Et Nos Cedamus Amori

By twosetandbubbletea

"Let us yield to love." Brett Yang knew from the very moment he saw Eddy Chen. He knew that this was the man... More

Prologue
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX. (nsfw)
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV. (nsfw)
XXXVI. (semi-nsfw)
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX.
XL. (semi-nsfw)
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII. (semi-nsfw)
XLIV. (semi-nsfw)
Epilogue
Author's Ending Notes

XLV.

248 13 3
By twosetandbubbletea

"Sine Cerere et Baccho friget Venus." -Terentius

Without bread and wine, love freezes

"God, I'm so jealous of the other people living in this world." Eddy just started out of the blue.

"Why?" Brett asked, visibly confused.

"They'll never get to feel you the same way I do for the past sixteen years." Eddy answered.

Brett felt as though he could not breathe. He smiled at Eddy.

"You're one to talk. Just hearing you makes me wanna fly and conquer it all. You make me wanna leave and stay here at the same time." Brett replied, hugging his cute husband.

"Brett, are we bad people because we don't wanna be parents?" Eddy asked out of the blue as he looked at his husband of sixteen years.

"Eddy, do you want children?" Brett asked back, knowing how he could communicate his answer.

"No, not really..." Eddy answered.

"Then it doesn't make us bad people... Are you worried about growing alone?" Brett asked again.

"I'm not growing alone, I have you..." Eddy answered again.

"Eddy, if you really want children or to make such a difference, we could adopt teens." Brett suggested gently.

"You've thought about this, huh?" Eddy asked, smiling at his husband.

"Well, it came up when we were in our twenties and excited to be married. I always wanted to adopt teenagers or tweens because I feel like we really wouldn't have energy for a baby or a toddler. Also, our work is so hectic and unhealthy for a child to grow up in." Brett started as he voiced out all his thoughts about having children.

"That's true. I feel like if we adopt a baby or a toddler they'd despise us if they grew up." Eddy joked.

"I know that's a joke but it's kinda true. With a teen or tween, we could nurture their talents or whatever they want to be when the time comes they have a career. I want teenagers to have a safe space with us. Especially since they are the ones who feel lost at that age." Brett said.

"That's true. I didn't know shit at that age, honestly. If it wasn't for you, I'd probably be a sad, sad doctor." Eddy commented.

"Definitely... So, you ready for this change?"

"Of course..."

- - - - -

"Honey, there's a teen that they want us to adopt..." Eddy said hesitantly.

"Why is there quite a bit of hesitance in your voice, hubby?" Brett asked.

"This boy has siblings. Both older and younger than him." Eddy said.

"I don't see where the problem is?" Brett replied.

"Good. Because I already fell in love with him." Eddy added.

"Hubby, we've waited two years for this. I don't care what age they are, I just want them to have a home." Brett coaxed.

"Me too..."

"How old are his siblings and what are their sexes or preferred genders so we can get them things?" Brett asked as he hugged Eddy from behind.

"His name is Peter, he's 14. His younger sibling is Edward and he's 11. They both have an older sister named Jean who is 16." Eddy informed. "Regarding their sexes that's it but I don't know their sexualities and or preferred gender." Eddy added.

"All named after composers, huh?" Brett chuckled. "Well, that will be fine. We could just ask them and make sure they will feel comfortable with us." Brett reassured.

"Me too. I'm glad we're doing this, Brett." Eddy smiled as held Brett's hands.

"Me too, Eddy. Me too..."

- - - - -

"Hey, welcome to me and my husband's home... I know you guys know us already but you can address us in anyway comfortable to you guys." Brett remarked as he showed them around.

"Could we call you baba and Eddy papa?" Asked Edward with a smile.

"Of course, what would you like to be called?" Brett asked back.

"Please call me Edward only. It's gonna be confusing if you call me Eddy since that's what you call papa." Edward replied.

"Okay, we'll call you Edward, then." Brett smiled as he ruffled Edward's hair.

"What about you guys?" Eddy asked the other two.

"I'm fine by Pete."

"Jean works fine, yeah."

"Okay, so this is the last question but are you guys okay with taking our last names?" Eddy asked.

"Of course... We are grateful you took us in." Pete said as he smiled at the married couple.

"Nobody usually wanted to take us because we were siblings who didn't want to part. Also, because we were older than the ones other people would adopt. We are thankful you chose us." Jean also said as she hugged the couple.

The other boys joined them as the three children cried.

"Don't cry, guys. We'll be here now, we will never leave and we are grateful you came to our lives, too. Whatever you want or need, we will try our best to give it to you..." Eddy said, holding their teens.

"Don't be afraid to reach out to me or your papa... We will be here." Brett added.

Once they have all settled, they took a tour around the house and settled in their individual rooms. They were going to shop for clothes and other things tomorrow. For now, they had to sleep and rest their minds.

Brett and Eddy also settled in their beds and tried to sleep.

"I'm excited for tomorrow..." Eddy started as he pulled Brett closer to him.

"Me too, I hope they could get all the things that they need and want tomorrow." Brett said as he moved closer to Eddy if it was even possible.

"I love you, honey. Thank you."

"Thank you too, hubby. I love you, too."

- - - - -

"I don't know if you guys would be more comfortable shopping online or in the mall, so we were gonna ask you." Eddy said.

"I think we wanna do it online, papa. You have tape measures, right?" Jean said.

"Yeah, of course." Brett said as he handed it to her.

Jean started to measure her brothers first and wrote their measurements on separate papers. Then, Brett helped Jean with her own measurements.

"You guys can buy as much as you want and need, okay? You do not need to ask. But, you guys have to come with me and Brett to the mall and grocery. We still need to get you guys food that you like and even things you might need." Eddy said as he watched them.

"Just tell us once you guys are settled and we'll head out, yeah? We're gonna be in our practice room. Remember, you don't have to ask if you're gonna buy. You can buy other things online too, except electronics because we'll buy those at the mall. Just make sure it's legal. Also, you don't have to show us every item you got. We trust that the item you guys buy is something you need and or want." Brett added as he smiled.

"Yes pa and ba. Thank you." Pete said sincerely.

"You're welcome, guys. Happy shopping!" Eddy exclaimed as he and Brett left the living room.

"What the fuck, they are so kind!" Jean whispered with such happy enthusiasm.

Brett and Eddy looked at each other as they overheard the statement. They now went on and practiced some duets. After a few hours, Edward knocked on the door and said they were ready to go to the grocery.

"Can we go to an Asian grocery store after the regular one?" Pete asked.

"Of course. Any specific item you want?" Eddy asked.

"Honestly, we watched one of your videos from like years ago. We saw that you guys ate that custard cake thing? It looked delicious. I don't know if Asian groceries changed here in Australia but those other things you ate looked so good." Pete said excitedly.

"Oh god, you watched old videos? Oh no." Brett said voice laced with so much cringe.

"Crazy how you guys aren't that different off cam." Jean said with a laugh.

"I don't think we're too different. I guess, we are more energetic on cam." Brett replied.

They got all the groceries they needed and headed home. They put the groceries on their proper places and had dinner on a hotpot place.

"Hey guys, if you don't mind me asking, did you know that your names are classical composers?" Eddy asked gently.

"Really?" Edward asked.

"Yeah, Edward Elgar, Jean Sibelius and Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky." Eddy listed.

"Well, I guess they're meant to be our children, hubby." Brett said.

"I guess so, honey." Eddy replied.

"Do you guys wanna continue school with physical classes or online classes?" Brett asked.

"I think we'd all want to continue physical classes." Jean said. "It will be great to socialize and start anew." She added.

"Well, we're here when you need us. You could always reach out to us." Brett assured.

"And we thank you for that." Pete said.

"Now, go and enjoy your dinner. If you aren't too full we could get boba." Eddy suggested.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134 7 3
"Hey, are you Brett? Do you guys need help?" The guy I suspected to be Brett visibly hesitated with his movements. Before he could say anything, the...
7.8K 327 17
When Feng He asked Cheng Qing to live with him, he ignored all the reasons it was a bad idea. The relationship with his step-brother was already vola...
28.5K 1.3K 17
Gonna be a sad one. Imma apologize beforehand. Some Breddy angst stuff and uh maybe some fluff but Idk yet //trigger warning for suicide/self harm/de...
9.6K 498 18
🎹❤️🎻 Brett is a quiet, antisocial 17 year old student who discovers a talent for music. However, at times, his life makes him hard to dream. Until...