Little Miss Maisy

By MiniMe_fandoms

After a nasty divorce, and some custody issues-Maisy finally makes it back home. Maisy Rose was taken away w... More

Trackers
𝕒𝕖𝕀π•₯𝕙𝕖π•₯π•šπ•”π•€
Chapter one: Re-introductions
Chapter two: Here we go
Chapter three: My light and stars
Chapter four: Love is in the air
Chapter five: Hurricane Maisy
Chapter six: The Starry room
Chapter seven: Bubbles
Chapter eight: Final words
Chapter nine: Maisy takes on Eric
Chapter ten: Unfinished
Chapter eleven: This Sh*t is Bananas!
Chapter twelve: The mystery becomes history
Chapter thirteen: Jeanie's creation and a glorious mess
Chapter fourteen: The fault in the vase
Chapter fifteen: Questioning Eloise
Chapter sixteen: A day in the life of Maisy Rose
Chapter seventeen: Our sunshine
Chapter nineteen: Lucky
Chapter twenty: Don't poke the bear
Chapter twenty-one: The calm before the storm
Chapter twenty-two: Maisy's dillemas, and an unbroken home
Chapter twenty-three: Filling in the gaps
Chapter twenty-four: The trip, a lie, and the ar(gumen)t of monopoly
Chapter twenty-five: Sleepy nights, and stuffies rights
Chapter twenty-six: Maisy's favorite, The Game! Plus hidden talents
Chapter twenty-seven: The thing about babies
Chapter twenty-eight: Kennedy Grace, and Maisy's ongoing fascination
Chapter twenty-nine: The beauty of rain
Chapter thirty: A day of splashes and love
Chapter thirty-one: The one all about lobsters
Chapter thirty-two: Sass reveals itself
Chapter thirty-three: A break from reality
Chapter thirty four: Ballerinas
Chapter thirty-five: Spookity dookity, the Halloween special
Chapter thirty-six: The glue that holds us together; Maisy.
Chapter thirty-seven: Enjoying the little things
Chapter thirty-eight: We're almost there
Chapter thirty-nine: Oopsie-Daisy
Chapter fourty: Final Goodbyes and Tying up loose ends
β€’ Le Grand Finale β€’
~ QUICK NEWS BEFORE THE BONUS ~
β€’ I promised a Bonus β€’
Final Bonus | Lots of love β™‘οΈŽ
Guess what book is COMPLETED?!
?

Chapter eighteen: Everyone has their own battles

9K 287 3
By MiniMe_fandoms

"Okay?! So you don't support me?!"

Cassidy glared at Beau, they're usually very close, but that bond slips sometimes.

It didn't start out as a fight, but it was quickly moving towards one. Cassidy had mentioned that the other owner of the restaurant wanted to sign their ownership over to Cassidy; Granting her full ownership.

And Beau didn't think it was a good idea. Which sparked the argument.

"I never said that I don't support you! I'm just saying that it isn't a good idea." Beau and Cassidy were in the kitchen, and Maisy was watching Moana in the living room, hearing every word.

"No, you're saying you don't trust my judgement! I know what I'm doing and I SURE AS HELL DON'T NEED ANY APPROVAL FROM YOU!"

Maisy flinched at the echo of Cassidys yell, yelling made her nervous. Even as a four year old you can distinguish happy yelling from angry yells.

"Maisy, why don't you come upstairs." Eric whispered to her from the stairs, knowing the yelling was making her anxious. He hated the yelling too.

Maisy didn't argue and grabbed Teddy before she followed him.

Eric brought her to his room, and closed the door behind them to muffle the yelling.

"Why're they mad? Did I do something?" Maisy had some tears in her eyes, scared of why they were yelling. She didn't know a few of the words they used, grownup words she calls them. Not to be confused with Bad Words.

"You didn't do anything. They just...don't agree on something right now." Eric didn't know exactly what to tell her, of course they're mad. For whatever reason, they think it's a good idea to tell about it with Maisy here.

"Come here, lemme show you something." Eric grabbed his wireless headphones and put them over Maisys head, adjusting them a little so they would fit. The better they fit, the better they could drown out more of the yelling.

"What's this?" Maisy touched the weird object that hung over her ears, Eric stopped her from taking it off and turned on the Moana soundtrack, her favorite movie.

Maisys eyes widened at the sound and looked up at Eric in awe, wondering if he heard what was happening. "Eric!" He shushed her but smiled at how happy it made her. "I know, I know. You like it?" Maisy nodded and placed her hands over the ear part, listening to her songs.

•.                                  •.                                      •.

"Maisy honey, do you want some ravioli for dinner? Oh, maybe I shouldn't cook it though because I can't handle such responsibility."  Cassidy glared at Beau as she grabbed the ingredients out.

"Would you drop it already? I never said I don't believe in you." Beau grabbed silverware for dinner out, and Maisy backed away a couple of steps sensing another fight.

"You say that, but that's all I feel from you. I can do this. Why don't you see that?" Cassidy paused from grabbing the sauce out of the pantry, setting it down harder than necessary.

"Cassidy now isn't the time to talk-" Beau tried to stop the argument from going any further, but Cassidy insisted.

"No. Tell me why you can't believe in me." Beau sighed and walked forward a couple steps towards Cassidy, and she grasped the counter behind her as he raised his voice slightly.

"I do believe in you I just don't want to see you stressed out over the restaurant and possibly not being able to do it." At the end of his sentence he raised his hand for emphasis, but Cassidy flinched away and instinctively put her hand up to shield herself.

"Cass-"

Beaus anger immediately faded when he saw her reaction, and started to apologize and reach over to her but she jerked away and speed walked to the door before slamming it behind her.

Maisy watched Cassidy storm out, and looked up at Beau with huge, scared eyes. She didn't understand their fight, but now it made even less sense. "Cassidy? Beau, where'd she go?"

"Why'd she go?" Beau didn't really know how to answer Maisy, and he just stared at the door where Cassidy just left.

What surprised him was when it opened. But it was only Miles.

"What the hell was that? Cassidy practically ran through the lobby." Miles shut the door behind him, but he stopped when he saw Maisys nervous face, and Beau's strange regretful yet worried look.

"What's going on?" Maisy looked up at Beau, she wanted answers too.

"Cassidy thought I was going to hit her." Beau said it like he was repeating it to himself, like it was all his fault for everything going on.

Miles understood why he was making that face then, and only let out a small "oh."

His reaction only made it worse for Maisy, she didn't understand anything-except that Cassidy left very suddenly, and it made her anxious.

But what she didn't know, was that Cassidy was in a relationship with a bad man a few years ago. It lasted for a couple of years, they met in college and she moved in with him for a little bit there.

He abused her, hit her when he was drunk. He always got violent when he was drunk. It became a problem, and when Cassidy finally came to her senses, he went to jail for a very long time for killing someone, as a drunk driver.

It had its lasting effects on her, and she occasionally still flinches at small movements from men. Usually she won't storm out, but between the argument, and just everything-she wanted some space.

But Maisy doesn't know that, and she pulled on Beaus shirt trying to get his attention. "Beauy, I want Cassidy back! Want Cassidy!"

Miles walked closer and picked up Maisy, gently shushing her and patting her back. "Maisy, calm down. Cassidy will be back in a little bit, it's okay."

Beau snapped out of his weird trance, and excused himself to go upstairs to try and call Cassidy.

•. •. •.

"Goodnight Maisy, I'll see you in the morning." Beau flicked off the light, emphasizing the glow of Maisys star lights.

"night Beauy."

He closed the door behind him, and saw Cassidy leaning against the wall with her arms wrapped around her torso. "Hi."

"Can we talk for a minute?"

Beau nodded and put his hands in his pockets. "Actually, give me a second."

•.                                      •.                                    •.

"Maisy?"

Maisy looked away from the ceiling, and sat up when she saw her sister. "Cassie?!"

Cassidy smiled and sat on the bed next to Maisy. "Hey sweetie. I'm sorry I scared you." Cassidy knew that the yelling and the storming out had to scare her.

Maisy silently looked down, not knowing what to say. "Beau just...surprised me and then I wanted to go outside and get some air."

"Is' okay." Mikes tried to explain it to her a little bit, sparing as many details as he could.

Just because of how much Maisy knew she needed it, she added onto her sentence. "I love you."

Cassidy smiled and leaned it a little, wrapping her arms around Maisy. "I love you too, my little sunshine."

______________________________

A little more about Cassidy

If you have any ideas, or anything you want to see, I'd love to hear it

Thank you for reading! Please vote, comment, and share!

💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Found By Belle

Non-Fiction

328K 8.4K 60
FINISHED. 12/25/23 Second book will posted on February 10, is called 'Lost.' Will have a sequel to this book. Aurora is a new born baby. When her par...
7.9K 406 9
"Why do you want to talk to me?" "I love listening to you," "You're weird. No one listens to me because they say I spit Venom." "Yeah.. sweet venom."...
2M 107K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
310K 10.6K 46
Two families, one secret, and one chance to make it all right. The Ferrara and Caruso families are two of the most powerful families in New York. The...