Not Again! | Lee Do-hwa

By IAmJustTooDamnWeird

In which Yeo Jooda's previous roles in the comic books before 'Secret' were so vastly different that when she... More

0
Discord server

Chapter 1

73 3 1
By IAmJustTooDamnWeird

The fated 'love at first sight'

-in which Yeo Jooda likes making puns, Baek Kyung falls on his ass and Oh Nam-joo almost dies.

Yeo Juda could feel it.

She could feel it deep in her bones. Today was the day.

What did she mean by 'it', you ask? Well, today was the starting of the circus that was her life.

When she was young she had regained what she likes to call her 'consciousness'. It had been a very ordinary day for her except for the fact that the clumsy her had tripped and fallen and received a hard hit on her head by a rock.

She hadn't been fatally injured and hadn't gained any internal wounds.

All she had gained were memories. Of two lifetimes. Except most of it were incomplete. She had tragically died in one where she was a supporting character and on another she had discovered that she was a comic book character.

Tragic, she knows.

But turns out she was a crowd favourite or something because the almighty author sama had decided to write her again. But this time it seemed that the author's pity and favoritism towards her had given her a super powered version of a character cheat.

Aside from that she was still a main character! And when she comprehended that she understood why she wasn't heavily injured right when she had regained her consciousness and hit her head. Because she had what few were blessed with. A weapon so great that thousands trembled just at the thought of it. That weapon was called-

Are you ready to hear it?

Sure?

Okay, here we go-

Plot armour!

Most people wouldn't understand why plot armour was so important for her. It was because she was street smart. That being said, it also meant she was dumb as hell academically.

But have no fear, for plot armour is here!

Everytime she was sure she would fail a test, she ended up ace'ing it! Every test results and her family's mounting poverty were enough to make her understand that she was the classic female lead.

Smart, beautiful as hell and poor as fuck? Not to mention that mixture has a dash of kindness mixed to it as well! That was the standard recipe for a school protagonist. And she was confident that she was right.

That being said, some things were naturally ingrained in her behavior. Clumsiness was one of those.

She knew that clumsiness would be her fall since the start. Ha, get it? Although, she wasn't smart, she could make puns! That was all one needed to be a crowd favourite and appear multiple times as comic relief!

But no matter how much she wished comedy couldn't break the feeling she got today because of her clumsiness. Pfft, get it?

But in all seriousness though (she totally wasn't tripping with everyone now) the feeling she got today was directly related to her clumsiness.

Because today was the first day of the elite school that she had gotten a scholarship to. And some students had handed her a box of painting supplies so she could 'help' them carry it to their classroom. She was tempted to put her foot in her mouth and curse them out because of the glint in their eyes.

The way they snickered because they accomplished their feat of making her do their chore was proof enough that the bullying was starting.

That was alright with her, although it was a little weird. She had never gotten bullied before but it seemed that bullying was in the character settings of the cannon fodders.

But the thing that made her worried was - he box of painting supplies were heavy. Too heavy. A simple box didn't have business being this heavy! She was used to doing chores in the house and thus she had gained monstrous arm strength. So, she knew that something was fishy with this whole situation.

As she was trying to walk, keyword: trying, because apparently clumsiness was the only character flaw that a female lead could have, she saw something that made her cry without tears.

The male lead was here.

__________

It was starting, she thought.

She could see the male lead, the second male lead, the second female lead and oh, is that the male lead's freaking gardener?

Everyone who was anyone was there. Some of the girls were fangirling and cheering for the male lead and his friends so loud that if anyone told her now that they were the only remaining survivors of the male species, she would not even question the information.

And not even one of the supporting characters forgot to elbow her accidentally when she was trying to walk past them. It was almost as if this was staged.

Oh, wait, it was.

She could feel her legs stagger as she approached closer and closer to the male lead and his crew. A divine light seemingly shined behind them.

This was what the legendary first meeting of the two main leads. If she squinted she was sure that she could almost see flowers blooming in the background.

She was coming closer and closer to the scene of the fated 'love at first sight'.

Three things happened then. The paint supplies on her hand wobbled unstably as she tripped on thin air. She grabbed the person nearest to her who seemed to be screaming bloody murder and cheering the male lead and their crew at the same time. And she shoved that person with all her might towards the male lead.

The superpowered version of the character cheat she was talking about was exactly this. All the favoritism and pity of the author had for her had  miraculously condensed into a cheat for her.

In simpler terms, she could change her fate as long as she worked for it.

A few feet away from her Lee Doh-wa's breath caught in her throat as he was an almost ethereal smile on Yeo Jooda's face.

Contrary to her pure smile she was maliciously thinking in her head, Authoe, you lose!

_____

The first time she had discovered this cheat was really embarrasing.

It was the first time she had failed to submit a work. It should've been virtually impossible for her to do. But lo and behold, it actually happened! The procrastinating and lazy Yeo Jooda hadn't done an assignment and she had actually thought that she didn't want to do her assignment at all.

Her wish to be lazy was so strong that even though her character design was diligent and hard-working, it still couldn't force her to do he designated work.

Truly, laziness could cross all barriers!

Both Yeo Jooda and her teacher were stunned when they realized that she hadn't done her assigned work. Her teacher more so than her. But thankfully, she got out of it by lying her ass off. It was thanks to her ability of thinking on her feet. Ha! Another one!

Ever since then she had realized that she could change something if she used a lot of willpower to do so.

Although, hard to do and tedious, having power over her fate was exhilarating!

As she watched  the girl who she had offhandedly pulled and simultaneously shoved on top of the male lead, she felt a sense of satisfaction so deep she wanted to cackle like an evil villain.

The girl was Shin Sae-mi whom Yeo Jooda had met briefly at the start of the school day. She fell on top of the male lead as the male lead almost hit his head on the ground and struggled wildly for purchase. It seemed to have offsetted a chain reaction because his best friends staggered behind him and one of them fell on his butt and scowled at her furiously.

Yeo Jooda also ricocheted backwards because of the shove she gave to Shin Sae-mi. She landed softly on the fragrant body of a girl behind her. Her head was cushioned by something soft and in the sudden panic induced situation the girl hadn't shoved her off.

The girl, Eun Dan-oh, unconsciously steadied Yeo Jooda and gave her a small smile before she panicked and realized that Yeo Jooda had hit her head on her chest. She almost shoved Yeo Jooda away from her but then stopped her impulse while calming her racing heart and thinking about how this was just an accident.

Yeo Jooda turned away from the the soft smile that she was given and felt her cheeks warm. Her eyes met the wide eyed Lee Do-hwa who was staring at her with a stunned look and she felt her blush brighten.

In the background of the three way blushing contest that Eun Dan-oh, Lee Do-hwa and Yeo Jooda were having, Oh Namjoo was making pained whimpering noises because he could've almost died by hitting his head.

Yeo Jooda hyperfixated on her shoes as she avoided all the eyes on her. Because-

What was the only downside of being in a comic book, you ask?

All the people were really fucking hot.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello, and welcome to the first official chapter!

I have only one thing to say.

I forgot that this fic existed and only after seeing bubbllepopelectric 's comment did I remember this. So, I went into my notes and had to piece together all my scattered ideas and then write it from scratch. So, I hope it's coherent enough to understand!

I used up all the brain power that my two brain cells could muster to write this at 3 pm so I hope you guys like it.

Thoughts? Like it? Hate it? Haven't formed an opinion yet? Let me know!

Before I forget-

Vote

Comment and

Follow!

[Unedited]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

571K 8.7K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
69.9K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
214K 7.5K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
121K 5.1K 52
β₯β₯β₯ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ, π•Žπ• π•Ÿ'π•₯ π•žπ•–π•’π•Ÿ π•’π•Ÿπ•ͺπ•₯π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ...