Et Nos Cedamus Amori

twosetandbubbletea által

"Let us yield to love." Brett Yang knew from the very moment he saw Eddy Chen. He knew that this was the man... Több

Prologue
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX. (nsfw)
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV. (nsfw)
XXXVI. (semi-nsfw)
XXXVII.
XXXIX.
XL. (semi-nsfw)
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII. (semi-nsfw)
XLIV. (semi-nsfw)
XLV.
Epilogue
Author's Ending Notes

XXXVIII.

287 16 20
twosetandbubbletea által

"In dubio abstine." -Latin phrase

When in doubt, abstain.

"Do you wanna get married?" Brett asked, still on top of Eddy. 

"Brett, we are literally gonna get married soon. Don't pretend as if you didn't propose..." Eddy said jokingly.

"I know... By married, I meant vows and such." Brett started. "You started on your vows, right?" He asked condescendingly.

"No. I wanted them to come to me naturally. No script, whatsoever." Eddy said proudly, hugging Brett closer to his body.

"Good. I'm glad you told me that because I thought my ass was gonna get in trouble." Brett admitted, laughing a little too hard.

Brett got up a bit and held himself up so he could stand. He helped Eddy stand up as well. When they were stood up, Brett pulled Eddy close in front of him. He wanted to simulate the wedding experience for the both of them.

"I know we aren't gonna get married in a church so no use of the specifics, but I do want you to hear my very first vow to you without the presence of an audience." Brett started as he kissed Eddy.

"Eddy, I don't really know what got to my fucking head the first time I saw you. It felt like everything just short-circuited and ever since then, nothing really mattered but you." Brett stated, slightly laughing as he remembered that his choice of words are not wedding-friendly.

"Well, at least in my line of sight. All those years— those painful and lovelorn filled years— waiting for you to just love me back are nothing now. I used to doubt that you would actually love me but you prove me wrong.

Time and time again, you prove me worthy of your love. So now, I am only confident that you live and love for me for as long as we die." Brett added while Eddy was just staring at his lover.

"I know, it sounds morbid but a little memento mori wouldn't hurt. I wouldn't die knowing you're married to someone else that's not me. I will fucking haunt your every waking hour if you even ever think of remarrying." Brett joked, Eddy was laughing as tears were flowing down his cheeks.

"I have no doubts now. I could only prove my love by choosing you every day. Even if it's tedious or too joyful, I'll choose you every single time.

Even if your hay fever gets so bad that I'll be covered in balls of spit from you sneezing, I will choose you. Or maybe even when all you would do is practice for hours and hours on end, I will still choose you.

I choose you for I love you. I cannot promise you anything and everything other than my every days and tomorrows with you." Brett concluded his speech, as he sealed the promise with a kiss on Eddy's forehead. His calloused fingertips wiping the wetness away from the apples of Eddy's cheeks.

"Oh, fuck you, how will I top that?" Eddy asked sarcastically, still laughing and crying.

"You will never top anything I do. Because I'm the top." Brett joked as he was crying, too.

"Shh, let me start now because I can't argue with those statements." Eddy said, kissing Brett's damp cheek.

"Honestly, when we first met, I didn't think any big of it. I just believed that I'll only ever see you every Friday night in that very same classroom. God, you wouldn't even comprehend how lucky I was to be adopted by an introvert." Eddy joked, laughing at everything he just said.

"You were just a safe presence even from the start. You were the safest bet for me, no matter the context. I mean that in a good way. You were always there and I could count on you every single time. Before, you only were my safest bet in Maths tuition. Now, you're my safest bet until the end of our times." Eddy said, tears streaming down his face once again.

"God, I never really realized how much you love me until now. I always took it for granted when we were younger, but now I cannot imagine a life without it. I am so sorry for making you wait for so long— forgive me, Brett— but now it's time for me to return your wasted time and turn it to something worth your life and love.

As for remarrying, I think I'll do it if it means you haunting my every waking hour," Eddy said— laughing at the obscurity of the situation. "I only want you to haunt me for the rest of our lives."

"There's so much stuff that I wanna tell you but it all sums up to 'I love you.' No matter how much I try to reword it, it will always be I love you— and I very much do. I promise to be with you and to choose you everyday, too." Eddy concluded, kissing Brett who was full on sobbing.

"Oh god, I fucking love you, nerd." Brett replied after breaking away from the kiss.

There was no space left between the two men.

"I fucking love you too, dork. I love you too much." Eddy said, holding Brett tight.

"I can't believe we are married now."

"Brett, we aren't legally mar—"

"Shut up, Eddy. You're my hubby forever now."

"If you call me hubby one more time, I will divorce you." Eddy threatened.

"You wouldn't fucking dare." Brett finished, not letting go of Eddy.

Eddy carried Brett back to the bed so they could have the nap that they should've been having. Brett wasted no time to hold Eddy and kissed him. Eddy just accepted his fate and gave in to his beloved.

All their souls could do was rejoice and rest. The two men were reunited and no circumstance will have them to ever part. They are (and were) bonded eternally.

They were happy, truly happy, as they drifted off to sleep.

- - - - -

"With the power vested in me, you may now kiss the groom."

As soon as the words rang around the entire place, cheers erupted from Brett and Eddy's families. They walked down the aisle, they stood and walked with proud. They were now officially the Chen-Yang family. Well, without the children.

It doesn't matter now. Whatever the venue looked like or what they wore or how they prepared— everything doesn't matter. This is their first legal wedding but not their first one. The newly wedded couple were on the way of the reception venue.

Their siblings playing the most biased piece they could think of, for they were a pianist and a cellist after all. As they held together their first dance that Eddy choreographed for them, Brett confessed something to Eddy.

"You know, I never really imagined the big wedding to ever arrive to me, let alone us." He whispered.

"And why is that?" Eddy asked with full curiosity as he gently twirled Brett around as a part of their choreography.

"I never really thought we'd actually be with each other—" he replied. "Like, I get these visions of us together but never together in this type of way." Brett added, cheek to cheek with Eddy. 

"Well, aren't ya glad that you're living the reality?"

"Oh, definitely, hubby."

"Okay, hubby." Eddy mocked, slightly swaying them around the rhythm of Saint-Saëns' Le Cygne.

"Why did I not expect this from Alex and Belle?" Brett asked.

"What, the music?" Eddy asked back.

"Yeah, that and setting us up." Brett answered.

"Wait, they set us up how?" Eddy asked, confusion very evident on his face.

"Remember how they asked us to play for them for their wedding? Where you had the girl and where I had my vivid vision but you really realized that you loved me?" Brett asked and Eddy nodded.

"They both knew that the memory they will unlock is tragic, so it will draw us closer to each other." Brett added.

"It did work for me." Eddy said cockily.

"Well, not me... I was ready to give up on you that time because that girl was so full of love. I knew she would love you so I convinced myself to move on."

"Well–" Eddy mirrored, "Aren't you glad you could never move on from me?"

"Oh, of course. I wouldn't be here if I gave up. I wouldn't have married you nor got to kiss you, nor got to gold you close."

"Well, that's a lot of nors. Hopefully the broth cubes don't mind you stealing their trademarked brand." Eddy joked.

"Shut the fuck up, hubby. I will fucking punt you." Brett threatened, no bite behind his voice.

"As if you could, hubby." Eddy retorted.

They wrapped up the dance as the piece had already ended. They smiled and thanked their siblings and the crowd.

"I may not be able to punt you, but I could pound into you."

"God, shut up." Eddy said, blushing slightly.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

7.5K 393 16
Brett Yang is a middle-aged professor of Philosophy in the local Griffith University. He had found himself in a problem the moment he discovered that...
261K 8K 126
For a while now, Eddy has been feeling things for his best friend he ought not to. He's keeping it under wraps, though. Brett's his best friend, h...
12.8K 625 20
an alternate universe where brett and eddy are classmates in music college, who do not know each other a single bit, yet they fall in love with each...
134 7 3
"Hey, are you Brett? Do you guys need help?" The guy I suspected to be Brett visibly hesitated with his movements. Before he could say anything, the...