✓ Heavenly

By demetersdoom

you have aroused my anger and turned your back on me ✶ Harry Potter / Order of the Phoenix - Deathly Hallows More

Angel face, devilish thoughts. . .
000. The Death/The Birth
Part One: Blink from a Universal Eye
001. Just Like Astrid
002. Parental Guidance
003. Hogwarts Express
004. Ministry Interference
005. Poison Ivy
006. Eye To Eye
007. Heavy On My Mind
008. Defense Against The Dark Arts
009. Eyes Of The Ministry
010. Mind Over Matter
011. Little Sister
012. Lovegood
013. I Must Respect My Superiors
014. Nothing Special
015. Law Of Attraction
016. Life and Death, Good and Evil
017. When Push Comes To Shove
018. Halo Model
019. Only In My Dreams
020. Hog's Head
022. In The Fireplace
023. Halfbreed
024. Dumbledore's Army
025. No Such Thing
026. Heavens And Back
027. Absolute Power
028. The Voice In The Void
029. Girl Interrupted
030. St. Mungo's
031. A Single Cry On Christmas
032. Valentine's Day
033. Kindred Spirits
034. The Tiger and The Tigress
035. The Plunge
036. In Control
037. Department of Mysteries
038. Beyond The Veil
039. Guardian Angels
040. Judgement Day
Part Two: A New World Order
041. Revelations
042. Holy Terror
043. Lazarus Rising
044. Venus Black
045. No Rest For The Wicked
046. Coconut Vanilla
047. House Of Cards
048. Dumb Luck
049. Teenage Dream
050. 'Tis The Season
051. Light And Dark
052. Nobody Likes A Bitch
053. God's Grace
054. Trouble In Paradise
055. Kiss And Tell
056. Lightning-Struck Tower
057. Time Will Come
058. Getaway Angel
059. Life After Death
060. Until Hell Freezes
Part Three: Drunken Gods of Slaughter
061. Universal Law
062. Angels On The Line
063. Resurrection Alone
064. Stairway To Heaven
065. Always A Bridesmaid
066. The Ministry Has Fallen
067. September First
068. Teenage Rebellion
069. Target Of Tyranny
070. Malfoy Manor
071. Fight Or Flight
072. On The Other Side
073. Angel Not On Earth
074. Room Of Requirement
075. Commencement
076. The Battle of Hogwarts
077. Only The Dead Have Seen The End
078. Value Of Life
079. The Human Heart
080. How We Survive
081. Who Wins The War
082. Epilogue / After the Storm

021. The High Inquisitor

5K 258 57
By demetersdoom

Part One / Chapter Twenty-One

The night with Harry never left Venus' mind. Still fresh, as if it happened just hours ago. First kisses always terrified Venus; after since her first smooch with Michael Corner during a birthday party in third year, she'd stopped furthering her love life.

Besides, it was Harry James Potter, what was she thinking?

It was a brisk Sunday morning. With no homework to complete, Venus patrolled the first-years, mostly because she knew Ron wasn't going to do it. All of the younger children indulged happily with one another, chitchatting endlessly. Cordelia, looking quite bothered sitting beside a boy with platinum blonde hair that pointed in every direction.

       She glided down the last few steps before chiming, "Cordelia!" The small girl turned to reply when the boy beside her called out to Venus first.

       "You're Venus Rosario! The girl that smacked the bloody hell out of that Slytherin!" The blonde haired boy said. She looked at Ron to make sure he was still breathing because this boy was channeling his spirit through and through.

       "Stop being annoying," Cordelia said to him. "But it was super cool!"

       "Thanks, sorry you had to see that." apologized Venus.

       The small girl's eyebrows met so close they nearly blended together. Cordelia sat up straight and giggled, "I'm not. I witnessed my first fight!"

       Venus felt her response begin to slip from her tongue when she stopped. A new notice had been posted on the board in the Gryffindor Common Room. A rather large sign. The new sign was imprinted in large black letters and a highly official-looking seal at the bottom. Venus directed her attention toward it and read:

— by order of —
The High Inquisitor of Hogwarts
All Student Organizations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and Clubs are henceforth disbanded.
An Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students. Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).
No Student Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club may exist without the knowledgeable and approval of the High Inquisitor. Any student to have formed, or to belong to, an Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.
The above is in accordance with
Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.
Signed: high inquisitor
Dolores Jane Umbridge

       "You have got to be kidding me." Venus hissed to herself looking up at the Notice. "It's impossible, this can't be true." She felt someone move up behind her, blowing air from their mouth.

       "She can do this but can't get a proper manicure?" said Constance from behind Venus. She blew lightly on a freshly painted coat of pink nail polish covering her fingernails. "It's absolutely preposterous."

       Litters of second-years crowded around the notice. "Does this mean they're going to shut down the Gobstones Club?" One of them asked their friend.

       "I reckon you'll be okay with Gobstones," said Ron darkly, making the second year jump. He and Harry had met the group of Gryffindor's crowding around the notice board; necks inclined back reading the notice. "Hi Constance." greeted Ron.

       "Hello Rufus," said Constance narrowing her eyes down at her pink nails. "I cannot believe I smudged my nail polish— Eurgh!" She stomped back up to the dormitory. Ron remained there breathless as if Venus weren't there.

       "Am I invisible or something?" Venus huffed at Ron who snapped his attention to her.

      "Yeah— hi Venus," he said carelessly. "Don't think our club will be as lucky with this Decree, will it?"

      "The question is, how the bloody hell did she manage to do it?" said Venus. Ron gave her an I'm-just-as-confused-as-you look.

       "This isn't a coincidence," Harry said suddenly, his hands forming fists. "She knows."

       "She can't," Venus and Ron said at once. She felt her stomach curl up looking at Harry. She immediately turned away and stared up at the sign.

       "There were people listening in that pub. And let's face it, we don't know how many of the people who turned up we can trust. . . . Any of them could have run off and told Umbridge. . . ."

       "Zacharias Smith!" said Ron at once, punching a fist into his hand. "Or — I thought that Michael Corner had a really shifty look too —"

       "We need proof before we go accusing anyone, Ron." said Venus in a vexing tone.

       "I wonder if Hermione's seen this yet?" Harry said, looking around at the door to the girls' dormitories.

       "Let's go and tell her," said Ron. He bounded forward, pulled open the door, and set off up the spiral staircase.

       Venus yanked him by the collar and said, "Boys aren't allowed in the girl's dormitories."

       "Rubbish!" said Ron at once. Venus shrugged and trotted up the staircase, looking down at Ron with her hand perched on her hip. "I can easily walk up a flight of stairs." He scoffed. He passed the sixth step when a loud, wailing, klaxonlike sound rang in her ears. The steps behind her melted together to make a long, smooth stone slide. There was a brief moment when Ron tried to keep running, but he toppled over backward and shot down the newly created slide, coming to rest on his back at Harry's feet.

       "Er — I don't think we're allowed in the girls' dormitories," said Harry, pulling Ron to his feet and trying not to laugh. Venus didn't try and hide her amusement; tickled pink at Ron's plummet and she finally spoke through stifled laughs.

       "I hate — to say — I told you so, but—"

       "You'd love to tell me you told me so," said Ron, who was still rather disheveled. "I didn't realize that would happen. It's not fair!" he added to Harry, as Venus whizzed gracefully down the slide.

       "You're right," said Venus. Her smirk transformed into a smug smile, "I told you so. Imbecile." Ron grumbled.

       "Hermione's allowed in our dormitory, how come we're not allowed — ?"

       "Well, it's an old-fashioned rule," said Hermione, who had just slid neatly onto a rug in front of them and was now getting to her feet, "but it says in Hogwarts, A History that the founders thought boys were less trustworthy than girls. Anyway, why were you trying to get in there?"

       "To see you — look at this!" said Ron, dragging her over to the notice board.

       Hermione's eyes slid rapidly down the notice. Her expression became stony.

       "Someone must have blabbed to her!" Ron said angrily.

       "They can't have done," said Hermione in a low voice looking worryingly at Venus.

       "You're so naive," Ron ranted, "you think just because you're all honorable and trustworthy —"

       "No, they can't have done because Venus helped me put a jinx on that piece of parchment we all signed," said Hermione grimly. "Believe me, if anyone's run off and told Umbridge, we'll know exactly who they are and they will really regret it."

       "What'll happen to them?" said Ron eagerly.

       "Well, put it this way," said Hermione, "it'll make Eloise Midgen's acne look like a couple of cute freckles. Come on, let's get down to breakfast and see what the others think. . . . I wonder whether this has been put up in all the Houses?"

      It was immediately apparent on entering the Great Hall that Umbridge's sign had not only appeared in Gryffindor Tower. There was a peculiar intensity about the chatter and an extra measure of move- ment in the Hall as people scurried up and down their tables conferring on what they had read. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Venus had barely taken their seats when Neville, Dean, Fred, George, and Ginny descended upon the trio beside them.

       "Did you see it?"

       "D'you reckon she knows?"

       "What are we going to do?"

       They were all looking at Harry. He glanced around to make sure there were no teachers near them.

       "We're going to do it anyway, of course," he said quietly.

       "Knew you'd say that," said George, beaming and thumping Harry on the arm.

       "The prefects as well?" said Fred, looking quizzically at Ron and Venus.

       "Obviously," said Venus coolly turning back to Constance.

       "Here comes Ernie and Hannah Abbott," said Ron, looking over his shoulder. "And those Ravenclaw blokes and Smith . . . and no one looks very spotty."

       "Never mind spots, the idiots can't come over here now, it'll look really suspicious — sit down!" she mouthed to Ernie and Hannah, gesturing frantically to them to rejoin the Hufflepuff table. "Later! We'll — talk — to — you — later!"

       "I'll tell Michael," said Ginny impatiently, swinging herself off her bench. "The fool, honestly . . ." She hurried off toward the Ravenclaw table; Venus watched her go. She saw Harry gazing in that direction. She followed his gaze and her eyes fell on Constance; Cho was sitting beside her, talking to the her cousin, most likely about the Educational Decree. She felt herself heat up alarmingly, a pain pounding in her chest.

       "Ms. Rosario," a gut-wrenching voice called out from behind her. "Hopefully you aren't causing anymore trouble, Mr. Potter."

       Harry kept quiet and avoided any eye contact with Professor Umbridge. Venus felt frozen in place; arms stuck on the table and eyes glued in front of her. Umbridge's presence stopped the entire Gryffindor tables actions. Deafening silence surrounding her. She looked anywhere but behind her when her eyes fell on Constance who was watching worryingly.

       "Ms. Rosario, I hope you haven't forgotten about our little chat in Transfiguration," she said forcing her usual cheery voice. "That proposition still stands. One day, you'll be cured and you will feel somewhat heavenly."

       Heavenly.

       The word rang in Venus' ears. She knew. She had no idea how but she did. Hermione, Ron and Harry looked alarmed. Venus felt victim to the thought that one day, Umbridge was going to bleed her out. Venus didn't worry about that. She worried about her hatred penetrating so deep, that she would allow Venus to die in the process.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 212 48
"𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬, 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦. 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣�...
32.9K 874 81
❈ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐮𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 ❈ 〖 Harry Potter x Fem!reader - Mas...
133K 3.2K 138
⚠️READ AT OWN RISK, THIS WAS ERITTEN WHEN I WAS 14 😭⚠️ NIGHTMARE || ❝ - I've gotta recognise the weapon in my mind - ❞ 【 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥...
24.4K 1K 31
❝Can you hear my heart breaking inside my chest? Can you hear my screams? Because I don't think you can, and that scares me even more, because what i...