She {H.S.}

By _HStoyles43_

"She was different. Not the kind of different they always talk about in books and movies, no. She was the kin... More

Background
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 13

12 0 0
By _HStoyles43_

Stockholm Syndrome ~ 1D
(*)

Y'all see the new cover? I like it better than the dollar tree quality of the first one. :)

—————

"Are you sure he's ok to perform tonight?" I ask Mel. I'm still a little concerned about Liam. It's been a month since he got to leave the hospital. The doctor said he's alright to perform, and of course he's going to, but he also said he's still in a little pain.

"Yes, he's fine. He told me this morning the only pain he feels is in his ribs. It's nothing major, and he won't be frolicking all over stage like usual. He promised me."

Despite anything she says, I can still tell she's worried about him. They've seem to have gotten so much closer since the accident. I don't even know how it's possible. They barely leave each other's sides, except for right now. I'm back helping Melanie and the stage crew set up for another show. This one is right outside of LA though.

The boys are getting ready in their dressing rooms after just finishing up with soundcheck. Liam sounded perfectly normal in my opinion, I just pray he doesn't overdo himself and get hurt any more. It was obvious how the other boys were keeping their eyes on Liam like a hawk throughout soundcheck too. And they already said they won't let him hurt himself in any way.

This is only my second time helping the crew out, so I still get a little confused at times, but I'm not completely clueless like the first time. I'm actually proud of myself for placing equipment in the right spots without being told.

By the time we're done setting things up, there's an hour and a half until showtime. It's weird how even though I've been to a show now, and literally met the whole band and became best friends with them, and have been..... hanging out with Harry a little, yet I'm still so excited and nervous to be here just like the first time. I bet the feeling won't ever change, but it's not gonna matter later.

I still can't believe they're splitting up.

After Liam was released from the hospital, they immediately started continuing their work on the final album. He didn't do much since they haven't recorded anything new yet, but he helped write more lyrics and stuff.

They let Melanie and I tag along to the studio occasionally, and afterwards we'd literally hold each other and cry about the split. We didn't care if we were being over dramatic either.

"There were shirts made for the crew. It's got a picture of the boys on it, they thought it would be hilarious if we all wore one. Here." She chuckles and tosses me a shirt.

It was a regular white tee, but with a picture of the boys standing with their arms around each other performing at LA the first time I saw them. One Direction was printed in bold black and red letters at the top. I smiled at the fact that we're all gonna wear this. I'll definitely be keeping it forever afterwards too.

Mel and I throw the shirts on, and then finish getting ready. I'm running a flat iron through my hair when we hear a knock at the door. "I got it," Mel jumps down from her chair at her vanity.

The door is right behind my mirror, so I can see that when she opens it, Harry and Liam are standing on the other side.

Liam and Mel hug while Harry makes his way towards me with that dimpled grin on his face. "What's with that smile?" I ask him cheekily.

He doesn't answer, just walks over and wraps his arms around my shoulders and plants a swift kiss to my jawline. I blush, like I always do around him.

"Nice shirt. Who's that incredibly sexy guy on the far left there?" He points at himself on the picture on my shirt.

I roll my eyes. "Pretty sure his name is Louis." I joke.

He scoffs and puts his hand against his chest. "I'm officially offended beyond all measures. Ms. Beck, you always disrespect me, and this is the last straw."

My eyes widen when he turns my chair around to face him. "What do you me-," I'm cut off when he leans down and picks me up from my chair and throws my over his shoulder.

"Harry! What are you doing? Put me down you idiot!" I try to sound serious but I can't stop laughing.

He walks over to the couch on the far wall and throws me on it. He doesn't hesitate to crawl over the top of me and prop himself up with both arms straightened on each side of my head. I feel my cheeks heat and look over to where Mel and Liam were standing before.

"Don't worry darling, I wouldn't be on top of you in this fairly familiar position if they were still standing there." He winks at me, and my stomach clenches at the memory of the first time we were in this position.

Why does it feel like so long ago?

"I know, it's been too long since I've been able to really feel your body like I did that first time. I've missed it." He voices the thoughts in my head while running a hand down my side and to my hip, giving it a light squeeze.

"I k-know. I've missed it too." I manage to choke out through my sudden arousal.

He smirks at me and leans down to my ear. "I may not be able to do anything now, but later I'll have you dripping down my fingers again. Just wait." He bites down on my earlobe, and I can't control the whimper that's leaves my lips.

"Har-Harry. The door is open, someone could walk in." My voice doesn't sound convincing or worried at all. And my body language isn't helping either. I thread my fingers through his soft curls that now reach down to his shoulder blades.

"Mmmm," he hums against my neck. He trails kisses from my ear, to my jawline, down the side of my neck, and then stops on the dip of my collarbone. He sucks the sensitive skin there slightly, causing another whimper to erupt from my lips.

When he lifts his head up, I think he's finished, but then he pushes a strand of hair behind my ear and leans down to kiss me. My lips always crave for the feeling of his soft ones against them. Every time they come in contact my heart explodes and it feels like I'm tasting the stars.

His tongue swipes along my bottom lip and he tugs on it. I grip his hair tighter at the roots, earning a groan that sounds like it came from somewhere deep inside of him. After that he doesn't even try to battle for dominance, he just pushes his tongue past my lips and attacks my own. I swear every time we kiss like this it's like I'm seeing color for the first time, or feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin after being inside for too long.

He's the feeling of warmth in human form. He's like my own personal sun.

Our moment is interrupted by the sound of approaching footsteps down the hallway. Before they make it to the door, I lightly push Harry off of me and stand up so quickly my vision blacks for a second and I feel like I just traveled through another dimension.

I hate when that happens. Like let me stand up however fast I want without making me feel like I just came down from an acid trip or something. Not that I'd know what that's like..

Alec pokes his head through the doorway, giving us a quick strange look. "Showtime in twenty. Harry they need you backstage. Sadie I need you and Melanie with me. Let's move move move." He snaps his fingers consecutively, ushering Harry and I out the door.

I walk out the door with Harry following suit.
When he passes me in the hallway to head backstage he leans down to my ear. "We'll definitely be continuing that later. Don't go anywhere after the show darling." He sends me his signature wink before taking off towards the backstage area.

Well dang.

—————

Instead of standing off to the side like last time, Mel and I got to stand in the very front of the stage. It's a fenced off area for photographers, security guards, and staff members.

The boys have performed about half their songs, and the crowd is as wild as ever. That includes me and Mel. We've been jumping up and down and screaming, and have earned several dirty looks from fans behind us.

Haha they can be jealous. I literally just had Harry's tongue down my throat an hour ago, so chew on that.

What really has me all witty and excited is the fact that Harry keeps making eye contact with me while singing certain lyrics. It makes me blush fervently, but I shake my head and smile at him none the less. He seems to enjoy making me squirm, and he's quite good at it.

I almost melt into the ground when my all time favorite song comes on. Harry knows it's my favorite too, because I always sing it around him. Also because I've told him a million times it's my favorite.

He looks right at me and grins before starting his verse of the song.

(*)

"Who's that shadow holding me hostage? I've been here for days..."

Even though the beginning of Stockholm Syndrome is slow, I'm still screaming the lyrics.

Liam starts Zayns old verse, and just like with the songs before, he's been doing great up there.

"But I fear I'm getting used to.....,"

"Being held by you! Ohh! Baby look what you've done to me. Ohh! Baby look what you've done nowww! Ohh!"  They all sound so good together, it's like heaven on earth hearing them perform.

The first part of the chorus is done and I'm already about to pass out. 'Oh my god. I freaking love this freaking song. I want to literally die.' Are the thoughts running through my head right now.

"Melanie I'm going to cry!" I grab her arm and scream at her.

"Bitch me too! I'm not going to survive this shit!" Her eyes look like they actually have tears in them and I throw my head back, laughing hysterically. We're something else.

The boys start their usual water fights in the middle of the song. The crowd goes nuts when they start pouring the water on them too. But nothing ever gets the crowd going more than what Harry is getting ready to do.

And man does it ever turn me on.

Harry grabs a water bottle, water-falling some into his mouth. He walks over and stands right in front of where Mel and I are standing. He puts both hands up, signaling what he's about to do. Right as the beat kicks back in, he stretches both arms straight up, and abruptly pulls them straight back down at the same time that he spits the water straight into the air.

The freaking whale. I can't even. I just died. I know it.

He throws me a wink and I blow him a kiss, grinning from ear to ear and still yelling so loud I swear my vocal cords are being ripped out of my throat.

An hour later and they're closing up with What Makes You Beautiful. The whole crowd yells the very last "That's what makes you beautiful!"  part and then the boys do their final goodbye rituals. Louis and Liam jog offstage while Niall and Harry do the cha cha and follow behind them.

We're escorted to the back by one of the guards, and when I see Harry I run to him before he notices me and jump on his back.

"You did so good! That was so much fun." I kiss his sweaty cheek and then hop down off his back before drawing too much attention to us.

"Thanks darling. Did you see how I did the whale during your favorite song?" He had the cheekiest look on his face while asking me. "I did it on purpose just for you."

"Hmmm," I put my fingers under my chin like I'm trying to think. "I don't think I saw it, no."

He rolls his eyes and then leans down, pecking my lips quickly. I widen my eyes at the gesture.

He's never kissed me in public before.

I can tell he did it on purpose because he's wearing his mischievous smirk instead of his typical one.

When I see the rest of the boys I pull them into a quick group hug. "Y'all did amazing. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks Saddle," Niall gives me a big bear hug after calling me by the nickname he's just recently given me. It's dumb, but he won't stop calling me it now. He says it's because I'm from Oklahoma and I'm a country girl, and country girls ride horses with a saddle and stuff.

I hug Louis individually next. I would give Liam a hug and tell him how well he did despite the pain he was fighting through , but him and Melanie already have their tongues down each other's throats.

When they pull apart and realize we're all staring, Melanie flips us off. We all laugh but look still away.

Niall and Louis walk away and start talking to other crew members, and I walk over to Harry again. He pulls me in for a hug, and for some reason it gives me loads of butterflies even though it's a simple gesture.

"The guys want to eat at our spot again, told me to make sure it's alright with you and Melanie." He says with his chin rested on top of my head.

"Sounds good to me. I would like to see Linda again, and the food is bomb."

"Agreed." He pulls away but keeps his forearms rested across my shoulders. I wrap my hands around his biceps, and trace my right hand across his tattoos on his left arm.

He seems so much taller when we're standing close like this. Call me a weirdo, but our height difference is such a turn on for me.

"After we eat I'm taking you to my hotel room. Melanie said she didn't even get you two a room because she knew she'd be rooming with Liam and you'd be with me." He smiles at me, and my stomach churns at the thought of us being alone again.

"Sounds like a plan." I bite my lip at him and he lowers his eyebrows, his pupils dilating and eyes darkening. I know he gets all riled up when I do that, and that's why I always do it in front of him. It's what he gets for always winding me up in public.

"You kill me when you do that. Makes me want to take you right here in front of everyone." He grabs my face in both hands.

I still can't believe he's being so touchy in front of everybody. I'm not complaining, but I do wonder why he's doing it all of a sudden.

"There will be no 'taking me' anywhere." I put up air quotes.

He clenches his jaw but doesn't argue.

I stand on my tiptoes so I can reach my lips up to his ear. "Not yet anyway." I leave a kiss to the skin below his ear before pulling away.

If he's getting all touchy feely all of a sudden, then so am I.

He's hard staring me when I look back into his emeralds. "Sadie....don't say shit like that to me. You know I won't be able to keep holding out." He raises an eyebrow at me, and I realize that I'm being unfair by teasing him that way.

"Sorry sorry. I'll stop. Let's go eat though, I'm hungry."

"Me too." He reaches down and gives my bottom a nonchalant squeeze. I jump and swat his hand away, earning a chuckle from him.

"Niall, Lou, we're going to head to the restaurant. Let's go." Harry shouts to the two.

We find Mel and Liam in the hallway still making out. "Alright you two," Louis walks up to them and slightly pushes their shoulders apart, "time to go eat. We're all starving here."

Melanie rolls her eyes but still giggles at Liam and follows suit anyway.

—————

When we pull up to the restaurant in the limo, we all pile out. It always feels like we're stepping out of a clown car when we're all piled in together like this.

"I'll never get tired of eating here, it's so damn good." Melanie closes her eyes and breathes in the smell. Wrapping her arm around Liams waist, they walk in with the rest of us behind them.

I stop walking next to Harry when I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket. Well Heard Offices. It says they're calling from Oklahoma.

Harry stops and looks down at my hands holding my phone and then up to my confused face. "Something wrong?"

I shake my head. "Nope, go ahead and go inside. I'll meet you in there, I gotta take this."

He nods and continues his walk to the door.

I know this is a therapy office, but I never contacted any from Oklahoma.

I swipe my thumb across the screen to answer and press it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hello, this is Well Heard calling from our office in Oklahoma. This is Sadie Beck, correct?" A woman's voice speaks through the phone.

"Um, yes. This is she."

"Hi, my name is Delaney Myers. I'm an associate of Well Heard's owner, Andrew Carnal. I'm calling to let you know that we've received your transcript, resume, and taken a look at all of your accomplishments from your college in Las Angeles. We're very impressed to say the least. Mr. Carnal instructed that you head down for an interview to be our new intern. It's a paying internship, where you will learn everything you need to know about further becoming a family therapist here at Well Heard. Mr. Carnal only offers this opportunity to people he feels go the extra mile. Based on your resume and transcript, we can see that you do. If you agree, I will further the rest of the details you will need after this call. What do think Ms. Beck?"

I'm frozen. Completely frozen. I don't know what to think about this. A paying internship? In Oklahoma? Back home?

"Ms. Beck? Are you still there?" Delaney asks.

"Oh my god. Yes, I'm so sorry. I'm just a little shocked. I had no idea my information made it to Oklahoma."

"I understand. I checked earlier, and the person who sent in your information went by the name John Beck."

My father.

"But we saw that you were from Oklahoma and figured we would suit your lifestyle quite well. We figured you would be comfortable working here now, and in the future. The internship lasts 2 and a half months starting at the beginning of November. Mr. Carnal would like you down here before Halloween if you agree though."

Going back home for almost three months. Leaving Melanie and the boys here in LA. Leaving the cafe. Harry.

"Am I allowed to think about it?" I ask in hopes I won't have to make a decision right now.

"Well, Mr Carnal already is pulling some major strings trying to get you to come in so last minute. He really wants you here Ms. Beck. This is a huge opportunity for you and your future."

But I'll be leaving so much behind. My mind keeps going straight to Harry, even though I know I'll miss Melanie and the boys so much too. I glance through the window of the restaurant, and I can just make out the side of Harry's face from our booth in the back. How could I leave him when we are just getting closer in our relationship. I've never felt this way about someone before, I don't know if I'm ready to let him go yet.

"Ms. Beck, I understand you'll be leaving a whole new life behind in LA. But Oklahoma was your home once before. I'm sure you miss it. I just ask that you make your decision based on your future."

I can always come back and visit. And if it doesn't work out, I'll move back.

"Well Ms. Beck?"

I take a deep breath. Still getting an uneasy feeling about all of this. "Yes, I'll do it. Thank you so much for this opportunity." I smile despite the sick feeling in my stomach. This is huge Sadie, this is your future.

"Wonderful! I'm so glad you agreed. I'll forward the details to you immediately. Thank you for choosing Well Heard Offices! Goodbye Ms. Beck."

The sound of the call cutting out is the last thing I remember hearing before I go back to being frozen.

I look back into the restaurant through the window, watching Harry as he throws his head back in laughter. My eyes well up at how carefree and happy he looks.

How do I tell the guy I've just started falling for that I'm leaving?

—————

Ohhhh shooooooot. Finally, the part where Sadie agrees to the internship that will possibly tear her and Harry apart. Or will it....?

Thanks for reading! Vote if it wasn't trash;))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 284 54
I'm Willow Anne McQueen....age 20 and a fashion designer......my life was perfect when it came to luxuries and a happy family......but I had a little...
145K 4.6K 88
Nola, and her three beautiful girls, are looking for a fresh start. When they take up temporary residence in her grandparents home in London, she is...
451K 8.5K 52
Reina Higgins spent most of her life under the watchful eye of her father, being trained who to love and who to stay away from. When she turned twent...
16.3K 483 49
(BOOK ONE) (Complete but Editing) A chance meeting between southern beauty Maddie Grey and the famous four boys of One Direction. Maddie and Harry be...