Attack on Titan (A basketball...

By xV_W0lf

A basketball AU with the characters of the Attack on Titan manga/anime. (I don't normally add or rather do pa... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Welcome to Trost College
Chapter 2 : Meeting up with friends
Chapter 3 : Knowing one another
Chapter 4 : The trial game
Chapter 5 : The trial game pt.2
Chapter 6 : Meeting her again
Chapter 7 : In-depth
Chapter 8 : Second game in-coming
Chapter 9 : Practice
Chapter 10 : Fight!!
Chapter 11 : Show time
Chapter 12 : Apologies and Rivalries.
Chapter 13 : Preparation
Chapter 14 : Appreciation
Chapter 15 : Next game
Chapter 16 : The Journey Awaits Us
Chapter 17 : Unbreakable
Chapter 18: Motivation from Within
Author's note
Chapter 19 : Doubt
Chapter 20 : Intimidation
Chapter 21 : Payback
Chapter 23 : Adjustments
Chapter 24 : Safe
Chapter 25 : Zeke Jaeger
Chapter 26 : Date
Chapter 27 : The Bracket of Eight
Chapter 28 : The Upperclassmen
Chapter 29 : Inspiration
Chapter 30 : Shifting Tides
Chapter 31 : The Mock Zone
Chapter 32 : Delinquency
Chapter 33 : Revenge Counter
Chapter 34 : Official Exit
Author's Note

Chapter 22 : Will You Be Mine?

348 16 9
By xV_W0lf

How did this happen? Just how in the world did this happen?... And why?, were the train of thoughts running through Armin's head as he and Eren prevented Annie and Mikasa from dueling with each other. Or at least they tried to.

*Two days ago*

"We've decided to let you guys off the hook for training", Levi announced a few days after their game with Ikemoto.

Everyone on the court stopped what they were doing and looked at the coaches who nodded their heads in agreement.

"Erm but why?", Eren asked.

"Beats me", Levi replies, casually shrugging his shoulders.

"But you're the one who said it!", the trainees all thought to themselves.

"We are allowing you days off because one, you've all been working very hard and we'll like you to take it easy for a while and two, the next match was postponed to the next two weeks", Erwin answered.

The players all pondered on this for a bit before breaking into large smiles.

"Well since you're telling us to, we have no choice but to do so. But truth be told, we really appreciate your concerns for us", Armin replied on behalf of the team.

"At least one of 'em knows how to be grateful", Levi grumbled.

"Oh give it a rest will you?",Hanji affectionately nudged him.

"Yeah whatever."

"That's all for today so you're dismissed. And remember to take it easy", Mike said.

A small cheer came from the team, they organized their stuff and prepared to leave.

Armin and Eren finished packing and walked together back to the dorms.

"I was thinking, could you and Annie join Mikasa and I on our date two days from now?", Eren asked all of a sudden.

Armin blushed.

"But wouldn't it feel like we're intruding? I don't want Annie and I to be a burden on you guys", he replied.

"Nah it'll be good. I want Mika and Annie to start getting along since she'll soon be your girlfriend and all. But from the look of things, it's not going to be easy."

"How so?". Armin asked purposely ignoring the statement about Annie being his soon-to-be girlfriend.

"Well for starters, they seem really tense around each other. I'm sure you've noticed it."

Indeed, Armin had noticed it but had chosen long ago not to comment on it.

"And when they think we aren't looking they give each other harsh glares for some reason", Eren said.

He had also noticed this but more than that, he was impressed Eren was that aware of the people around him. A stark contrast with his hotheadedness and impatient nature.

"I see your point in all this", Armin said, "I'll find out if it's okay with her and get back to you later".

"Sure and while we're on it, do ask her to be yours officially. I think it's delayed long enough considering all the lovey-dovey act that's been going on for a few months now", Eren smirked.

"S-stop I-I get it alright", Armin replied looking away with a bit of redness dusting his cheeks.

*Presently*

Both girls continued to advance, their eyes staring down the other and not backing out in the slightest. It was scary... and they were in public!

"L-look why don't we just take a deep breath and settle this peaceful alright? Right?", Eren pleaded.

The two girls didn't even acknowledge him.

"C'mon Armin we gotta do something. It's getting out of hand and people are staring! I can't take this anymore", Eren whispered to Armin.

Armin himself was a nervous wreck. Different solutions were running through his head on how to stop what was about to happen but each scenario had a repercussion and he was almost out of options.

How do I stop this? I can't let them fight here. There has to be something up there Arlert, c'mon think, think, think, think.

Suddenly, a lightbulb lit in his head. He whispered the idea to Eren but he was totally against it.

"We'll get killed", he said.

"It's still worth the shot", Armin replied.

Just as Mikasa and Annie were about to hit the other, both Eren and Armin groped the chest of their respective girls, gave them a swift kiss on the cheek and immediately took off from the cafeteria.

Both females were momentarily stunned at the action.

"Did they just?", Annie's face became a bright red.

"They couldn't", Mikasa's face also had a similar color.

Minutes later, resounding slaps were heard all round the college.

...

"We're sorry"

"We only did it so you two would stop fighting".

Both boys had slap marks on their faces. Armin always knew Annie could pack a punch (obviously) and promised himself to never get her upset or angry.

But as fate would have it, he sighed.

"I thought you were pretty smart but never did I think you would come up with such an idea", Mikasa said referring to Armin.

"Yeah Armin, I also thought you were pretty smart", Eren said sarcastically.

Yeah he had to admit, this time around he was pretty extreme in his ideas.

"B-but it's not my fault. We tried everything to stop you guys but y-you wouldn't budge", Armin said in defense.

"Oh really?", Annie asked.

Both males rapidly nodded their heads.

"Did you call our names?", Mikasa asked.

"Yes"

"Did you hold our hand?"

"Yes!"

"Did you try to hold us back?"

"Yes!"

"Did you try to pull us apart?"

"Yes!!"

"Did you-"

"Dammit!", Eren slammed his hand on the table, "we literally did everything that was possibly normal to separate you guys but you guys are f*cking monsters. You just outright ignored us!!"

"No cussing", Mikasa scolded.

"Sorry".

"But if the only way to get your attention was by groping you, doesn't that mean you are the real perverts here?", Armin said feeling smug.

"Well said brother, well said", Eren nodded feeling satisfied with Armin's logic.

"Don't give me your bull Arlert. You know it doesn't work on me", Annie deadpanned.

"Sorry ma'am", he spoke quickly.

"Hahaha. She's got you whipped man", Eren laughed.

Mikasa glared at him.

"Sorry ma'am", he swiftly responded.

"But granted, shouldn't you guys be apologizing to us. I mean come on we take you out on our free day and you repay us by starting a brawl? What kind of person does that?"

The girls felt guilty as what Eren said was basically true.

"And today was supposed to be special you know", Armin said looking away from them, "there are a lot of things I really wanted to tell you today Annie".

Her heart almost tore in two seeing the expression of the blond boy. She and Mikasa guiltily sighed and apologized to the both of them.

"We're Sorry. We shouldn't have let our rivalry take over like that", Mikasa said.

"A-and we shouldn't have taken you guys for granted so we apologize", Annie continued.

Armin and Eren exhaled in relief. Finally, things have calmed down.

"Apology accepted.", Eren replied, "You really are a handful you know that". He chuckled and brushed his hands through his thick layers of brown hair.

"Let me get us all something to eat", Mikasa said.

"I'll come with you", Eren followed her.

Armin and Annie were left alone at the table much to Armin's discomfort as he knew what Eren was trying to do.

I'll get you back for this Eren.

"Hey Armin?"

"Hm?"

"I'm really sorry about what happened earlier. T-that was", she sighed, "very inconsiderate of me. I should have put your feelings first before scuffling around with the beast".

Oh yeah, I forgot she refers to Mikasa as the beast.

"Annie", he placed his hand on top hers, "I won't think less of you because of something so trivial. If anything, it was quite entertaining. Maybe that's just your way of getting along with her. Besides, I have your attention all to myself now".

Annie's face became pink.

"Don't say stuff like that. I-it's embarrassing", she said.

"Really now? I thought you were the type to never get embarrassed.", Armin smirked.

"Arlert", she warned.

"Never mind", he quickly adjusted.

"So what did you want to tell me today", she asked.

"O-Oh that's right", he suddenly became nervous.

She raised an eyebrow at this. "Armin, you know more than anyone that I'll never make fun of you even if what you say is stupid which won't be. I respect you too much to ever look down on you", she said.

He found comfort in her words knowing that even if she didn't agree she would never look down on him. In that light, he took a deep breath.

"I'm not the most romantic person, neither am I the strongest nor the most amazing. I'm not the most handsome guy around and I'm definitely not the smartest."

Annie frowned a bit hearing this.

"But in spite of that you became my friend. You never looked down on me and you never sneered or laughed at my insecurities. Instead, you encouraged me. You made me believe in myself, have more confidence in my abilities and helped me to build up my esteem which I'm really grateful for."

"Armin-"

"Please let me finish first".

She kept quiet.

"I-I see you as something more than just a friend. I want to be someone you can trust in. Someone you can lean on when your troubled and someone that will hold your hand and comfort you when you need it. I want to have a special relationship with you. That's why Annie Leonhart", he stood up in the midst of the people much to Annie's surprise and did a full ninety degree bow, "I HUMBLY REQUEST THAT YOU GO OUT WITH ME AS BOYFRIEND AND GIRLFRIEND!!".

The entire cafeteria went silent. All eyes focused on the blonde couple.

No no no no no no. What the heck is he doing? That's not part of the plan!!!, Eren cried from his hiding spot with Mikasa.

Annie on the other hand was totally stunned. She couldn't believe it! He just asked her to be his girlfriend! She could care less about the gazing eyes let them stare all they want. Right now, it was just her and Armin. She knew he could be bold when he wanted to but she never expected him to be this bold.
Truth be told, her mind had often wandered off , thinking about when Armin would ask her to be his. She had often thought of taking the lead but she had zero experience with this kind of stuff. She wanted to do one thing but she'll be damned if it was in front of all this people.

"Follow me", she bent and whispered in his ear before walking off.

"Huh?", he said in astonishment, clearly not expecting that kind of reaction.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ALL LOOKING AT? YOU'VE NEVER BEEN CONFESSED TO BEFORE? QUIT STARING AND MIND YOUR GODDAMN BUSINESS", Eren shouted.

Everyone turned away from the scene and returned to their former activities of course murmuring about what happened.

"Follow her!", Mikasa whispered, pointing in the direction Annie just left.

Armin regained his posture and did as he was told.

When he got outside. "Annie?!! Did I do something wrong?! If I did please let me know what it is?!! I'm -mmph"

He was cut off when pair of strong arms pulled him to a wall. With his back on the wall he looked down and saw Annie looking up at him with an unfamiliar look on her face

"A-Annie? I-"

She pressed her lips against his efficiently cutting him off for the second time.

W-w-w-hat?, Armin's brain couldn't form a coherent thought. He was too distracted by the feel of her soft lips against his slightly chapped ones.

She pulled away for a minute. She stared directly into his eyes and leaned for another one. This time, Armin was quick to respond. He cupped her face and held her waist gently, drawing her closer to himself and eagerly reciprocated the kiss. She grabbed him by the collar, pressing and moulding her lips against his. He nibbled on her lower lip and she let out a small moan in pleasure which he eagerly swallowed. The two continued their make-out session. Hot pants and breaths were exchanged between the duo. They continued to kiss until the archenemy of all kisses came into being- the need for air.

They separated. A thin string of saliva connecting them dissipated as they did so.

They took deep breaths, their eyes never leaving the others. There was a small, comfortable silence. Armin knew whatever answer she had in mind won't be as scary as he originally thought. She gazed into his ocean blue eyes and gave him a small, brief kiss.

"Yes. I'll be your girlfriend", she whispered to him.

Overflowing with different emotions, he leaned down and touched her forehead with his.

"I promise I won't let you down Annie.", he said.

"I know you won't", she replied, "now get down here and kiss me again"

He laughed but did as he was told. The two blondes in their own world with only the other on their mind as they passionately kissed and the evening drew to a close.

Another chapter done . Thank you all for waiting and reading. I really appreciate your patience with me. I'll be on a little hiatus from now on, so the rate at which I post will slow down maybe once in a month for some time. A lot has come up recently and I've been cooped up with school activities and the likes which cut short my time everyday. I'll still be posting as I said above but not just as frequently for a while so please bear with me everyone 🙇.
That's all for today so stay safe and strong wherever you are and I'll see you all in the next chapter. Bye 👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 3.7K 37
Completed! Eren volunteers at a medical hospital for helping teenagers and ends up falling in love with a paralyzed girl. But after getting her out...
41.5K 497 12
Expect to see oneshots of mainly EreMika (of course), Springles, AruAni, LeviHan, JeanMarco, and YumiKuri. (I ship those btw, if you didn't know) So...
961 26 30
You had grown up in Eldia and had know Eren and the gang all your life. When you reached junior high you transferred schools to Marley. Your ideal g...
133K 3.4K 32
A Aurani (Armin x Annie) fanfic of what could be,they could get married and have a child. They could. (This is set in Attack on Titan time around tra...