Life Isn't So Simple With Her

By EmmaQuinn7

Harley Quinn/ Swan, is bubbly and psychotic, the fraternal twin sister of Bella Swan. Moving to Forks, Harley... More

Life Isn't So Simple With Her
Twilight
'We're On The Move!'
'There Are So Many Threats In The Air'
'No One Messes With My Sister'
'Bella!!'
Announcement
'What Are You?'
'We're Going to Jacksonville?'
'Your Brother Is Annoying Me'
'Is My Sister Trying To Flirt?'
'Port Angeles Isn't Safe At Night'
'Vampires?!'
'You Guys Sparkle! Thats Something I Have To See!'
Attention
'I Want Us To Be Together. All Three Of Us.'
'Bella Knows!'
'I Need To Tell You Something Dad'
'Let's Meet A Vampire Family'
'Baseball Time'
'Well, That Esculated Quickly'
'That Was Cruel'
'A Late Night Visit'
'Prom Night!'
Attention!
'Rose is Scary When She's Angry'
'New Moon'
'It's Party Time!'
'You Better Call!'
'Where's Bella!'
'There is already one of me, we don't need another'
'You're My New Best Friend'
'Hey Gumdrop, It's Your Boyfriends'
'Damn, Embry Grew Up'
'Who were you talking to!'
'I think that was an upgrade from good looking, wasn't it Gumdrop?'
'Bella and Jacob Fought?'
'OH MY GOD!'
'So You're The Vampire Girl'
'Alice!'
'He's Planning A Funeral'
'Why Is He So Dramatic?!'
'The One And Only Harley Swan!'
'Puddin! Pumpkin!'
'I Need To Tell Ya Something'
'We Will Be Watching'
'Florida'
'Gumdrop, You Imprinted!'
'A Good Old Truce'
'They're Coming Here'
'Yes!'
'I Love You'
'One Year Later'

'This Is So Awesome'

19.5K 591 326
By EmmaQuinn7

Forks High School
Parking Lot - Another Day

Harley and Bella climb out of the truck, Harley looks around with a smile before skipping towards Angela and Eric. Bella lags behind, an angry scowl resting upon her face.

Angela looks to Harley, who comes to stand by her side, and points to an unhappy Bella.

"What's wrong with her?" Harley looks to Bella and let's out a huff.

"Besides everything being wrong with her." Angela nudges her a little, a small smirk on her face with Eric snickering at the comment. "Jacob, a friend of ours hasn't been talking to her lately." Harley shrugs. "I've told Bella he's sick and maybe he doesn't want to make her sick as well if she visits, but she's not listening and we got into another fight about it."

Eric shakes his head a little at this. "Wow, Bella's turned into a right Bitch." Angela hits his shoulder, shaking her head at him.

"Don't be mean, she's just..."Angela pauses a little, a frown on her face. "Going through some stuff." Harley scoffs at this, shooting Angela a doubtful look.

"Honeypie, I don't think her 'going through some stuff' warrants her to be a right bitch, especially to her twin." Angela sighs.

"I know. I know."

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Bella's Bedroom
Night

Harley pauses outside Bella's room, she was going to get some water from the kitchen but stopped when she could hear Bella pacing and the phone ringing. 'BEEEEP'

"Me again. I just... need to hear your voice..." Hayley let's out a scoff at this before continuing on towards the kitchen, her kitty slippers softly meowing as she walks.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Kitchen
Day

Bella's on the phone, leaving yet another message. In the living room, Charlie and Harry check their fishing gear, Harley watches them.

"Jacob. Please. Call me."

She hangs up, leans her forehead against the phone. Charlie enters, Harley skips past him to the fridge. "Harry and I will be back by three-" He stops when he sees her. Puts a hand on her shoulder. "It's mono, Bells."

"He's too sick to even call?" Bella whines, Harley shakes her head before taking the orange juice out of the fridge.

"You just gotta wait it out." Charlie pauses. "You know, I don't have to go fishing..."

Bella forces a smile. "No, go. I'll call Jess or someone."

"Good. But stay here or at Jess's. No hikes or anything. We're issuing a warning about those bears." Bella nods, eyes avoiding his. Once the men leave, Harley looks to Bella accusingly.

"Watcha doin Bella?" Bella glares at her.

"It's none of your business." Harley puts on a thinking face.

"True. But when it comes to you doing stuff, it usually means something stupid." Bella's glare intensifies. "So i'm gonna ask again. Watcha doin Bella?"

"I'm going hiking, are you happy now?" Bella asks mockingly. Harley scoffs at this.

"You hike?" Harley pauses for a second. "One, you are clumsy as shit, Two Dad said no hiking."

Bella folds her arms stubbornly. "I don't care, I'm going to hike whether dad likes it or not. I'm 18, an Adult not some kid he can boss around."

Harley let's out a sarcastic laugh at this. "Right, you an Adult. Don't make me laugh." She then smiles brightly at Bella. "Well, since you are an Adult as you say, you won't mind me tagging along."

"No way-" Harley cuts her off, her finger wiggling at her mockingly.

"What did you say?" Harley taps her finger against her chin before letting out an 'ahha' sound. "That you are an Adult and not some kid. Kids don't whine."

Bella let's out an angry huff. "Fine." She stomps away. "Bitch." She whispers under her breath.

Harley smiles, skipping out after Bella.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

The Woods/Meadow

Bella tries to navigate her way to the meadow. She refers to a map, a compass. Harley a few steps behind her.

"Are we there yet?" Bella glares back at her twin before continuing on, ignoring her. Harley laughs at this. "This is so much fun."

Finally, after many trail's, Bella sees a clearing ahead, hurries toward it. Harley goes to where Bella now stands and looks around at the dying Meadow. She frowns sadly at it before looking at Bella who looks to be shaking angrily at the sight.

Harley hears a rustling noise, she turns toward it, peers into the woods. Bella doesn't look away from the Meadow.

Another rustling noise comes from another part of the woods. This time, Bella also spins toward it, nothing. Then they both turn and jump when they find Laurent standing just ten yards away. Dreadlocks, chiseled face.

"Laurent?" Bella asks, hesitantly. Harley doesn't say anything, suspicion on her face.

"Bella. Harley"

"Laurent!" Bella states, happy that he's back, believing she now has a chance to turn into a vampire.

He starts to move slowly towards them, like a predator stalking their prey. "I must admit, I didn't expect to find you two here."

Harley crosses her arms. "We live here. Why aren't you in Alaska with Carlisle's friends? Thought ya were trying out the vegetarian diet?"

He looks at her, answering Harley's first question. "I was. It was kind of him to arrange, given my association with James and Victoria, 'The Enemy.'"

"Well, now that you're here. I want to-" Laurent cuts Bella off, begins to stroll in a slow arc around them, his eyes assessing.

"I went to visit the Cullens, but their house is empty. I'm surprised they left you two behind. Weren't you sort of a pet of theirs Bella?" He looks at Harley. "And weren't you the Mate to two of them?"

Bella's smile falters, starts to realise the danger they are in, more specifically her. "Um... something like that."

Harley lets out a hum at his question. "Well, that's for me to know and for you to dot, dot, dot."

Laurent let's a small chuckle out. "Do the Cullens visit often?"

Bella nods, her eyes looking anywhere but him. "Absolutely. All the time. I'll tell them you stopped by." When she sees him not looking convinced, Bella tries to look relaxed. "Will they be able to reach you in Alaska?" Harley slightly winces at Bella's terrible lie.

"I don't think so. Tanya's 'vegetarian' family was pleasant enough. But the dietary restrictions were difficult, living on nothing but animals." Suddenly, he's standing inches from them. They now see his eyes. Dark blood-red. He looks at Bella. "Tell me Bella. Do you ever feel compelled to... cheat?"

Bella involuntarily takes a step away from him. Harley lets out a small growl. "But that's not why I left. I came back here as a favor to Victoria."

"You're still friends." Laurent shrugs at Bella's question.

"More or less. She asked me to get the lay of the land with the Cullens. Because, well... I'm afraid Victoria is quite put out with you."

Bella gulps, starting to move slowly behind Harley, who is staying focused on Laurent. "That's... too bad."

"Yes. She feels it's only fair to kill Edward's mate, given he killed hers. Eye for an eye, mate for a mate." And now Bella knows. Terror overwhelms her before she tries to make herself look like she wasn't scared.

"Edward will know who did it. He'll come after both of you." Laurent looks at her with amusement.

"I don't think he will. After all, how much could you mean to him if he left you here unprotected?" He pauses, thinking before adding. "Victoria sent me here for information. She won't be happy about my killing you." He starts moving closer to where Harley and Bella, who is now hiding behind her, stand.

"No, Laurent..." Laurent shushes her, Harley eyes him, the voices getting louder now that he is getting closer to her.

"No, no, no. Don't be upset. I'm doing you a kindness. Victoria plans on killing you slowly, painfully, whereas I'll make it very quick." He inhaled. "And you smell so... mouth watering."

He faces them. Bella's eyes dart around, suddenly Harley is pushed towards him as Bella is seen running away.

Harley lets out a small scream, the sudden action scaring her. Laurent let's out a dark laugh, he suddenly stands in front of Bella. Harley, who had fallen onto the dead grass, looks towards where they are both standing. Disbelief at her sisters action written on her face.

Laurent is milliseconds from biting, then abruptly, his expression changes. He sees something in the forest behind Bella and it terrifies him.

"I... don't believe it."

He steps back. Harley and Bella both confused at his words, they follow his eyes, slowly turning... to find behind Bella an enormous black wolf skulking out of the darkness of the woods. It stalks towards them, a low disturbing growl in its throat, sharp teeth gleaming.

Bella is trapped between the two killers. The wolf slinks closer to Bella, a mere twenty feet from where she stands, then four more wolves soundlessly emerge from the trees, flanking the black wolf. They're the size of small horses, all of different hues; dark silver, chocolate, ash and russet- brown. Their hackles are up, lips curling, bodies crouched, ready to spring.

Bella is frozen with fear as they come toward her, Harley watches in awe. The russet - brown wolf is the closest and looks directly at her angrily before looking at Harley in concern. Laurent continues to retreat, then suddenly, almost simultaneously Laurent bolts across the meadow. The wolves spring toward Bella and leap right over her in pursuit of Laurent.

Their thunderous snarls and snaps shake her as the pack sprint after the vampire, surrounding him before he reaches the treeline. Laurent swings at the dark silver wolf, smacking the wolf half-way across the meadow. Another wolf lunges at Laurent, he kicks it and it sails into a tree, splintering it.

The two wolves recover, one lurches back to the pack which closes in on Laurent. It's impossible to know who will prevail. Bella doesn't stay to find out, she races into the woods. Harley let's tears fall from her eyes, her sister actually tried to sacrifice her in an effort to escape. Her own sister.

Harley hears a whine behind her, turns to see a dark silver wolf now standing a few feet away from her. She let's out a small gasp and goes to move away but stops at his whining. She looks into his eyes, slowly she reaches her hand out, the Wolf looks at her before leaning into her hand.

She smiles, letting out a small laugh. "This is so awesome." The Wolf pulls back and looks at her. A howl in the distance is heard, the wolf's head turns in the howl's direction before looking back at Harley.

She smiles at the Wolf. "Don't worry handsome, I will be fine. Go join your pack." The Wolf looks at her before turning fully and running, disappearing into the woods. Harley watches him go before standing up and walking the way they came in.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Swan's House

Bella bursts in, out of breath. Charlie and Harry Clearwater are washing their fishing gear. Charlie spins.

"Bella? What's wrong?"

"They're not giant bears, I saw them. Up in a meadow-" Charlie cuts her off, angry at her for not listening to him.

"Damn it, I told you not to go into the woods! Now did Harley go with you Bella?" Bella goes to open her mouth but Harley voice answers.

"I did dad, I didn't want her to go on her own." Bella turns to see Harley behind her, her eyes widen, wondering how she made it back here so quickly. As Charlie is about to open his mouth, Harry steps forward calmly.

"What did you see, Bella? Harley?"

"Wolves. They're wolves, Dad." Harry sighs ever-so-slightly. "Five of them. The size of - of cars. I swear. They went after, something, and I ran."

Charlie grabs up the phone. As he dials, he speaks to Harry. "Harry, can you get some men from the rez?"

Harley starts shaking her head at Charlie. "Dad, it's okay, I don't think they are dangerous-"

"Harley!" Charlie looks at her sternly, disappointed she went against his word about no hiking. He turns back to Harry when Harley hangs her head.

"Harry?"

"Sure. Yeah. I'll just --" Harry seems more concerned as he slips out, not before patting Harley's shoulder in comfort. Charlie speaks into the phone. "Jerry? Put a hunting party together, tranq guns, large caliber shotguns, there's something dangerous out there."

Harley watches Charlie, concerned for the wolves that had done nothing but protect the sisters. As Charlie hangs up, he goes to his gun cabinet.

"I've gotta go to the station." Bella nods, her mind elsewhere.

"Good! That's good." Bella says, not really paying attention.

Charlie looks to them both, concerned. "Are you both okay here? You want to come with me?"

Bella shakes her head. "Actually, I need to see a friend." He looks to Harley who also shakes her head. He walks out of the house.

Harley turns to Bella, eyes glaring angrily at her. "I can't believe you actually used me as a distraction."

Bella scoffs, not seeing anything wrong with what she did. "So, it wasn't like he was going to kill you anyway."

Harley throws her hands up in disbelief. "This isn't about him wanting to just kill you and not me. It's about you using me as a distraction against something so dangerous."

Bella turns away, stomping towards the front door. "I don't have time for this." The front door slamming shut, Harley let's a tear fall out before walking towards her room, her door slamming shut when she reaches the room.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Hi guys! I hope you all have enjoyed this chapter. I will update another chapter next Tuesday!

Please leave a like and comment as your support helps me keep making stories like this one for you guys.

Disclaimer - I do not own Twilight or Harley Quinn, I do however own the story lines so please do not copy or steal. Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.8K 1.1K 23
Piper Swan is the older sister of Isabella Swan. Piper is quite outgoing and funny when she wants to be. She's overprotective of her little sister, e...
1.1M 23.4K 63
Lucy Swan is the younger twin sister of Isabella (Bella) Swan. Despite Bella hating her little sister for ridiculous reasons, Lucy doesn't allow it t...
125K 3.5K 58
Janetta Swan is Bella's older sister. She has lived in Forks all her life. Janetta has a secret: she is a supernatural being. She has been able to ge...
19.3K 1.1K 10
Ronnie is Rosalie's biological baby sister. She was turned by her sister to save her life. After a couple of months being in Forks, Ronnie unexpected...