Et Nos Cedamus Amori

By twosetandbubbletea

"Let us yield to love." Brett Yang knew from the very moment he saw Eddy Chen. He knew that this was the man... More

Prologue
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX. (nsfw)
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV. (nsfw)
XXXVI. (semi-nsfw)
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX.
XL. (semi-nsfw)
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII. (semi-nsfw)
XLIV. (semi-nsfw)
XLV.
Epilogue
Author's Ending Notes

XIX.

402 19 1
By twosetandbubbletea

"Audiatur et altera pars." -Aeschylus

Let us listen to the other side.

"Jordon, this may come off as a shock but I love you. I don't think I could keep it to myself anymore." Dan just blurted out suddenly, while Jordon was sitting on their couch.

"I love you too but there's Brett... I don't wanna hurt him..." Jordon said honestly, looking up from Dan who was standing up.

Dan sat down next to Jordon, mindlessly watching whatever show was on TV.

"Funny you should mention him..." 

"Why?"

"He just told me this morning to tell you what I felt. He said he always knew and he said something along the lines of 'You deserve him more than I do.' He also confessed that he still loved Eddy." Dan answered, looking forward at the television.

"Oh..." Jordon said, eyes also glued to the television.

"I'm sorry you had to find out like this..."

"It's fine, I knew it was coming... I was just trying to figure out what he meant by you deserving me more than him." Jordon admitted.

"About that, he knew who I was from my past life. It's weird how he has such intuition about these things." Dan admitted, too.

The television was droning on as their background. Nothing is spoken between them until Jordon spoke up again.

"Well, who are you from your past life?" Jordon asked.

"Well, let me introduce myself... I'm Vladimir Davydov from the past." Dan said, emphasizing the fact that he was Davydov.

The crippling silence dawned over them again. The TV served as background noise. Not necessary but it is existing. Both were glad for it right now.

Jordon felt like he wanted to cry. Maybe it was this side of Pyotr Tchaikovsky but he did want to cry. And boy, did Jordon He cry hard at the realization.

"Davydov? Aren't you my nephew from before?" Jordon asked, Tchaikovsky speaking.

"But aren't you glad that I'm not family? I'm just so happy that I don't have to be just your nephew. We don't have that limitation anymore, Tchaikovsky." Dan coaxed, but not reaching out. He was still afraid of whatever the consequences are if ever he did hold Jordon close to him.

Jordon felt the need to cling on to Dan as he felt the tears drip down. He was crying and Dan just held him close until he was ready to talk. Jordon never really realized just how touch starved he was until he was held by Dan.

Jordon was still feeling the fabric of Dan's shirt. Trying to get a grip of reality of where he is now, who he was before and what he wanted to make out of this relationship for the future. When he felt that he was done with the tears, he looked up from Dan.

"Is that really you? Do you really love me in this lifetime?" Jordon asked, still baffled by the fact that he's been living alongside of his past love for the past few years.

"It's me... I've always loved you, whether be it as Davydov or Dan. I'm completely in love with you." Dan stated, looking at the boy in his arms.

"You've loved me as Davydov? You were always so dismissive... I thought you never loved me!" Jordon exclaimed, wiping his tears with the back of his hand.

"I was just dismissive before because you were my uncle. You were ordered to kill yourself because of who you loved before! I didn't want them to have anymore leverage against you." Dan defended.

"Please just never leave me again... I think I'd actually lose my mind of you did leave me." Jordon said, holding on tighter to Dan.

"How could I? I don't wanna lose you now. I already did before, I  won't now. I assure you that Jordon. Now, I want to love Jordon and not the remnants of our past." Dan assured.

"I wanna love you too, Dan. As you are now and not as you are before. I just wanna love you, baby..." Jordon admitted for the thousandth time that day. Still, saying I love you to your soulmate never grows old.

"I just wanna love you, too..."

- - - - -

"Eddy, why don't you just break it off already? Stop acting like you're walking on eggshells... I already know that we're bound to break up." Toni confessed, looking at Eddy directly.

"Why would I break up with you? I'm perfectly happy with you..." Eddy reasoned, looking back at Toni.

"Eddy who are you to say that? Our relationship is just breaking the hearts of other people... I think it's best for us to part." Toni said, looking away from Eddy.

"Why so sudden? You don't love me anymore? There's someone else?" Eddy asked, lifting Toni's chin gently, making her look up to meet his eyes.

"You know we've always loved each other, and I still do. Just not the same way we started... There's someone. I haven't dated him yet but I think I will. I just wanted to break up from you." Toni said honestly.

Eddy was quiet for a while. He understood where Toni was coming from. It's not like he had the right to complain when he was doing the same thing. He was already in love with Brett, he wasn't exactly the most loyal boyfriend recently.

"Is he kind and will treat you better?" Eddy asked, still looking at Toni.

Toni nodded at him with a bittersweet smile.

"Well, I don't see why I shouldn't let you go... If it's the best for us to just be friends, then I don't see why we can't be just friends." Eddy said honestly, smiling at Toni.

"Thank you, Eddy. Thank you..." Toni said, wrapping her arms around Eddy's torso and hugging him tight.

"Thank you too, Toni... For everything." Eddy said, hugging her as tight.

- - - - -

"Brett, he confessed to me..." Jordon said over the phone.

"And, did it turn out well?" Brett asked, looking at his violin longingly.

"We're trying to date..." Jordon revealed.

"Oh, that's great!" Brett said excitedly.

Even if he's happy for his friends, he kinda doesn't want to be bombarded by love right now. Especially when his own love life isn't going so well. He wasn't really bitter because it was his own fault.

"Uh oh, you don't sound so well..." Jordon said, worrying over him.

"I'm fine. Just a bit tired, work and all..." Brett said.

He didn't want them to worry about him.

"You're a sly motherfucker, you know that right?" Jordon asked, you could hear the smile on his face.

"Sly motherfucker how?" Brett asked innocently, knowing exactly what he did.

"How did you even know it was Davydov?"

"I've always know when it came to other people... Haven't you felt it?" Brett asked.

"No! I was too focused on you, Mr Brett Yang..." Jordon admitted.

"Oh well... At least you know now. That's what matters, right?" Brett said with a smile.

"Thanks Brett. We really owe it to you..."

"Of course, it's no problem..." Brett replied with a smile.

"Just don't forget about yourself, okay? You're as important as we are." Jordon reminded.

"Of course! Don't worry too much about me... I'm fine." Brett coaxed.

"So, Eddy's with you?" Jordon asked again.

"No? Why would he be with me? He literally has a girlfriend back there..." Brett defended, looking at his violin and still reconsidering practice.

"Well, hate to be the one to break it to you but he doesn't have a girlfriend anymore. I heard she's talking to a new guy..." Jordon started again.

"Well, that's great news for her." Brett started.

"Why are you acting so calm? This means you have a chance on Eddy..."

"And be the rebound? No offense, Jordon but I'd rather not have a chance at him at all." Brett admitted, looking out his window now.

"Who said you had to be a rebound? You're his soulmate..." Jordon argued.

"Just because we're soulmates doesn't mean we're gonna end up together... Even my mom told me so." Brett argued back, not looking at anything in particular now.

"Is that the reason you were holding back the entire time? Because your mom told you that?" Jordon asked again, looking away with so much pity that Brett could feel it from Sydney.

"No! That's not the reason... I mean, you know when a person is out of your league. You know that they'll never see you the way you do with them. I'm only trying to avoid losing him more than I already did. Seeing as he didn't tell me about his breakup, maybe I'm failing." Brett defended, lying down on his bed and closing his eyes.

"Oh, Brett..." Jordon said, pity echoing across his voice.

"No, it's fine. I'm sure you get it, yeah?" Brett dismissed, he doesn't want to talk about it now.

"Yeah..."

With that, Brett hung up. He's more confused than before.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 3.1K 21
Will Brett ever manage to say the R word??? But just as importantly, will he have the courage to be true to himself and to his feelings? Enjoy readin...
91.5K 2.9K 18
For Eddy, his friendship with Brett is irreplaceable. He can't ever risk losing something that important, whether his own stupid selfish feelings hav...
84.6K 4.5K 28
brett yang did not belong in prison. shy, sweet, and absolutely terrified, he wasn't anything like the other men in the place. he planned to do his t...
28.5K 1.3K 17
Gonna be a sad one. Imma apologize beforehand. Some Breddy angst stuff and uh maybe some fluff but Idk yet //trigger warning for suicide/self harm/de...