Et Nos Cedamus Amori

Por twosetandbubbletea

"Let us yield to love." Brett Yang knew from the very moment he saw Eddy Chen. He knew that this was the man... Mais

Prologue
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX. (nsfw)
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV. (nsfw)
XXXVI. (semi-nsfw)
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX.
XL. (semi-nsfw)
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII. (semi-nsfw)
XLIV. (semi-nsfw)
XLV.
Epilogue
Author's Ending Notes

XV.

405 16 5
Por twosetandbubbletea

"Tempus edax rerum." -Ovid

Time devours everything.

"You have to tell him, Jordon. You can't always stay like this forever. It's either he knows it or he'll never." Dan said, looking at his best friend.

"I will tell him. Calm down... I'm gonna tell him when I'm ready." Jordon replied, but Dan could see through him.

"I know you're ready to tell him Jordon, your soul is practically begging at you... You just think he isn't ready to hear it." Dan argued, still looking at his best friend.

"He isn't! I know he isn't." Jordon said pitifully, looking far from his friend.

"When will he be ready? Jordon, if you're waiting for his feelings to fade for Eddy, then I'm afraid he's not gonna be ready up until his death." Dan stated firmly, not looking at his friend anymore.

"What should I do then, Dan? I don't think I could bear it anymore..."

"You should just tell him regardless. I mean, if he doesn't see that someone else could love him, he will never move on from Eddy." Dan responded, continuing on. "It's not a sure thing but at least you let him know. Release is the key to ease most times."

"You might be right... How will I tell him, though?"

"You just do. It's not something to prepare for. It's just something you do out of the blue sometimes."

"Thanks Dan. Somehow, you always know what to say." Jordon said, staring at his friend with a great smile that seem to light up the room.

"Hey, it's a perk of being honest..."

- - - - -

"You're about to leave for Sydney, huh?" Eddy asked, looking at his friend.

"Well, not yet... I'm doing this first violin job at Queensland Orchestra for a year then I'll leave for the Sydney fellowship." Brett clarified, looking back at his friend as he took a sip of his water.

"Bro, you should have just gone to Sydney earlier. What's the point of staying here if you're already at the fellowship?"

I can't leave. Not yet, Eddy. I don't want you to forget me the moment I leave for Sydney. Sydney means a new start and I can't start new if I haven't told you my feelings yet and you haven't rejected me yet.

"I like home, still... It's not easy to leave a life you've already established half of your life. A year is just a way to let go of the little things in order to get used to a new life. I mean, I'm ready to leave if it means better opportunities for my career, but home is still home." Brett said, mind quite distant from where they really were at the moment.

Eddy was shocked at the statement but at the same time he understood. He knew so well that it's rare for his friend to open up so he listened. Eddy always saw the sides of Brett and knew this side would come out one way or the other.

"I know it's not easy to take risks and all that but this is a sure thing. Home is a sure thing. You could leave it for years and return to it and home will accept you with open arms. No matter how much you think you want to get away from all of this, you just can't. Home will always hold such significance in our lives that sometimes we don't realize we've lost a home while focusing on the daily things that aren't important." Brett added, looking far from Eddy.

"When it comes crashing down, we feel so hopeless. We could have avoided it by looking at home with a bit more depth. Treat home as intangible experiences or connections with people and simply not a tangible house." Brett added again, knowing well who he is talking about.

Eddy, I can't lose you. Believe me... Even if better things comes and I accept them, I always want you with me.

"You've really thought about this, huh?" Eddy asked, no malice nor teasing present in his voice, simply curious.

"I've just reflected on things lately. Realizing how nice it really is here..." Brett said, still vague enough to let Eddy know about what he truly feels.

"How are things with you lately?" Brett asked.

"Well me? I can't wait to graduate too. I've been doing fine and I'm glad for Toni for helping me through stress and all. Especially coming from that wheelchair and recovering." Eddy said, knowing exactly why Brett was asking.

"I'm glad you have Toni, then."

"Oh God bro, me too. I'm so thankful for her everyday, she always helped me with everything. I'm more than grateful for her. I'm just happy that she loves me back too. I'm sure she's my soulmate. Especially with the dreams that we both share together." Eddy said, smiling at the thought of those dreams.

"That's amazing. So, you guys really are soulmates..." Brett said, not knowing how the tone of his voice came out. "And dreams? What type of dreams?" Brett added.

"Well, the dream that we both had in common as of now was the wedding. She was in white and the piece she was walking down the aisle with was the spring sonata by Beethoven. A dream I had that was just mine was the moment we had children. I was so happy there, with her." Eddy said, smiling at the dreams.

Brett suddenly felt weird at the mention of Eddy's wedding. He knew that he dreamt of it, too. It was a pain that Brett didn't want to experience again so he's being happy for his best friend's relationship. She was good for him, Brett had no doubts about that.

The moment that the church doors open and the bride walks in, everyone has their eyes on the bride. Except Brett, in any wedding ceremony, he looks at the groom. So, he can safely say that it is not just because of Edward Chen. He only has one reasoning.

It is because of the fact that it is already given that the bride will be beautiful at any cost. He looks at the grooms because you can see the love grow on their faces the moment the bride is walking towards them. It makes Brett Yang's heart and soul melt.

So, Brett observed the love of his life slowly fall into the arms of someone better and greater of a lover that he ever was. This might be his exception because his heart is breaking as he watched all this unfold. The love of his heart and life is getting married to someone else. Edward Chen is in love with Irene Leung.

Edward Chen never loved Brett Yang.

The couple was finally united and Brett could see the little smile they exchanged with each other. The ceremony starts and Brett knows that he does not want to hear their vows. It will only break him in uneven pieces that he will never pick up and mend again. Still, he put on his face that made it seem like he was unbreakable.

Brett could feel like he could breathe again the moment that they were at the wedding reception. The newlywed couple was finished with their first dance, it was time for the others to dance. Brett invited Belle for a dance since they were both the maid of honor and the best man. They went to the dance floor hand in hand.

"Brett, I know that you love my brother." Belle started, no hesitation present in her voice.

"Of course I love him, he is my brother-in-law and he is an excellent violinist." Brett said in the same tone of voice.

"We both know that I meant that as a lover." Belle added.

"It does not matter now... You can see that he is very happy with her. I am happy for him, too. All of that has to be left in the past." Brett said, glancing at the couple.

"Look Brett, I just want to say that I am deeply sorry on his behalf since he did not apologize. I did not know that he did all that just until a few months ago... It was harsh of him to do so. Using you like that... He did not and does not deserve you." Brett sympathetically said, smiling sadly at Brett.

"Need not to apologize, Belle. It is not your fault. I have forgiven him, too. You do not have to bring your brother down, he is still your brother. Besides, it might be the other way around. I may have not deserved him." Brett stated.

"Do not convince me otherwise. He does not deserve the greatness of a man like you."

"I would argue because it is the man I love, you are speaking of. He is happy now and the damage had already been done. I have forgiven him with all my heart even if he did not ask for forgiveness."

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

105K 2.3K 73
You don't kiss your best friend on the neck and have them weak by the time it's over. It's funny like that, isn't it? You do all these things and I a...
84.6K 4.5K 28
brett yang did not belong in prison. shy, sweet, and absolutely terrified, he wasn't anything like the other men in the place. he planned to do his t...
25.1K 1.3K 101
What is Eddy, a shy introvert musician like himself, going to do with his crush for a playboy like Brett? And what is his story behind his attitude...
134 7 3
"Hey, are you Brett? Do you guys need help?" The guy I suspected to be Brett visibly hesitated with his movements. Before he could say anything, the...