To String Together ( Huaze Le...

Oleh Sammyiams

Faye Calinao is a 20 year old musician who is well known for being one of the top cellist at Juilliard. Faye... Lebih Banyak

Authors Note
Welcome Home
Good Morning
School Arrival
Lei's Words
Lunch Decision
Story
Panic
Making Plans
Breakfast
Milk Tea
Meizuo
Feng Residence Pt. 1
Feng Residence Pt. 2
Rough Morning
Solve the Problem
Difference Between Like and Love
Kiss & Tell
Thoughts
Memory
Truth Pt 1
Truth Pt 2
My Handsome Bestfriends
Her
Honest
Attention
Coping
Worry
Approval
History
Soirรจe
Surprise!
Beautiful Memories
Moody
Lost
Ximen
I Love You
Not Ready
Celebration
Farewell
Astro Members (part 1)
Astro Members (Part 2)
Uncertain
Reassurance
Happy Birthday Faye!
Finding Faye
Sequel

Morning Rehersal

2.2K 59 29
Oleh Sammyiams

Hauze Lei

Rehearsing the middle section, the both of us powered through the piece sight reading together for the first time. My eyes looking ahead slightly holding my breath making sure I could keep up with the tempo Faye had chosen to rehearse for today. We weren't playing at full tempo and I could tell Faye was getting tired after rehearsing all morning on my solo, her solo, then our first duet piece we had just decided on. I smiled as I switched  from fifth position to third position thinking about what happened yesterday with Faye.

We were approaching the end of the second movement where we agreed to stop. I took a glance towards her and my breath was taken away as she played her cello with focus. I looked back to the piece in front of me mesmerized by her bow hold and her strong will to rehearse for hours with little sleep and having quite a lot of wine the night before. Faye did not complain this morning when I woke her up to do rehearsal. She was the one who pulled me into the living room so we could rehearse.

The piece came to an end for the second movement and I looked towards Faye again waiting to cut off at the same time as her. She took a deep breath and I lifted my bow off the string the same time she lifted hers. The vibrato used for our last note resonated around the room and I waited until she took her fingers off the string before relaxing. She placed her cello on the ground on its side and she stood to place her bow on top of the piano. I carefully place my violin and bow on top of the piano.

Making my way over to her I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind and placed my chin gently on top of her head. I realized last night she loved being held. She felt at peace and comfortable with me holding her until she fell asleep at some point of watching Love Alarm. Seeing her in my arms and watching tv was something I did not realize this was something that would become my new favorite thing to do with her. This was something I felt was missing and also wanted. I've never done anything like this before.

Faye turned around in my arms and she brought her arms where they could be placed around my shoulders. She looked up with a tired smile. She may be exhausted, but I could see in her eyes from the little time we've been here in Paris she has been... content. She seemed more relaxed and I was beginning to see a side of her I haven't had the chance to witness. I hope I can continue to make her feel this way.

I looked towards her lips, tempted to kiss her here. It wasn't clear for me if she was ready. We're at a stage where we comfortably cuddle, holding each other and allowing myself to kiss her forehead. Telling her she's beautiful was enough to see her blushing.

"Lei?" She asked lightly. I smiled and moved a strand of her hair away from her face and hummed. She then leaned her head against my chest and I gently kissed her head. "Thank you for bringing me here."

"Thank you for trusting me Faye," I spoke. My heart beated quickly for her and I knew I was feeling content where we were going at the moment. We stood like this in silence for a few minutes enjoying the company of each other. "Faye?" She hummed a moment later and realized she was resting her eyes. There wasn't a way for me to go back now once I do this. She pulled her head back to look up to me. Her green eyes made direct eye contact and I was at loss for a moment. "I really like you." I spoke gently. A smile formed her face and I took a step closer to her. Her lower back gently hit the piano. Her cheeks were evident of blush.

"I like this side of you," she spoke. Her tone became shy suddenly and I found it cute. "As you know..." she spoke softly. "I like you. You know that already." I knew she had liked me for quite some time, but hearing her say it out loud gave me a feeling where my heart only raced for her.

"You're beautiful," I spoke to her. I unwrapped one of my arms so I could place my one hand on her waist. "I hope you will give me a chance?"

"A chance by going on an official date?"

"This felt like our first date," I smiled sheepishly. She knows this entire day is our date. Morning rehearsal happened to be the first on the agenda.

"What is it you're asking Mr.Hauze?" She asked curiously. I knew she wanted me to be more specific.

"I want to be your boyfriend," I spoke calmly and I watched as her eyes widened slightly in shock from my straightforward answer for her. I noticed her breath quickened slightly and her mouth parts slightly in shock. I have noticed I have found many of her reactions cute and this was one of them.

"Lei..." she spoke softer than I had thought she would. I looked towards her curious she had a change in tone. My mind thought about her thoughts and thinking she is could possibly be self doubting herself.

"I want to be the one to make you happy Faye, not Meizuo," I said lightly. "I made the mistake of pushing you away. I am sorry for causing you confusion and pain."

"Are you sure?" She asked. She seemed hesitant.

"I'm sure," I gave her a reassuring smile. "I want us to be officially together and show you my world." It seemed something was on her mind. This morning wasn't meant to bring her down. I took my phone from the stand and clicked on my messages with Ximen. I started from the beginning of where I wanted her to read and hand my phone over to her.

Faye Calinao

I gently took the phone from Lei wondering what he wanted to show me. We have been having a great time together ever since dinner with Jing yesterday. To me I felt part of a weight had disappeared and now it felt like we were both in a world where I was beginning to feel... happy.

Even though we have not spent much time apart together since we've arrived, I noticed a different side of Lei. He seemed to be more open with me and he was trying to show his emotions towards me. He seemed more joyful and wanted to be playful at times. I looked down at the phone and noticed it was a message conversation between Lei and Ximen.

Lei: I would like to officially pursue Faye

Ximen: Wei! You asked me if you and Faye can become closer, then ask to take her to Europe for a week on short notice and now you want to date her? We had this talk already

Lei: yes

Ximen: what about Jing? Are you SURE about this?

Lei: Jing and I have already discussed things. My feelings for Faye are different in a way than Jings. I'm not sure how to explain this through text, but she makes me more nervous than I have felt around someone. Please Ximen? I can't pursue her without knowing you, as my best friend, will accept I am seeing your best friend 🥺😿

Ximen: Can we discuss this when you get back?

Lei: I'm in Paris with Faye. Our feelings are mutual and strong. This can not wait

Ximen: You're difficult. You know that right? When did you grow up to be a man? I'll be a lot harsher on you if you break her heart... it's not really up to me whether you two date. I'm alright with your relationship with her. I know she has a liking towards you.. I won't interfere with your relationship, because you are both special people in my life.

Lei: thanks Ximen :)

Ximen: Don't get her pregnant. I don't want that to be the next thing I hear. I swear I will murder you if this happens before graduation.

My eyes widen at the last message shared between Lei and Ximen. I realized this conversation took place yesterday evening. I looked up at Lei feeling my cheeks burning from Ximen's text and Lei waiting for me to respond. He continued to hold me in his arms. His eyes gave nothing, but warmth and reassurance after our rehearsal together.

"Are you sure you want me to be your girlfriend?" Asking once more making sure he wanted this. My heart was beating like a hummingbird, I'm surprised I seemed calm on the outside.

"I'm sure Faye," Lei smiled. His perfect teeth showing he was sure about this. "I want to make the commitment with you." I smiled up at him as this tingly feeling went through my entire body. My stomach felt bubbly even though I knew I was getting hungry.

"Okay," I finally answered and it took a moment for him to register what I just said. Seeing Lei smile was a sight I could never be tired of. He leaned down and I felt one of his arms around me unwrapped so his hand could be placed against the side of my face before leaning down and placing his lips on mine. I automatically closed my eyes and my one hand held the back of his neck to pull him closer.

...

"Martino would seem like a piece for us to do," Lei commented. He held the door open for me and allowed me to walk out of the cafe onto the sidewalk of Paris. Once we were outside, Lei reached for my hand and I smiled looking at him. "We needed a challenging piece."

We had just finished a wonderful breakfast at a cafe just down the road from the apartment. It was a small, but very elegant place to be. The service was wonderful and I was able to have a very delicious breakfast. Lei seemed to be in a very good mood since I accepted to be his girlfriend. He reached for my hand so he could intertwine our hands and began walking to our next destination.

"Faye Calinao!" I heard a young girl call out from a distance and my eyes landed towards a young child no older than possibly seven. She held her mother's hand as the two walked in my direction. The young girl seemed very happy to see me and I smiled as I glanced towards Lei, who was slightly confused about what was going on. He slowly let go of my hand as the girl and mother approached us.

"Hello," I spoke, switching over to French.

"My daughter is a big fan," the mother spoke smiling at her daughter, then looking towards me.

"It's so cool to see you here in person!" The young girl beamed at me. "I play the cello just like you!" I smiled at the girl feeling thankful to have moments like these.

"It's wonderful you play the cello! Do you have a favorite piece you like to play?" I love interacting with my fans when I am able to. It was a rewarding and refreshing feeling. She nods excitedly and talks about her solo she had and performed the first movement of the Cello Concerto by Elgar. She talked about how she liked to watch my performances before she goes to sleep and how my interviews inspired her to continue with the cello.

"Can I take a picture with you?" She asked in her cheerful tone.

"Of course!" I smiled and I noticed both the mother and Lei moved so both the young girl and I had our backs face the street. I gently wrapped my arms around her waiting for her mother to take out her phone. I smiled for the camera and I leaned over to hug the girl before standing.

"It was really nice meeting you Faye!"

"It was not to meet you!" The girl went over to her mother and she thanked me as well before they were off to their destination. I walked over to Lei, who was quite the entire time. I intertwined my hands with his before we began walking again.

"I continue to forget my girlfriend is famous," Lei spoke and I looked towards him. He began swinging his hands slightly and I smiled at the gesture. "Does this mean I get a sneak peak on the album you're working on?"

"Hmmm... maybe?" Lei looked towards me and I shyly shrugged. He makes an unexpected pouty look and my heart escalated at how cute he looked. He brought out his lip slightly and eyes pretending to look sad.

"Awe, please? I'm really curious."

"Oh... alright. I'll give you a preview of my album. You can't tell anyone though."

"I promise," Lei smiled. "I'm very interested in your creation."

///

Happy Wednesday! Hope you've enjoyed this wonder and happy chapter. They're officially together! What could possibly happen next? 😉😏

Next update: Wednesday

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

240K 7.2K 49
โ love isn't something you find. it finds you, in the most unexpected times and places. โž [ a meteor garden fanfic ] [ f4 x fem!ocs ] [ currently bei...
28.5K 884 30
I do not own any of the characters used in this story! All rights go to the creators of Yu-Gi-Oh! I also do not own the cover of this story. Link to...
50.2K 3.2K 59
#WATTYS2020 The lives of rap songwriter, Wang He Di and aspiring singer, Shen Yue, intertwine at a music club in Suzhou. It is love at first sight fo...
68K 1.9K 51
the journey of a quiet, closed off man and a fiery, maturing girl who deal with heartbreak, love, and abuse whilst trying to find themselves and who...