Et Nos Cedamus Amori

By twosetandbubbletea

"Let us yield to love." Brett Yang knew from the very moment he saw Eddy Chen. He knew that this was the man... More

Prologue
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX. (nsfw)
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV. (nsfw)
XXXVI. (semi-nsfw)
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX.
XL. (semi-nsfw)
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII. (semi-nsfw)
XLIV. (semi-nsfw)
XLV.
Epilogue
Author's Ending Notes

XXIII.

363 19 3
By twosetandbubbletea

"Amor gignit amorem." -Unknown

Love begets love.

The moment Brett Yang returned to Brisbane, he was met with the warm greeting of his family and of course, his friends. He was so happy and TwoSet Violin is taking off to a great direction.

As for him and Eddy, they're still trying to date. They aren't officially together, they're best friends but also more. It doesn't make sense to other people but it worked out right for them.

"Brett, you have to tell him you want more... You can't always be stuck in this in between thing." Jordon said, looking at Brett intently, trying to get his point across.

"I wil, don't worry... We'll be fine." Brett reassured, smiling at Jordon.

After all these years, he had learned how to be more open to his emotions when it comes to loving Eddy. Eddy, on the other hand, had learned how to love Brett. He was ready for everything that Brett might be, he just needs a green light from Brett.

"Be careful back home, okay?" Brett finally said to Jordon after a few moments of silence.

"Of course." Jordon said, giving Brett a short hug before letting him walk.

After the exchange, Brett walked back home. In the quiet of the Brisbane morning, he was stuck on his thoughts.

Of course I would be ready... I've always been. But is he ready?

His thoughts were cut off when the phone in his pocket was vibrating. He immediately picked up the call, smiling as the voice blooms from the other line.

"Hey," Eddy said, obviously cheerful even if Brett can't see him.

"Hey yourself. What's up?" Brett asked, smiling like an idiot while walking down the pavement.

"Meet me at my apartment. I have something to show you." Eddy said.

"Okay, I'll be there in 15." Brett replied, hanging up the phone.

The moment Brett was in Eddy's apartment, he was immediately engulfed by a hug. It was warm and short, but it made sense. It was always like this with him. Brett hugged him back, smiling like an idiot.

"You were gonna show me something?" Brett asked as they pulled away.

"Yeah, I need an opinion on something..." Eddy said nervously, but smiled at Brett anyway.

Eddy started walking to his bedroom, gesturing to the closet.

"You've always dressed nicer than me, somehow. You've always fixed yourself up nicely. There's a this wedding that I'm gonna attend. My cousin's wedding and I need something nice because I'm his best man." Eddy told Brett, looking for approval or at least a sign that Brett was listening to him.

"Well, is there a color scheme or something?" Brett asked, very concerned for his best friend's problem.

"They're going black and gold." Eddy replied, looking up at Brett as he sat on the bed.

"Well, do you mind if I go through your closet?"

"No, not really. I mean, you are helping me anyway."

With that, Brett turned around and looked through Eddy's closet. He took the slacks and blazer that was wrapped in plastic to avoid it from getting dusty. He looked for a dress shirt, preferably black. Once he reached for the folded, crisp shirt, a hoodie that was long familiar was in his eye level.

He knew this one, this was the hoodie that Toni and Eddy always shared. Brett blinked and looked away, trying to forget the memory and grabbed the shirt. He closed the doors of the closet because he can't find ties. The clothes hung around his left arm as he looked for ties.

"Hey, where are your ties?" Brett asked, looking at Eddy who's patiently waiting for him.

"They're in the drawers." Eddy said, smiling up at Brett.

"Okay, while I look for ties you should put this on." Brett instructed as he handed the clothes gently to Eddy.

Eddy stood up and took his shirt off but Brett stopped him.

"No, not here, please." Brett starte, looking away from Eddy's body.

Eddy picked up the clothes and went to his bathroom, chuckling lightly.

"You act as if you haven't seen me like this." Eddy replied while he was in the bathroom.

"It's different now... I feel like I'm breaching your privacy or something." Brett said as he was looking through the drawers for a gold tie or at least similar to gold.

"You've been in love with me for years and had seen this but you're concerned now?" Eddy asked in disbelief as he came out of the bathroom.

"Well, it's different because you're completely aware now. I don't wanna seem sus now, or like I'm taking advantage of our years worth of friendship." Brett said, facing Eddy with a tie that was in a light gold color.

Brett raised the collar of Eddy's shirt and wrapped the tie gently to a nice Windsor knot. While Brett was focused on the task, Eddy looked down on him and smiled softly. It's subtle but it's there, the look of love that Brett had always been longing for.

When Brett was finished, he looked up at Eddy with an accomplished smile. Eddy was still looking at him with the same expression of love. Eddy leaned his forehead against Brett and held Brett close to him as he closed his eyes.

"You're smiley today, aren't you?" Brett asked, smiling as he closed his eyes.

"How can I not? You're here with me even if I'm wearing a suit intended for tomorrow's wedding." Eddy replied, holding Brett tighter. "Thank you for helping me." Eddy added, kissing Brett's forehead.

"Of course. I'm always here to help." Brett whispered, hugging Eddy to hide his pinkish face.

There was a moment of silence between them. Eddy was brave enough to break it.

"Hey, I think I'm ready..." Eddy whispered to Brett.

"Of course you're ready for the wedding." Brett whispered back to him.

"I know I'm ready for the wedding. What I mean is I'm ready to be officially yours. To be your boyfriend... After I've come home from the wedding, could you live with me here?"

Brett was silent for a while, his pinkish cheeks turn red. Tears of joy filled his eyes as he nodded enthusiastically. He was so happy he could cry.

"Of course..." Brett said, smiling as he wiped his tears off his face.

They were now just stuck there, both happy.

"But you have to take off the suit. We have to iron it and hang it for you tomorrow." Brett said, moving away from the hug.

Eddy went back to the bathroom and removed the suit. He changed to his more comfortable clothes and lied down on the bed as Brett press ironed his clothes. He smiled wide, closing his eyes until he fell asleep.

When Brett was done, he had noticed that Eddy was asleep.  He hanged the clothes back on the hanger. He hung it up where Eddy would see it in the morning.

He gently sat down on the bed. He admired the sleeping man. He ran his fingers through Eddy's hair. He could feel the younger boy subconsciously lean in the touch. Still, he shook Eddy awake as he was about to leave.

"Eddy, I'm gonna leave." Brett said gently, knowing his mother is waiting for him.

"Okay..." Eddy said as he stood up to go with Brett on the door.

"I'll see you the day after?" Brett asked when they were at the door.

"Of course..." Eddy said as he hugged Brett.

He was still a bit drowsy with sleep, so he leaned a bit closer to Brett. Brett didn't mind, he supported Eddy's and his weight.

"Do you really have to go?" Eddy asked as he nuzzled his nose against Brett's neck.

"Sadly, I do... But I'll see you the day after tomorrow." Brett said, stroking Eddy's hair, giving the scalp a slight massage along the way.

When Brett opened the door, he was met with a cold breeze. Even Eddy noticed it so he grabbed the nearest zip up hoodie that was sitting on his couch. Eddy put it on Brett and smiled. Brett kissed his cheek and smiled softly.

"There you go, you wouldn't be cold anymore." Eddy said, zipping up the hoodie.

"Thanks... I'll see you soon. Tell me how the wedding goes, okay?" Brett replied, walking towards his car.

"Oh, also... Before you go, I just have to let you know something."

"Yes, what is it?"

"Toni is my date for the wedding. Is that fine?"

"Eddy, of course it is! You don't have to ask permission. I know you guys are friends. Is her boyfriend okay with it?"

"Yeah."

"Well, there's nothing wrong there." Brett said, smiling at Eddy.

"I would've taken you but you know my family..." Eddy replied, holding Brett's hand.

"It's okay, Eddy. I understand." Brett reassured. "Good night, Eddy."

"Good night, Brett." Eddy said, letting go of Brett's hand.

Brett smiled as he drove away. He was so excited to tell Alexander.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 5.1K 41
an up and coming violinist in brisbane, eddy chen seemingly has everything right where he wants it. he's got a girlfriend, amazing friends, and a dev...
7.8K 327 17
When Feng He asked Cheng Qing to live with him, he ignored all the reasons it was a bad idea. The relationship with his step-brother was already vola...
10.4K 381 18
All Rights Reserved!!! BoyxBoy, Book Two of Prison Bait Series Knowing life is too short to hold onto everything in your past, it's just...
7.5K 393 16
Brett Yang is a middle-aged professor of Philosophy in the local Griffith University. He had found himself in a problem the moment he discovered that...