The Proposed Deal

By remixthestory

/BOOK 1 - PROPOSAL SERIES/ ••• "Your body language says you're enjoying yourself" Leo chuckled still glancing... More

◍ Prologue
◍ I. Coffee
◍ II. Familia
◍ III. Spesh
◍ IV. Girls
◍ VI. Shower
◍ VII. Los Cielos
◍ VIII. Deal
◍ IX. Morning
◍ X. Eye roll
◍ XI. Stunts
◍ XII. Men
◍ XIII. Risk
◍ XIV. Drive
◍ XV. Colors
◍ XVI. Volley Ball
◍ XVII. Elisa
◍ XVIII. Plans
◍ XIX. Dress
◍ XX. Idol
◍ XXI. Alcohol
◍ XXII. Host
◍ XXIII. Gaze
◍ XXIV. Shopping
◍ XXV. Burst
◍ XXVI. Metanoia
◍ XXVII. Football
◍ XXVIII. Kiss
◍ XXIX. Bracelet
◍ XXX. Fire
◍ XXXI. Waves
◍ XXXII. Broken
◍ XXXIII. Worth
◍ XXXIV. One
◍ XXXV. Punch
◍ XXXVI. Love
◍ XXXVII. Carnations
◍ XXXVIII. Mess
◍ XXXIX. Gala
◍ XL. Cariño
◍ XLI. Panic
◍ XLII. Time
◍ XLIII. Thunder
◍ XLIII. Wedding
◍ XLIV. Moon
◍ XLV. Epilogue
Book II
Book III

◍ V. Best Bud

1K 74 2
By remixthestory

//Seville, Spain

Parking his black Bentley at his regular parking space, Leo came out of his car and glanced to his right, The parking space was occupied by a red Lamborghini. Leo gritted his incisors "My days of peace are over".

He shook his head and walked straight towards the elevator, nodding to the lift guard he patiently waited for the lift to climb up to his floor, 42nd meanwhile checking his phone. He heard the chime and walked out, nodding at the greetings his way he walked and pushed open his cabin door.

He rushed to his desk, placed the laptop bag in its place, and grabbed the file, his assistant Cruz Moretti had left.

A knock resonated and entered his ever-efficient assistant.

"He is here?" Leo asked.

Cruz sighed "Yes! Came half an hour ago" Leo nodded and dismissed him. Cruz walked towards the door but turned. "Sir?" Leo raised his brow showing his Attention, still riding the pages.

"Do you still want me to book tickets for tomorrow?" Cruz asked expectantly.

"It was supposed to be booked a week before Cruz." Leo looked up and Cruz shuffled his feet.

"I thought...He might change your mind?" Cruz reasoned and Leo pointedly stared at him.

"No one changes my mind, Cruz. I need tickets on my desk in the next 15 minutes."

"I beg to differ." The voice came from behind Cruz, A man same the age as Leonardo, leaning on the door frame, his arms crossed at his chest.

"Senor Wellington" Cruz greeted the man who smiled back.

"Cruz" He nodded and entered the room, crossing the threshold he walked inside as if he owned the place, making Leo glare at him. He swiftly turned on his heels and faced the leaving assistant "Cruz, about the tickets, you will get the final words from your boss in some time, so keep it on hold."

Cruz coughed a little, hiding his snicker.

"I never invited you inside, Wellington." Leo's glare shifted to the man who took the chair in front of his desk, leaning back, His arms placed on the armrest and his face smirking at Leonardo.

"I'm always invited here bud; I don't favor formalities," he said and Leo scoffed.

Cruz cleared his throat and Leo looked back at him.

"Get back to work Cruz, He'll be gone in the next hour."

Cruz gave him a disbelieving look "I doubt that," he said and Leo gave him a look that made him run out of the cabin.

"You missed me, Buddy?" He sat straight and picked up the glass paperweight. "It has been what? A month?"

"3 weeks and 2 days" Leo muttered and He raised his brows, a smile taking place on his face.

"You were counting? I'm impressed, man."

"Yes, who'll not count their days of peace? Marcus." Leo gave him a mocking smile and Marcus stopped rolling the paperweight.

"Ouch!" he placed his hand on the chest, feigning hurt. "Your words were bullets, my friend, went straight to my heart."

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be on your honeymoon?" Leo stood up from his chair and turned his back to Marcus, placing the box file back on the shelves right behind his seat.

"I cut it short..." He piped looking him up and down "...for an ungrateful Friend"

Leo rolled his eyes and turned back to look at him who had a smirk on his friend. "You need to work on your lying skills Marc, no wonder Delphi always catches you."

Leo chuckles at his scoffing friend who throws a pen and he catches it in the air.

"Bastard," Marc mutters and Leo smirks.

"Now, why are you here? And where is Delphi?"

"Delphi is home, London." Leo nodded.

"Why are you back so soon?" He asked and Marcus smiled jovially.

"Because you my friend..." He got up and put his hand on Leo's shoulder "...are going to be a godfather soon."

"You?" Leo looked surprised "I didn't expect it so soon."

Marcus frowned "What do you mean?"

Leo smirked "I thought your lazy ass won't be working so fast." Marcus scowled, aiming a punch at him, which Leo successfully dived.

"You're an A-rated prick." Marcus gritted his teeth, glaring at his friend who chuckled, raising his hands in surrender, Leo picked up the intercom and ordered champagne for them both, signaling him to walk towards the couch at the other end of the cabin.

''Come, it's celebration time" Leo guided his fuming friend.

"But what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with her?"

"You're right, It's celebration time." Leo quivered his brow in confusion "I couldn't wait to celebrate your break up with Ramona. You're finally free from that woman." He excitedly said and Leo glared at him "You finally did the right thing mate; she wasn't right for you." He added

"She broke our engagement Marc, she called everything off. I didn't do a thing." Leo muttered and Marc placed his hand on Leo's knee.

"So what? Either way, she is out of your life. you should be happy, no you should be ecstatic." He said, "She wasn't worth your efforts, she still isn't."

"You don't understand Marc..."

"I guess, I do so." he cut him off "Leo why are you like this?"

Leo looked warily "What do you mean?"

"You are bothered because it was her who called it off. Aren't you?" Leo started speaking but Marc raised his hand.

"She hurt your ego, and you want revenge, Leo" He exclaimed, clapping his hands. "I so knew it. Leonardo Clemente never loved anyone except his family and is suddenly bothered because of a girl. That was news to me back then, so it is now." He gave him a mocking smile.

Leo deadpanned at the comment. "What are you implying? I can't love anyone else other than my family?"

"When did I say that? I just stated the fact that you weren't into her." Marc shrugged nonchalantly.
Leo stared at him. "I was marrying her Marc; she was the one for me because..."

Marc cut him off. "Because she was senor Montiel's daughter and a well-established model? Good for your image and reputation in the business, what more?" Marc raised his brow and Leo turned to look at the knocking door. Muttering a small "Come in" Leo's stare followed the server and the trays, avoiding Marc's calculative eyes.

The door closed and Leo inwardly sighed, Marc was not dropping this conversation, he will never until he gave up.

"You want to know what I'm feeling?" Leo asked and Marc nodded after a minute. He was staring at him as his expression changed.

Thoughtful, calculative, and finally the condescending smile.

"'Kay then" Leo muttered and Marc stared at him confused.

"What are you planning Leo?" He asked still unsure to conclude.

"Something which Ramona Montiel will never forget"

~~

//Mumbai, India
Aish threw the last piece of cloth in her bag and pushed the lid of the suitcase down to zip it. Lifting the bag from the bed she placed it on the tiled floor and huffed.

"Siyappa khatam" Aish muttered, picking up her white t-shirt and beige loose pants. Hurrying into the bathroom she changed and bolted out, quickly placing her shades, passport, cards, tickets, and other essential things in her black handbag she rolled her bag into the hall where a half-awake Vandy sat on the couch, her eyes drooping in sleep but she stayed straight.

Aish smiled at her friend, placing her luggage near the door she walked back to Vandy and shrugged her.

"Are you ready?" Vandy rubbed her face down with her palm, almost falling off the couch." Do you have everything you need? Don't trust Sakshi to bring extras." She ask-yawned and Aish nodded grinning at the cartoon in front.

"Words darling, I am too sleepy to process your nodding." Vandy blinked and Aish scoffed.

"Yes, Mumma! I have everything I need, even things I may never need on a business trip." Aish said and Vandy smirked, standing up from her place she turned to face Aish and pulled her into a hug.

"Listen to mamma, do dirty with every hot boy you find there. I don't want to hear any single complaint regarding you being innocent or being a lawmaker. Live and loose free, got it?" Vandy winked at Aish who glared at her scowling.

"I'm going for work, bitch." She smacked her arm to which she moaned in pain.

"Work with pleasure I'm suggesting maate. Even I care for Spesh. I don't expect anything less than the standard work from the team. You know being a co-partner makes me responsible for its reputation." She stated and Aish rolled her eyes. "I know you and your care for Spesh."

"American men hate rolling of eyes, Aish" Vandy said and Aish raised her brow. "Christian Grey did," she argued and Aish muttered incoherent words for her.

"You need to stop reading those things," Aish said in disgust. Taking a step back she started walking towards the door.

"Your those things ooze out knowledge, Darling," Vandy said. Aish shook her head, trying to tune out Vandy. Trying.

"I want all the dirty deeds, okay?" Vandy yelled at Aish's back and she showed her the middle finger.

VOTE | COMMENT| SHARE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.2K 4K 32
❝ Roses are dead, love is fake, weddings are basically funerals with cake. ❞ Meet Akriti Marwaha, a gynecologist who loves to always keep her family...
187K 18K 57
Book #1 of the Stars Series. ~She taught him to speak out loud He taught her to hear the silence~ ✨ "Do you remember, What the hell did you do Miss...
1.7M 71.8K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...
523K 21K 39
# 1 in General Fiction as on 11-03-2017 A Gasp escapes my mouth looking at my accidental husband kissing those three girls one after other ...... Tea...