The Night That Changed Everyt...

By ChelciaGordon

We've all made mistakes before, right? But when Kayla Stewart makes the drunken mistake of falling into the b... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!
IMPORTANT QUESTION - PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE
I needed to explain a couple of things to you, please read (Essential)
News: UPDATE
Chapter Fourty
Chapter 41
Happy New Year - I'm back!

Chapter Twenty One

40.4K 859 57
By ChelciaGordon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey lovelies, here's chapter twenty one. I'm sorry that I've taken forever to upload, but it's been hard to write in between school and exams. But now I'm on Christmas break and I'm going to try and get the next chapter up in two days. I hope you enjoy this chapter and please comment on what you think etc. Please don't forget to vote <3

One more thing, I want to say the biggest thank you for all my dedicated readers and to anyone that's ever read this story. I've gotten over 100,000 reads which seriously means so much to me. So thank you. <3

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kayla: 23 weeks pregnant

There is a sudden knock at the door, leading me to jump at the unexpected sound and awaken from my serene sleep. Damion is oblivious to the knock as he lays sound asleep next to me, his eyelids closed against the dim of dawn, all of the muscles in his body at total peace as he lies like a soundless baby sleeping through the early hours of their restful slumber.

I smile before reluctantly stepping out of bed and making my way towards the door. I catch a fleeting look at myself in the reflection of the hallway mirror and shudder as I run my fingers through my flattened curls. I tip toe, peering through the peephole before swinging open the door.

“Good morning,” the young boy says as he reads the name on the squared parcel, “I’ve got a parcel for Mr Damion,” he pauses as he looks up at me, his cheeks slightly turning red as he slowly scans me up and down, “Lucas,” he says.

I raise my eyebrows before chuckling, “Yeah, I can take that,” I say.

He clears his throat before saying, “Uh, um, can you sign here please.”

I scribble down my signature with the electronic pen on the touch screen device before retrieving the parcel and saying, “Thank you,” and closing the door behind me. As I’m walking into the dining area, I examine the package, feeling around the edges and shaking it about before placing it on the glass dining table. I then retrieve the small, squared shape remote and point it at the windows, which allows a gush of sunlight to enter into the apartment as the floor length curtains slowly slide open.

Ten minutes later, as I’m washing up the plates from last night’s meal, Damion silently walks up behind me and wraps his arms around my stomach, pressing his body against mine and resting his head on my shoulder.

I smile and tilt my neck to the left, giving him access as he murmurs, “Good morning,” and presses kisses along my neck. Little by little he then trails his hand up and down my thigh, gently caressing it as he softly nibbles my earlobe.

“Hm, what’s gotten into you?” I grin as his hand reaches my bottom, lightly squeezing it. I then turn around, smiling as I dangle my dripping, soapy, wet arms from around his neck. He brushes his nose on the bridge of mine as he locks his dazzling azure eyes into mine. “You know that these kisses can’t be good for a pregnant woman when her sexual hormones are at a high,” I grin.

He chuckles before planting a kiss on my lips, “Well you need to stop being so damn hot then,” he says. His phone begins to sound in the distance, the ringing sound echoing throughout the apartment, calling out to be answered. He presses one final kiss onto my lips before letting go of my waist, exiting the kitchen and into the dining area where he answers the phone.

I pour green dishwasher liquid onto the soapy sponge before washing the remaining dirty plates. Minutes later, after muffled discussion in the next room, Damion quickly enters the kitchen with his phone placed against his chest, “It’s my mom and she wants us to stay by her for the weekend,” he mouths, barely audible.  

I turn around in unease, my brows borrowing as I mumble, “Uh...”  He raises his eyebrows in expectation as he urges me to make a decision, “Yeah, sure,” I whisper before nervously gulping.

Damion clears his throat before returning the phone to his ear, “Mom?” he pauses as he waits for her reply, “Yeah, uh, we’re coming.” He cracks a grin as he hears her response before rolling his eyes and saying, “I love you too mom,” as his cheeks redden, “Okay, bye.”

He ends the call and looks at me, his left eyebrow slightly rising as he folds his toned arms and leans against the counter top. “Well, it seems like we’re going to Ohio on Friday,” he says before letting out a sigh.

I pause, “Well at least I get to finally meet your family,” I smile.

“My mom’s dying to meet you,” he explains, “Which is a good thing because I know she’ll love you, everyone will.”

“Well I hope they do.” I pause, “Do they know about the baby?” I question.

Damion gulps before walking away, “Uh, yeah, I was hoping that it could be a surprise,” he calls out. 

“Great,” I mutter. It’s hard enough introducing myself as his girlfriend to his family, let alone mentioning that there’s going to be a new addition to their family. Let’s hope they don’t start questioning what happened between us or how we met like my parents did. 

Half an hour later, I find myself gazing in awe at Damion’s hard, lean frame as he stands shirtless before me, running his fingers through his hair as he gets ready in front of the mirror. I try to tear my gaze from his muscular form but it’s no use as the corner of my lips turn upright whilst biting the corner of my lip. His handsome features turn into a knowing grin as he catches me staring in the reflection of the mirror.

“Is this what you done to attract your mouth watering girlfriends, flaunt your pecks around?” I ask.

He turns around, grinning as he says, “No, I just had to smile and they’d come running, that’s how I got you.”

I over dramatically gasp, my eyes widening as I pick up a pillow, throwing it at him before my opened mouth cracks into a grin. “You’re such a douche sometimes,” I laugh as he ducks, chuckling as he lets the pillow fall on the floor.

“I’m joking,” he grins before putting on his shirt, “Are you ready?” he ask as he rolls up the sleeves of his blue, denim shirt.

“Yes,” I nod, still chuckling.

Less than a minute later, we step outside, the bright sun attacking our eyes as it shines brightly in the cloudless sky.  My eyes squint as I rummage through my purse, desperately trying to find my oversized Chanel sunglasses to protect the sun from beaming in my eyes.

“Woah, it’s bright out here,” Damion says as he removes his dark shades that are resting on his hair and puts them on. He then takes hold of my hand and we walk towards our two cars that are parked side by side. “Are you driving?” he asks.

“Yeah, I’ve got a full tank,” I say as I open the door to my Ford. We enter into the car and begin our twenty minute journey to the shopping mall.

As I drive up to a stoplight, I retrieve my beauty rush lip balm and gently apply some onto my lips. “By the way, you look really beautiful today,” Damion says, smiling at me as he watches me patter my lips.

My cheeks redden as I turn to face him before leaning over and planting a kiss on his lips, “Thank you,” I smile. I’m wearing a cream, satin, shoulder cut out, wavy top with black, leather leggings.

Ten minutes later, I park the car in the overcrowded parking lot and we make our way into the large, busy shopping mall. We enter through the sliding, automatic doors and I’m greeted by the music that’s being played across the mall along with the loud chattering voices of people talking with their companions as they slowly walk past the stores, stopping and staring every now and again. Men sit around on the available chairs, life trained from their faces as their girlfriends and wives dart from store to store, looking for sales on the latest fashion items.

Children run to the windows of toy stores in awe before turning to their tired parents and screaming out cries of plea. Mothers slowly push their prams and strollers, oblivious to the annoyed people who are trying to rush past. Bright, smiling sales assistances walk around, greeting people and giving our flyers and advertising their various products.

“So, do you know what we need to buy?” Damion asks as he places his hands in his pockets.

I rummage through my oversized, sandy Zara purse, retrieving the long list of items that we need for the baby. “Well, at my prenatal class, the lady told me that we need all of this,” I say as I hand Damion the list.

His eyebrows rise in disbelief as he looks at the towering list, “We need all of this just for a baby?” he asks, “Don’t they just need some clothes and diapers and like bottles?”

I shake my head, “Babies are very expensive,” I explain.

He lets out a sigh, “Well let’s go then.” Damion takes my hand and we walk around the mall hand in hand, gazing inside of stores as we try to find items that are perfect for the baby. We walk inside of a kids store and make our way towards the baby section. “This is cute,” I say as I pick up a small, white baby grow.

Damion walks up to me holding a white bib which says ‘Daddy’s little monster’, “Isn’t this cute?”

I smile, “Yes it is, but we can’t get that,” I explain, “It’s white and it will just get dirty.”

“I don’t care,” Damion says as he drops it in the basket, “It’s cute and we can wash it.”

After hours of walking around different stores, buying items from baby grows to singing bears; we decide to bring our shopping trip to an end. Damion’s walking behind me with boredom planted on his expressionless face, carrying tens of bags whilst typing away at his iPhone.

My throbbing head circles, leading me to gently massage my temple with my fingers. I place my hand on my stomach, rubbing it in circular motions as it grumbles, calling out for food. My body becomes weak, as if I’m floating through the air and my feet are miles away from the ground. “Damion, I don’t feel so good,” I say, turning around to face him.

He looks up, “Why babes, what’s up?” he questions, concern spreading across his face.

“I feel like I’m going to throw up because I’m so hungry, my legs are feeling really weak and I just don’t know, all of a sudden I don’t feel so good,” I explain.

“Maybe you just need to sit down,” he says. “Why don’t we go to the car and then I’ll pick us up some-”

“Damion?” A familiar, female voice interrupts.

My lips craft into a firm straight line as my left eyebrows rises before turning around to face Rosie. She cracks a grin at me, her perfectly arched eyebrow rising as she looks me up and down. Her red mane is brushed back into a sleek ponytail and she’s wearing blue, denim shorts with a plain white, long sleeved shirt tucked inside. Her arms are lined with bangles and black feather earrings dangle from her ears.

“Hey,” Damion says before putting his arm around my waist.

She smiles, “What are you guys doing here?”

“Shopping,” I reply, stating the obvious.

She lets out a laugh, “Well aren’t you funny,” she spits. She then looks down at our hands which are filled with bags and her eyes slowly widen as she sees the baby content inside. Her eyes then trail up my thighs and then fix onto my stomach, nearly bursting out of their sockets as she takes in my bump.

After a long silence she questions, “Are you,” she pauses, her eyes veering towards me, turning into slits as she fumbles for words to finish her sentence.

“Pregnant?” I suggest.

“Yes,” Damion confirms, the corner of his lips turning upright as a smug smirk lies on his face before quickly hindering away as he takes a nervous gulp, unsure of how she’s going to react.

She stands there, glaring at me and then to Damion, “I didn’t know you had it in you to stick by one of your hook ups,” she says as a smirk spreads across her face. “Well congratulations,” she then says to me, winking as she then walks away.  

“Did she just...” I pause, turning around in disbelief as I watch Rosie walk away through the busy crowd, slightly swaying her hips as if she’s on a runway, my pulse speeding up, my breathing becoming shallow, my eyes watering in anger as my fists clench.

“Just ignore her Kayla,” Damion says, “She’s not trying to hurt you, she’s trying to get to me, I know what she’s doing.”

I shake my head, my blood boiling through my veins as I bury my head in my palms, letting out a growl in frustration. My fingers run through my hair as I deeply exhale, “Let’s just go home before I change my mind and slap that bitch,” I grumble. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So how did you like it? Please do comment or message me, I love to hear what you guys think. Please vote and stay tuned for the next chapter which will be posted in maximum a couple a days. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 104 39
When 29 year old Cara gets into a car accident, she forgets everything. She doesn't know what she is doing, who she is with, or even who she is! She...
72 10 10
Lucas didn't think he had a reason to live ,so, Brea, became his reason. But will they share the same forever? **************************************...
91 1 20
When Kayla Price finds out she's Pregnant with the not so loving boy Dylan, her world changes for the worse. Everyone, besides her childhood best fri...
1K 87 34
"I pray that the last time I said goodbye was not meant forever." *** Growing up with a single parent with not much money to spare wasn't particularl...