Fire, Blood and Stars

By natsu_uzamaki

Natsu is raised by Fire Dragon Igneel, and Blood Dragon Sanguinia. He has some knowledge of other forms, but... More

A Word From The Author
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Updated Updating Schedule
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Interlude: New Year's Special
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
EXAMS OVER- GOOD AND BAD NEWS UPDATE
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Illness and Q/A Announcement
Chapter 40

Chapter 30

1.2K 33 6
By natsu_uzamaki

It was a pretty normal day in the guild. The Fairy Tail guild, that is. Yes, Jose had been tied to a table, and yes, they were scaring him into unconsciousness every time he woke up. Also, yes, they were in the process of recruiting Gajeel, who was torn between his two goals of having a guild and of staying far, far away from Natsu. And yes, Erza wasn't there, Natsu wasn't there, Lucy wasn't there, and Happy was there, but quite battered. Gray wasn't there either, he was roaming Magnolia with his newfound fan.

Okay, so maybe it wasn't such a normal day at all.

But it was a pretty normal day in the guild. The Bloody Fang guild, that is. Well, not exactly. Samael was coming back from a job after a considerable amount of time.

"Oi, Sam! How far is your body?" Rueben asked the decapitated head.

"Just a few more minutes, Rueben. Relax, will you?" replied the head.

Elizabeth bent down to the head's level and asked in a perverted manner, "So, did you run into any trouble?"

The head shook itself. "You're just asking whether I'm going to be shirtless when I come in, right?"

Elizabeth looked affronted. "What? No! I was just asking about your well-being."

The head sighed. "Liz, first of all, I am a vampire, there is nothing that can hurt me. Second of all, you know I'm effectively immortal if my head isn't attached to my body. So the only reason you could be asking this would be if you had a camera badly hidden", Liz's hands immediately went under her skirt to the camera as she frowned, "and wanted to take a picture of me shirtless."

"Okay, okay, fine! Are you shirtless or not?"

"Well, I was, but now I'm gonna go to Forever 21 and get a shirt."

Liz stood up wordlessly and went to the door.

"Where are you going?" asked Helena in her slightly upper crust, aristocratic, cold voice. Both Liz and Beth felt that she would make an amazing dominatrix.

Elizabeth was Liz and Lisbeth was Beth.

"To burn down the store before he gets there."

"Dammit Liz! It took us months to find Forever 21! Do you know how many weeks I had to stay shirtless after you burned down Hot Topic?" asked Soren.

"Two weeks and three days in one go", said Maria promptly, looking proud.

"Seven weeks and five days in total", added Rumia, licking her lips.

"Dammit you two, get off me!"

Liz laughed. "Oh, right, I remember that! Remember how shy Beth was?"

"I know right!", said Samael's head. "She kept the same shirt on and refused to go on any jobs to keep it in one piece. You'd almost think there was someone she felt embarrassed in front of." The last part was said with a suggestive eyeroll, and Beth shrunk into herself, holding her knees to her chest.

"Oh, shut it, you two", said Helena as she put an arm around Beth's shoulders and mussed her blue hair. "Don't listen to them, Beth. I thought it was adorable."

Lisbeth squeaked and went red very, very slowly.

"My body's here!", said the head, excitedly. Everyone immediately covered their ears as the door blasted open. A headless body walked in, looking quite funny. He had on a pair of torn and dirty pants, but his shirt was obviously new. It had Forever 21 written on it in capital letters.

The body walked up to the head and placed it on his neck. His eyes opened and he grinned.

"I forgot how good that felt. It's been too long!" He looked at Liz and smirked as she pouted. "I would have come shirtless, but I'm not an exhibitionist."

Liz crossed her arms around her chest. "You're a pervert."

"And why do you think so?"

"The camera which you saw was hidden under my skirt, pervert."

"I saw you holding it, I didn't know where you hid it!"

Robin looked up at him from her table with a deadpan expression. "You know that I can read your thoughts, right? I know you're lying."

"And how did that ability work out for you when Jude was here yesterday?"

Robin glared. "Well, he was planning to kill us all, except me. He wanted to keep me as a slave-"

"Understandable", Liz nodded.

"- because I look like his daughter."

Beth threw up.

"Hey, Vlad, we're killing him after the job is done, right?" asked Soren, as Helena took a still-retching and embarrassed Beth to the bathroom upstairs to get her cleaned up and Rowena came to wipe the table.

Vlad looked up.

Vlad was a different type of guild leader. He kept up a façade of keeping up a façade, that is, everyone believed that he kept up his cold demeanor in front of others, and all of them believed that they were the only ones he showed his true vulnerability to.

That way, he got the respect befitting of a guild master while simultaneously having good, healthy relationships with everyone.

"Yes, we are", he said softly. "Planning to harm my guild members is not something I take lightly. But we are doing the job first, for the sake of my pet project Natsu."

Samael raised an imaginary bottle in the air as a cheer. "That's great! Now I need a drink."

Rowena went to a woman on the wall with a knife and a glass.

"Rowena, can I have it from the source today? I need the live blood."

Rowena shrugged, putting the knife down. "Sure, you can. But don't kill her, because I am not going to bring any more until the month is over. Is that clear?"

Sam rubbed the back of his neck. "What if I go hunting next month?"

"Oh, fine. Go wild then, I guess."

When a person vomits, it is generally not a pretty sight. With a vampire, that's doubly true, because the only thing they have (and by extent throw up) is blood.

Lisbeth was reminded of this as she retched into the toilet, aware of the hands that held her hair out of her face while simultaneously doing something in the basin. Then the sound of the tap stopped, and Helena laid a wet cloth against her neck.

"Feeling better?" Helena asked her as she stopped retching.

"Yes", Beth gasped. "Thank you. I'm sorry for- it's just that-"

"Shh. It's okay. I know. He's gone, Beth. He won't ever touch you again."

A lecture into vampire genealogy seems appropriate at this point.

Vampires don't have magic, per se. They have powers that they cultivate. They begin with one, and grow to get more. These are completely random. Vlad, having five powers, was the strongest vampire alive.

For example, Robin could read minds, and she also had incredibly sharp senses. They were her two powers. Samael could separate his body from his head, but that cost him a heavy amount of power. He was immortal, though, as long as his head remained fine. That was his first power. Before gaining his second power, the energy he lost would remain lost, but now he regained the power upon rejoining with his body.

Once, the Bloody Fang guild had had someone who could turn others into vampires, which was commonly mistaken as an ability all vampires had. His name was Theodore, and there had always been something wrong about him.

He had turned Beth and introduced her to the guild. As a second-generation vampire, she hadn't had any unique powers to start with, although they didn't know that she wasn't originally a vampire. They hadn't realized what was wrong until, after a few months, they had walked in on him abusing her.

Flashback

"Theodore, you have one chance to explain yourself before I split you in half. What. Is. Going. On?" asked Vlad, shivering with barely suppressed anger.

"Aww, c'mon, don't be mad! She doesn't even have any powers, can she really be called a full vampire?"

"Answer the question. Why? You're a vampire, you have a natural charm, you can't expect me to believe you have trouble getting laid! Even if you're looking for a power fantasy, we literally have people hung up on the walls. Why the hell would you do this to a fellow guild member?!"

Theodore shrugged. "She looks like my dead sister."

Vlad froze for a moment. "I hate to ask this, but were you the one to kill her?"

"What?! No!" Theodore looked affronted. "She jumped out of the window herself after I had her cornered!"

Then he died.

It had taken weeks for Beth to talk to them. It had taken even longer for her to say that she was a second generation vampire. Apparently, she had been told that she would be killed if they had known that.

Vampires aren't weak without powers. They all have control over blood, and increase their power a lot when they drink from a live source. Beth, having no other power, was the most proficient in blood magic.

Yes, that had happened centuries ago, so most of it had been dealt with, but these things have a permanent effect. She was just a bit more easily spooked than the others, and she liked girls. In that way. Vampires had no prejudices, though. If you live forever, why not live the way you want?

"I'm taking your shirt off, okay?"

Oh, and Beth was shy. Very shy. Did I mention she was shy?

"Wh-what?" Beth squeaked, looking at Helena, who smiled gently at her.

"Your shirt. It's got vomit on it, so I'm taking it off. Okay?"

"O-oh."

After getting Beth cleaned up (during which she had stood stock still, her face red. Helena had thankfully not commented), she gave Beth one of her shirts and came downstairs.

"Helena, she's wearing your shirt", yelled Robin, laughing. Soren wolf-whistled. Helena simply pointed two fingers at both of them and made them fall over with her mind.

"What?" asked Soren as he (and by extension his two fangirls) got back up. "It's nice that she's finally embraced her feelings and whatnot."

Beth started stuttering. "Uh, um, that, I-"

"Oh, don't tease the poor girl, Ren", said Liz as she stood in front of him, bending to his head level. One of her hands sneakily attempted to go under his shirt, but both Maria and Rumia caught it at the same time, glaring at her in the scary way only a fangirl can.

"Ours", they hissed. Liz backed away with a gesture of surrender.

"Jeez, Rennie, how d'you deal with them?"

Soren shrugged. "Firstly, don't call me Rennie. Secondly, well, they're better now. At least they're working together. Earlier they wanted to kill each other. Also, I guess they're, uh, not too bad to have around?"

As Maria squealed, and everybody laughed at Soren's why-did-I-say-that expression, and Helena put her arm around Beth, Vlad smiled softly.

It wasn't a normal day by any means, but normal was overrated anyway.

A/N If anyone has a problem with the lesbian pairing, there is an X symbol at the top right corner of the screen. Press that. I will NOT tolerate homophobia.

This was a sort of filler chapter, but explaining the powers and genealogy and backstories of the vampires. If you liked it, Vote, Comment and Follow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.5K 1.7K 43
-COMPLETED | Dec 31, 2019- BOOK 1 High-school student Lucy Heartfilia doesn't expect life to change much when she moves from sunny Clovertown...
54.2K 1.6K 14
Ever since Cheryll Erisan, Natsu's old best friend came back from the 'dead' A certain stellar mage has been being ignored by everyone and was being...
79.4K 1.8K 20
You are a fire mage with unusual fire magic. You make the fire take shape and smell and taste like different things. (For example you can make a fire...
17.4K 253 13
After Lucy doesn't go on a job with Natsu, later he finds a guy kissing her. Upset he leaves. He doesn't get why his heart hurts and goes away on a m...