❃ for show- larry au ❃

By -bbyhoney

the one where harry styles is the biggest name in business. he's one of the richest men in the world, and he'... More

intro
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xviii
xix
xx
xxi

xvii

3.4K 100 179
By -bbyhoney

⚠️a/n; aaaaa 12k ??? ya'll the bestest ever :')
also i was gonna make this a double update but i have rlly bad writers block and this chapter was p easy to write so i wanted to just update for y'all ^3^ so again, apologies it's only one chapter xo

++ TRIGGER WARNING: eating disorders mentioned in the first half of the chapter, stay safe loves ilysm <3333

L O U I S

Louis woke up in harrys bed, tangled around him, smiling at the sight. God how could one person be so hot?

Despite the smile that was currently plastered on his face, he had a really big pit in his stomach, like a really bad feeling he couldn't place his finger on.

Harry stirred in his sleep for a couple of seconds before his eyes shot open, scaring Louis slightly.

"Fucking hell H." Louis said in his groggy morning voice, Harry chuckled while sitting up and throwing his body forward, almost like a morning stretch.

"Sorry for scaring you, but tis the season and all that." Harry said once he came back up.

"Halloween was yesterday, idiot." Louis rolled his eyes playfully.

"Good you should take ur mask off then," Harry scrunched his face "very scary."

"Oh is it?" Louis raised his eyes, leaning forward and placing his forehead on Harrys.

"Yeah, terrifying." Harry joked, placing a kiss on Louis lips.

"Says you." Louis just rolled his eyes, kissing Harry again. A rather weak insult but whatever.

"Bruce and Cliff are probably wondering where you are, and we need to get up before Zayn sees you, move your arse come on." Harry said, swinging his legs from out of the cover.

"Ughhhhh." Louis groaned.

"Lou, come on," Harry said "let's go."

Louis finally decided to get up, following Harry out of his room and heading toward his room to get Bruce and Cliff who where probably there.

"Why did you get two dogs?" Harry asked.

"I got Cliff when I first moved to london, Bruce was a family dog and when mum died, dad got too overwhelmed with trying to look after my sisters, that a dog was too much so I took him." Louis explained, walking into his room, Bruce coming up to him immediately. "Hello gorgeous boy." Louis cooed.

Cliff came running up to Harry (of course), Harry bent down to give him a stroke behind his ears.

"Bruce why do you hate me?" Harry asked to Bruce, who moved away when Harry went to stroke him.

"He doesn't hate you." Louis chuckled.

The pair made it downstairs a couple of minutes later, the first thing Louis did was let the dogs out before going to get a cup of tea.

Louis had been so good with eating lately (even having at least 3 snacks a day) but today he could feel from the minute he opened his eyes that it wasn't going to be an easy day— that's what the sickly feeling was.

Louis watched as Harrys chef (he still wasn't sure which was Martha and which was Meredith) made them breakfast, the smell making Louis want to throw up.

"You okay?" Harry asked.

"Yeah why." Louis smiled quietly with a small nod.

"You've gone quiet," Harry noted and Louis just shrugged. "What's wrong lou." Harry said, placing his hand on Louis knee.

"Don't want to talk about it." Louis shrugged again, he did want to talk about it actually, but his eating disorder never let him.

The thing is, when you have an eating disorder the thoughts of food being bad personify themselves and basically take over your brain and your entire way of thinking, like a parasite. So while Louis would love nothing more than to talk to Harry about his shit mood, that was never going to happen.

"Okay, that's fine," Harry nodded "but if you change your mind, i'll always want to here what you have to say. always." Harry said.

Zayn and Liam came down a couple of minutes after that, Meredith (or Martha) placed the food down in front of the four men, all of them thanking her and she left the kitchen.

French toast. He could do this.

Louis grabbed a piece and immediately put it down... no he couldn't.

"I had the strangest dream last night." Zayn said with his mouth full.

"What was it?" Harry asked.

"We had to get renovations on the house done—" he began.

"My house." Harry said with a smirk and Zayn stuck his middle finger up at him.

"Don't interrupt me," he said "anyway, as I was saying, we had to get renovations done and this girl came to do them but she was like a proper girly, and for lack of a better word and with the risk of sounding awfully misogynistic, bimbo-ish blonde girl and she was making a really big mess of like... everything , but i was talking to her about astrology and spirituality and she was really clever," he said "i feel like I know her in real life but I can't remember her face that well."

"Were you the only one there?" Harry asked.

"No louis was but he hated her, they kept arguing and he threw a coffee pot at her, y'know the big ones we have at the office."

"I'd never do that." Louis rolled his eyes, speaking for the first time since Zayn and Liam came down.

"Lou are you okay?" Liam asked, smiling at Louis.

"Yeah." Louis nodded. No.

"Can you eat please?" He asked and Louis didn't do anything, he didn't say anything, he didn't move to pick up his food he just... stared.

"That's what's wrong isn't it?" Harry asked, and Louis didn't respond.

"Louis—" Zayn began.

"Dont," Liam said "we're going to overwhelm him," he looked at Louis "do you want us to leave?"

Louis nodded, so they all got up with sympathetic smiles.

But louis reached out and grabbed Harry's hand as a sign for him to stay.

"Do you want me to sit with you?" He asked and Louis nodded.

Liam and Zayn left the kitchen, leaving just harry and Louis sitting at the island.

"I can't eat it." Was all Louis said.

"Why not, do you not like french toast because i can make you something else if you want."

"I like french toast i just... I can't eat it." He shook his head.

"How about i cut it up and you try little bits?" Harry questioned. Louis thought for a while, trying so hard to try and decipher his own thoughts from the eating disorders thoughts. "And we can talk the whole time you eat, as a distraction?" Harry offered and Louis finally nodded.

So Harry cut Louis' french toast into 8ths, sliding the plate back to Louis.

Louis picked up a piece and held it near his mouth.

"So I read this really interesting fact about grass," Harry said, not looking directly at Louis which Louis was grateful for. But although he wasn't looking at Louis he still heard him chuckle. "I did!" Harry protested.

"I'm sure you did, what was your fact?" Louis released a deep breath and popped the piece of french toast in his mouth.

"The smell of cut grass is actually the smell of the chemicals that plants release when they're in distress."

"Really?" Louis asked, picking up another piece of toast before putting it into his mouth without giving himself much time to think about it.

It took about 45 minutes, an unquantifiable amount of trivia from Harry and an awful lot of strength from Louis but he finally finished his french toast, Harry giving him a celebratory kiss after it.

"We need to talk about this." Louis said, pulling away from harrys lips.

"About what?" Harry asked, kissing Louis again.

"About," *kiss* "us," *kiss* "kissing," *kiss* "in front of" *kiss* "people," *another kiss* "okay stop now." Louis giggle and Harry pulled away with a smile.

"Like not doing it or doing it?" He asked.

"I think they're just going to make a big deal about it, especially Niall and Zayn because obviously I'm the first guy you've... y'know... so I'd say not doing it."

"If that's what you want, it's what I want." Harry smiled with a nod.

"You sure?" Louis asked and Harry nodded, smiling at him.

"C'mon we have stuff to do!" Harry smacked his own thighs before standing up.

"Ughhhh like what?"

"Walk the dogs obviously, come on shift it."

It only took Harry and Louis half an hour for them to leave the house, by this time it was around 11:15 am, Lottie still nowhere to be seen (typical lottie, she wasn't going to be awake if the time ended in 'am').

Harry wanted to grab Bruce as he felt like they needed to become friends, and surprisingly Bruce held up no resistance (probably due to the fact he was going on a walk and not because he had suddenly taken a liking to Harry, but hey beggars can't be choosers and Harry will take whatever he can get).

The pair went to the field they usually went to, letting the dogs off as soon as they were far enough in as to not worry about the dogs running too far off, Harry occasionally throwing a ball for the two dogs and Louis just laughing as he watched them fight over it.

"It's so weird when we go to work and you're not like this." Louis pointed out.

"Zayn used to say that all the time, you'll get used to it."

"I don't want to get used to it, i hate how mean you are at work." Louis shook his head.

"That's business my dear." Harry chuckled, swinging their hands between them, which had been intertwined since the second they let the dogs off the leads.

"Gross." Louis shook his head referee to the 'business world' he still didn't know what Harry's company actually did. Everyone just said they "owned basically everything" but what that actually meant he had no idea.

He knew they had a coffee shop chain, clothing, investments, perfumes, makeup and the lost goes on. From what he gathered, they were a huge parent company to hundreds of different brands.

The rest of the walk was spent with Louis and Harry taking turns to throw Bruce and Cliff the ball, Harry getting chased by a bee (which is when he told Louis he was terrified of bees and wasps).

"Oh my god that's crazy because i'm like deathly allergic to wasps." Louis told him.

"How the fuck were you so calm then?" Harry raised his eyebrows.

"I'm not allergic to bees, just wasps, not many people are allergic to both," Louis shrugged "plus they're friendly, bees are good for the environment."

"What's the difference?" Harry asked.

"There's different things in their stings, I don't really know if I'm honest I just know I'm allergic to wasps and not bees."

Harry and Louis also played a small game a of tag before they took the dogs back to the car, Harry taking a picture of Bruce sitting down I front of him because it was uncharacteristic for Bruce and he wanted to document it.

Once the boys got back to the house, Harry went straight to the kitchen and Louis went to the living room seeing lottie sitting on the couch with Zayn.

"What are we talking about?" Louis asked sitting down.

"They fact that we both need in-fills in our nails." Lottie said and Louis rolled his eyes.

"You could take someone's eye out with those claws Zayn." He chuckled.

"It will be yours if you don't shut up," Zayn rolled his eyes. "Harry hates them too, i would usually claim homophobia but that seems to be a sore subject now."

"I don't hate them," Harry said appearing in the living room "I hate all this." he said picking up zayns hand and running his fingers over the small pearls and crystals on zayns nails.

"Why, it's art." Zayn pulled his hand away.

"Because it looks uncomfortable, it looks like you dipped your hand in a bowl of cereal and everything just... stayed there." Harry chuckled, shaking his head.

"I think they look lovely Zayn." Lottie smiled.

"As do yours dotty."

Niall came down a little later, around 2:30pm, looking a little... rough.

"Fucking hell nialler, I didn't realise you were that drunk." Zayn said laughing at the state of Niall.

"Me either, I'm good at hiding it I guess," Niall shrugged flopping down of the couch, "I'm in the studio tomorrow as well, gross." He hit his head in the couch repeatedly.

"Not long now though, it must be finished soon." Harry said.

"You'd think so wouldn't you," Niall chuckled sarcastically "do you want to come?" He asked looking up at Louis.

"Me?" Louis asked.

"Of course you, you're amazing at writing and I still need to show you that song I recorded too." Niall said.

"Yeah okay, sure." He smiled.

"His songs are unreal aren't they?" Lottie smiled.

"So good, one of the best song writers I've ever met." Niall nodded.

"That's our lou." Liam ruffled Louis' hair, like a proud brother.

Louis couldn't thank Lottie and Liam enough for being so supportive toward him throughout the years, even though Louis felt like he should be Lottie's support system as her older brother (and for a lot of the time he was, when she broke up with her boyfriend just before uni, when she dyed her hair green by accident, and of course when their mum died) but Lottie was a strong person and could cope on her own— Louis on the other hand was not. 

Between his anxiety, his anorexia, his relationship with josh, Louis' ability to cope with traumatic or challenging events had been whittled down so much it was basically non existent.

"You three are so much like us three it's scary." Zayn chuckled and Harry nodded in agreement.

"Soulmates." Lottie said, Louis looking at liam who was looking at Zayn, a smirk crept into his face as he nudged Harry as if to say 'are you seeing this too?'

Harry chuckled and shook his head, smiling at Louis who just smiled back.

"What?" Zayn asked, raising his eyebrows at Harry.

"Nothing, nothing." Harry held his hands up in defence.

"I think what he's referring to is the palpable sexual tension between you and Liam." Niall said nonchalantly, to which liam choked on air and Zayn scoffed.

"Okay what about Harry and Louis, you're not around them 24/7, they practically fuck each other with their eyes." Zayn protested.

"We do not!" Harry defended.

"Oh please," Zayn rolled his eyes "I know how possessive you are over him, every time Theo breathes next to him your face perks up like a fucking meerkat."

"That's because Theo is an awful person and Louis doesn't deserve to be surrounded by people like him."

"Is it?" Zayn put his hands on his hips "or is it because you want Louis to yourself?"

"Shut up." Harry spat.

"That wasn't a no Harold Edward Styles." Niall said.

"Edward?" Lottie said at the same time Liam said "Harold?"

"Yeah very funny I have a full name, everyone has one," Harry brushed off "this wasn't about me and lou it was about the fact you have literally had sex with liam."

"And your proof?" Zayn questioned, one of his eyebrows fully raised placing his hand out with his palm facing up as if to ask harry to place some sort of "proof" in his hands.

"Your limp is telling enough." Harry smirked.

"Shut up," Zayn spat "you've been awfully quiet." He looked at liam.

"What? Oh," Liam said "no no, don't say that, ew I'd never sleep with Zayn." He said, his tone bored and very unconvincing.

"Way to go casanova." Zayn rolled his eyes.

"We don't care boys, we just want you to be happy." Niall said.

"Who are you sleeping with then?" Zayn asked.

"I don't have anyone specific at the moment, however i have been talking to Ariana grande recently but it's nothing like serious or anything." He waved off.

"I'm talking to ariana grande, he says." Zayn repeated.

"It's nothing serious, he says." Harry rolled his eyes.

"Shut up! It isn't!" Niall shouted.

"Okay." Harry scoffed.

Lottie, Liam and Niall decided to stay at Harry's house again, all three of them claiming that they couldn't be bothered to go home to their respective houses, and the six of them having a cute game night.

Cute might be a stretch because, well, in the end a pack of uno cards got thrown into Harrys huge fire place, Niall and Zayn had an argument about who was going to be the dog in monopoly (Zayn won) and 20 minutes later just to add insult to injury Niall had said dog thrown at him in a fit of rage, Zayn claiming that Niall "knew he wanted to buy Mayfair!".... so cute maybe not the word... eventful perhaps.

"I'm going up," Niall yawned at around 12. "Got to be up early tomorrow, you too tommo."

"Up where? To heaven?" Zayn rolled his eyes.

"At least I'm getting in, that shirt with those pants is a one way ticket to hell!" Niall yelled, knowing Zayns only achilles heel was to insult is fashion sense.

"You take that back!" Zayn gasped.

"No I think you should take them back, seriously who sold you those, I think you might want to exercise your consumer rights."

"Harry tell him!" Zayn shouted.

"Fucks sake, Niall you know zayns only sore spot is when you insult his fashion sense, just take it back or i'm sensing an impending object getting launched at your head and it's going to be bigger than a monopoly dog." Harry warned.

"Fine, sorry." Niall rolled his eyes, turning toward the stairs and going to bed.

"Do you want to sleep with me again tonight?" Harry whispered to Louis who nodded.

"I'm getting tired too, I'm gonna go up." Louis said, looking around the room.

"Same actually," Harry said "will you guys be okay on your own?" Harry asked the other three.

"As long as they don't have sex while I'm in the same room i'm good." Lottie said.

"You can find your rooms okay?" He asked and Lottie and Liam nodded.

"Liam's is the same as Zayn's anyway." Louis smirked.

"Okay shut up, let it go!" Zayn exasperated.

Harry and Louis left the room laughing like year 7's, not stopping until they made it to Harry's room.

Once the door was shut louis jumped on Harry and wrapped his legs around his waist, harry quickly attacking louis lips.

"Why does it feel like it haven't kissed you in like a year?" Harry breathed.

"Dramatic." Louis rolled his eyes, kissing Harry nonetheless, Harrys hands moving down to hold Louis' bum.

Louis held Harry's head between his hands and pulled away, just staring at him. Taking in his entire face and it's features, his little mole, his eyes, his smile lines and crows feet. God he was so fucking pretty.

"What? Are you okay? Did I go too far?" Harry asked quickly.

"No, oh my god," Louis shook his head quickly with a laugh "you're just so beautiful."

"Says you." Harry smiled, kissing Louis again.

"Okay i really am tired now can you put me down on the bed." Louis asked and Harry nodded.

"Your wish is my command." Harry placed Louis down on the bed softly and Louis pulled him down on top of him, both of them giggling as they rolled around on the bed.

Somehow this turned into a tickle fight.

"No louis dont I'm so ticklish." Harry warned.

"Oh big scary, shouty, rich Mr Styles is ticklish is he?" Louis raised his eyebrows.

"Dont Louis, I mean it."

"Okay." Louis nodded and turned away before turning right back and tickling Harry underneath his armpits.

"Lou-Louis s-st-stop ri-ight now," Harry breathed flailing his limbs like a madman "i won't b-be hel-held acc-accountable for a-a-any dam-age do-done t-to yo-u." Harry shrugged out of Louis grip.

"Sorry did you say you were ticklish?" Louis playing dumb.

"Out of order." Harry pointed at Louis, breathless.

"Night H." Louis smiled cheekily, pulling his shirt over his head and taking his pants off.

"I hate you." Harry rolled his eyes, walking into his closet and emerging wearing an oversized t-shirt and sweatpants.

"That's not true."

"No it's not," Harry said opening his arms to invite Louis to cuddle. "You coming in?"

Louis smiled at him and scooted back so his back was pressed against Harry's chest. He liked being the little spoon, but specifically he liked being the little spoon with Harry because he was really warm.

"Night lou." Harry kissed Louis' head.

"Night." Louis smiled, intertwining his hands with Harry's.

The next morning Louis and Harry woke up at 5 am on the dot, which was way too early for louis' liking, however he was excited to go to the studio with Niall for a bit.

Harry groaned before turning around to face louis, pulling him in for a tight cuddle.

"Morning." He said in his groggy morning voice.

"Morning H." Louis said before struggling out of Harry's grip and stretching his legs and arms out like a starfish, thinking that it would somehow wake him up more.

"I need to get a shower," Harry announced, swinging his legs out of the bed. "Ugh and decide what I'm going to wear."

"Me too, I'll meet you in the kitchen." Louis said and Harry nodded.

Louis' showered in the en-suite in his room and didn't take too long, he usually preferred short showers, and once he was done he put on an oversized black t-shirt with some black jeans with his adidas originals.

He took Cliff and Bruce down and let them out, smiling to Zayn and Niall who were sitting at the island.

"Change of plans tommo." Niall said when Louis said down.

"What's the new plan?"

"We're going to go to the studio later, around 3 or 4 ish, so Felix will take you then,"
He said and Louis nodded "that alright?"

"Yeah, yeah, thats fine." Louis nodded, smiling.

"Here." Zayn said, passing Louis his medication and a glass of water.

"Thanks." Louis said, popping his pills into his mouth.

Harry came down around 10 minutes later, in a black suit with velvet design on and a pink blouse.

"Good choice H, wow." Zayn said.

Harry smiled and thanked Zayn, then sat down next to Louis.

"Are feeling okay this morning?" He asked and Louis nodded.

"Yeah, what are we having?" Louis asked.

"Meredith?" Harry asked.

"Eggs, bacon and spinach." She smiled, turning around and placing the food in front of the boys.

Breakfast lasted about 40 minutes (Louis ate everything) and eventually it was time for Louis, Harry and Zayn to leave for the office.

"We didn't get to walk the dogs." Louis pouted just before they were about to walk out of the door.

"We'll walk them when we get back." Harry dismissed.

"But I won't be back until late," Louis said "cant we just take them with us."

"No louis I can't have two dogs in my office" Harry said and Louis looked at him, making sad eyes "no Louis, they'll be too loud."

"But—" Louis began.

"No. End of." Harry said, motioning his arm out of the door as a signal for louis to leave.

Bruce and Cliff ended up coming with them to the office.

But Harry was in a big meeting and Louis was sitting alone in his office trying playing the guitar that Harry had on his wall, because, to quote Harry "I can't be serious when you're in the room".

He says 'trying' to play the guitar because apparently Clifford was suffering with separation anxiety from Harry and was going insane.

"Cliff, stop lad," Louis tried to calm a restless Clifford down but it was no use, he was too upset. And just at that moment, Harry came back. "Cliff look, dads back!" Louis said without even thinking, before he could apologise to Harry for moving too fast, he saw his face soften and breakout into a smile.

"That's right, the favourite dad is back!" Harry shouted, Cliff running up to him. Harry ruffled Cliff's ears, smiling as he barked happily at him. "Have you been giving dad a hard time?" Harry asked, looking up to Louis for confirmation.

"Yeah he has," Louis rolled his eyes. "This one had been asleep the whole time." Louis said pointing to Bruce who was asleep under the couch.

"What were you playing?" Harry asked, nodding to the guitar.

"One of my older ones."

"Play it to me." Harry said, sitting down next to him, Clifford sitting firmly between his legs.

"Okay," Louis nodded, picking up the guitar again. "counted all my mistakes and there's only one, standing out from the list of the things I've done. All the rest of my crimes don't come close, to the look on your face when I let you go. So I built you a house from a broken home, and I wrote you a song with the words you spoke. Yeah, it took me some time, but I figured out, how to fix up a heart that I let down," Louis bummed the song with his eyes closed, a habit that stemmed from his insecurity of singing.

"Now, I'm searchin' every lonely place, every corner calling out your name, tryna' find you, but I just don't know... where do broken hearts go, where do broken hearts go," Louis couldn't see but Harry's mouth was actually agape, he was mesmerised at Louis' talent.

"Yeah, the taste of your lips on the tip of my tongue is at the top of the list of the things I want, mind is running in circles of you and me
anyone in between is the enemy. Shadows come with the pain that you're running from, love was something you've never heard enough, yeah, it took me some time, but I figured out how to fix up a heart that I let down,"

"Now, I'm searching every lonely place, every corner calling out your name , tryna' find you but I just don't know... where do broken hearts go? are you sleeping, baby, by yourself, or are you giving it to someone else? Try to find you, but I just don't know... where do broken hearts go?"

"Louis that was.... god you're so talented," Harry shook his head "what inspired it?"

"I wrote it from the perspective of josh when things ended, it's how I wished he felt, I tried to write everything I wanted him to say to me... he never did."

"I'm sorry louis you really don't deserve that."

Louis shrugged his shoulders before saying,

"When it was good it was great and I really felt like he loved me, but when it was bad it was really bad... don't really want to talk about it right now."

"That's okay, but I'll always want to listen to you if you decide you do want to talk about it."

Louis nodded, leaning in to kiss Harry which he happily reciprocated, the pair falling into a natural silence until Zayn came into the office an hour or so later.

"I want to fucking die." Zayn shouted slamming the door.

"What happened?" Louis asked.

"Woah-ho-hoooo," Harry tutted shaking his head "mistake."

"I'LL YOU WHAT HAPPENED! I WAS MINDING MY OWN FUCKING BUSINESS ACTUALLY TRYING TO DO MY JOB—"

"Surprise." Harry said under his breath, rolling his eyes, talking to his desk and sitting in his chair while resting his legs on his desk.

"What?" Zayn raised his eyebrows.

"Nothing, nothing carry on with your story." Harry held his hands up.

"That's what I thought," Zayn flipped Harry off "and who walks in? WHO WALKS IN?"

"Marcus?" Harry asked.

"MARCUS!" Zayn shouted "GOD HES OBSESSED WITH ME ITS CREEPY." Zayn rolled his eyes "WHY DOES HE STILL WORK HERE HARRY FIRE HIM!"

"Zayn we've had this conversation before, I can't fire someone because they moved too fast for your liking, grow up." Harry chuckled.

"Harry I'm being serious this time, fire him, he's stalking me."

"Zayn he works here too, he's not stalking you."Harry dismissed.

"Not for long, fire him." Zayn persisted.

"Why?"

"Because i asked you too." He folded his arms.

Harry rolled his eyes and grabbed the phone in his desk, pressing a number and holding the phone to his ear.

"Hello hollie I'm sorry to bother you," he stared daggers into zayn "yeah would you be able to let Marcus Jones know he has to unfortunately be let go..." Zayn smiled happily "... good question uh... he..." Harry stalled trying to come up with a reason "... Zayn asked me too, he's really cut up about their break up so, you know... thank you so much hollie, bye."

"I am not cut up! I'm relieved, besides I have Liam now." He said and immediately slapped his hand over this mouth.

"I KNEW IT!" Harry shouted.

"Yeah whatever shut up."

"You better not be using Liam to get over whoever this person is." Louis said suddenly, looking at Zayn.

"What? Louis i'd never do that,"" Zayn said, sounding more serious that Louis had heard him be before "I'm not kidding louis I've had people do that to me in the past and it's not fun, I'd never ever hurt someone like that."

Louis nodded, satisfied with zayns answer.

"So we all have fucked up ex's then?" Louis chuckled.

"Apparently so."

The rest of the day went by too fast for louis' liking, because, he was in the car on the way to the studio with Niall and he was absolutely shutting himself.

"You're gonna be okay louis, you've been there before." Zayn reassured as they pulled up to the studio.

"I know it's just... he's so talented—"

"So are you," Harry said, cutting Louis off and he just shrugged. "What's that on the floor?" He asked.

"What?" Zayn and Felix both said at the same time, looking down and Harry quickly kissed Louis on the lips while they couldn't see them.

"Oh it was a shadow it's okay." Harry shook his head while smirking at Louis who grabbed his hand in response.

"Right I'm going." He said, reaching for the door handle.

"Text me when you're on your way back." Harry said.

"Will do." Louis smiled.

Niall met him by the door, ushering him inside quickly.

"You've come at such a great time tommo, we're all so stuck." Niall chuckled opening a door to reveal 4 other lads in there, one of them holding a guitar, one drinking a beer, one with a pen tucked behind his ear and the other stressfully running his hands through his hair.

"You must be the famous Louis," the man with the guitar smiled holding out his hand "I'm Shaun."

"Hi Shaun."

"Sorry it's not just us this time," Niall apologised "will you be okay? Harry told me you had anxiety."

"Yeah I'll be fine." Louis nodded.

"Are you the one who wrote flicker?" The guy with the beer asked and Louis nodded "amazing song you're so talented."

"We're thinking of making it a title track," Niall said "and maybe the next single because obviously we only have one the loose out yet, we've fell really far behind schedule and management is up my arse so far, look at this," he said opening his mouth and pointing at his throat "you see them? that's them in there say hi."

Louis laughed loudly, his eyes crinkling up.

"That would be so sick," he nodded, internally trying to keep cool. "I played one for Harry today that reminded me of your album four," Louis nodded "I don't know if it would fit on this album but I'll play you it if you want."

"We're all ears." Niall sat down, and Louis played.

It was so strange because Louis has genuinely loved nialls music since he started making it, and to be sat in front of him right now was surreal, let alone be working with him on his new album. Seriously what the fuck was his life anymore?

When Louis hit the last cord the men in the room clapped for him.

"Fuck me louis you're incredible." Niall said with a head shake.

"It's all yours if you want it." Louis said with a smile.

"Lou you can't just give your songs away like this, i can help you get your own stuff out." Niall said seriously.

Louis shook his head " 'm genuinely too shy for it, I break down on stage, my mum was exact same it must run in the family."

"Was your mum a singer?" Niall asked.

"She tried to be but she just couldn't get over the stage fright I guess, promised her when I moved to london i'd at least try and do something with music," Louis smiled weakly "Niall you're forgetting I'm one of your biggest fans I'll genuinely pay you to sing my songs." He chuckled.

"Do you have any more that have the same vibe as flicker or the one you just played?" One of the lads asked and Louis nodded.

In total, he was at the studio from 4:30 until 10pm that night.

On his way home he made sure to tell Harry that he was on his way.

louis: on my way back,
it went well !! xx
louis: + no panic
attacks yay !!

cliffs favourite🙄: can't
wait to see you !! xxx
cliffs favourite🙄: also
yayyy !!! proud of u
did you eat ?? xx

louis: subway at like
6 ish ,, little bit hungry
now like :))

cliffs favourite🙄: want me
to make my famous popcorn
and we can watch grease?? Xx

louis: u know me so
well harold :)) xx

"How long have you worked for Harry, Felix?" Louis asked from the passenger seat from Felix's Rolls Royce.

"About 8 years, why?" Felix asked.

"Just wondering, what's your opinion on this whole situation?"

"I think that Harry has never been like this before, at least as far as I've seen. He thinks he's so unreadable and mysterious but he's not. I see the way he looks at you when you're in the back of the car," Felix chuckled "and I saw you kiss this afternoon."

"We didn't—" Louis began.

"I won't tell anyone don't worry, I think this situation is messy," Felix shook his head "and I'd never say this to Harry but..." Felix paused.

"I won't tell him if that's what you're worried about, I can keep a secret." Louis said honestly.

"I really do feel bad for Taylor, obviously her lies she's told about Harry to the media and on Twitter is wrong and she's said some choice words to him, but I have driven her in this car and heard her talk about Harry countless times and she was so so in love with him... love makes you do crazy things louis."

"Did he love her?" Louis asked, not really wanting to know the answer.

"No," Felix shook his head "and I think that's why she's so angry, all's she wanted was to be loved by him, and he's not the kind to give love out easily."

"Oh really?" Louis asked trying his best to not sound upset.

"That's not to say he won't eventually," Felix said quickly "like I said, I've never seen him like he is with you."

Louis smiled at that, if he was honest.... it was a little bit of an ego rub.

The conversations about Harry's former conquests stopped then, Louis really didn't need to hear more. For the rest of the car ride Louis and Felix just talked about Felix's kids and how Harry was the best uncle they could ask for.

"My brother died a couple of years ago," Felix said "he was the only one I had and I know he would have made a great uncle to Izzy, Hendrix and Logan. But Harry really stepped in, Zayn and Niall too and now my girls have 3 uncles," Felix smiled "and if Harry pulls his head out of his arse for a second and stops living in denial maybe 4." He shrugged.

And maybe Louis let a tear or two slip, but that was between him and the dog that was crossing the street when he turned his head away from Felix.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 5.7K 42
The description is shitty but you wont be disappointed (hopefully) Harry styles and liam Payne, two step brother who works for their father who is su...
130K 4.5K 28
(I wrote this when I was 13 and it's my first fic so ur allowed to laugh and cringe lmao) Niall is truly madly deeply in love with his best friend a...
5.1K 292 49
Its started with a short of introduced self in a letter and Louis find the letter by faith , then started to text the person , and they become friend...
7.2K 167 7
**COMPLETE** Louis is picked to appear on Love Island when a friend signs him up. He is pessimistic about the whole situation. That is until he meets...