Make Me Golden

By aandyP

"Even love isn't strong enough to stop someone from leaving you." - Hallie Talin "I won't leave you Hallie. N... More

00| the beginning
01| a party mishap
02| blunders of last night
03| the day after
| aesthetics |
04| proud and disappointed
05| disappear
06| serve me
07| follow my command
08| what he wants
09| his kiss
10| beautiful world
11| tears falling
13| getting ready
14| bad date
15| sorry gift
16| knock at midnight
17| a promise
18| lasting forever
19| night terrors

12| bundles of flowers

195 21 46
By aandyP

♚♔♚♔♚

I couldn't believe it.

I looked around seeing so many colors. The faces of my friends and boss consisted of the same expression as we looked around the cafe. Our jaws were all on the floor not even believing for a second that this was real. It looked more like a fantasy one would see in their dreams.

Dreams that are filled with imaginations that could not be fulfilled by this world. Visions that were assembled by individual parts of our minds that deluded our eyes from the grasps of reality.

Flowers.

So many flowers, all different colors and sizes. There were over a dozens bundles of flowers that covered every corner of the small cafe. I shifted my gaze and saw a specific bundle that caught my eye. It comprised of the most magnificent red roses with petals attached to petals in an infinite swirl.

I walked over and grabbed the bundle gently afraid that if I picked it up harshly the petals would fall off. My fingers grazed the petals in awe taking in its enticing sight. It's velvet red color resembled a blood like tint.

My body urged to catch at least a single sent of the roses. I complied to my body's want and raised the flowers to my nose and caught it's alluring scent of musk.

"Who are these all for?" My boss asked as she grabbed a yellow bundle.

"I bet you it is for Ava who else. I mean there are many guys who come here just to see Ava." Jeffery states causing Ava to turn beet red.

"That's not true! There are many guys that like Beth too." Ava claims defending herself.

"Not as many as your guy fans." Beth retorts quickly causing Ava to glare at her. She flips her hair in response before going back to looking at the flowers.

Ava did have many suitors that came to this cafe to see her, but she never talked to any of them. Her heart is set on Darius making any guy to her non existent.

"I wonder who would have gotten me all these. This must have cost a fortune." Just by looking at the quality of the flowers I knew Ava was right. This must have cost several thousand dollars. And I wasn't even joking.

"Maybe it could be from-" Ava mummers to herself trying to solve the case.

"There must be a card somewhere to say who's it from. Lets all look." Beth says as she starts rummaging through the flowers in search for a small note.

A throat cleared loudly catching all of our attention. I turn to see Mrs. Pot with her hands on her waist. "What about work?" She stressed out 'work' putting more accent in it.

We all stare at each other which grimes looks. "But-" Mrs. Pot cuts off Beth and raises her hands and points to her wrist that had a watch over it.

"What time is it?" She says in a stern voice.

"Time to work, but there are flowers everywhere so I was saying that we open up the cafe an hour later today, so we have time to clean up—and look for a love letter too while we're at it." Beth muttered that last part but we heard her loud and clear causing us to chuckle as her tactics.

Our boss upheld a strong front before sighing and agreeing with Beth. Beth cheers and for the next hour we store all the flowers in the storage room in the back. I was placing one of the bundles in the back before I heard Beth scream.

"I found it! I found it! I found the note. Oh, and there is something written in it." Beth screams, scaring me all the sudden causing the flowers in my hands to fall on the floor.

"Hurry up and see what it says! I wanna know what it says about me!" I could hear the excitement in Ava's voice making me smile. I pick up the bundle and put it on the pile of flowers we had form when I hear Jeffery's voice.

"Who says they are for you madam? We don't know if it's for you so don't get your hopes up little girl." Jeffery says tauntingly. Next thing I hear is a huge slap that makes me wince. Knowing Ava, she must have slapped Jeffery in the head.

"Your the one that said it would be for me you moron." Jeffery hisses in pain and I can practically see him having a glare on his face directed towards Ava.

"Ya, ya no need to slap me though. You have the hands of a man." Before they could continue to argue, I here Beth interfere breaking up the agreement before it escalated.

"Guys, stop arguing! I have bad news. The card I found only had the number of the flower shop where the flowers were bought from. There is no note written on it." She groaned out loud.

"Wait! Beth did you say there was a number on the card."

I walk out to the front and see Beth nodding with a frown clear on her face. My boss goes up to her and takes the card looking at what was written. "Why don't we call the number to see who sent these flowers and who they are for."

"That's actually a good idea Mrs. Pot." Jeffery exclaims and we all nod.

"Okay, then hold on and let my get my phone." She left leaving us to eagerly wait for her return.

"Man, whoever bought all these flowers must be crazy!" Jeffery states.

"Crazy in love!" Beth says making Jeffery erupt in laughter while shaking his head.

Mrs. Pot came back and was about to say something but only shook her head and whispered something under her breath. "Never mind."

We all quiet down seeing Mrs. Pot signaling us by putting her finger on her lips. After a couple of rings, an old woman picks up.

Her scratchy voice sounded through the phone as we all neared Mrs. Pot. "Hello."

"Hi, my name is Emily Pot and I am calling from H.P. Cafe. There were a ton of flowers sent to our shop but we are not sure who they are from and who they are for. We were hoping that you would know who sent these flowers."

Her reply comes in muffles as it was to low to catch. I see Jeffery and Beth mouthing to Mrs. Pot to put the phone on speaker. Mrs. Pot lowers the phone from her ear and pressed speaker making the lady's bounce through the walls of the cafe.

"Ah, are you speaking about the thirty bundle of flowers that were sent to H.P cafe early this morning."

"Yes! That's the one."

"Yes, I see. I know that the flowers were sent for a female worker at that cafe. And oh my, can I say how lucky she is. The man was incredibly handsome! He made me feel so giddy and hot. If I was young and unmarried, I would have kissed him right then and there. He was something I tell you."

Jeffery begins to laugh. "I like her."

"I apologize but I do not have the name of the man who bought the flowers I'm sorry."

"Is there any receipt or card that says who the flowers are for? We wanted to know if the flowers were sent for my employee, Ava." Mrs. Pot asks.

"Alright let me check real quick. Her name sounds familiar so they may be for her but let me double check for you real quick. Please hold for a few moments."

"Don't worry ma'am. Take your time." I hear rummaging of paper from the other side as the old lady may have been looking through receipts.

"Ava! Oh my goodness! You need to figure out who got all these flowers for you!" Our boss says loudly.

"Yes! I agree with Mrs. Pot one hundred percent." Beth says while wrapping her arms around Ava and wiggling her eyebrows. "I wanna see this handsome man."

"Ya, this was a really sweet jester Ava. You should figure out who bought these for you and say thank you." I included.

Ava nods. "You right. This must have cost a fortune so I need to say thank you. But, how can I when I have no idea who it is? It could be anyone."

"It's okay we will figure it out together. But, guys you are all missing the big picture."

We look at Beth puzzled. "What are we missing Beth?" Jeffery asked.

"That Ava now has a secret admirer. A secret admirer that is freakin handsome." I saw a bright red tint on Ava's cheek as she blushed.

"Shut up Beth!" We laugh seeing the redness in her cheeks grow brighter each second. She slaps her hands on her cheeks to cover her blush making us laugh louder.

"Stop it!" She yells but we continue to laugh seeing her reaction. It was clear by her twitching and blushing that she was embarrassed.

"Don't be embarrassed Ava. We all just find it sweet that someone did all this for you. My husband would get me flowers everyday when we were dating and we had been married for twenty five years after. It's amazing seeing people now a days giving flowers like the olden days. Boys these days don't even show respect to woman."

A voice interrupts making us shift our attention back to the phone. "Wait I think I found the receipt. Let me just put on my reading glasses to see the name of the receiver."

The next few moments felt like hours waiting for the lady to say that name.

"Ah yes! It says here that the-" She pauses for a moment.

"Is there a problem ma'am?" My boss asks anxiously.

"Well, actually do you have a worker named Hallie?" Everyone turned towards me wondering why she was asking about me.

"Why, yes we do. Why are you asking about her?" My boss asked.

"Well it says here that the man that bought all those flowers were for Hallie Talin."

No one spoke for a moment. My boss finished talking with the lady and cut the call before the silence returned.

Me.

The bundles of flowers were for me. I would have thought they would be for Ava or even Beth but me. It had to be a mistake. No one would waste their time and money for me.

I wondered who would do this for m-

Darius.

The man who unwelcoming entered my life. The man who wanted to court me. The man who stole my first kiss. The man who caused emotions to form in my heart that had never even existed before.

The man who will undoubtedly ruin me.

♚♔♚♔♚

Can I just say that I have the best readers! "Make Me Golden" now has over 500 reads. Can you believe it! You guys are the best. Thank you!

some questions (for research purposes 🤔🤫)
1. Who is your favorite character?
2. Who is your least favorite character?

thank you for the love and support
sayonara

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.8K 1.5K 24
( completed in 2014) ( I wrote this when I was thirteen.. not my best work. plotting and writing is terrible just to warn you ) Peyton hasn't had the...
1.9K 99 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...
55.7K 1K 34
(NOT FULLY EDITED) Madison has dealt with abuse and heart ache her whole life thinking that it was what she deserved. First her parents then her boyf...
45 34 34
Sometimes the one you love, is just a temporary part of your life *********** New college student, 18 year old Hallie Cook was looking forward to the...