Manhwa Recommendation

By pomironn

Compilation of amazing manhwas. Mostly Yaoi/Shounen Ais More

Note
Where I read
Lady to Queen
The Lady with a Mask
The Girl and the Geek
Mystical
Criminal Interview
Dial Again
Your Smile Is A Trap
The Sweetest Man
Path To You
The Lady and the Beast
Incidentally Living Together
Angel Buddy
The Vampire Who Swallowed the Moon
Dream Away
Till our Lip Touch
Sign
Paid
At the End of the Road
Too Close
The Keystone Romantic Combination
Silent Color
Nanohana Boys
Meeting Him
Wish Me Love
Fate Makes No Mistakes
Started With A Lie
K's Secret
Someone Else's BL Manhwa
Red-Haired James
Biting the Tiger
The Best Smell
No Way, Vampires Don't Exist
The Tale of the Yellow Dragon
My Darling Signed In
Heesu in Class 2
Peach Love
In My Closet
Penthouse XXX
Love Tractor
Trap City
Blunder Turned Wonder
False Memories
How To Chase An Alpha
My Purrfect Boss!
The Story About You x Me
Raising A Bat
A Guy Like You
Jazz For Two
Siren's Song
Whose Baby Is It?
Hide and Seek
Starts from the Baby
Do I smell?
Straight Or Not
Out Of Control
Salad Days
Base To Base
Three Months To Live
The Greatest Villain
Body Electric
A Lucky Coin
My Four Masters
Red Candy
Hold Me Tight
Hyung, You're My Idol!
Snail Pond Robber
Dear Benjamin
When The Yakuza Falls In Love
Deliverance of the Counterattack
The God of Pain's Groom
Cocoon of the Heart
The Priest's Chart
King's Maker
The President Who Always Treat Me Meals
Blood Bank
I Like You
Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint
Solo Leveling
Hyacinth
My Husband Hides His Beauty
Hell & High Water
Eleceed
Lookism
Semantic Error
For Your Love
Love On My Terms
Shen Sheng
Indulged In Your Light
A Cat's World
Caught In The Act
Poyun: Breaking Through the Clouds
Poyun 2: Breaking Through the Clouds 2
Social Temperature
Body of Crime
A Strange Joke
Wind Blowing Tonight
Mermaid's Egg
Our Companionship
Mr. 100% Perfect
The Magic Soup
Dangerous Convenience Store
Stanning 101
Equipoise
Falling to Where I Belong
Smurf's World
Star X Fanboy
Assorted Wilderness
The Beast Must Die
Prince Bari
Kisses x Kiss x Kisses
You're The Apple of my Eye
Affectionately
I Have A Boyfriend
Unintentional Love Story
My Boss Keeps Trying to Eat Me!
Green Apple Paradise

My Starry Sky

42 1 2
By pomironn

Alternative title: Cosmic Boy
Author/creator: Star Candy Planet
Genre: Shounen Ai, Drama, Slice of Life

Summary:

Just when Yeonduk thought he was finally going to be free of his tormentor (and family friend and crush, might we add), Seo Skyler – coolest kid in school – saunters his way into the same classroom. Skyler might look blessed (his sister’s even in a girl group), but he’s got some family issues that only Yeonduk can understand. Yeonduk is more than just star-struck, though, and when Skyler starts acting nice and walking to school with him, he can’t help but hope there might finally be more between them...Has Skyler had a change in heart ...? will they able to go back how they were when they were kids.....? Or it's the premonition before the STORM ...???

Read:
Mangago (Completed)

***

This is bad for the heart, but not because it's a sad ending. The story is really lovely. My heart breaks for them and I like that the author made it clear to us readers to connect with the characters.

The first part (Season 1) is Yeonduk's POV. His determination and support is overflowing that even though he's hurt, he still stick to him because he genuinely care for Skyler.

Season 2 is even more heartbreaking. At first I was really hating Skyler for his actions but on the middle of Season 1 I kind of understand why he's like that. Given the situation he's in, it's not shocking. Good thing he has Yeonduk on his side. But will it be the same in Season 2?

Find out and join me in crying. This is really beautiful. As beautiful as Skyler's hair 😂

Btw, I like the sky too. So this is really a plus point when I started reading this. Let's appreciate Skyler's hair. I love it so much! (Nvm Yeonduk's hair color lol)

Also, this tackles about family too. From here we'll see another family issue (you know I'm weak with this topic). For me, I don't find the topic exhausting because I can somehow understand and evaluate different kinds of issue that everyone might face. We can also see different reactions, outcomes and choices. We get to view both sides and it's up to us whether to accept it or not.

I like connecting myself with the characters because that's when I can finally understand them. Isn't it amazing how authors make a certain character so fascinatingly good. They share both flaws and amazing traits, and in the end we can't help but personally love them.

Now for spoilers-

.
.
.

I don't know if I'm just emotional that time but when I reached Season 2, I kind of like to cry every chapter lol.

I'm liking the Season 2 because we got to see Skyler's point of view. We got to see his character development and his concerns. One thing he feels when he finally snapped?

Guilt.

All along he's been ignoring Yeonduk. He's mean and indifferent. Now that he finally see the light, the guilt is eating him up. Even though Yeonduk's perfectly fine with it and still treat him as friend, Skyler feels so mad to himself for not being a good friend to him.

All just because of misunderstanding.

I get that his mom is paying Yeonduk to look after him (I think she also help with Yeonduk's sister) so this alone made Skyler misunderstood Yeonduk's intention. And his mother kind of set Yeonduk's action in a way Skyler would misunderstood, since she really hate him. This alone is maddening because she even involve a kid who didn't do anything on their issue. He's innocent and she made use of her authority so that Yeonduk and his family can't refuse to her.

Now let's go deeper with the big issue: Skyler's family.

I remember when my brother and I attended recognition. We both had a medal and my mother's the only one who went. When we are about to march, I was left alone since my brother's in much higher year. I matched alone and the feeling is really heavy. Although I know my mom and brother's there, I still feel anxious because I'm alone walking while my classmate had their parents on their side. It's just a brief experience but it did left an impression to me.

Imagine how Skyler is every time he graduates. No one ever attended with him. It's really a blessing to have a friend like Yeonduk because that's when he can only feel that there's still a family who adores him. But still, he longed for the love. So the scene above is really sad.

His father had an affair when he was born, and since then his mother blamed him for that. I know it's a petty reasoning to blame someone innocent, saying that his father left because Skyler's a sick child. But remember when you are scared to face the truth, you tend to believe that will cover the whole truth. His mother is really broken, she's been hurting her son for fabricating the idea that it's Skyler's fault. She wants to blame someone, since she can't blame his father and pester him. She's trying to put everything to Skyler. Her grief, anger and sadness. She's pouring it to Skyler.

The impact alone to the child is really big, plus all the people around him blames him so what can he do? Whatever he do, his mom wouldn't appreciate him. There came to the point that she uses force and hurt him, trying to murder him. His mother is sick, obviously. Mentally sick. I don't think the family is trying to fix it, I didn't see that she went to visit a shrink but maybe I just forgot.

But then, the point is Skyler's mother has done something bad to him. He even had a trauma and he feels left out on his own house. No one's there for him. Leo is too young to understand and all his auntie did is to add flame to the wound, aggreeing to his mother and throwing hurtful words like she knows a lot.

I wanna ask... What is better, having to keep the family intact despite the indifference or getting a divorce?

This is only for a personally curiousity because if I were to choose, I would choose the latter. Why do we need to suffer and try to endure each other's existence if you can just let go? You are worried about the impact to your children? If you can't fix it then why suffer? Do you think it's fine if you'll let your children hear all your bickerings and fight? Do you think it's healthy for them to see your growing resentment each day?

Why hold on if you can't even take to lower your own pride to fix the issue?

What's maddening is that you, of all people, has the audacity to blame someone, worst you blame your own child, for the things they are not aware of. Innocent people! You are giving them emotional trauma. As they grow old, they would carry that burden. You failed to raise them well, so stop giving them emotional pain. Why are you all so selfish? For once, be a human and let go of each pride and consider your children's welfare.

It's much more painful for them. They never wish for it so why are you hurting them?

It's just feel so unfair because in the end Skyler is left alone, without properly wrapping up their issue. In the end, he's still suffering. More like, he has no choice but to feel okay since he can't stop them from leaving. He'll just embrace it and be thankful that he still have Yeonduk. His mother will always leave him behind like he's not her son. It's just unfair.

The same goes to Leo. He's being chained with his mother. I know it's hard to cope up with someone like her, but I hope someone will guide them because if it's only his mother to take care of him, there's a chance that she'll twist his mind and hate his brother in the end. I hope not 😕

Let's talk about their relationship. This sure hurts.

Yeonduk got traumatized with his friends because all of them bullied him. Skyler didn't save him and just watched them make fun of him. That scene cut deep in Yeonduk's memories.

And when Skyler found out about it, he broke down 😭

There came to the point that he's ready to let go. Good thing he didn't gave up on his love.

I realized that I took a lot of screenshot lol. This scene is so memorable for me. It's like Skyler's given up fighting after Yeonduk set him up with a girl.

Let's appreciate Yeonduk who keeps on loving Skyler despite of the pain. He went back to their old place to run away and to give up his love. That's also Skyler's awakening of his true feelings. He did love Yeonduk first, but because of misunderstandings they grew apart.

When Yeonduk is ready to let go, Skyler reached out. There's a scene where Yeonduk said that he can't get away no matter how far he run because the door is frantically open from the start. He can't forget him completely. Because he cares.

I love how Skyler begged for his love since Yeonduk has been suffering for a one sided love. It's so refreshing how the two finally reached the same end. They became stronger and finally got to be with each other. No toxic relationship because they tried to change on their own, and became the pillar with each other's arm when facing their own trauma.

The two deserve each other 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

595K 4.8K 10
Just a collection of boyxboy oneshots I made! Happy reading! :) *** These stories contain romance between two boys. If you're not okay with that then...
393K 11.8K 65
First time trying this kind of writing! Warning: May contain some yaoi Main story is gonna revolve around Yamaguchi Tadashi and Tsukishima Kei, but w...
19.3K 269 23
I been away from a long time and reading other people stories and I want to try something New but kinda cliché you guessed it a one shot book before...
543K 18.6K 41
The last omega