Snakebite | Avengers: Endgame...

By SketchpadArtist21

"I retired from that life. I don't even have my suit anymore, the feds took it when I went under house arrest... More

Epigraph
Dedication
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 17

97 3 0
By SketchpadArtist21

"I know you're angry," I shot a glare at him, before punching the bag in quick succession. "Oh, I'm way past angry. I'm livid. Fucking Stark. He wouldn't even consider helping," I spat, not caring about my word choice. "He has a family," Steve said. "I did too. Still helped. And I paid for it," I snarled. "What are you talking about?" I stopped my onslaught, walking over to Steve, and lifted the chain around my neck.

"What's that?" He asked, looking at the ring on the end of it. "My engagement ring," I said sharply, and he sucked in a breath. "I'm sorry, I didn't know," he mumbled. "Nobody but my family and Tasha did. We were gonna get married on July first," I admitted. "What was his name?" He asked.

 "Ben. Ben Thompson," I said. "Nice guy?" My anger had mostly faded, but it still simmered in my stomach, ready to bubble up again. "Very. He was...he was Nat's dad," my voice broke as I said her name, the pain coursing through my veins. "I wish I could've met him," he said softly. "He would've fainted. He w-was a massive Avengers fan. I never did tell him I was Snakebite, despite his constant begging," I admitted, smiling at the memory.

"You love to keep that under wraps, don't you?" He asked, and I chuckled. "Not a single soul outside y'all and my family knows," I revealed. "You should get some sleep," he advised. "Why?" I challenged. "We--we might've found a backup plan," he admitted.

"Couldn't you have led with that? Alright, I'll sleep. You should, too," I said, unwrapping my hands and heading back into the locker room, putting my cloth back into my locker and closing it with a sigh. I trudged up to my room, which was on the third floor between Natasha's and Steve's rooms. I opened the door, staring at nothing as I closed it behind me. I changed into some pajamas, laying down on my bed. But, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't fall asleep.

Sighing, I looked under my bed, pulling out my katana. I went back to the gym, being sure to not make a sound as I passed Steve's room. "FRIDAY, you know what to do," I whispered. A hologram with a sword appeared, and I engaged in a fierce sparring match. When the sun was starting to peak over the treeline, I made a beeline back to my room, laying down just as Steve knocked on my door.

I faked grumbling, tussling my hair before going to answer the door. "Hey, Steve-o," I croaked. "Get dressed. Our back-up plan will be here soon," he said. "Aight. See you soon. And don't burn down the kitchen this time!" I called to his retreating back. "I'll try my best," he called back.

I pulled on some jeans, and a gray tank-top, putting my mom's old army jacket on over it. I looped her dog tags and my engagement ring around my neck before heading down to the kitchen to fix breakfast. In short, it was a long process to make food for an assassin, a former Avenger, and a Super Soldier. Tasha and Steve shuffled into the kitchen as I finished up, followed by someone. I glanced over, to see what looked like a combination of Bruce and Hulk.

"Bruce?" I asked incredulously. "Ellie! It's so good to see you!" He said, wrapping me in a hug. "What is...this?" I asked, gesturing to his new form. "Eighteen months in a gamma lab. I put the brains and the brawn together," he explained. "I think I preferred you one way or the other," I admitted.

"How have you been?" He asked. "Eh, pretty good for a survivor of the end of the world," I shrugged, seeing Steve shook me a glance. "So...this is the backup plan?" I asked, and Steve nodded. "He's the smartest person we know, besides Tony. We would've brought in Tanya and Misha, but..." I cringed, remembering their pictures on the 'Vanished' list. "Are we bringing anyone else into this mess of science and hypotheses?" I asked, and he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well, uh..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

738 40 14
"You step outside that door, you're an Avenger." ***** Avery Grace never had a family, or anything c...
6.9K 327 32
Having been taken into the Avengers only a year ago and surviving her kidnapped by HYDRA, Emily had finally felt like she had a place to belong and s...
734 21 7
Y/N Y/LN has been part of the Avengers since the start, she's battled against Loki, Ultron and Hydra. Now the team is her family and everybody loves...
2.2K 136 51
Hannah has been hiding her real identity for her whole life, but something has happen that force her to come out to the only family that she has left...