BEHIND THE MASK- BOOK II

By trnsporting_

Time flies by. Riley's and Cameron's past have come creeping in the shadows once again. Relationships will b... More

story concept
character concepts
ONE: LONDON STEREO
TWO: OCEANIC DARKNESS
THREE: QUEEN DEAREST
FIVE: THE TRUE WRATH OF A DRAGON
SIX: A SHORT BUT SWEET DOSE OF HORROR
SEVEN: CLUES
EIGHT: SPADES
NINE: BROTHERHOOD?
TEN: REOPENED WOUNDS
ELEVEN: HEARTBREAK BRIDGE
TWELVE: BROKEN WINGS
THIRTEEN: RETALIATION
FOURTEEN: TO PIMP A BUTTERFLY
FIFTEEN: SAVING A DECAYED HEART
SIXTEEN: ROYAL DOWNFALL
SEVENTEEN: ROYAL HUMILIATION
EIGHTEEN: THE END OF A ROYAL
NINETEEN: CURSED LAWYERS
TWENTY: CURSED LAWYERS PART 2
TWENTY-ONE: FOREVER WOUNDS
TWENTY-TWO: GUNS N ROSES
TWENTY-THREE: GUNS N ROSES PART 2
TWENTY-FOUR: BUTTERFLY
TWENTY- FIVE: REDEMPTION
TWENTY-SIX:EPILOGUE

FOUR: DRAGON INFULTRATION

35 1 0
By trnsporting_

FOUR: DRAGON INFLUTRATION

Cameron was getting ready for their long day at the Buckingham Palace when...

Riley walked in the room with his phone in hand. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Cameron was midway through tying his tie when he turned to her slowly. "I was going to but-"

"But what?" she asked harshly.

"Look, I was going to tell you after our meeting with the Queen yesterday but ended up getting caught up with other work. Please don't be mad, okay?"

She sighed. "Where is she?"

"In a hotel five-"

His phone vibrated in her hand and she answered it, putting it on speaker.

"What is it, Krushiv?" Cameron asked.

"Sir, Agent West is on her way to your hotel right now." Krushiv revealed.

"What do you mean on her way here? How the hell did she find out where we are?!"

"Another agent traced your hotel's service calls, sir."

Cameron cursed under his breath. Rage radiating off him. "Find that agent and bring him to the den. I'll be there later."

Cameron ended the call and grab his keys. Without a word, Riley followed behind him.

"What are you going to do with the agent?" Riley asked.

"Send your mother a message," They left their room and went down to reception.

Just before leaving the hotel, Cameron went straight to the receptionist.

"Hello, how can I help-"

"Get your boss down here," he cut her off coldly.

"Are you alright, s-sir?" a man joined them.

"I thought I told you to make sure nothing in this hotel gets traced."

"S-sir, we did."

"Oh, really? Then what's this?" Cameron asked, showing the man his phone.

The man's face went pale. On Cameron's phone, there was an alert.

There was a security breach. The man couldn't speak. Embarrassed, humiliated were even enough to describe the despair the man was feeling. Cameron, on the hand, was livid.

"Answer me." Cameron shouted.

"A-a s-security b-breach, s-sir," the man stuttered.

"Good. Fix it. And if this ever happens again, say goodbye to your job," Cameron glared at the man.

"Y-yes, s-sir," the man left, leaving the receptionist frightened.

"And you. I don't pay to flirt around with your co-workers. You here to work, that's it. Got it?"

With that, Cameron and Riley left the hotel.

The two arrived at the Buckingham Palace soon after. Whilst walking in, Cameron quickly dialed someone.

"I need you to make sure the locations of all of our hotels are blocked off from the government's eyes," was all he said before he ended the call.

"Where are we going to stay this time?" Riley asked.

"Manchester."

"Hotel or?"

"Don't worry about that, love. Let's focus on the task at hand, hmm?"

She shrugged and they went inside. They were met with the old Victorian vibe of the palace. Cameron wasn't surprised that the Queen left it as is, considering her history with the royal family. Both of them, dressed in suits, they entered their assigned stations. Riley was assigned to the prince, Charlie, while Cameron was assigned to the princess, Alyssa.

Both annoying to deal with.

"So, slash, where did you get the scar under your eye?" that was the first question Charlie asked.

"I fought with a drunk Russian guy," she answered him. It wasn't far from the truth. She did fight with a Russian man except he wasn't drunk, and they were in a cage. Let's just say in the end there was a blood bath. And it wasn't her blood spilling.

"Tell me. How did Roue score such an exquisite woman like you, hmm?" he asked, stepping into her personal space. A space that Riley protected heavily.

She stepped back, giving him a cold glare. "There's something called personal space. Don't invade mine. As for Rogue and me, that's none of your business."

"Aw, come on. I'm curious," he explained. "You two are attached at the hip."

"Thank you, captain obvious. Again, my life and who I have a relationship with is none of your business. I'm only here to keep your junkie head alive," Riley stepped further back from him, and the minute she did. She noticed the vibe in the room changed.

The next thing she knew, she was pinned against the wall.

"I'm not a junkie, okay?" he gritted through his teeth. "Call me a junkie again and I'll end you."

In that moment, Charlie made a mistake. Riley headbutted him, making him stumble back. Using his dazed form, she punched him then grabbed a section of his hair. Then she lifted his head. "Touch me again, you will die. Invade my personal space, you die. You most certainly don't want to end up like the drunk, Russian guy I fought."

She got off him, allowing him to recollect himself. "Sorry. I don't know what came over me. I just-"

"Hate when people label you as things you aren't?"

He nodded. "Everyone expects me to be this perfect prince who's the next heir to the throne. The thing is none of-forget it."

She chuckled. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone."

How could I when everyone already knows? She thought.

Meanwhile...

"Tell me, Rogue-y. What do you see in that thing you call a girlfriend, hmm? You know, I'm the better...choice," her fingers crawled their way up his chest whilst she gave him a seductive look.

Gently, he took her hand and placed it at her side. "Here's what I see in that woman named Slash, Alyssa. Everything you wish you could be."

Of course, Alyssa felt jealous. She has it all yet there's one thing she can't seem to get. Her crush, the man she's in love with-Cameron. Because he is in love with someone else and she can't seem to that through her thick skull.

"Oh, please. I have everything you could ask for. Looks, power, money, a personality worth dreaming about. Plus, I can give you what she can't," she spat back bitterly.

"And what's that, hmm?" he smirked.

"Pleasure," she was about to kiss him when he side-stepped her.

Dark-eyed, he stared deep into her eyes to the very entity that was her soul. His stare visibly made her shiver in fear. "I rather be dead then allow your filthy hands to touch me. Talk ill about my girlfriend any longer and you won't have a voice to use anymore."

Several hours went by, both Charlie and Alyssa kept things professional. Especially after both Riley and Cameron gave warnings. The queen seemed to notice the cold aura around the four. Smirking to herself, she chuckled.

I will have the south, child.

They arrived at the new location after working in the palace. As they got there, Cameron's phone vibrated. He pulled it out of his pocket. Seeing the name on the screen, he chuckled making Riley look at him confused.

"Sylvia," he said, answering his phone.

"I need to speak with my daughter," she told him.

Cameron looked at Riley who wore a scowl on her face the minute she heard him say her mother's name.

"Just put her on speaker," Riley told him.

Cameron put his phone on speaker. "You can talk to her now."

"Riley, can we meet at the café near Buckingham palace? I just want to talk."

"We're talking now, aren't we?" Riley told her coldly.

"I mean in person, Riley."

"Why? We've had this conversation twice already. You won't listen to me. So, why the hell am I going to waste my time listening to you. Take your team and go back to Spain. Lastly, if you do as much as compromise my life again, you will have hell to pay." Riley took Cameron's phone and ended the call right as Sylvia was about to speak.

Cameron chuckled. "She sure is persistent."

Riley sighed. "I'm done asking her to listen. I'm done telling her, showing her my story. And to think that she wants me to end things with you and come back to California. I'll be damned if something happens to her and she calls us for help."

Cameron then smirked and they were off to their new location.

***

The night was a lovely hug for Cameron. Wearing his mask, his dragon tattoo on full display, he entered the den.

Men and women alike showing their respect to a person almost half their age, showing their tattoos to him. It was like royalty had entered the building. He found Krushiv, standing by a door.

"How is the mouse holding up?" He asked.

"Squirming, and calling for Sylvia's help."

Cameron smirked. "Good."

He went inside with Krushiv following behind. A murderous glint in his eyes set on the agent who breach his hotel's security system. He watched as the man, mouth tapped shut, squirmed and screamed to be released.

"It was fun playing hide and seek with you, agent. Unfortunately for you, for breaching the security system that I developed with the best tech-wizs in the world, I will personally be giving you viewing of hell. Welcome to the dragon's den, agent."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90 12 9
After dumping her jerk of a boyfriend, Kira get a job with Thorne Blackwell, a ruthless CEO with a dark past. He's handsome, commanding..... and he's...
155K 6.1K 18
Kendall Clark is at the top of her game. She's one of the best black female Veterinarians in Los Angeles, California and everybody loves her. She's s...
81 0 12
After his assistant drunkenly confesses she's in love with him, Levi Wells attempts to get Valerie to confess again. Only this time, it leads to a bi...
3.6M 75.3K 21
Skye Moreno's life is pretty different to most other girls her age. For as long as she can remember she's been involved in a world full of guns, dru...