A Chance At Redemption -- Var...

By Megan_Idek

Evil follows the group and will do anything to stop you from getting your destiny. Can you rise above everyth... More

Welcome back!
Chapter 1 - Beyond Corona walls
Chapter 2 - So we meet again...
Chapter 4 - a wedding to crash
Chapter 5 - the return of Quaid
Chapter 6 - what's up now?
Chapter 7 - She's a deputy you crook
Chapter 8 - A birthday boy's surprise
Any questions? (Not a chapter)
Chapter 9 - Bloopers (From book one)
Chapter 10 - The forest of no return
Chapter 11 - What did you just call me?
Chapter 12 - Mr Rider and Miss Striker to the rescue
Chapter 13 - Proud of your boy
Chapter 14 - My boyfriend's a bird-
Chapter 15 - Did Leo just...
Chapter 16 - Vigor the Visionary
Chapter 17 - you have got to be kidding me Eugene
some outfits!
Chapter 18 - sleepy Bean
Chapter 19 - when you see someone fall... pick them up
Chapter 20 - How Eugene met (__)
Chapter 21 - Keeper of the spire
Chapter 22 - I am not annoyed... I AM NOT ANNOYED
Chapter 23 - King Pascal
Chapter 24
Chaper 25 - Pascal and Leo to the rescue
chapter 26 - Happiness is?
Chapter 27 - Sadness is?
Chapter 28- A prank day gone wrong
Chapter 29 - Max, Eugene and (__) in Peril on the high seas
Chapter 30 - Remember that phase?
Chapter 31 - Independence or teamwork?
Chapter 32 - Curses!
Chapter 33 - A monkey curse?
Chapter 34 - When life gives you lemons, you give them horseshoes
new book!!
Chapter 35 - the swinging rocks... OF DOOM!
chapter 36 - The eye of Pincosta
Chapter 37 - If I had the only flask of water...
New-ish book :)
Chapter 38 - God damn it Rapunzel
Chapter 39 - The great tree...
Chapter 40 - the truth of the moonstone
Chapter 41 - A monster leashed within
Chapter 42 - The brothers Hook
Chapter 43 -Livin' the dream (as the favourite
what do you guys want?
Chapter 44- Rapunzel and Y/n: Day one
Chapter 45 -Starlight Stikes back
Chapter 46 - Varian's beginning
Chapter 47 - Mirror, Mirror!
chapter 48 - fake or real?
Varian: A Christmas Carol
Varian: A Christmas carol part two
chapter 49 :Your kidding me!
Chapter 50: Y/ntopia!

Chapter 3 - If i could take that moment back

1.1K 27 83
By Megan_Idek

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

If I could take that moment back...

SINGING AHEAD! (I kinda rewrote some of the rewrite- idk if that makes sense-)

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

You, Eugene Lance and some reason shorty are tied up and are made to sit.

"Its- its- its the-" Lance whimpers.

"Barron!" You shout out with a fake smile.

Eugene laughs awkwardly, "Heh, long time no see! I'm glad to see you've set shop up here in Vardaros now!"

"Yeah! In fact, we were just admiring what you've done with the place!" You laugh awkwardly then gulp.

The Barron sits down on the throne and glares at you three- oops and Shorty, four.

"If you two would like to keep your tongues." Weasel snarls, "I'd suggest you'd stop moving them now." He grabs Eugene by the collar and raises his fist.

"Anthony, enough!" The Barron calls.

The man let's go of Eugene and glares at you both.

"Quit playing games you two... And for you Rider, I've been waiting for this moment. It's time to make amends."

He clasps his hands together.

"For what you did to my Stalyan."

Eugene grimaces, "Oh, right! The Stalyan incident." He looks at you in a slight panic.

You decide to help him out, "You really should let the whole Stalyan thing go. I mean, it's ancient history! Let's just move on-"

"Let's not." A female voice growls.

You all turn around to see the slender brown-haired woman. She gives you all a sinister grin.

"Hello, Stalyan." Eugene whimpers.

Stalyan picks up a sack and struts forward.

"Hello, Rider." She slaps him across the head and gives him a disgusted look before going up to the Barron and kissing his cheek.

At that moment, Shorty decided to wake up. "I'm so confused." He grumbles.

You whisper, "That's Stalyan, the Barron's daughter." You clear your throat, "And Eugene's Ex..."

Shorty gasps, "I see!" He looks confused again, "And who's this Eugene guy?"

Eugene glares at Shorty.

"Hey, Stalyan! How are ya?" Eugene pauses, you could tell he was uncomfortable in this situation.

"Look, before you get too upset I'm sure Eugene can explain-."

She smiles, "Oh don't worry Starlight, I'm not upset with Rider, besides what's to explain. " her face turns to angry at Eugene, "You left me at the altar!"

"Did I?" Eugene says in fake confusion, "Did I... do that? Is that how that went down? Because that's not how I remember it. It was-"

You and Lance grimace.

"It was quite some time ago... who's to say who did what, that day? I mean-"

"Stop talking!" Stalyan interrupts and Eugene instantly shuts his mouth.

She walks up towards him, "After what you did. I swore that if I ever saw you again, I would break a lot of bones."

"Fair, fair..."

"Wait, wait, we're talking about his bones correct?" You smile sheepishly.

"But with time comes perspective." She continues, "We were meant for each other Flynn Rider. Partners in crime. Partners in life. We can't change what we are."

"Wait, what?" Eugene stutters, "What are you talking about?"

"I'm making a proposition for you, Rider." You all turn to face the Barron as he spoke. "Keep the good promise you made to my daughter and marry her."

Eugene sighs, "Waiting for the or..."

"Or you, Strongbow and your pet troll will perish."

"Painfully!" Weasel chuckled.

"Wait, hold up, what about me?" You ask.

"Ah, yes you..." Barron growls, "As I can recall a few years ago you ran off... with some of MY valuables."

Your eyes widen, "Did I do that? Me? Little miss innocent do that? PFFT! Heh, I can't remember! Anyway, the pasts in the past, Let it go!"

Barron bangs his fist against his throne. " I will not, it's time for you to repay me back or else..."

You laugh nervously, "Ah, well you see I don't have those jewels anymore... I kinda handed them into the royals."

The Barron growls slightly then continues to talk, "Well then, I'll make a proposition for you too... join our side...for good."

"Okay, now I'll wait for the or..."

"Or you will perish just like the others!"

Eugene finally comes to his senses, "Wait, you can't make (__) work for you or make me marry her, Barron!"

"Oh, I like to try." Barron opened a compartment in his ring and a small spider crawls out. It walks over the large man's hand.

Lance gasps, "Its a spider, Eugene!" He whimpers, "(__), Eugene, it's a spider you know how much I hate spiders!" He began breathing heavily.

"Not just any spider." Barron chuckled as the spider crawled over his hand. "Its a venomous Kia spider. Its bites cause fever and delirium. Only when there's swelling of the tongue and throat." He walks closer to you all. "Do you know the end Is near?"

You three try to wiggle away as the Barron brought the spider closer. The spider landed on Lance and it crawled down his shirt.

"Spider bite..." Lance whimpers in a panic. "He's on me! He's on me! He's walking! He's on my hand! He's- OW!" Lance yelled.

He whimpers before passing out.

"Is he dead?!" You and Eugene ask.

Barron rolls his eyes, "No! The half-wit passed out from fear."

Lance instantly wakes up with a smile, "He's right, that's exactly what happened."

"But he will be dead by nightfall." The Barron informed making you all gasp.

"Unless you have this of course." The Barron pulled a chain from his shirt. Attached is a small vial of amber coloured liquid. "The anti-venom. Marry Stalyan, this will be your gift."

Stalyan bends down to Eugene's ear, "Trust me Rider, it's meant to be." She walks over to her dad and puts an arm around him with a sly grin.

"Okay, well this is going perfect so far! Day one of being with the group again, And What's a better way to prove your not gonna betray your friends again by doing EXACTLY THAT?!" You whisper yell to Eugene.

Suddenly Shorty wakes up again, "Congratulations Mr Groom!"

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Meanwhile

"Someone has to know about what happened to Eugene and (__)!" Rapunzel says while walking past a pile of yours and Eugene's wanted posters. "We'll cover more ground if we split up."

They all split up into different directions.

Varian runs around asking everyone until he spots a wanted poster of you, Sophie and himself.

"Oh C'mon, seriously? I get why me, but Sophie and (__)?! They only followed along because of... me..." he shakes his head then continues searching.

"No one wants to talk!" Hook foot complains.

"Look, guys," Cass spoke softly to Varian and Rapunzel. "We've been searching for hours. Maybe we should go back to Corona and send in the Cavalry. If we leave now we can be back in-"

She looks at Rapunzel and Varian who are death glaring at Cass. "We- OH! you two are right! I'm so sorry! Please stop looking at me like that!" Cass puts her hands up in surrender.

"What's the matter, Princess." The girl from before teased. " looking for your boyfriend and sister?" She snickers.

"YOU!" Rapunzel yells and points at her. She swings to where the girl is and grabs her by the collar. "You know something! What do you know!? Tell me now or so help me!" Rapunzel growls

Varian crosses his arms, "I would get involved but I think Rapunzel is doing a pretty good job herself, which is a surprise-"

Cass slaps him across the head.

"OW! I was joking! Geez..." he rubs his head.

Sophie tries to contain a straight face but ends up snickering.

"I don't need to tell you anything!" The girl spat.

The sounds of trumpets echo in the distance, Rapunzel looks up and drops the girl. Varian and Sophie ran to follow the trumpets, the others followed along too.

"Alright! Shut your faces and listen up you scum." Weasel barked at the crowd.

"Hey, that's the guy who attacked us!" Hook foot gasps.

Varian's eyes narrow, he takes a step forward to be stopped by Cass. "Easy there tiger. Let's see what's going on."

"The Barron has something he would like to say." Weasel continues and gestures as the Barron walks on stage.

"The Barron, Barron?" Rapunzel asks. Cass shrugs, just as confused as Rapunzel.

Raps walks forward as the Barron begins to speak.

"People of Vardaros. I bring you cause for celebration. A glint of joy into your meaningless and pitiful lives."

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Meanwhile

The Barron continues as you and Eugene are stood backstage.

You walk over to Lance, shortly followed by Eugene.

Lance looked deathly ill. His skin was turning a tinge of green with darker green spots, his eyes were bloodshot and he was breathing heavily.

"Hang in there buddy," Eugene whispers.

"Yeah, don't worry we'll get you outta this..." you assured making Eugene smile slightly.

"Wow! You should see the people out there!" Stalyan calls.

"Stalyan, C'mon! This is stupid!" Eugene begs.

"I know it is. I told my dad the spider wasn't necessary." She chuckles, "But you know bad guys. They have such a flair for drama."

"That's not what he meant." You say Glaring at her.

Stalyan scoffs, "I know what he meant."

Eugene turns to face her with anger burning in his eyes, "Stalyan! I can't do this! I'm in love with someone else!"

"Yeah, I know, we've all heard the story by now. How the daring ne'er-do-well theif and his wannabe princess companion saved the real lost princess from her tower."

"Oh, and let me tell you, word spread like wildfire when you, your unstable, Alchemist boyfriend and Sun Slayer became criminals."

"Well, how many people are heroes and villains in a lifetime?" You smirk.

Stalyan rolls her eyes and continues talking to Eugene, "Let me ask you. Do you really think it's fair to ask a girl who spent the first eighteen years of her life in prison, to give up her freedom for a lifetime relationship with someone like you?"

Eugene's face softens and soon turns to sadness, he didn't want to admit it but it was true. He sadly looks out through the curtains.

You glare at Stalyan while kneeling next to Lance keeping him company.

"I am pleased to announce," The Barron beckoned them on stage. "The re-engagement of my daughter, Stalyan."

Rapunzel shakes her head, "Wait, the Barron has a daughter?"

"Oh! What a daughter!" Hook foot says slightly flustered.

"And her fiance, Flynn Rider."

"Huh?" Rapunzel gasps.

Eugene slowly walks onto the stage.

"But this isn't the only news! Please welcome Starlight Striker as she returns to work for me." The Barron looks backstage for you to come out.

You look through the curtains when someone pushes you onto the stage.

Rapunzel looked heartbroken and even Cass looked upset as she watched Rapunzel make her way towards the stage.

That's when your eyes catch Varian standing there emotionless at you, just like back in Corona after that competition.

Varian and Rapunzel make their way through the crowds shouting your names.

You both glance down.

"Eugene! (__)! I don't understand what's going on?" Rapunzel cried.

Varian comes to the front of the crowds, "(__)? What are you doing?"

You glance down not wanting to look into his eyes.

"Varian I-"

"They're both with us now!" Stalyan butts in.

"Wait- N-no this is some sort of joke right?" Rapunzel stutters.

A guard whistle from backstage, drawing yours and Eugene's attention to Lance who was growing worse by the minute.

"I- I- I am so sorry Varian... But we've made our choice..." you stutter and walk backstage again leaving Varian alone and confused.

Sophie and the animals try to comfort Varian while Cass does the same for Rapunzel.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

You're in a cell on your own whilst the boys are in a cell together.

Though you can hear Lance talking randomly about strawberries, you couldn't see any of them since they were on the other side of the corridor.

Leo comes through the barred window looking angry at you.

"Hey, don't blame me! I'm doing this for Eugene and Lance...."

Stalyan taps on the cell bars, "It's the right thing you and Flynn are doing."

You stand up angrily, "Stalyan, you need to cut off the wedding and get the antidote for Lance!"

"You know what I was thinking about? Our trip to Pencosta. Remember? Flynn said stealing the-"

You interrupt her annoyed, "Yes I remember! It was the last job I ever did with you two."

She sighs, "I know what's best for him Striker, I always have. I know we belong together."

"And besides that, if you really loved that unstable Alchemist, you wouldn't keep so many secrets from him." Stalyan smirks.

"How do you-"

"I know a lot of stuff."

"I'll leave you alone to settle into your new home, make sure to be at the wedding Starlight." She throws some keys on the floor next to the cell.

"The name is (__)!" You shout then glance down.

You sigh, "She's right, Leo... I have kept alot of stuff from him..."

You pull out your journal to see a drawing of Varian.

"When I turned to walk away..." you hover your hand over the drawing of him when a tear falls down your face.

"What if I had stayed instead? Why did I keep on lying, about all the secrets I've had been hiding."

You stand up and look out of the barred window, "Now I'll never get to say... All of those things I should have said."

You turn around again to see the cell, "Nothing left to tell, an empty cell, of a life we could have led."

"If I could take that moment back, if I could've stopped that amber encasing... Maybe his dad would be here now... He'd stopped us... from breaking.

Meanwhile, Varian has sat on the cliffside again, looking at a picture you drew that he stole from your journal, a picture of You, him and Quirin.

"Everything is so messed up... why am I so afraid? Thought I was ready, but instead mistakes were all I made..."

You look at your locket, "if I could take that moment back."

Varian looks at his half of the locket too, "If I could turn back time I would!"

"If we could make a brand new start!"

You both sigh, "How I wish we could..."

"Wish I could take it back, but now it's gone... for good..."

Varian lays down on his back watching the stars. "Wish I had that moment back..."

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Varian stays looking up at the stars until Rapunzel walks up to him.

"Uh, Varian?" She calls gently.

"Ugh, what do YOU want?" He scoffs.

"I just wanted to see if you're okay." She sits down next to him.

"And why would you care?" Varian rolls his eyes.

Rapunzel keeps quiet for a moment.

"Look, I know we're not exactly on the best of terms right now, but I thought about what you said this morning."

Varian sits up intrigued on what Rapunzel has to say.

"Your right. (__) does keep the groups connected, no matter how reckless that girl is, we both love her right?"

Varian nods with tears in his eyes.

Rapunzel smiles lightly at the fact Varian actually responded to her, "Why don't we work together to get her back, because she loves you, Varian, we both know (__) would never do this to you... so what ya say? As Frenemies?" She puts her hand out.

Varian smiles determinedly and shakes her hand, "As frenemies."

Rapunzel hugs him tightly.

"Please... No. Get. Off. Me... I.. can't.. breathe!" He coughs.

"Oops! Sorry... frenemy." She grins.

Cass and Sophie walk over, "Sophie said she will help us too."

"Of course I am! Why would I miss all of the action?" She smirks.

"We have a wedding to crash!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208 11 4
She never wanted to hurt anyone. She just didn't know how to control it. She was like the moon - lonely and untouchable with shadows to guide her pa...
327 2 22
A year after the demon Zhan Tiri is defeated and Cassandra is banished for her crimes, Eugene must return to his homeland, the magical Dark Kingdom...
170K 4.9K 111
We all know what happened to Varian in the first season of "Tangled: The Series." He became the villain, was defeated by Rapunzel, and thrown into pr...
545 0 45
(UNDER REVISION) Dear Journal, Flower gleam and glow, End this destiny, When I started this journey Shine into the dark, And let the darkness grow, I...