✓ Heavenly

By demetersdoom

you have aroused my anger and turned your back on me ✶ Harry Potter / Order of the Phoenix - Deathly Hallows More

Angel face, devilish thoughts. . .
000. The Death/The Birth
Part One: Blink from a Universal Eye
001. Just Like Astrid
002. Parental Guidance
003. Hogwarts Express
004. Ministry Interference
005. Poison Ivy
006. Eye To Eye
007. Heavy On My Mind
008. Defense Against The Dark Arts
009. Eyes Of The Ministry
010. Mind Over Matter
011. Little Sister
012. Lovegood
013. I Must Respect My Superiors
014. Nothing Special
016. Life and Death, Good and Evil
017. When Push Comes To Shove
018. Halo Model
019. Only In My Dreams
020. Hog's Head
021. The High Inquisitor
022. In The Fireplace
023. Halfbreed
024. Dumbledore's Army
025. No Such Thing
026. Heavens And Back
027. Absolute Power
028. The Voice In The Void
029. Girl Interrupted
030. St. Mungo's
031. A Single Cry On Christmas
032. Valentine's Day
033. Kindred Spirits
034. The Tiger and The Tigress
035. The Plunge
036. In Control
037. Department of Mysteries
038. Beyond The Veil
039. Guardian Angels
040. Judgement Day
Part Two: A New World Order
041. Revelations
042. Holy Terror
043. Lazarus Rising
044. Venus Black
045. No Rest For The Wicked
046. Coconut Vanilla
047. House Of Cards
048. Dumb Luck
049. Teenage Dream
050. 'Tis The Season
051. Light And Dark
052. Nobody Likes A Bitch
053. God's Grace
054. Trouble In Paradise
055. Kiss And Tell
056. Lightning-Struck Tower
057. Time Will Come
058. Getaway Angel
059. Life After Death
060. Until Hell Freezes
Part Three: Drunken Gods of Slaughter
061. Universal Law
062. Angels On The Line
063. Resurrection Alone
064. Stairway To Heaven
065. Always A Bridesmaid
066. The Ministry Has Fallen
067. September First
068. Teenage Rebellion
069. Target Of Tyranny
070. Malfoy Manor
071. Fight Or Flight
072. On The Other Side
073. Angel Not On Earth
074. Room Of Requirement
075. Commencement
076. The Battle of Hogwarts
077. Only The Dead Have Seen The End
078. Value Of Life
079. The Human Heart
080. How We Survive
081. Who Wins The War
082. Epilogue / After the Storm

015. Law Of Attraction

6.7K 282 256
By demetersdoom

Part One / Chapter Fifteen

Venus had woken up late that Saturday morning. The lights snores of Constance rippling in the air. Venus pulled a sweater over her head and kept the joggers that she'd slept in. Too sleepy to do anything with her hair, she left it a bushy mess.

After sliding on her sneakers, Venus patrolled the halls making sure Fred and George weren't sneaking in products behind her back. She found them in the common room, but they weren't doing what she'd expect them to be doing. They were taking down their posters instead of pinning them up along the walls like they'd done the week before. Lee Jordan stood behind them; arms crossed with his head shaking contentedly.

       "Do my eyes deceive me or did the notorious Weasley Twins actually listen to me?" she said blissfully. Venus still stared at them in astonishment. Her arms crossed like Lee, but a smile spread on her face.

       "I'm just as shocked as you are," Lee said walking to the portrait, head still shaking in frustration. "It's quite disappointing, mates!"

       "Listen, Venus," said Fred. "We're sorry about what we said that day."

       "So, we wanted to make it up to you." George continued, shuffling threw his bag.

       "You guys didn't have to," she watched George dig through his bag. The longer he took, the more antsy Venus became. "I swear if It's some product that turns me into a leprechaun, I will kill you both with my bare hands."

       "No, nothing like that." Fred smirked. All of the sudden, George yanked his hand from inside his bag, holding what looked like an old photograph. "Like we said, we wanted to make it up to you."

       "So, we asked our Mum for a favor and she sent us this." George finished, handing Venus the photograph. "Dad had a knick for photographing when he attended Hogwarts, he was out in the lawns one day and well. . . The photo explains it all."

       It resembled the outline of a Polaroid, the sides scratched and discolored. Two people, a man and a woman, were in the frame. She loved the way the man kissed the woman on the cheek and her instant reaction being to kiss him back. The two bore bright smiles.

      The woman wore a beautiful sage lace dress, her curly hair pulled back into a messy knot. A crescent and moon shaped pendant rested on her chest. The man wore a suit, though with his jacket off and his sleeves cuffed over his elbows; They looked quite elegant, like they were on a date. She watched their smiles replay over and over again, they were so happy, so young.

       Why did she have to die?

       "We used some developing potion for it to move," said Fred, feeling the need to speak because Venus stood there not saying a word; only observing the photograph. "You look like her Venus."

       "Everyone says that," she said looking at the photo tenderly. "Thank you both. Truly. This is the best thing anyone has ever gotten me."

       She pulled both of them into a tight hug. For her small size she was quite strong, overcoming the urge to gasp for air, Fred and George softly hugged her back. Venus finally let go, waving goodbye to the Twins and climbing out of the portrait hole.

. . .

       "Morning," Harry said brightly to Ron and Hermione, joining them at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall.

       "What are you looking so pleased about?" said Ron, eyeing Harry in surprise.

       "Erm . . . Quidditch later," said Harry happily, pulling a large platter of bacon and eggs toward him. Thinking about the encounter he had with his fourth-year crush, Cho Chang.

       "Oh . . . yeah . . ." said Ron. He put down the bit of toast he was eating and took a large swig of pumpkin juice.

       Then he said, "Listen . . . Have you two seen Venus anywhere? We're supposed to practice today."

       "No. Haven't seen her," Harry said bitterly. His tone made Ron gaze at him puzzled.

       "Look, I don't think you should," said Hermione seriously. "you're really behind on homework as it—" But she broke off; the morning post was arriving and, as usual, the Daily Prophet was soaring toward her in the beak of a screech owl, which landed perilously close to the sugar bowl and held out a leg; Hermione pushed a Knut into its leather pouch, took the newspaper, and scanned the front page critically as the owl took off again.

       "Anything interesting?" said Ron.

       "No," she sighed, "just some guff about the bass player in the Weird Sisters getting married. . . ." She opened the paper and disappeared behind it. Harry devoted himself to another helping of eggs and bacon; using his breakfast to refrain from glaring at Ron. "Wait a moment," said Hermione suddenly. "Oh no . . . Sirius. . . Venus!"

       "What's happened?" said Harry, and he snatched at the paper so violently that it ripped down the middle so that he and Hermione were holding half each. " ' The Ministry of Magic has received a tip-off from a reliable source that Sirius Black, notorious mass murderer . . . blah blah blah . . . is currently hiding in London trying to get into contact with a daughter he's been hiding for 14 years, as she currently resides in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.' " he read from his half in an anguished whisper.

       "What has got you three all riled up?" joked Venus, sitting sideways on the bench in the Gryffindor table. She kneeled over Harry to grab a piece of toast, the boy felt his breath hitch as her aroma surrounded him. She even smelled amazing, Harry tried thinking of Cho but he couldn't when Venus was right in front of him. "Anything happen in that newsletter?"

       "No!" Ron boasted. "I mean— nothing."

       "Okay, you guys are acting weird. Let me see," she leaned down to grab the newspaper from Ron when Hermione snatched it. "Why won't you let me read it?" Venus probed. She tried taking it from her when Ron nabbed it back, hiding it behind his back. She harshly jabbed her knuckle into his side. When he doubled over in pain he she yanked the newspaper from his hands. Venus read the headline and her smile fell off her face. Ron and Hermione watched terror overlook her face as she carried on reading the newspaper.

       "Umbridge," Venus said ripping the newsletters in another half. "I know it's her, she's trying to get under my skin. Even if it means blowing Sirius' cover along with it."

       "Maybe practicing with Ron would help you feel better." suggested Harry stabbing his eggs with a fork, not realizing his tone leaned more toward scornful than casual.

       Venus turned to him at lightning speed before barking, "What's wrong with you?"

       "Nothing." He said sharply. "your sudden interest in Sirius is quite astonishing, considering you said you hated him."

       "Do you having something to say to me?" Venus lashed out, snatching Harry's fork so he would at least look at her. "Because my stance with him is none of your business. He's my father not yours."

       "Well, he certainly treats me like a son, doesn't he?"

       Venus lunged at him, ready to punch him in the jaw. Ron seized her by the arms and pulled her away from Harry.

       "Harry! You've said enough!" shouted Hermione.

       Everyone who was in the Great Hall dropped their utensils as they watched Venus and Harry go at each other. Two of Umbridge's yardbirds butting heads was something they didn't want to miss.

       "Come on, Venus." said Ron. He pushed past Harry and led her out of the Great Hall. "He's being such a bloody git today, it's like he's gone mad." Ron and Venus had gone to the Quidditch field that was vacant of any occupants. Such luck they had, it was impossible to get the field alone, especially on a Saturday morning. Ron had mounted his Cleansweep and zoomed up to the goalposts, waiting for Venus to follow. When he looked below, the girl sat sulkily on the stairs. He flew back down and placed his Broom beside him on the stands. "Look, Venus, Harry was being an—"

       "He was right," Venus interrupted. She had her arms wrapped around her knees, staring at the field rather than at Ron.

       "I do hate my dad. But at the same time, I don't hate him. I love him so much, and I just wish he'd show me the same affection he shows Harry."

       "You have your Aunt and your uncle and Tonks, don't you?" said Ron placing a comforting hand on her back.

       "Yes. Of course. I love them with all my heart, but it's not the same as having your actual parents. A Mum and a Dad. It's like I have neither."

       "I wish I could understand, Venus, but I don't." Ron confessed. "The only person—"

       "The only person who remotely understands how I feel is the same person I want to punch in the face," said Venus. The clouds eclipsed, the combination of orange-pink hues had dimmed into a navy blue. Ron kept quiet, his hand fell from Venus' back onto the frigid cobblestone. "Come on, lets practice, Ginger. " Angelina and the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team step out into the Quidditch Field. Unbeknownst to their presence, Venus and Ron were still standing in the field. Venus had her hands placed on Ron's waist teaching him how to swerve between goalposts without falling off his broom. Ron moved stiffly trying to copy her movements.

       "Well, if it isn't the two lovebirds!" Fred exclaimed converging on Venus and Ron.

       "We're still Prefects, Fred." Venus calmly threatened with her arms crossed over her chest.

       "I didn't mean any harm," said Fred stepping farther back from her. "Just a simple observation." George added enthusiastically.

       "Go boil your heads," Ron grumbled pulling Venus away from the Twins. "are you staying to, y'know, watch?"

       "Of course I am, Ginger," Venus beamed hitting Ron lightly in the chest. "Now, go! Angelina's going to have your head on a stick if you don't go huddle." With an ecstatic grin on his face, Ron walked to where the rest of the team was.

       Angelina was waving everyone toward her hastily, then shouted, "Okay everyone, Let's get to it; Alicia and Fred, if you can just bring the ball crate out for us. Oh, and there are a couple of people out there watching but I want you to just ignore them, all right?"

       "What's that Weasley's riding?" Malfoy called in his sneering drawl from the stands above . "Why would anyone put a Flying Charm on a moldy old log like that?" Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy Parkinson guffawed and shrieked with laughter. Venus glowered at them all the way up to the stands. She sat alone watching as the team flew up from the grass and into the sky. Her eyes glancing once in a while toward the Slytherins who continued to cackle devilishly.

       "Okay everyone, we're going to start with some passes just to warm up, the whole team please —"

       "Hey, Johnson, what's with that hairstyle anyway?" shrieked Pansy Parkinson from below. "Why would anyone want to look like they've got worms coming out of their head?"

       "Shut your mouth, Parkinson!" Venus' voice boomed louder than ever. "Angelina, I think your hair looks beautiful!"

       Angelina swept her long braided hair out of her face sending a small smile down to Venus before directing the team for their practice. She watched Ron fell back toward the opposite goal. Angelina raised the Quaffle with one hand and threw it hard to Fred, who passed to George, who passed to Harry, who passed to Ron, who dropped it.

       "Hey, Potter, how's your scar feeling?" called Malfoy. "Sure you don't need a lie-down? It must be, what, a whole week since you were in the hospital wing, that's a record for you, isn't it?"

       "Watch your mouth, Malfoy!" shrieked Venus.

       "Is that a threat, Rosario?" Malfoy snorted, his goons smirking disgustingly behind him.

       "It can if you want it to be."

       "Is the half-breed going to smite me?"

       It was as if everyone in the field had been hit with a binding spell. No one moved after Draco bellowed those words to Venus. How could he have figured out? Even if he was just fighting fire with fire, he couldn't have got his hand on classified Ministry-leveled information. Venus just had to play it safe and hope the boy was only pulling her tail.

       "What did you just call me?" said Venus. "Why on Merlin's earth would you think I'm half-breed?"

       "Looks like you haven't been reading lately, Rosario."

       From the distance, Constance came into view with a copy of the Daily Prophet in her hands. She broke out into a panicked run and met Venus in the stands. "Vee, you need to see this, the Daily Prophet just sent out another copy and. . . Well," Venus took the newsletter and read the top headline aloud between them. " 'Breaking News: It's been identified that Venus Celeste Rosario is indeed the daughter of notorious serial killer Sirius Black,". "Though she's never contacted him after the death of her mother Astrid Rosario who, after a throughout investigation, is neither a witch or a Muggle. Meaning a half-breed is running around the halls of Hogwarts. . .' "

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

               【 AUTHORS NOTE!

Venus: I will smack you tf up, Malfoy!
Draco: half-breed
Venus:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 212 48
"𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬, 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦. 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣�...
1.5K 102 29
❝ "God, Lestrange, you're so fucking annoying, you know that?" "Oh, I'm annoying?! You make me want to pitch myself off the astronomy tower! I fuckin...
27.1K 555 14
"𝘐𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘵𝘰𝘰." ***** 🌸𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐝�...
593K 20.1K 89
❝ you're like a mystery just waiting to be solved. ❞ in which 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐭𝐭 holds more...