too much of it. What he did is necessary for you to get better."

"But what that ugly snack did is definitely NOT necessary! She made fun of Paimon for being too embarrased about showing her body. She kept saying things like 'You don't have to worry about being seen by man. Your body looked like a kid anyway'. Urgh."

Not gonna lie, he agreed to what the snake said.

"You were thinking the same thing, weren't you?" Paimon puffed her cheeks, angry.

She read his mind.

"Now now, don't you think you should rest up a bit? It's still too early right now for you to sleep, so how about a nice little chat?" Keqing said.

'Nice going there Keqing,' he thought.

"Hmmph! You probably just wanted to know more about your little lover right next to you."

"Wha-"

She blushed. Of course she would.

She looked at him and saw that he is looking the other way. Could it be that he was embarrased as well? Unintentionally, she stared at him, wanting to see his shy face.

"See? I'm right! You were staring intently just now!"

"N-no I didn't!" She quickly shooked her head.

All's well and they had a fun time chatting around, getting to know more about each other. Though Paimon isn't too much into the topic as she is uncomfortable about sharing about herself, Aether understood it and knew not to press too much into Paimon's private life. Seeing this, Paimon can't help but felt glad that she was saved by him when they first met.

After a while, it's night. Keqing left them after saying goodbye. Since she would visit everyday at morning, they decided to not burden her too much for taking care of Paimon and let her leave.

"Ugh. The food here tastes too bland."

"That's to be expected since all you ever eat is a bunch of tasty meals at a high-profile restaurant."

"Umuu~, I want your cooking."

"You can't. You have to take better care of yourself, remember?"

She unwillingly ate all the food. This is probably the first time she tasted something this bland.

After she ate, they would go to sleep. Paimon sleeps on the bed, while Aether brought a futon with him and sleeps on the ground. He turned off the lights.

"Goodnight Paimon."

"Goodnight Aether."

The room became silent. The only sound that can be heard is the clock ticking. He snuggled in his futon, getting comfy.

After ten minutes of laying down, Paimon would already slept. But for some reason, he didn't hear any snore that she usually did.

"You can't sleep?" he asked.

"Yeah"

"Want to talk about something?"

She sits up from her bed and faced Aether. Her eyes looked serious. What did she want to do?

"Aether, can I vent to you about something?"

Hearing this, he was surprised. He sat up and listened.

"You've already taken care of Paimon many times, so Paimon thought that it would be the best to tell you this.
About why I was uncomfortable  speaking about myself.

And," she paused for a second.

Her eyes closed tightly, seemingly trying to gain conviction.

And when she gathered enough courage, she opened her eyes, looking straight at Aether.

"I want to tell you, the truth about my past."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 184 22
"Just as she is akin to a flower's beauty, she likewise becomes subjected to its frailty." Aether, an ordinary flower seller, meets a mysterious lady...
26.2K 1K 27
❝𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢 𝔠𝔞𝔫 𝔟𝔢 𝔪𝔢𝔡𝔦𝔠𝔦𝔫𝔢, 𝔬𝔯 𝔦𝔱 𝔠𝔞𝔫 𝔟𝔢 𝔭𝔬𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔫. ℑ𝔱 𝔦𝔰 𝔴𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔦𝔱 𝔦𝔰.❞ ❝𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖌𝖆𝖓𝖙, 𝖋𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖍, �...
20K 418 25
You were the younger sister of Diluc and Kaeya living a somewhat peaceful life in Mondstadt. You were given a Pyro vision when you were younger along...
299K 6.3K 33
One day Aether is in the nation Liyue, unable to summon an Abyss Mage due to his low stamina and lack of power at the moment. While in Liyue he unexp...