𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐂𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 ; comma...

By lupesune

──── ❛ what you love is your fate. © lupesune 2021 ... More

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐂𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃
𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇
❂ 000. we begin in the dark
𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐢 ─── 𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙣 𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜
❂ 001. lost cause
❂ 002. the thief
❂ 003. escape
❂ 004. curiosity
❂ 005. the encounter
❂ 006. the master
❂ 007. force bonds
❂ 008. about you
❂ 009. the mission
❂ 010. emergency
❂ 011. forgotten
❂ 012. fake out
❂ 013. the rescue
❂ 014. escape malevolence
❂ 015. the commanders
❂ 017. the rishi outpost
❂ 018. rishi attacked
❂ 019. saviour complex
❂ 020. luck
❂ 021. home
❂ 022. used to be friends
❂ 023. promises of the snow
❂ 024. orto plutonia
❂ 025. anklebiters
❂ 026. pacify
❂ 027. talk to me
❂ 028. waging war
❂ 029. the soldier
❂ 030. slow dancing
❂ 031. past facades
❂ 032. glimpse of us
❂ 033. out like a light
❂ 034. favourite place
❂ 035. run
❂ 036. heart out
❂ 037. made your mark
❂ 038. attachment
❂ 039. sincerity is scary
❂ 040. the little things
❂ 041. siege of ryloth
❂ 042. force signals
❂ 043. child of war
❂ 044. innocent
❂ 045. visions
❂ 046. eisha's fear
❂ 047. fiolet
❂ 048. the wolfpack
❂ 049. his rain
❂ 050. the bet
❂ 051. felucia rescue
❂ 052. her sun
❂ 053. serendipity
❂ 054. the '79s experience
❂ 055. back to you
❂ 056. drunk walk home
❂ 057. wolffe's choice
❂ 058. always
❂ 059. calon
❂ 060. the supply run
❂ 061. trust me
❂ 062. control
❂ 063. stay with me
❂ 064. memory garden
❂ 065. the major
❂ 066. choices
❂ 067. the beginning of the end
❂ 068. sun & moon
❂ 069. burning sun
❂ 070. dying sun
❂ 071. i know the end
𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐢𝐢 ─── 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙙𝙖𝙬𝙣
❂ 072. what remains

❂ 016. commander & captain

2.2K 136 76
By lupesune

•°. *FORCE BOUND.

xvi. COMMANDER & CAPTAIN

❛             time will tell / who am i to say that the memory
won't fade / trapped in hell / could i see someone else?

SOMEONE ELSE       //      LOVELESS

THE THREE CLONES GAWKED AFTER THE VASHUNI.

"Well, uh," Sinker cleared his throat as his brows raised, "That went well."

'Well' was certainly one way to put it.

'Another would be absolutely kriffing awful,' Wolffe thought dryly. His anger at the Padawan was completely misdirected; an obvious result of his grief, anyone could tell. She was just the one to release those emotions, despite having done nothing wrong.

Heaving a sigh he turned to his brothers, "I'm sorry, boys." Turning on his heel, he then moved to follow after the Padawan.

Watching his figure, Boost tentatively turned to Sinker, "Do you think that's a good idea?"

"Absolutely not." He quipped back.

"He hates her."

"They hate each other." Correcting his brother, he rolled his eyes, "Anyways, how many credits are you willing to bet that he'll marry her?"

Boost stared, "What? None!" His brow furrowed as he gaped at his brother's confidence, "Did we not just watch the same argument? There were death threats!" Eyeing him, he repeated, "Death threats, Sinks!"

"That was the most interest Wolffe has ever showed in another human being." Chuckling, Sinker shrugged, "But if you think that, then where's the harm in a little gambling?" He smirked, "Five credits says they'll get together." Watching his brother, his smirk widened, "Unless...you think that there's a possibility—"

"Shut up."

"I'm just saying—" He raised his arms in surrender, "Hate and love tread a thin line, Boost. I say, give it a few weeks."

Boost scoffed, "Try a lifetime."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

WOLFFE HAD SEARCHED EVERYWHERE FOR THE PADAWAN. Though, much like when they were hunting her down, the Vashuni was impossible to find unless she wanted to be found.

This time seemed much harder, however. Plus, he had an apology to give.

And think of.

Forehead creasing, he wondered what he would even say: I'm sorry I wished you were dead, I didn't mean it? The Commander hadn't given an apology in years — perhaps, not since he was just a cadet. How were they meant to go again?

He didn't have to ponder that long though. Crashing into the Padawan learner, he successfully located her and sent her flying to the floor.

Except, he had caught her before she could.

Hands quickly latching around her waist, Wolffe managed to keep the Padawan steady as he rushed to catch her. Her own hands fell to his chest, her breathing hitching at their close proximity.

When the Padawan finally glanced up at her saviour, she found they were practically nose-to-nose.

The violet oceans of Vashunse crashed upon his sunlight hues; a short glimpse of red neither caught shining in recognition. Catching their breaths, the couple were reduced to simply staring at each other — far too stunned to move.

Heart beating erratically at the close contact, he was slowly becoming awfully conscious of where his hands rested firmly — yet gently — on her waist. The previous rush of adrenaline from his temper soon flowed through him again, though a different emotion overcame him this time. Wolffe's breathing quickened, his cheeks tinting pink from the notion and only heightening as his thumb brushed against the exposed skin beneath her shirt.

With her hands planted on his chest, he could only hope she couldn't hear the turbulent palpations of his heart from under her soft hands.

And, Eisha hoped he didn't see the slight shiver she made when he held her so.

He attempted to speak, but his mouth grew dry as he kept her close. Seemingly, unable to let her go.

"I—"

"Commander, there you are—Oh!"

The two flew apart instantly, their consciousness tuning back in at the disturbance; blushing furiously at how their previous position must have looked to onlookers.

Especially as they were completely furious with each other mere minutes ago.

Coughing and running a quick hand through his short curls, he hurriedly turned away from the Vashuni. Instead, glancing at the trooper that called him, "Y—Yes?"

"It's uh—it's nothing really, sir. The men were just asking for you to look over something. But if you're—," The soldier looked between the two with a suggestive tone now, assuming he interrupted a lover's spat make-up, "Busy, I'm sure it isn't that urgent."

If possible, both the Commander's and Padawan's blushes deepened at the suggestion.

Clenching her jaw, she exhaled sharply as she eyed the Commander; ridding her flustered state as she recalled his true feelings towards her: he hated her.

Watching her leave, he immediately turned back to his brother. Clearing his throat, he whisked away the last of his embarrassment as he assumed his usual, stoic and authoritative facade, "Lead the way, vod."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

WOLFFE GROANED AT HIS LUCK, sitting on the ship's bridge and staring out into the endless abyss. The stars were scarce — much like his own thoughts at that moment — as he contemplated his failure to apologise to the Padawan.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, he closed his eyes. He wasn't prepared to face Sinker and Boost again, especially when he hadn't apologised or the Padawan yet. So there he sat on the bridge, wondering why the universe hated him so.

Until the universe granted an opportunity, in the form of a nervous voice that ripped him from his thoughts.

"Hey."

Straightening at her tone, she awkwardly eyed him as he tensed, "Look, I know you don't particularly like me and all so let me make this quick." She rubbed the nape of her neck, "I just wanted to say, I'm sorry about earlier—" Cringing, she held back a wince, "And, also sorry for what happened, earlier again."

He kept his gaze forward as he listened, "I didn't mean what I said, and after thinking about it, I don't think you meant it either." She sighed, "We grieve differently, Commander — I can understand that. And, I don't want to aggravate you. I'd quite like for us to be friends, actually." Gnawing at the inside of her cheek, she hugged her arms to her chest, "Out of the both of us, it doesn't need to be said that you have far more experience with war than me. So, I requested to be demoted...to Captain."

Peering up, she chewed on her lip as his shoulders remained tense, "You know, that way we don't have to fight about 'who's-the-better-Commander' and all that — which is obviously me by the way, but I think you know that." Wolffe smiled slightly, though remained hidden from view, "Okay. I'll, uh—I'll be going now."

She held on for a minute, though ultimately silence was her only response. Shaking her head softly, she sighed as she began walking away.

"I'm sorry, too."

Whipping round she was stunned at the apology leaving the stern Commander's mouth, gaping at the man who truly didn't look like he had said anything at all.

And although she wanted to squeal for joy, she kept it in. Instead opting to sit down beside him and offer a soft smile; to which he too attempted to return.

It was the first time she had seen his smile.

She loved it.

"I know you don't trust me yet," Gazing out at the galaxy, Wolffe glanced at the stars flickering in her own eyes — they were far brighter, "But, I am here for you." She met his watchful eyes, "If you'd like to talk."

Wolffe grunted, "I'm not much of a talker."

"That's okay," Smiling softly, he swore stardust lay beneath her skin at the gentle glow the outside cast upon her. The stars — Wolffe believed — glowed far brighter now.

Much like their individual crystals.

But they didn't know that.

Not yet, anyway.

A comfortable silence encased the two, both mulling over their previous conversations with each other. However, Eisha couldn't stay quiet for long.

"As beautiful as it is," Piping up again, she sighed as her sight was fixed on the view, "I much prefer the rain."

Wolffe lifted his head at that, unaware of where the conversation was going, "I don't like the rain. It's too loud."

"There's something simple yet beautiful to it, though." She shrugged, "The soft rhythm of the raindrops — you gotta think, in a world like this we have to be thankful for any peace we get." A wistful smile crossed her features, "It makes me miss home."

His brow furrowed, sometimes she really did sound like a Jedi, "I didn't think Vashunse was a particularly rainy planet."

"Oh, no." She laughed, "I meant Kamino. That's my real home. Your home too, I guess."

"If you like it so much, why not go back?"

Her mouth opened to answer but soon closed again. Catching her lip between her teeth, Wolffe wasn't aware of how his gaze slightly dipped before meeting her own again as she whispered, "I—I'm just not ready to go back yet..."

'Not without Wolffe.'

"...you know?"

"Yeah," The Commander observed her properly now, and Eisha could see the slight emotion in his eyes, "I know."

And so their silence returned, a mutual understanding surely forming between both Commander and Captain, as they sat contently in each other's company.

They didn't mind the other at that moment, merely more than happy to sit with someone who could understand.

"You know, I still haven't caught your name."

"I didn't throw it."

Laughing at his quip, she grinned, "You're sure something, Commander."

He spared her another small smile again.

"Sure thing, Captain."

This could be a fresh start; for both Commander and Captain.

A fresh start, where they could try again.

•°. *Hey!!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who is enjoying the story so far, there are lots to come, believe me. :D

But, genuinely every read, vote and comment truly makes my day and makes me update at 1 am seriously worth it; so thank you :)

Anyways, see you all tomorrow!! <3

FIRST PUBLISHED:
LAST EDITED: 13/02/2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 299 20
Rysa Keen, Mandalorian, Jedi Knight, Being a Jedi Knight for a short time before the Battle of Geonosis, Rysa was ordered to mentor and co-command t...
10.3K 317 46
This is a sequel to Hilarious Texts and Tales of The Clone Wars, but featuring characters from all across the galaxy! Get ready for hilarious, adorab...
1.5K 84 12
This one-shot book is a compliment to my book, STAR WARS - THE BAD BATCH: Project SAC-1 and will feature one-shots of any variety :) Maybe there'll a...
2.9K 70 13
Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, along with Ahsoka Tano, Captain Rex, Commander Cody, and Padmé Amidala are sent on a mission by the Jedi Council...