Alex Karev's Secret Daughter

By beuatifulsunnydayz

What if what Alex was truly running from was the bad memories of his past, with the love of his life. What if... More

Meet the Cast
Secret is Out
Smiles and Frowns

Brooklyn Mae Karev

2.4K 35 0
By beuatifulsunnydayz

Alex's POV:
Me and my daughter moved to Seattle about two years ago. And Today is my first day as a surgical resident at Seattle Grace Hospital. I have a three-year old daughter, named Brooklyn but I had planned to keep my daughter a secret for awhile, it's bad enough I got judged for being so young, but I needed to just keep to myself and stick to work. My job is to provide for Brooke, and be there for her, not make friends, however I already had. I start getting ready for the day and then head to Brooke's room to wake her up. I see her peacefully sleeping and I smile. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me and she's my whole world. I squat down to her bed and lightly rub her head and start to wake her up.
Alex- Brookie...*says softly moving her hair out of her face* come on bubba...
Brooke starts to stir and she flutters her eyes open, she notices me and reaches towards me
Brooke- daddy! *rubs eye, sucks on binki, and hold arms out*
Alex- *picks her up* hey bubba, how was your sleep?
Brooke- *slightly nods into his neck*
I bring her to the bathroom and pull off her pants and place her on the toilet, to go to the bathroom. She goes and starts to rub my stubble of a beard on my chin and lightly giggles. I get her dressed, into a yellow dress, and do her hair in pigtails. She still has her binki, which has become an attachment thing for her, she was diagnosed with anxiety and the binki is a comfort object for her so I allow her to use it.
Alex- ready to eat?
Brooke- yes!
I place her in her high chair, and strap her in, I also take her binki and put it in my bag in case she needs it later. I place eggs on her plate and she begins to eat with her hands, and I smile at her cuteness.
Brooke- look daddy! *she holds up the egg*
Alex- *laughs* I see baby!
After she's done I clean her up and pack her bag up.
Alex- remember what daddy told you, your going to be in daycare right around the corner from where I work. I'll be back for you after work okay?
Brooke- are you gonna save lives daddy?!?
Alex- yes princess I am.
Brooke- that's so cool daddy!
Alex- thank you Brooke, let's get into the car.
I buckle her in her car seat and kiss her forehead. I get into the front seat and start driving, I am stopped at a red light and Brooke seems nervous and is fidgeting.
Alex- baby girl what's wrong?
Brooke- I wanna stay with you!
Ever since her mom left us, she has had separation anxiety, and the doctors said she should grow out of it, but it's getting worse and I hate to see her like this.
Alex- I know baby but I have to work and you get to go play with other kids
Broke- *starts to cry* no I stay with you daddy!
I sigh, and reach for her binki in my bag and place it in her mouth.
Alex- shh...baby calm down...if you are good we can go get ice cream after okay?
Brooke-*sniffles* okay...daddy
We get to her daycare and I pick her up and take her binki and put it away in my bag. I carry her in and stop right outside the door. I bend down to her level and look into her eyes, she won't let go of me and I feel her grip tighten.
Alex- baby I have to go now
Brooke- no daddy...
One of the caretakers notices what's going on and comes over.
Alex- Brooke we talked about this I'll be back and we will go get ice cream
Brooke- no please bring me with you... *cries*
Her caretaker picks her up and starts to try and calm her down. I pull out her binki and place it in her mouth.
Alex- shh..baby I'll be back after work *kisses forehead* bye Brookie
I watch as I leave she is thrashing around in the caretakers arms trying to come and be with me, she's screaming 'daddy, come back' and it makes my heart want to break. I would take her to the daycare at the hospital but I really would rather not people know about Brooke it keeps her safe. And create less drama. I pull up to the hospital, get out and go to the resident locker room. Once I walk in I see Meredith, April, and Jackson, and I go and make a snarky comment. It's honestly my defense mechanism, so no one will want to get close to me. After the day, all the residents asked if I wanted to go to the bar with them but I said no, mainly because of Brooke and also I can't drink. I arrive at her daycare and rush in to pick up my baby. I see her crying in the corner of the room, and I begin to worry. I run over to her and pick her up and rock her.
Alex- hey Brookie...what's wrong?
Brooke- daddy! *cries into my neck*
Caretaker- she hasn't stopped crying since you left, we have tried everything.
Alex- okay, just next time call me!
I turn and walk to my car with Brooke still clinging to me and crying. I realize she won't easily go into her car seat so I sit in the front seat and cradle her.
Alex- baby calm down okay? I'm here, I told you I would come back
Brooke- daddy...you left
Alex- I just had to go to work baby, I'll always come back for you
Brooke- promise?...
Alex- promise
I buckle her into her car seat and place her binki in her mouth, and I start driving home. Once we arrive I feed Brooke, and bathe her, and put her to bed before going to bed myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 5.6K 25
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
431K 17.6K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
955K 36.2K 86
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1.1M 44.6K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...