Bumps In The Road / Paul Laho...

By veemarc

Kira West is a powerful witch with a strong bloodline. A tragic event in Kira's tween years instigated a shif... More

Bumps In The Road -Paul Imprint Story-
1. First Day
2. Hostile Introductions
3. Catch Ups
4. Fiery Rage
5. Stirring Tension
6. Stern Discussions
7. Soft Spots
8. Revelations
9. Boiling Point
10. Send Me Back For All I Care
11. Fooled Me Twice
12. Ignorance Isn't Always Bliss
13. Seeking Redemption
14. End The Inevitable
15. BBQ Jealousy
16. An Infliction
17. The Aftermath
18. Bonfire Drama
19. Messed Up
20. Tracker
21. The Proposals
22. Breaking the Spell
23. Unnerved
24. Sneaking Around
25. Potential Progress
26. Deep Suspicions
27. I Need Space
28. Cheek Not Lip
29. You Too?
30. The Party and The Confessions
31. The Aftermath
32. The Battle
33. Girls Day Out
34. The Cabin and A Big Question
35. Home Sweet Home
36. Talk Dirty To Me
37. Have To Love A Surprise
38. He Needs To Phase
39. The Wedding I
40. The Wedding II
41. Dissappeared
42. The Phone Call
43. Taken To a Foreign Land
44. The Anxious Wave
45. Getting Her Back
46. Rumours
47. Interruptions
48. She's Here
49. The Huntress
50. Letters To Me
51. Her Past
52. Let's Go To The Cliff

Epilogue

8.3K 172 70
By veemarc

Epilogue

- 7 YEARS LATER -

Kira's POV

A sudden buzz pulled me out of my beautiful dream, that I couldn't quite remember when I woke up, but I did try to grasp it before the buzzing provoked it to fade away. Growing impatient with the annoying sound, I slapped my hand over the snooze button and rubbed my eyes tiredly, the dream now faded and forgotten. Paul groaned behind me and stirred, releasing a throaty groan. I looked over my shoulder and cracked a smile at his sleeping form. I hauled my legs off the bed and practically stumbled into the bathroom preparing myself for the day. After having a shower and applying make-up I walked out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom to see Paul sitting on the edge of the bed, rubbing the back of his neck tiredly.

"G'morning" I greeted and walked over to the drawers, pulling a necklace off of the jewellery stand at the top.

"Morning angel" He replied and stood up from the bed, walking over to me. I pulled my hair over the necklace and stood on my tip toes, pecking his lips as he passed. He walked into the bathroom to do his business and my heart squeezed at his tired state. A vampire had run through the land the previous night, so Sam had doubled the patrol and Paul paid the price for it this morning as he missed a few hours of sleep. I followed him into the bathroom just as he closed the toilet seat. 

"You should go back to sleep, Paul, you look exhausted" I advised and rested my hip against the sink as he washed his hands and then bent down to wash his face. He shook his head.

"Nah, I'll be right" He shrugged off. He dried his face and glanced at his appearance in the mirror. I frowned completely unconvinced and approached him, lifting my hands to his cheeks to pull his attention to me. 

"Are you sure?" I asked, swiping my thumbs under his eyes gently. He looked at me and grinned, wrapping his arms around my torso and pulling me against his chest into a hug. I folded my arms over his shoulders and around his neck, scratching it lightly as he hummed.

"I'm positive" He mumbled into my neck. I smiled.

"Okay." He kissed my shoulder and then pulled back, pressing his lips against mine to reassure me. He pulled back and pecked my lips once more.

A sudden soft knock on the door pulled us apart. We exchanged a glance and Paul smiled as he walked up to the door and opened it, revealing our six-year-old daughter, Serena. She looked up at Paul and then looked over at me with a pout, before dragging her feet forward and wrapping her little arms around Paul's legs.

"I'm tired" She complained into his knees. I smiled and walked next to Paul and ruffled her hair.

"You have school though, Serena" I reminded her, softly. She groaned and squeezed Paul's legs tighter. I glanced at Paul and the adoration in his eyes as he looked at his daughter filled my stomach with butterflies.

"Can you make me the special toast, mummy?" She asked, looking up at me with an irresistible pout.

"What's the magic word?" Paul asked, softly.

"Please!" I chuckled and nodded.

"Of course, come on, let's make your bed first" I said taking her hand and leading her back to her room. As I did I looked over my shoulder and smiled at Paul who watched us walk off.

After making her bed we went into the kitchen and prepared the 'special toast', which was just French toast, and we made some breakfast for Paul as well. Shortly afterwards, Paul and our four-year-old son, Loki, walked out of the hallway and into the dining area. Loki rubbed his eyes and gave me a toothy grin. Serena sat down at the table as I placed the plate of toast in front of her and knelt down. Loki ran up to me, wrapping his arms tightly around my neck.

"Good morning, mummy!" His muffled greeting filled my ear. I let out a laugh and tickled his back.

"Good morning, Loki, do you want some special toast as well?" I asked and he nodded eagerly. I laughed and Paul walked up to us and lifted him up above his head, making a sound that he thought resembled a spaceship and placed his gently in his high-chair. Loki giggled as he was thrown into the air and caught with ease.

Once Serena finished her breakfast and brushed her teeth she was ready to be put into her school clothes. Once she was all ready, she sat on the couch watching cartoons. Paul helped get Loki ready for pre-school.

"Let's go everyone!" Paul called out. Serena and Loki ran up to him raising their arms. He picked them both up with ease and carried them out of the door and to the car. I laughed and collected their bags and followed. After they got in their seats, their bags were in the boot and the house had been locked up, we were off to drop Serena at school. We parked the car and got out. I held Serena's soft hand as we walked into the school yard, whilst Paul carried Loki behind us.

"Paige!" Serena called out with a wide grin. She let go of my hand and ran off into a group of girls.

"Serena!" I called back. She looked over at us and ran back.

"Yes, mum" She said quickly, probably in a rush to get back to her friends.

"Do you remember what I told you?" I asked quietly. Paul stood behind me as I knelt down to her height. She nodded knowing immediately what I was talking about.

"I promise I won't play with the water, mummy" She said quietly, and I felt the disappointment in her. So far, we had discovered that Serena possessed a lot more genetics than the colour of my hair, which meant she had powers. Her power, which we discovered last year when we were at the beach with the rest of the pack, was the element of water and we assumed it's connected to my element of fire. She can move the water to the direction of her hand and can pull small particles out of larger portions of water, though it isn't very advanced yet due to her young age.

Last winter -after she'd received her power- we were walking to the car when a boy ran passed her and splashed her with water, dirtying her favourite dress. I remember the look of anger-a trait she received from her father- on her face as she processed the situation, while the boy stopped and laughed at her. I didn't know what to say because I was still shocked he did that with me around, her parent and just as I was about to comfort Serena she swung her arm towards him (which I initially thought was a punch) and a large majority of the water was flung out of the puddle, drenching the boy from head to toe. I gasped and pulled Serena to my side in an instant, looking around to see if anyone had seen her. Not many other parents were around, since we were out of the main car park but there were a few around, distracted by getting their children in the car. I tugged on Serena's hand as I pulled her to the car and raced home quickly, without looking back.

I quickly dragged Serena into the house and shut the door behind me hastily. Paul came out of the hallway with a frown at my panicked state. I had kept silent in the car and just focused on getting home, which had confused Serena as she asked questions from the back seat.

"What happened?" Paul asked, walking up to us and wrapped his arm around my shoulders to focus my attention on him.

"I-I don't know" Serena stammered, a little scared herself. Paul glanced down at her and back at me.

"Serena, you can't do that" I said, running my fingers through my hair with worry, shock and also sadness. I was hoping she wouldn't get my genetics, but I was stupid to think that.

"What happened?" Paul asked, firmer this time, as though he was demanding for an explanation.

"A boy splashed me with water, so I splashed him back" She said quietly. Paul looked at me with a frown, confused.

"She used her powers to drench the kid back" I muttered quietly. Paul's eyes widened and he shook his head and knelt down in front of her.

"Serena, sweet heart, please tell me you didn't use your magic" He questioned, kneeling down. She nodded.

"I-I didn't mean to. He is so stupid and I wanted to splash him back" She muttered quietly. Oh, how she sounded like her father.

"Serena, honey, you can't do that. Please never, ever do that again" He said and pulled her into his chest, but looked up at me with worried eyes. We were afraid someone had seen her.

"Thank you, sweetie, and tonight at home we can practice. I'll even practice with you, okay?" I asked and she instantly smiled with a nod. She hugged me and then said bye to her dad before running back to her friends.

"Come on" Paul ushered and we walked back to car. We dropped Loki off at pre-school and he happily ran off with his friends. He hadn't developed any of my genetics yet, which meant that he could possibly be a shape shifter. I watched as he ran off laughing and smiling, a smile appearing on my own face. I felt a warm hand interlock with mine and squeezed it. I felt Paul gently pulling me towards the exit and, eventually, I followed him, by his side.

"Emily and Sam are having another brunch, do you want to go?" Paul asked as we drove down the road. I turned to him and nodded.

"Yeah that sounds fine," I agreed, "I know we've talked about it before...but should we bind Serena's powers? Like my brother did" I asked. We had discussed the topic while I was pregnant, and then when she was born, and then when she was three. In fact we talked about it a lot and we got into a few arguments about it sometimes, but we got tired of fighting about it so we just...talked passionately. The problem was that we saw both sides, one side was that we should bind her powers because she is too young, whilst on the other hand we thought that we should let her embrace it and just teach her how to control it. Along the way we'd change our minds and the discussions were always different.

"She seems to be getting it, I don't see why we should" He shook his head. I nodded in agreement; remembering our 'training' deal.

"I'm just worried she'll accidentally use it" I admitted, chewing on my lip worriedly. He looked over at me and I felt every fiber in him soften. He brought one hand in my lap and found my hand, lacing our fingers together.

"If she does, we'll deal with it then, I promise we'll be fine" He assured me and then brought my hand to his lips, kissing it. He moved our hands back into my lap and let them rest there.

We drove up the familiar driveway that belonged to Emily Uley. A few bicycles were placed around the front yard and Paul was cautious not to run any of them over. We watched as Sam jogged out of the house and waved at us with a grin. He must have noticed the bikes and quickly ran around the front yard picking them up. Paul switched the car off and we got out.

"Hey guys, sorry about the bikes, I asked those kids to bring them in, but they never listen" He rolled his eyes, but on the inside utter happiness coursed throughout him. I smiled and met up with Paul by the back bumper of our car. After greeting Sam we went inside to see some of the other imprints and Emily running around the kitchen.

"Hello! Paul, the guys are watching the game in the living room." Paul nodded and called out thanks. He quickly greeted all the girls first, out of respect, and then went into the living room.

In the kitchen Emily prepared lots of food with Jacob's imprint, Alexa, and Jared's imprint, Kim. I greeted the other girls who sat around the table which was Seth's imprint, Rosie, Embry's imprint, Kaylah and Collin's imprint, Tyra (the imprint that refused the bond for the longest and once they were together for a year they ended up eloping in Vegas, which I don't know how). Leah sat at the table as well and I assumed her imprint was in the other room with the guys. She imprinted on her new neighbour, which I thought was cute, and helped her get over Sam slowly. Most of the younger wolves that had imprints were at school still and some were even in college. Brady's imprint was in college in San Francisco, which kills Brady, and Quil's imprint, Claire, is on the neighbouring reservation attending high school.

I popped my head into the living room and greeted the guys. I offered help in the kitchen but was told to sit down and enjoy the snacks by Emily, who worked the kitchen like a pro.

It turned out to be like any other meal at the Uley's. Both packs (Sam and Jacob) united and enjoying themselves (kid free). We found ourselves doing these luncheons often, especially while the kids are at school or at their grandparents. Emily and Sam have four kids (two girls who are twins and two boys) at the moment, ranging from the ages of four to seven, and today I noticed something off about Emily, so I'm not sure if they're trying again, or what.

Kim and Jared have two little girls who are just like their mother. Jacob and Alexa have a child, but are taking things a little slower then some of us. Embry and Kaylah have triplets (which was the seed of the joke about Embry have strong sperm). 

The others are taking their time, I think, which is fine, though we suspect that Seth and Rosie are next, or Leah and Matt are next. All of us are married to our imprints, except for Brady (they're engaged) and Claire and Quil (since Claire is only eleven).

Suddenly I noticed something happen to Tyra and she quickly excused herself to go to the bathroom. After a few minutes Collin went to check up in her, only to return telling me and Rosie that she wanted to see us. We excused ourselves also and went up to the bathroom door. I looked at Rosie, who's a kind and quiet girl, then knocked on the door.

"Tyra, it's Kira and Rosie" I said. The door opened and the scent of the bathroom spray filled my nostrils. I frowned and walked up to Tyra placing my hand on her stomach, feeling something off. Under my hand I felt tiny microcells growing. She looked down at me with her brows knitted together. I looked back up at her and took a step back, closing the door.

"Am I?" I nodded and she gasped.

"But-I-shit" She mumbled. Rosie and I chuckled. I noticed Tyra quickly grasp the bench and lean her weight against it. Tyra fell to the floor with a loud thump, luckily not hitting her head on the way down. Rosie and I looked at each other with wide eyes and then rushed to help Tyra. The door burst open, Collin standing there with his nostrils flaring. He looked at Tyra and instantly ran forward. Following from previous experiences, I stood back-as did Rosie-and allowed Collin to take control of the situation. Collin picked her up and walked out of the bathroom, passing the kitchen and putting her in the living room on the couch. We got a cool towel and gently dabbed her forehead.

Within five minutes she groaned and opened her eyes.

"What happened?" She mumbled groggily. At this stage Paul was in the living room with me, as was Rosie and Seth. Collin was kneeling beside her and rested his head against her forehead with a sigh of relief.

"You fainted" he said. Her brows momentarily knitted together in thought before her eyes widened and her hand flew to her stomach. She looked at me and panic ran through her for a moment. I nodded at her with a smile reassuring that everything was okay with the foetus.

"Collin," she said taking a deep breath, "I think I'm pregnant."

"Actually she is, there is a strong foetus in there, congratulations" I assured the couple. Seth and Paul grinned at the couple and shared their 'congratulations' as well, before we left the happy couple to celebrate quietly.

They made their announcement to the group shortly afterwards and we all congratulated them. After helping Emily clean up, we said goodbye to everyone and left. Since there was still an hour until we had to pick Loki up from pre-school, we decided to go for a walk to the beach. As we walked out of the house Paul laced his fingers through mine.

"Wanna know something?" he asked with a smirk, the mischievous kind as well. I knew I was gonna regret this.

"What?" I asked.

"Leah and Matt are making out a little passed the tree line" he chuckled. I laughed and whacked his chest.

"Paul!" I scolded. "Wait, you can hear?" He nodded.

"My ears are still in very good condition thank you" he said playfully picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder. I laughed as he ran onto the quiet road and placed me back on the ground. We talked on the way to the beach just enjoying each others company. We walked along the sandy shore and up to our usual bonfire location where we sat in front of a log. I sat in between his legs, with his arms wrapped around my waist. I closed my eyes relaxing to the sound of the water crash against the shore.

It seems each day, week, month and year our bond just expands. I hold two unconditional loves and that is, one, for my children, and, two, for Paul. I do feel like, sometimes, the imprint and supernatural bond intensifies it more then an average human relationship. Since meeting him when I was sixteen I found my life spiral out of control.

"Hey" Paul said.

"Hi" I said. I looked deep into his eyes when suddenly I felt a pull. My heart pulled towards him. I had to sustain myself from not pouncing on him. This is a weird feeling. I don't necessarily like it. Suddenly Paul's face darkened.

"You ruined my freedom! Thanks a lot!"

We laugh about our first meeting, now. Paul, long ago, apologized for his hostile behavior and explained to me about having to adjust to 'one girl'. Which was apparently hard at the time due to his horrible habits? I roll my eyes every time. I remember the way we connected after I was kidnapped by Hilary. All of the horrible moments that seemed to lead to a, somewhat, perfect moment ...that is until she rudely interrupted it.

"Much better". I threw the top in the corner and look at my reflection. Lucky it wasn't my favorite top. I made sure Paul's shirt was long enough to cover everything. It did, it was just like wearing short shorts.

Suddenly two strong, warm arms wrapped around my waist and I felt him rest his head on my shoulder. I turned my head and kissed his cheek. I smiled as he kissed the crook of my neck. I turned around so we were facing each other. I stood on my tip toes and planted a kiss on his lips.

"Saving the princess, the prince gets a kiss" he smirks making me chuckle.

"Cheesy much" I smile.

"Just for you" he smiled leaning down to kiss me again.

Then more events after that piled over each other, with Will arriving and messing up the connection Paul and I had made. Though, I'll admit, that was my fault because I devoted a lot of my time on Will. Then when Hilary came back a second time as a vampire (along with one of her jock friends, Rick-who is doing amazing to this day with his girlfriend Monique who ended up being turned and is doing very well) and took me again and also stabbed me. After going to Carlisle I was kept company by Paul only to find out that I was going back to Australia. I remember the disappointment and sad look his eyes reflected into mine. Don't get me started on his internal emotions.

Then I returned with Ryan, who ended up being the warlock in disguise.

"Wait Kira" Ryder said, interrupting my thoughts.

"What?" I ask, exasperated as I turned to face him.

"Show her" Ryder demanded, looking at Ryan.

"Smart one" Ryan observed with a grin, confusing me further.

"Wait what?" I asked looking from Ryder to Ryan, until I saw Ryan shape-shift into someone else.

"It wasn't Ryan, it was an impostor" Ryder said shaking his head with irritation and glaring at the warlock.

Then there was the big scenario with coming back from saving Ryan with utter exhaustion. That led to me and Paul growing closer, until my mother returned to La Push to check up on me. Of course, with my luck, she walked in on a heated scene between me and Paul. Then mother tried to break us up-which didn't work very well on her part.

"I'm not playing around with the boys, Paul's my boyfriend" I told her glaring at the landscape in front of us.

"Well, now that you brought up Paul...I don't want you to see him anymore" she said. I began to laugh. Was she serious? I couldn't do that. I couldn't do that to Paul. The imprint pain would be too much 'n

"That's funny, but it's not the first of April, ma" I said chuckling.

"Good, because I was very serious. No nineteen year old is that size which means only one thing. He does drugs" she said coming to the conclusion that she knew what was going on.

"He doesn't do drugs, he just works out". In a supernatural way, I add in my head.

"How do you know that?" She challenges shifting so she is facing me.

"Because I know him and he isn't doing drugs" I tell her.

"He's also three years older".

"Dad was four years old than you" I remark glaring back at her.

"Not the point. What I walked in is something I don't want to see ever again. He's older than you, he's more confident and he'll be very forward. I don't want him to force you into something you don't want to do" she said in a motherly tone.

That warning didn't sink in very well since I went to his house afterwards. We went through that horrible stage and somehow pulled through. But now that that challenge was out of the way we were faced with a new one, the Newborn (Vampire) Battle. I remember being so mad at Paul when I found out that he was going behind my back to training sessions, that I went off with Jacob and refused to speak to Paul. That was horrible stage of our relationship. Then Jacob began to 'grow feelings' for me and that started a feud between the boys because I was Paul's imprint.

I remember when we went to Australia for mum's wedding and I was taken by the Gamma from the Makah Reservation Wolf Pack. That caused havoc between Paul and I because I was marked, by the wrong mate. All this, of course, led to the Huntress, which we defeated and she is still safely locked up in that jail under extreme isolation and from what we hear, she is still alive.

"What are you thinking about?" Paul asked, softly.

"Us". He chuckled.

"You must still be thinking then. Our story could become a new Wikipedia" he shook his head with a grin. I laughed.

"You mean Encyclopaedia" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah whatever," he mumbled, rolling his eyes without a doubt, "how Ryder?"

"He's good, we spoke last night and I invited him for dinner this weekend," I said and then bit my lip, "sorry, I should have asked you first".

"What?" He frowned. "You don't have to do that, he has a fiancé now so I couldn't care less". I rolled my eyes at his harsh comment. But he was right. Ryder did have a fiancé and they were getting married shortly, which I look forward to. He still sees us regularly though and is apart of our lives. I really like his fiancé and we all get along, so that's nice as well.

"Have you spoken to your mum?" he asked.

"Yes, she says little Nick is doing well" I smiled. Three years after mother and Andrew married, mum found out she was pregnant with Andrews's child. We were all surprised, since we thought that she wouldn't have anymore children, but I guess things change. In saying that Nick is three now and they are happily enjoying parent hood together and all over again. Jamie and Monica are happy and enjoying parenthood also with three little children.

"Well I guess everything is all good then" he said with a smile. I leaned my head back and he leaned down kissing me. "I told you" he mumbled against my lips. I pulled back and frowned.

"You told me what?" I asked.

"I told you we'd be fine" he whispered leaning down and kissing me again.

________________________________________________________________________

That's it! That was my Epilogue and I love the ending where he tells her everything turned out as it should have. I hope that you got the stories of the pack and was happy with it. I enjoy my happy endings so I ended this one on a nice note.

Now I want to thank everyone for reading a supporting me through this book. It has been a long year (well 2014 was a good year). I want to thank everyone for commenting, they encouraged me to write faster (even though I slacked towards the end). All the votes are amazing and I am so grateful that my first story turned out the way it did. Thank you to every one who read up to the story this far, I am so appreciative of it. I don't know what else to say or how many times I can write THANK YOU! But THANK YOU! haha.

See you guys soon,

veemarc is out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.4K 1.3K 30
I always hated the part in Twilight where the wolves imprint on children so I decided to write an alternate version where that just doesn't happen. I...
38.1K 1.2K 31
*COMPLETED*Amelia 'Mia' Evans is a junior at Forks High. She and her mom moved back to Forks after living in Seattle ever since she was little. Norma...
454K 8.9K 77
About a month before her junior year ended, Destiny Young's life was flipped upside down. Being forced to move to the La Push Quileute Reservation fr...
Revisit By T.F

Fanfiction

289 0 34
Mischievous, full of trouble, never ending the lines she crosses. When she's young and sent off leaving her father and brother behind. She goes thr...